Compute SVD of a Matrix Without use loop (For ... End ) in matlab

HI ALL.
i must compute svd of matrix a=64 x 8357 that each column of a related
to one block of image.
for compute svd of each column, i need all svd's of each column , then
i must use reshape(a(:,1) , [8,8]) and then, compute svd of this
result.
i can not use loop , because so time consuming.

Does Anybody Know how can  use reshape with change numbers (that
number of numbers equal to columns) and without use loop, compute all
columns reshape?

Thanks.

Mansour Hashemi <mansur.hashemi@gmail.com> wrote in message <2f545a93-2b97-4260-8b90-ffc1e29de7f7@p13g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>...
> HI ALL.
> i must compute svd of matrix a=64 x 8357 that each column of a related
> to one block of image.
> for compute svd of each column, i need all svd's of each column , then
> i must use reshape(a(:,1) , [8,8]) and then, compute svd of this
> result.
> i can not use loop , because so time consuming.
>
> Does Anybody Know how can  use reshape with change numbers (that
> number of numbers equal to columns) and without use loop, compute all
> columns reshape?
====================

You could just do this

A=reshape(a,8,8,8357);

for i=1:8357
  svd(A(:,:,i))
end

However, you can't avoid doing the SVD with a for-loop and I find it hard to believe that doing a reshape() in this same loop will dominate the computation time.
0
mattjacREMOVE (3196)

What code does matlab use for Matrix multiplication? Does it use Strassen?
I am getting unexpectedly fast results using matlab's matrix multiplication and I am wondering if it is doing something besides straight multiplication, such as using strassen's algorithm. I am benchmarking the matrix multiply at over 30 GigaFlops on my cpu, however, I am running only one thread (using -singleCompThread at startup), and my computer is 2.25 Ghz. Since I am doing single precision, SSE instructions allow 4 multiplies or adds per instruction, this allows 9 Gigaflops. Most computers can execute multiple instructions at once, however I know from my own tests, and consulting the intel manual: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/manual/64-ia-32-architectures-optimization-manual.pdf (table C-10 and C-10A) that my computer can do at most 2 floating point operations in one cycle. This puts the theoretical maximum bound at 18Gigaflops, yet MATLAB seems to give much higher performance. How can this be? Below is my code that I tested with sz=2.^(0:12) for s=1:numel(sz) A=rand(sz(s),sz(s),'single'); tic; A'*A; t=toc; fprintf('sz=%d, time=%3.3gms, GFlops=%3.3g\n', sz(s), t*1000, 2*size(A,1)^3/1e9/t) end OUTPUT sz=1, time=0.0457ms, GFlops=4.37e-005 sz=2, time=0.0199ms, GFlops=0.000803 sz=4, time=0.00634ms, GFlops=0.0202 sz=8, time=0.0086ms, GFlops=0.119 sz=16, time=0.0086ms, GFlops=0.952 sz=32, time=0.029ms, GFlops=2.26 sz=64, time=0.0503ms, GFlops=10.4 sz=128, time=0.268ms, GFlops=15.7 sz=25...

image denoising in matlab using svd
please give me suggestions on this 'image denoising using svd in matlab'..... thank u.. "srinivas M" <srinivasams143@gmail.com> wrote in message <jl3tkr$hm7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > please give me suggestions on this 'image denoising using svd in matlab'..... > thank u.. Well, the basic idea is to use svd. It is really quite simple, and surely the paper you have describes the method. I assume you have read the paper, and are not just asking us to do that for you too? "John D'Errico" <woodchips@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message <jl3vf7$nbn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > "srinivas M" <srinivasams143@gmail.com> wrote in message <jl3tkr$hm7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > > please give me suggestions on this 'image denoising using svd in matlab'..... > > thank u.. > > Well, the basic idea is to use svd. It is really quite simple, > and surely the paper you have describes the method. I > assume you have read the paper, and are not just asking > us to do that for you too? No sir I actually tried for that adding zero mean AWGN to the original image.Then I wont get it ....so kindly give proper explanation on 'how to use svd to denoide an image' with MATLAB m files. ...

end point detection using matlab
hi Can u plz help me to write a program to mark the start and end point of QRS complex (in ECG signal). i already find the location of QRS peak. but i need duration of QRS complex. for that purpose first i have to mark the onset and offset of QRS by using matlab... ...

