Confidence intervals for glmfit-output betas?

Hi All-

Functions like regress provide the user with confidence intervals for the possible values of the output betas:

[B,BINT] = REGRESS(Y,X) returns a matrix BINT of 95% confidence
    intervals for B.

Is there an equivalent of this for glmfit? This is particularly relevant for null results; i.e., if the beta is close to zero, and the confidence interval includes zero and is narrow, that provides greater support for not rejecting the null hypothesis.

Is there a way to get glmfit to output the (1-alpha)th confidence intervals for each beta value that is output? Or is there a way to transform its output into those intervals?

Thanks!
0
ndufour (5)
12/24/2011 9:52:08 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206950 articles. 560 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

The third output from glmfit is a structure.

The structure contains a field named "se" which contained the standard error for the regression coefficients.

Problem in outputting PNG image
Hi, I try to export a PNG file of the content of my NSImageView and get an error I do not understand... talking about NSCFString. Thank you for any help, Loic ---------------------------------------------------------------- Here is the code: -------------- - (IBAction)exportDocument: (id)sender { int runResult; NSSavePanel *theSavePanel; NSData *theData; NSBitmapImageRep *theBitmap = [NSBitmapImageRep alloc]; theSavePanel = [NSSavePanel savePanel]; [theSavePanel setAccessoryView: exportAccessoryView]; [theSavePanel setTitle:@"Ex...

Re: How to override the default style for HTML output
Jim Play with this program proc template; define style myreport; parent=styles.default; replace table / font_size = 10pt background=white outputwidth=15% ; replace header / font_face = 'courier' font_size = 9pt background = lightblue vjust = middle ; end; run; ods pdf file="d:\temp\test.pdf" style=myreport; ods html file="d:\test.html" style=myreport ; proc print data=sashelp.class;run; ods html close; ods pdf close; You see that the % are working i don't know why there...

redirecting printer output to file PDF
I filled out an online PDF form with text in the fields as it allowed this. Before hitting the :send" button I tried to save a copy only to get the message that it was not allowed. The form *did*, however, allow me to print it before leaving if I wished. Is there a way I could have invoked the program from the command line so as to redirect the printer output to a file? I have seen stderr redirection examples (stdin, stdout, stderr), but if there is no standard printer file such as stdprn I guess I might be out of luck. Any ideas? Pureheart On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 21:34...

Confidence Interval #8
Hi I have a sample of 350 companies. When we run a simple OLS we get t and p values of the intercept and beta coefficients. Is there any way, I can get output showing which company’s intercept coefficient is significant at 90%, 95%, and 99% confidence intervals. Thanks P.S. My model is: Proc reg data=test; model y = X1 X2 X3 X4; run; ...

command output
There is no output from this: `/usr/bin/ls -l "$backupDir/$backupName"`; This shows correct values: print "/usr/bin/ls -l $backupDir/$backupName"; jammer wrote: > There is no output from this: > `/usr/bin/ls -l "$backupDir/$backupName"`; > > This shows correct values: > print "/usr/bin/ls -l $backupDir/$backupName"; Correct values??? It prints: /usr/bin/ls -l / It sounds like you answered your own question though, whatever that question was. Possibly this is what you&#...

Public Beta
Spent some time getting up the learning curve with iWeb. Here's the "v0.9.1" rollout: http://www.photo-hh.com Not too much content yet; mostly just what was easy to use when learning the tool. -hh On 2008-01-09 04:11:31 -0800, -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com> said: > > Spent some time getting up the learning curve with iWeb. Here's the > "v0.9.1" rollout: > > > http://www.photo-hh.com > > Not too much content yet; mostly just what was easy to use when > learning the tool. > > > -hh Pretty cool. I have...

[ANN] Docking Windows Library .Net beta test
Hi, our company just released a new docking windows library and we are looking for people that would like to help us through the beta test process. If you would like to help please go to: http://www.olvio.com/products/plusdock/ We would really appreciate your help and any feedback is welcome, Thank you very much for your attention, Sincerely, Iulian Ionescu Olvio IT, Inc. ...

output window
Dear all, How to delete previous output window results automatically when running output of the present program. regards parag ...

