Confidence intervals for glmfit-output betas?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi All-

Functions like regress provide the user with confidence intervals for the possible values of the output betas:

[B,BINT] = REGRESS(Y,X) returns a matrix BINT of 95% confidence
    intervals for B.

Is there an equivalent of this for glmfit? This is particularly relevant for null results; i.e., if the beta is close to zero, and the confidence interval includes zero and is narrow, that provides greater support for not rejecting the null hypothesis.

Is there a way to get glmfit to output the (1-alpha)th confidence intervals for each beta value that is output? Or is there a way to transform its output into those intervals?

Thanks!
0
Reply ndufour (5) 12/24/2011 9:52:08 PM

See related articles to this posting

The third output from glmfit is a structure.

The structure contains a field named "se" which contained the standard error for the regression coefficients.
0
Reply richard.willey (2) 12/26/2011 11:49:10 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Confidence Intervals
Hello all, Does anybody have any experience in calculating confidence intervals (CIs) on the output of the neural network? I'm stuck in one part of it and desperately looking for help. A reference would be: Confidence Interval Prediction for Neural Network Models, George Chryssoloiuris, Moshin Lee, and Alvin Ramsey,IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NEURAL NETWORKS, VOL. I, NO. 1, JANUARY 1996 229 This paper describes the calculation of the CIs using least squares estimation. I'm stuck in the calculation of the Jacobian matrix, partial derivative matrix of the output w.r.t. the weights. Any help...

Confidence Interval
Is it possible to calculate 2-sided exact 95% confidence intervalse based on the Blyth-Still-Casella method in SAS? Thanks ...

confidence intervals
I have a matrix A with random values as elements. How can I calculate the mean m, standard deviation s and the confidence intervals s+m and s-m?.I have no other information about the kind of didtribution nk=rand(1000,1); A=-log(nk); Sn=sum(A); p=A/Sn; b=0; for i=1:100 for N=100:100:1000 b=b+(i/N)*(b(i)/Sn); %just sth I want to calculate end end And then, how can I plot s,m+s,m-s in the same graph with b in the y-axis and N in the x-axes?? I'm really stuck! Any help would be appreciated... "Konst " <konstance1@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

confidence intervals
Can I build a query expression to calculate confidence intervals on a set of data? Excel has this function built-in, but I think Access does not. thanks in advance John ...

confidence interval
can any one tell me if there is any command in matlab to find the confidence interval of a data set. regards hrushi hrushi wrote: > can any one tell me if there is any command in matlab to find the > confidence interval of a data set. How do you define "confidence interval of a data set" ? Hope this helps. Greg please elaborate. regards hrushi ...

glmfit output
Thanks to anyone who tries to help! I am using glmfit to get the coefficients and stats for a generalized linear model with a one-column response variable (y) and a 3-column predictor variable (x). In other words, [B,D,STATS] = glmfit(x,y,'normal'); My question is: Which variable in the STATS struct can be used to understand the proportion of variability in y that is accounted for by each of the three columns of x, and whether they are significant. If the answer can be found in STATS.coeffcorr, what are the rows and columns of this array (in my case a 4x4). I tried exploring this ...

Matlab Confidence Intervals
I have non-normal data. How do I go about calculating the 60% confidence interval about the mean? I assume just summing up the area under the curve and outputing the values at 0.2 and 0.8 would be around the median, but what about the mean? I should add that it's really a non-normal probability distribution and not data. ...

confidence interval periodogram
Hi! I would like to know how to compute the confidence interval for a power spectrum computed with the periodogram method and to plot it in the graph. Thank you. ...

GRNN and Confidence Interval
Has anyone stumbled on this subject? I'm reading a thesis where the author has modified GRNN so that it gives the confidence interval for the output, but I really don't understand the equation that the author has given (there isn't any description for it). An article that contains the formula can be read from following address icsl.marc.gatech.edu/papers/ISSV-2003.pdf If someone understands how the confidence interval is calculated in GRNN, I would be grateful if he could clarify the subject. Best Regards, - Sami Sami Lakka wrote: > Has anyone stumbled on this subject?...

Computing confidence intervals
Hi all. I have this application where I have several minutes of acoustic recordings at a few tens of kHz sampling frequency. I need to compute power spectra from these data with confidence intervals. I use a one-pass variance estimator (pseudo code): %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% X1=3D 0; % Nfft x 1 data vectors X2=3D 0; for k=3D1:K Xk=3Dabs(fft(xk)); % Magnitude spectrum of k'th data frame X1=3DX1+xk; % Accumulate magnitude spectra X2=3DX2+xk.^2; % Accumulate power spectra end Xmean =3D X1/K; % Compute the mean magnitude...

confidence interval for proportions
i have a sample of of 100 subjects, of them, 2 are over 50 years old. Now i want to construct a 95% confidence interval for the mean of number of subjects age>50 for the whole population. how can i do this in sas? also,how do i do one-sided C.I. in sas? one last quesiton, how do i use sas to construct C.I. for the differences of two means of two different population (each with a different sample size ) Thanks a lot!! ...

confidence interval #7
hi friends, I need some quick help.I am a sas programmer from IT background.I was asked be a pharmaco kinetist in our company to find the confidence intervals and ratio of least squares mean on Cmx,Tmax,AUC and t1/2- male vs female and weightas covariate.Can anybody pl help me How can I do this. your hep is really appreciated. ...