compute the value of a without using loop
Morning all, i would like to compute the values of a given matrix, the values of the matrix in the diagonal will be set at 1 (easily set), and the others will be different ( i did it with a loop condition), but i want to compute it without using loop (how??) so am looking for some information about single index linear addressing. that i can use to do so . any documentation is welcome. thx "williams " <hypnotizefr@yahoo.fr> wrote in message <jkjp6k$g20$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Morning all, > i would like to compute the values of a given matrix, the values of the matrix in the diagonal will be set at 1 (easily set), and the others will be different ( i did it with a loop condition), but i want to compute it without using loop (how??) > so am looking for some information about single index linear addressing. that i can use to do so . > any documentation is welcome. > thx =========just got it done i was looking far what was just here ;-) ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorpor...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

How to create PET sinogram matrix using matlab?
Hi all I'm trying to create detector pair matrix using matlab for positron emission tomography. I have 48 blocks of scintillation detector (ring shape). What I need to do now is to find pair of detector from 0 to 2pi. It is something like this -->> link http://books.google.com.my/books?id=4goAqb823MEC&pg=PA147&lpg=PA147&dq=how+to+create+detector+pair+sinogram+table&source=bl&ots=_Rg6gCEOqg&sig=INVncps7PkXz3grjvQir1lRGBkM&hl=en&ei=NnWBTvHoEYK4rAeUjI32DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=true My problem is, i don't know how to pair the two detector in matlab? Anybody have done this? "maria " <marianie.musarudin@gmail.com> wrote in message <j5s4gt$bhm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi all > I'm trying to create detector pair matrix using matlab for positron emission tomography. I have 48 blocks of scintillation detector (ring shape). What I need to do now is to find pair of detector from 0 to 2pi. It is something like this -->> link ================ Using RADON in the image processing toolbox will allow you simulate arc corrected PET data for one ring. It uses a rather crude forward projection algorithm, though, and doesn't allow you to do oblique fully 3D projections. Your best bet is to look for 3rd party libraries like http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~fessler/code/index.html ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

matlab use
suggest me the online tutorial of MATLAB . On 2/27/2012 2:06 AM, azim kumar wrote: > suggest me the online tutorial of MATLAB . Best way to learn any language is to solve a simple problem you are familiar with. This way you know what the answer should be, and it is a matter of coding it to obtain the answer, and you'd have a goal to work for. Matlab itself has many on-line tutorials. Help->Online tutorials. --Nasser ...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

matlab loop - warning and assert
Hi In a loop, where x=A\b is solved, how to I generate a keyboard if warning: "Matrix is singular to working precision." appears? Any combination of matlab commands warning and assert, maybe? like: testWarn = 'Matrix is singular to working precision'; try x=A\b; assert( strcmpi(lastwarn,testWarn) ); catch disp(lastwarn); keyboard end Is this a good/recommended way to do it? someone <newsboost@gmail.com> wrote in message <jsd2sn$6r8$1@dont-email.me>... > Hi > > In a loop, where x=A\b is solved, how to I generate a keyboard if > warning: "Matrix is singular to working precision." appears? > =============== You probably would be best off using DBSTOP IF WARNING On 06/26/2012 09:49 PM, Matt J wrote: > someone <newsboost@gmail.com> wrote in message > <jsd2sn$6r8$1@dont-email.me>... >> Hi >> >> In a loop, where x=A\b is solved, how to I generate a keyboard if >> warning: "Matrix is singular to working precision." appears? >> > =============== > > You probably would be best off using DBSTOP IF WARNING Ah, I knew it! Now I remember having used this one a long time ago - thanks... ...

how to get branch point/graph from skeleton without using MATLAB functions
I have skeleton which is a binary image. Now i want a graph out of that skeleton. So I want to know the theory behind that. How to calculate the graph or branch point without MATLAB function. Regards, On Jun 3, 6:05=A0am, "mat001 " <priya.biom...@yahoo.co.in> wrote: > I have skeleton which is a binary image. Now i want a graph out of that s= keleton. > So I want to know the theory behind that. > How to calculate the graph or branch point without MATLAB function. > > Regards, ------------------------------------------------ What is the reason you don't want to use bwmorph() to locate the intersection (node) points? ImageAnalyst <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message <57075904-db74-4192-b6de-1bc95ce6cfe4@j23g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>... > On Jun 3, 6:05 am, "mat001 " <priya.biom...@yahoo.co.in> wrote: > > I have skeleton which is a binary image. Now i want a graph out of that skeleton. > > So I want to know the theory behind that. > > How to calculate the graph or branch point without MATLAB function. > > > > Regards, > > ------------------------------------------------ > What is the reason you don't want to use bwmorph() to locate the > intersection (node) points? Just to have more clear view, so that later on I can Implement in c++ for large input data . To find intersection points is fairly obvious. Just scan with a window looking for a patt...