Gary Grigsby's American Civil War
Hi, As it says in the subject - check it out here : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/m.asp?m=1368105 Greetz, Eddy Sterckx ...

Although I unenable output, it still outputs 2.5 volt...
Hi, I am developing a data transmission circuit using the Cypress EZ-USB development kit. I have a question about setting register. When I unenable a certain pin, for example, CLKOUT pin, it have to be 0 Voltage, I think. But although the CLKOUT pin become to be float, it still outputs 2.5 Volt. Is it correct? Or, because of wrong firmware I made, it become to 2.5 Volt, not to 0 Volt? I am a beginner, so I have to study hard about USB. But if you help me, it is very helpful for me. Please teach me. Thank you for any help. Bye!! ...

Boundary Value Problem (Pt. I Output equals mesh
Hi, Everyone, Thanks for your previous help. Again I need some help. 1) In dealing with a BVP I used the command "output=mesh" to get an answer. How do I VIEW and USE this answer other than through the little box got by "double clicking on the R.H.S. of the answer and choosing browser?" How can I print the answer? Can I get, say an approximate expression for the soln. functions? 2) Now writing a "for loop" to vary a parameter 'c', say, I used "output=mesh" and used this output as input with "approxsoln" at each stage. At...

Feel Happy and Confident
http://fhurl.com/b15490 ...

Confidence intervall
Hello, I have a problem that I thought should be rather standard, but I am looking for quit some time for a good answer and I am still at it. As I know that this group is read by quite a few knowledgable people I give it at try. Background: -------------------------------------------------------------- A calibration curve y=f(x) is least square fitted to some calibration points ci=(xi,yi) where y is a random variable and x is known A sample is repeatedly measured: ysi, and xs is determind, so that Mean[ysi] = f[xs] A confidence interval is searched for xs, taking into account...

short question about bash output
hi group I write some scripts for bash on my macosx. I found it very handy to invoke bash with the -x option, so i can see what all the variables and arguments are and how these are passed. Since my project starts growing its realy hard to read trough all the output, so i want store these into a file. so lets try: ( just a easy script) master:~ spahan$ bash -xv test 12 25 > out.txt if [ $# -eq 2 ] then echo $2 fi + '[' 2 -eq 2 ']' + echo 25 and my out.txt is 25 thats nice, but not what i want ;) well,my simple question: is there a way I can get the shell output i...

color console output
Hello all Is it possible to tell print() or println() in System.out to print stuff out to the console in color? Please show me how. Thanks -Jay "mdx" <j8shen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:337Rf.382$fy1.66103@news20.bellglobal.com... > Hello all > > Is it possible to tell print() or println() in System.out to print stuff > out to the console in color? Please show me how. Thanks You can do that with ANSI escape sequences if your console supports that. Niels Dybdahl Niels Dybdahl wrote: > "mdx" <j8shen@gmail.com> wrote in message >...

Outputting the size of an array
I need the following code to return a string of character stored in array and also return the size of the array. I want to do it without using pointers and so far have the character storing working fine, it's just that I can't really think of a way to return the number of characters in the array. Anyone help me out? int inputPhrase() { char msg[characters], ch; int i = 0; int n = 5; while ((ch = getchar()) != '\n') { msg[i++] = ch; } msg[i] = '\0'; /* prevents garbage from being place at end of array output */ i = 0; while (msg[i] != ...

Re: Confidence interval for proportions in presence of correlated #3
peterflomconsulting@mindspring.com sagely replied: > >Joakim Englund <joakim.englund@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > >Hi, > > > >I have a dataset with the following four variables: > > > >- Company > >- Company_group (to which the Company belongs to) > >- Branch_of_trade (type of business) > >- Bankruptcy (binomial, 1=Company is in bankruptcy, 0=Company is not in > >bankruptcy) > > > >I now want to calculate a confidence interval for the proportion > > > >p = sum(Bankruptcy) / n > > > >where n is total nu...

Beta Builds for 9734 Now Available
Hi: We now have available individual builds for 9734 for the following Compilers: BCC 5.5.1, BCC 5.8.2, BCC 6.4, BCC 6.5, MinGW 4.7.1, Microsoft's Visual C/C++, Digital Mars, PellesC and, 32-bit Watcom. To examine and download these builds, please visit: www.whosaway.com (Password: 'XHB') A current fragment of the Changelog is shown below: -- Mel Smith ******************************************************* 2012-10-10 02:50 UTC+0700 Andi Jahja <xharbour/AT/telkom/net/id> * source/c...

