Compare Two Images

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

What are the properties of an image that can be compared for taking the percentage of matching between two images?
Like std2(), we can take the std2() value of two images and then simply take the percentage of the two. After that we can compare between the two. Is there anything else like this function in matlab? Please help.

Rajesh
Kolkata
0
Reply Rajesh 4/21/2010 3:21:04 AM

See related articles to this posting

You can take the difference of two images, and draw contours to visualize the difference between images.

Deep

"Rajesh Sarkar" <rajeshsarkar.it@gmail.com> wrote in message <hqlqv0$83a$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> What are the properties of an image that can be compared for taking the percentage of matching between two images?
> Like std2(), we can take the std2() value of two images and then simply take the percentage of the two. After that we can compare between the two. Is there anything else like this function in matlab? Please help.
>
> Rajesh
> Kolkata
0
Reply Deepananthan 11/28/2010 10:19:04 AM

Rajesh Sarkar:
There are lots of things depending on what you want to measure.  For just one example, you could look at optical flow (http://www.csd.uwo.ca/faculty/barron/) to get little vectors of where each pixel moved to.

What are *you* interested in detecting?
0
Reply Image 11/28/2010 2:16:04 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

comparing two image
Hi I had a three layered image and a one layered image. I should compare the first pixel of 1 layered image with all the pixels of 3 layered pixel and plot them(for plotting we need to use the same Xand Y axis as of mean plot) ...

Compare two images....?
Suggestions on the best (preferably easiest way) to compare two images (captured both from the desktop via java robot) ? The following code is the code I will be using to take the screen shot (currently it saves just to a file): import java.awt.*; import java.awt.image.*; import java.io.*; import javax.imageio.*; class Screenshot{ static public void main() { try { //Get the screen size Toolkit toolkit = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(); Dimension screenSize = toolkit.getScreenSize(); Rectangle rect = new Rectangle(0,0,screenSize.width,screenSize.height); Robot robot = new Robot(); ...

How to compare two image
I get a image to compare with image in the database. image in database has 5 (Feature)group (image = mouth) 1. How to compare .. matching image 2. How can I extraction feature from mouth for compare PLEASE .... Thank you very very much ...

Comparing two images
I want to compare two images, one uploaded by the user and the other one existing in the database and show whether they are the same.How do I do this in matlab? "Viraj" wrote in message <j13hue$h3c$1@newscl02ah.mathworks.com>... > I want to compare two images, one uploaded by the user and the other one existing in the database and show whether they are the same.How do I do this in matlab? ------------------------------------------------------------- Depends on how similar you want to check for. You could simply subtract the two images, or you could also check for file date...

How to compare two TIFF images ???
Hi, I am totally clueless to comparing two TIFF images. I need to compare two TIFF images generated from two versions and then see teh difference. Kindly someone help. Thanks in advance, Abhi Try XOR the two images together. Result will show only the differences On Apr 4, 12:17 am, "dwaach" <xbhishek.xsth...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am totally clueless to comparing two TIFF images. I need to compare > two TIFF images generated from two versions and then see teh > difference. > > Kindly someone help. > Thanks in advance, > Abhi On 4 Apr, ...

how can i compare two image?
undefined fire wrote: > > > undefined just look at them? Seriously, you have to show some effort of your own. If you do that, people are much more willing to help. Jos ...

Comparing two Images #2
I have to compare two images of road taken at different time.Both the images have exactly same size,no rotation variation or other variation except the colour difference. I just weant to know whether the two images are exactly same or not i.e. is their any object present on road at the current image or not. Kindly help On Oct 28, 3:51=A0am, "Aman " <aman_haq...@Hotmail.com> wrote: > I have to compare two images of road taken at different time.Both the ima= ges =A0have exactly same size,no rotation variation or other variation exce= pt the colour difference. > I just we...

comparing two images #3
We are looking for an image processing algorithm (or multiple algs) to compare two images. We are generating image1 using several coherent noise functions. Our goal is to match image1 with a black and white photo image2 to calculate a single number representing how good the match is. Image2 might be of a photo of a gravel road, grass, roads, trees, dirt, snow, etc. The noise image1 will not be an exact match to image2 but it should be close enough to come up with a score. Some candidate algorithms are comparing histogram equalization and pixel/pixel comparing but these algorithms are not g...

comparing two images #4
Hey i am a new user of Mat lab. I am trying to compare two images. One will be the reference image and the other image has to be compared with the reference image to find the defects in the color.Can anybody tell me how to do it in Mat lab? Thanks ...