Compare Two Images

What are the properties of an image that can be compared for taking the percentage of matching between two images?
Like std2(), we can take the std2() value of two images and then simply take the percentage of the two. After that we can compare between the two. Is there anything else like this function in matlab? Please help.

Rajesh
Kolkata
0
Rajesh
4/21/2010 3:21:04 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207254 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

You can take the difference of two images, and draw contours to visualize the difference between images.

Deep

"Rajesh Sarkar" <rajeshsarkar.it@gmail.com> wrote in message <hqlqv0$83a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> What are the properties of an image that can be compared for taking the percentage of matching between two images?
> Like std2(), we can take the std2() value of two images and then simply take the percentage of the two. After that we can compare between the two. Is there anything else like this function in matlab? Please help.
>
> Rajesh
> Kolkata
0
Deepananthan
11/28/2010 10:19:04 AM
Rajesh Sarkar:
There are lots of things depending on what you want to measure.  For just one example, you could look at optical flow (http://www.csd.uwo.ca/faculty/barron/) to get little vectors of where each pixel moved to.

What are *you* interested in detecting?
0
Image

[9fans] Two questions
Hello! I have the current Plan9 CD installing itself into a virtual disk drive. Q1: How do I go about checking to see if the finally installed image sees the virtual Ethernet device for the system? (It believes it to be a Digital Tulip style one.) Q2:And this is related to Q1 above: Are these adapters supported on real hardware? (Of course I'll recheck the Wiki pages.) ----- Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com "This signature fought the Time Wars, time and again." > Q1: How do I go about checking to see if the finally installed image > sees the virtual Ethernet device ...

How to run two MAT files ?
Dear Matlab users I have two mat files. I want to process with the main program both of these two mat files. Please help me how to conduct it. Thank you. Hi, I don't understand your question. load('file1.mat') <do stuff> load('file2.mat') <do stuff> What do you mean by "run two mat files" ? J�r�me I am sorry for my last question. I have data in file1.mat This file1 contains sv and ss data. I want to compute both sv and ss with the other function. Would you be so kind to help me how to do this ? I really appreciated your help. Thank you. J�...

Changing resolution of image
Hello !! Can I change a resolution of image in Matlab?? i.e. read some iamge and e.g. write it bact on disk with other resolutiohn. lukzab wrote: > > > Hello !! > Can I change a resolution of image in Matlab?? > i.e. read some iamge and e.g. write it bact on disk with other > resolutiohn. > solution: Hi, well you can always use the "imwrite" command..and then write the image in a format you want to specify..In the tiff or png compression format, you can specify the resolution parameter, which is something like 'Resolution' A two-element vector conta...

Find function between two sets of coordinates
Hi guys, I'm new to Matlab and need to one thing for my project in which I'm relatively stuck: I have an original set of image coordinates from a map, and have ten points in that map of which I know the world coordinates. Is there any function that could convert the 'Image Map coordinates' to 'World Coordinates'? I've got no idea how to code this... Map World (53,465) (-9.2722,42.8825) (590,579) (18.4833,40.1500) (775,616) (34.5867,35.6950) (264,191) (10.5833,57.7167) (139,331) (-5.7161,50.0686) (572,111) (30.3000,59.9500) (692,414) (32.7025,45.5019)...

advice/compare sony tr1-toshiba dynabook c8
Now that sony tr1 is or about to ship..is there any difference between tr1 sold in usa and tr1 sold at dynamism.com besides higher price? Also interested in toshiba dynabook c8 and would like some advice, comparision, or any input on these machines. thanks > Now that sony tr1 is or about to ship..is there any difference between > tr1 sold in usa and tr1 sold at dynamism.com besides higher price? Also Japanese vs. US software. C8 is in a totally different category, competing with much heavier notebooks at the 4.8lbs rating. Nowehere near the 3.x lbs of the TR1. You'd have t...

Differences between two Schemes?
I've noticed a few significant differences between MIT/GNU Scheme and Scheme as described in Abelson, Sussman & Sussman's book. true: #t 't false: #f nil empty list: () nil sequencing: begin sequence Is there a list of the differences somewhere? I'm surprised to find these significant differences partway through it, since it's MIT's book from MIT's people. -- I could show them the ansible, but it didn't make a very convincing Alien Artifact, being so incomprehensible as to fit in with hoax as well as with reality. ...