Confidence intervals in rstool
I am using rstool Quadratic Response Surface Models (Stasistics Toolbox) and I would like to know if 95% Confidence Interval (CI) for predicted value is equal to CI = +- 2*s / sqrt(n) where s is standard deviation, and n is number of measurements. I would also like to know if the definition of CI used in rstool is written somewhere in the manuals. Henri Seppanen wrote: > I am using rstool Quadratic Response Surface Models (Stasistics > Toolbox) and I would like to know if 95% Confidence Interval (CI) for > predicted value is equal to > > CI = +- 2*s / sqrt(n) > > wher...

Confidence Interval #2
I have written a MATLAB program to line a linear line of best fit. I know need to produce error bars for every x meters that indicates the confidence interval. What would be the best method? Peter wrote: > > > I have written a MATLAB program to line a linear line of best fit. > I > know need to produce error bars for every x meters that indicates > the > confidence interval. What would be the best method? if you don't want to use your own program you could use the second output of <polyfit> if you want to use your own program, take a look at <bootstrp> a...

confidence intervals regress
Hi there, Suppose I have the simple linear model y=b0+b1*x1+b2*x2+e. I want to estimate b0,b1,b2 and calculate a confidence interval for them. Then I want to see how many times the CI contains the true parameter. If I was making everything right, for 1000 repetitions, that should be approximately 950 times. But I am getting 1000 times as a result. What wrong with my code? And another question. The formula used for estimating 95% CI in the regress function is b0_hat-Za*SE(b0_hat) where Za=1.96 right? But nor this formula, nor the more precise Za=1.95996398454002 seems to agree exactl...

Asymptotic confidence interval
How do i compute a 90 % asymptotic confidence interval for t, where binomial distribution is (n C t)*(L^t)*(1-L)^(n - t). Many Thanks "Georgina " <georgina.cocker08@imperial.ac.uk> wrote in message <hl1nnt$khm$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > How do i compute a 90 % asymptotic confidence interval for t, where > binomial distribution is (n C t)*(L^t)*(1-L)^(n - t). > > Many Thanks 1) looks like homework 2) asymptotic means "for large n"? ...

confidence interval #4
Hi, I am a bit clue less on how to put a 95% Confidence interval on some coherence estimate I have done. Any help is GREATLY appreciated Thanks A Atreyee Bhattacharya wrote: > Hi, I am a bit clue less on how to put a 95% Confidence interval on > some coherence estimate I have done. ... Bendat & Piersoll, Engineering Applications of Correlation and Spectral Analysis, Wiley -- ...

rloess confidence interval
Hello. I am using smooth.m with the 'rloess' -option. As far as I can tell there is no way I can get hands on the confidence interval? Does anybody have a suggestion / function / alternative approach to fitting / smoothing with a rloess and actually getting the confidence interval ? Thanks, Jonas. ...

Bootstrap confidence interval
Hi, "bootci" from statistics toolbox can find the confidence interval for a parameter. I have an older version of statistics toolbox, which do not have this command. Is there any other way to find the confidence interval. Thanks in advance, Raj raj wrote: > > > Hi, > > "bootci" from statistics toolbox can find the confidence interval > for > a parameter. > > I have an older version of statistics toolbox, which do not have > this > command. Is there any other way to find the confidence interval. > > Thanks in advance, > Raj I ...

Empirical Confidence Interval
Hi, Does anyone know how to obtain an empirical confidence interval? Michael ...

Confidence Interval #5
Hello everyone, I have to calculate the Confidence Interval and i m not sure what am i doing wrong coz when i put it in PROC MEANS i get nothing. I have to compute the CI for just a number. This number is a the percentage of people who took the test out of all the students. So say i have perc=took_test/all*100; Now i have to calculate its Confidence interval. I was doing proc means data=calc CLM alpha=0.05; var perc; output out=cintv; run; But this doesn't give me the CI. Can someone plz help me out. Thanks in advance. SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Anonymous , Try the following: proc means ...

confidence intervals for percentages?
I have a big sample dataset that includes a raked weight variable for the whole file. I am using PROC FREQ with a WEIGHT statement, and this gives me weighted percentages. How do I calculate 95% confidence intervals around these estimates? Sarah Carroll, PhD Research Coordinator DHS - Immunization Branch, MS 7313 2151 Berkeley Way, Room 723E, Berkeley CA 94704 tel: 510.540.2484 fax: 510.883.6015 email: scarroll@dhs.ca.gov Sarah, Look at the 'Exact. statement for proc freq. Toby Dunn From: "Carroll, Sarah (DHS-DCDC-IMM)" <SCarroll@DHS.CA.GOV> Reply-To: &qu...

confidence interval #2
Hi, Dear All: Is there a SAS procedure that can calculate the confidence interval of a percentage? Thanks Jianying On 3 Sep 03 17:14:56 GMT, Jianying.Zhang@UMASSMED.EDU (Zhang, Jianying) wrote: >Is there a SAS procedure that can calculate the confidence interval of a >percentage? proc freq with the /bin option in the tables statement. JW Not to my knowledge. However, it is a really simple function of the percentage p and complement (1-p), along with n. You can write a simple macro %macro _cip(_p=,_lev); q=1-&_p; zval=probit(1-&_lev/2); cihigh=&_p+sqrt(&_p*q/n)...

confidence interval #3
Dear all, I have a program as the following, it will generate the chi-square and p.chisq of (b1 + b2), How can I also get confident interval of (b1 + b2)? Thanks very much. proc genmod data=test; model y = x1 x2 /link=log dist=gamma scale=p; output out=exp p=yhat; contrast "b1 + b2=0" b1 1 b2 1 /wald; --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard If you want a confidence interval for b1+b2, then use an ESTIMATE statement instead of a CONTRAST statement. The syntax of the ...