Output to 2 files
I have got a backup script and want to output the error message of the actual backup to two files. Some thing like: `command` 2>> backup.log > dalybackup.log so backup.log is a log file that accumulates all the backup info and dalybackup.log is a log file of the last day. Thanx in advance Pieter In article <d5vgai$o3f$1@news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>, Pieter Mastenbroek <pieter@123.nl> wrote: >I have got a backup script and want to output the error message of the >actual backup to two files. > > > >Some thing like: > > > >`comma...

Brief version: How to join 2 awk commands into one, using the output of the first as the matching pattern of the second?
My result by executing the command directly in the shell: # awk 'NR==FNR {names[$1];next} $1 in names {print $2}' names records awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 # awk 'NR==FNR {names[$1];next} $1 in names' names records awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 # awk 'NR==FNR{names[$0];next} $1 in names' names records awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 # awk 'NR==FNR{names[$0];next}; $1 in names' names records awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 # awk 'NR==FNR{names[$0...

netstat -a on Win2K produces no output
Does anyone know which component or service in Win2K supplies the TCP/IP connection information to netstat? Another symptom is that I have an app that is making calls to GetTcpTable() in the Internet Helper API. This returns an error but no error code is available. The only way I have found to get TCP interrogation working again is to reboot the system, but any less drastic method would be appreciated. Jeremy ...

how to get confidence interval from Monte Carlo simulations?
Hi all, I have the following two schemes for obtaining 95% confidence interval from Monte Carlo simulations of f(x1, ..., xk) where x1, ..., xk are random numbers. Approach 1: Simulate N=10000 times, obtain f1, ..., f_N, obtain the sample mean of f1, ..., f_N to be mean_f, obtain the sample standard deviation of f1, ..., f_N to be std_f, and the 95% CI is [mean_f - 1.96 * std_f /sqrt(N), mean_f + 1.96 * std_f /sqrt(N)]. Approach 2: Repeat the following procedure M=1000 times: { Simulate N=10000 times, obtain f1, ..., f_N, obtain the sample mean of f1, ..., f_N to be mean_f } After...

Execute command line program and capture output
Some might find this useful. Lee /* test_shellexec.rex */ WshShell = .oleObject~new("WScript.Shell") oExec = WshShell~Exec("ping www.rexxla.org") do while oExec~Status = 0 call SysSleep(1) end strOutput = oExec~StdOut~ReadAll strError = oExec~StdErr~ReadAll say strOutput say '---' say strError In article <8gkkm114nr15jgjughg32521br2emg1uin@4ax.com>, lpeedinREMOVE@UPPERCASEnc.rr.com says... > Some might find this useful. > Lee > > /* test_shellexec.rex */ > WshShell = .oleObject~new("WScript.Shell") > oExec = WshShell~Exec...

How to sweep up minimal material in an output routine?
Ok, let's assume that we have some smart break-insertion-into-pieces routine we fire up in the output routine. So that it can do its job, we need to collect more than a page full of material. The insertions, as they are intended to be broken by magic, contain large unbreakable pieces. So the first pass of the output routine will leave us with an underfull vbox and too little material in many cases. We store away its results, and fire it up again with a \vsize of 0. This time, we get an overfull vbox. Here's the rub: if the additional material is a single line followed immediatel...

Interval boundaries in ppval
Hi, I need a function which interpolates data in a piecewise constant step function. I'm using the following code segment. It works fine except for the case where interpolation data coincides with the supporting x points in the interval end points. In this case the interpolated data falls in the wrong interval. Illustrating script: %%%% x = 0:10; y = rand(1,10); interp_x = 0:0.5:10; % x = x+5*eps; pp = mkpp(x,y, 1); interp_y = ppval(pp,interp_x); hold on for ii = 1:length(x)-1 line([x(ii) x(ii+1)],[y(ii) y(ii)]); end plot(interp_x,interp_y,'r+') hold off %%%% end Uncommentin...