[News] iTWire Compares Windows to Vomit, Windows Seen as "Hobbyist O/S"?
Vomit or Linux: your choice ,----[ Quote ] | Imagine standing on the road. An oncoming car is heading rapidly towards you. | You have a choice to move, or to stay. Now consider that in business you need | to choose a server platform wisely but often Windows shops become entrenched | because it is the status quo. A couple of user experiences show why you ought | to think about it more. `---- http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16891/1143/ Vista vs. Ubuntu - My Rant ,----[ Quote ] | Screw you Windows. | | It’s late, I have to work tomorrow, so I’ll play with it on the weekend. The |...

How about the future of PHP compared with Java?
Is PHP more suitable for developing an interactive website than Java/ J2EE? On Apr 26, 2:00 am, tenxian <hi.steven...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is PHP more suitable for developing an interactive website than Java/ > J2EE? The question is so broad that there likely is no single correct answer for all sorts of interactive websites. PHP has become much more popular over recent years, and Java has become less popular. I find PHP more easy to apply than Java in many cases, but then those who started writing Java when it was young may often find Java code more easy to write. Someone who come...

Map an image onto a sphere
Hi all, I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't find the answer. I have an array that is 360 x 180 and I want to project it onto a sphere for display purposes. I've had success using the Molleweide projection with the documentation arr = randomu(seed, [360, 180]) mollmap = IMAGE(arr, $ LIMIT=[-90,-180,90,180], GRID_UNITS=2, $ IMAGE_LOCATION=[-180,-90], IMAGE_DIMENSIONS=[360,180], $ MAP_PROJECTION='Mollweide', rgb_table=13) But I can't seem to change it so that the projection is onto a sphere instead. Any help would be greatly apprecia...

Boosted decision trees compared to neural networks
I'm doing research comparing boosted decision trees to neural networks for various types of predictive analyses. A boosted decision tree is an ensemble tree created as a series of small trees that form an additive model. I'm using the TreeBoost method of boosting to generate the decision tree series. TreeBoost uses stochastic gradient boosting to increase the predictive accuracy of decision tree models (see http://www.dtreg.com/treeboost.htm). The available publications comparing boosted trees to neural networks are pretty limited, but the comparisons show boosted trees matching, a...

comparing within-subject regressions across conditions
Hi, I'm a Ph.D. student in Psychology wrestling with the following analysis: A subject 'performs' a series of items which can be either old or new. For each item (ITEM: 0=old, 1=new), we recorded a response time (RT) and a recognition judgment on a six-point scale (REC). Thus, for each subject, RT and ITEM can be viewed as predictors of REC. level 1 (within-subject): REC = b1*RT + b2*ITEM + b3*RT*ITEM + e Two additional variables come into play: 1) Each subject repeated the above test with different instructions (INSTR: 0, 1) 2) A participant's IQ (for the sake of sim...

Comparation of two files
I heard that there exists a code in Matlab to compare two files, but I do not remember the name. Can anybody help me? John Hello, You can use Windiff (available with Windows 2000/Xp). Also you can search at www.google.com for "freeware file comparison tools". BTW, Beyond Compare is a great file comparison tool. regards Chaitanya "John" <john_borrar@hotamil.com> wrote in message news:eedd8eb.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > I heard that there exists a code in Matlab to compare two files, but > I do not remember the name. Can anybody help me? > > John John ...

Great Job!...Any idea if there will be a "stable release" in the next two months?

Announcement: MICCAI workshop on Bio- Imaging and Visualization for Patient-Customized Simulations 2013
MICCAI workshop on Bio- Imaging and Visualization for Patient-Customized Simulations 2013 September 26, 2013 Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan http://sites.google.com/site/mwbivpcs Description Imaging and Visualization are among the most dynamic and innovative areas o= f research of the past few decades. Justification of this activity arises f= rom the requirements of important practical applications such as the visual= ization of computational data, the processing of medical images for assisti= ng medical diagnosis and intervention, and the 3D geometry reconstruction a= nd process...

Comparing Hp and Toshiba Notebooks
Have focused on two mid-line models. HP-ZV5255US and the Toshiba A55-S326 It will be used by a student. Basic differences are: HP- one pound heavier than Toshiba HP- 2.2GHz Athlon 64, Toshiba is 1.6 Centrino HP- Nvidia graphics 440 Go, Toshiba is 420 Go HP- 64Mb of Dedicated Video RAM, Toshiba has 32mb shared (both have 512mb/ system RAM) HP- 5 in 1 card reader, Toshiba doesn't have it. HP- has 1Mb of L2 cache, Toshiba has 2Mb The HP seemingly has more going for it. What I don't now is: 1. how the HP's FSB compares with the Toshiba's 400MHz. 2. how the clock speeds compa...