Problem of SOS matrix to Transfer Function in IIR Filter Design using Matlab
Hi, everyone, I have to design a IIR filter using FDATOOL in Matlab. And I expert it to workspace as SOS Matrix(SOS) and Scale Values(G). Then I use function [b,a] = sos2tf(SOS,G) to acquire the Transfer Function. However, it always report error: >> [b,a]=sos2tf(SOS,G) ??? Error using ==> times Matrix dimensions must agree. Error in ==> sos2tf at 52 b = b.*g; I don't know how to handle this problem, someone help me please. Thanks a lot! P.S. I just want to implement an IIF filter using C program language. So I want to acquire the Transfer Function and then the difference equation. And besides, if there is another way, please tell me. Thanks. On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 01:58:41 -0000, X.Y. <Xieyu1219@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, everyone, I have to design a IIR filter using FDATOOL in Matlab. > And I expert it to workspace as SOS Matrix(SOS) and Scale Values(G). > Then I use function [b,a] =3D sos2tf(SOS,G) to acquire the Transfer > Function. However, it always report error: >>> [b,a]=3Dsos2tf(SOS,G) > ??? Error using =3D=3D> times > Matrix dimensions must agree. > > Error in =3D=3D> sos2tf at 52 > b =3D b.*g; > G must be a scalar value. -- = Oli "Oli Charlesworth =D0=B4=B5=C0=A3=BA " > On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 01:58:41 -0000, X.Y. <Xieyu1219@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi, everyone, I have to design a IIR filter using FDATOOL in Matlab. > > And I expert it to workspace as SOS Matrix(S...

using MWArray.dll in csharp without installing MCR or Matlab 2010 a on the machine
hi all i used Matlab builder NE to build a dll for my matlab file,and i want to use this dll on another machine in which not matlab installed on this machine, i got an error for this trial "Error 2 Metadata file 'f:\26-6-2011\MWArray.dll' could not be opened -- 'Error importing module 'ManagedCPPAPI.netmodule' of assembly 'f:\26-6-2011\MWArray.dll' -- The system cannot find the file specified. ' Test_Matlab" please any one can help me ...

Save JPEG images in SQL as binary BLOB data from MATLAB without using DATABASE toolbox

Why do I receive an error when executing a standalone application that loads a sym matrix object and is built using the MATLAB (R2010b)
I am compiling MATLAB code which loads a symbolic matrix object from a MAT file. I have compiled the code which loads a sym matrix and got 'Warning: Variable 'matrice' originally saved as a dsym cannot be instantiated and will be read in as a uint32. ' or if I try to write inside the code the original matrix I received : 'Undefined function or method 'syms' for input arguments of type 'char'.' "Massimo " <max_dom2005@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:j5ancr$are$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > I am compiling MATLAB code which loads a symbolic matrix object from a MAT > file. Symbolic Math Toolbox is not supported for use with MATLAB Compiler. This includes loading symbolic objects created with Symbolic Math Toolbox functions from a MAT-file. http://www.mathworks.com/products/ineligible_programs/ -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

embedded matlab function MATLAB R2009a
I downloaded the MS visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and the SDK as detailed in http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/?solution=1-6IJJ3L My embedded function didnt work at the beginning because I did "mex -setup" before I installed my SDK. But after I installed the SDK, I ran "mex -setup" in Matlab once again and choose the MS visual C++2008 as my compiler. Then, my embedded matlab function worked. Thanks to the contribution from above! ...

Maximum recursion limit of 500 reached. Use set(0,'RecursionLimit',N) to change the limit. Be aware that exceeding your available stack space can crash MATLAB and/or your computer."
This is the code img = imread('eye.bmp'); imshow(img); I=im2bw(img); imgBW = edge(I); rad = 24; [y0detect,x0detect,Accumulator] = houghcircle(imgBW,rad,rad*pi); figure; imshow(imgBW); hold on; plot(x0detect(:),y0detect(:),'x','LineWidth',2,'Color','yellow'); figure; imagesc(Accumulator); I keep getting the error. please help me "Jamuna " <jamunajayashri@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jf8p2e$m5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > This is the code > img = imread('eye.bmp'); > imshow(img); > I=im2bw(img); > imgBW = edge(I); > rad = 24; > [y0detect,x0detect,Accumulator] = houghcircle(imgBW,rad,rad*pi); > figure; > imshow(imgBW); > hold on; > plot(x0detect(:),y0detect(:),'x','LineWidth',2,'Color','yellow'); > figure; > imagesc(Accumulator); > I keep getting the error. > please help me Try executing the code one line at a time until you receive the error. On the line that caused the error, use the WHICH function to determine what version of the function is being called. Check that function file and ensure that if the function is calling itself recursively that there is a way for the recursion to end. For example: function y = myfactorial(n) % incorrect if n < 2 %...