Re: Comparing character values in MACRO #10
Ron , You hit the problem IMO on the head, "the reader should be familiar with the data step character variable handling" We are not in the data step language we are in the macro language. Most of the confusion when people are writing macros is that they get the data step and macro langauge confused and all mixed up. If they would make a strong seperation of the two the macro world becomes infinitly easier. One of the advantages to speed of learning and problems with the Macro lanaguage has always been that some of its language elements mimic the Data Steps langauge elemenst to...

FAQ 4.14 How can I compare two dates and find the difference? #4 554378
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 4.14: How can I compare two dates and find the difference? (contributed by brian d foy) You could just store all your dates as a number and then subtract. Life isn't always that simple though. If you want t...

How the iPhone compares
RoughlyDrafted compares the iPhone with existing mobiles in four areas that have been major weaknesses: UI, Stability, Sync, and DRM Device Problems In Search of a Solution (published prior to the iPhone's release) http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Q4.06/1E7EF0F1-D0FE-4CB3-8F63-BA925A511904.html "The problems PDAs and mobile phones suffer are comparable to the mess of incompatibility and complexity that plagued desktop computing in the 80's. The problems aren't all the same, but they similarly act to limit the usability and potential of consumer electronics." Inside The...

select two points on a graph
Hello: I would like to ask .How I can let matlab detect the linear part of a graph automatically?and after that detect two adjesent point with fix distance between them also automatically .under which title that i can find it in the help?Please ,I need the answer soon.and is it possible or not ? best regards, laser jku jku wrote: > I would like to ask .How I can let matlab detect the linear part of a graph automatically? -Exactly- what input do you have? The probable answer is "Your graph does not have a linear part, only something that is -approximately- linear". > and af...

difference between comparator and comparable interface
what's the difference between comparable and comparator interface. gaurav wrote: > what's the difference between comparable and comparator interface. Comparable interface shows that the class knows how to compare ITSELF against another class. Comparator interface allows a single class know how to compare two classes which (typically) are not the same type as the comparator. Its about moving the responsibility for doing the comparison from the class that is being compared, to another class who's sole responsibility is to be the comparator. On 20 Feb 2005 04:12:12 -0800,...

Image::Magick
I am using the following script to manage image database. I understand it is primitive, but it's ok for me for this case. Don't mind Common:: stuff - Common::trim trims a line, Common::connect connects to local MyySQL database, Common::isLoggedIn checks if the cookie is valid and thus checks the access. You are free to comment on ugly code if you so desire (I'd appreciate that but that's not the important part atm ;)), but the problem is as follows. Some images get corrupted. It doesn't seem to be POST data size limit cause thumbnails actually come out right, e.g. everythi...

Overlaying a transparent image on a window?
Hi all, I want to display a transparent image in the middle of a Tk window. Is this possible with Tk? Right now I create a label with the image, and I place it in the middle of the toplevel: label .label -image HourglassWindow place .label -anchor c -relx 0.5 -rely 0.5 But labels cannot have the {} background colour (as toplevels have), so I get the default gray background: http://www.ellogon.org/~petasis/tcl/Images/TransparentLabel.png Any ideas? George On 6/15/2010 4:43 AM, Georgios Petasis wrote: > Hi all, > > I want to display a transparent imag...

Sovereignty in Cyberspace / Two Legal scholars Puncture Myth
CRITICAL FACULTIES Sovereignty in cyberspace Two legal scholars puncture the myth of the borderless, lawless Internet By Christopher Shea LESS THAN a decade ago, in his famous "Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace," the Internet theorist John Perry Barlow wrote, "Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel ... You have no sovereignty where we gather." How quickly things change. In a 2000 case, a French court ruled that Yahoo, an American company, had to follow French law and make sure that no Nazi memorabilia could be...

Database Compare,Data Compare tool,sort sync scipts with database dependencies.
DBC (Database Compare) is a fast, comprehensive database structure and data comparison tool.Sort sync scipts with database dependencies. www.d-softs.com ...

ASA with two default-routes
Hi, does anybody know who a ASA with two default routes loadbalances the traffic? Per destination or per packed of whatever else? On Dec 20, 2:10 am, Helmut <n...@address.com> wrote: > Hi, does anybody know who a ASA with two default routes loadbalances the > traffic? Per destination or per packed of whatever else? http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/ip.html#wp1047894 Excerpt From Above Link: You can define up to three equal cost routes to the same destination per interface. ECMP is not supported across multiple interfaces. With EC...