Environmental Modeling Using MatLab and Econometric Analysis Using Stata
This three month long course introduces the use of MatLab for Environmental Modeling and leads to develop advanced level comprehensive skills in both Environmental Modeling and use of MatLab. The course also introduces the basic and advanced Econometric Modeling in the area of Environmental Economics and using Stata. The course is aimed towards Environmental Economists, Environmental Practioners, Students and faculty to develop hands on Environmental Modeling, MatLab, Econometrics and Stata. There is dire need for such course in the realm of today=92s fast moving Technological era and development of new models and theories to understand, apply and extend. This course helps in these dimensions. The course starts on May 20, 2012. Live class and interactive discussion 5 Days a Week, 2 Hours A Day Lectures Last Date to Register: April 30, 2012 Main topics to be covered are: 1. Fundamentals of Modeling, Principles and MATLAB 2. Transport Solutions 3. Transport with Decay and Degradation 4. Transport and Kinetics 5. Transport and Equilibrium Reactions 6. Ordinary Differential Equations =96 Dynamical Systems 7. Parameter Estimation 8. Flow Modeling 9. Groundwater Drawdown by Pumping 10. Aquifer Base flow and 2D Meshing 11. Potential and Flow Visualization 12. Stream function and Complex Potential 13. 2D and 3D Transport Solutions (Gaussian Puffs and Plumes) 14. Image Processing and Geo-referencing 15. Compartment Graphs and Linear Systems 16. Non...

using MODIS images to map ocean color using m_map in Matlab
I am trying to use image codes from http://oceandata.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/MODISA/Mapped/Monthly/4km/chlor/ in ordor to create a figure of the DE, NJ, MA, and MA coastlines. I need to plot this data into a matlab image that had the high resolution data from m_map. Can anyone help me with the code? ...

why so many people use Matlab and much fewer people use Mathematica?
I tested the speed of Matlab 6.5 and Mathematica 8.0, Matlab used 4500 seconds to execute the program and mathematica used 6000 seconds, it seems the difference between Matlab and mathematica is not big, why so many people use Matlab and much fewer people use Mathematica? On 2/20/2012 6:09 AM, Liwen Zhang wrote: > I tested the speed of Matlab 6.5 and Mathematica 8.0, Matlab used 4500 > seconds to execute the program and mathematica used 6000 seconds, it > seems the difference between Matlab and mathematica is not big, why so > many people use Matlab and much fewer people use Mathematica? As was noted in the thread in comp.lang.fortran where you posted the "test", it was a terribly poorly chosen benchmark code--w/ optimization, Fortran was able to completely optimize away the constant, unused expression and the proposed Mablab comparison would _not_ be the way in which Matlab code would be written, either. The answer to the questions you're posing are probably "49". -- On 2/20/2012 8:14 AM, dpb wrote: > > As was noted in the thread in comp.lang.fortran where you posted the > "test", it was a terribly poorly chosen benchmark code--w/ optimization, > Fortran was able to completely optimize away the constant, unused > expression and the proposed Mablab comparison would _not_ be the way in > which Matlab code would be written, either. > In general, comparing run-time speed of programs written in inte...

Web resources about - Compute SVD of a Matrix Without use loop (For ... End ) in matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud ( EC2 ) is a central part of Amazon.com 's cloud computing platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS). EC2 allows users ...

How Much Progress Has The Open Compute Project Made On Networking Hardware?
Frank Frankovsky , vice president of hardware design and supply chain operations at Facebook and chairman and president of the Open Compute Project ...

Inside the Open Compute Project Server - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Inside the Open Compute Project Server geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

Facebook roundup: Bing social search, PMD policies, Open Compute Summit, more
... Facebook announces innovations in hardware design – Facebook revealed a number of advances in data center hardware design at its Open Compute ...

Search Twitter - http://www.biztechmagazine.com/article/2015/06/review-intel-compute-stick-puts-pc-your-pocket ...
... are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Promethean Software @ PROMETHEANssi 19h Review: The Intel Compute ...

Baseball Record Compute on the App Store on iTunes
Get Baseball Record Compute on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Cluttered Chaos-Calculator computes 6+6 - YouTube
This Super Mario Maker level lets you select two numbers between 0 and 7 (by letting you choose your way up) and then computes and displays their ...

Danger does not compute in cyber war
The number of serious cyber attacks investigated by Canberra's defence spy agency doubled last year, new figures show, as security experts warn ...

Something didn't compute
CHARLES was clearly keen to impress upon me that he was the real deal, and not some flaky pervert; he even provided his personal email address ...

Xbox Live Compute: The Difference Engine
Why Microsoft's new Xbox One cloud initiative could change consoles forever