connect MySQL Database (running on Windows XP) to Matlab 7 (R14)

hello

i have some problems to connect my mysql database to matlab. i tried
the code

connect = database('db_name', 'username', 'password')

but the connection didn't establishes. i have seen, there is a
version to connect jdbc instead of odbc but i have no clue about the
url and the other requiremented informations. (by the way, how can i
find them?).

can some one help me to connect my database to matlabe?

thank you very much....

georg
0
pristas (2)
4/7/2005 12:55:29 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Matlab 7.0 R14 problem in Windows 7 64-bit
Hi all, Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes down after 1 second or so. My processor is Phenom II X6 X1055T 2.8 GHz. Thx for Ur help if U know, Kaare "Kaare " <kaare.simonsen@hsbcib.com> wrote in message news:i1hemf$e77$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine > on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes > down after 1 second or so. My processor...

Matlab connection to a MySQL database
Hello, I have a database developed in MySQL, I need to make a connection from a program in Matlab echo with the database. The assistance provided by this code in Matlab but not understand that I must put in each space. conn = database ( 'datasourcename', 'username', 'password') conn = database ( 'databasename', 'username', 'password', 'driver', 'databaseURL') Someone can help me. Thanks Hola, tengo una base de datos elaborada en MySQL, yo necesito hacer una conexion desde un programa echo en Matlab con la base de datos. La ayuda de Matlab ofrece este codigo pero no entiendo que debo colocar en cada espacio. conn = database('datasourcename','username','password') conn = database('databasename','username','password','driver','databaseurl') Alguien puede ayudarme. Gracias Do you have database toolbox? If you have database toolbox you can use querybuilder to generate SQL questions simply by clicking in this gui. Have you made a database connection to your database [control panel -> administrative tools ODBC]? You can read about querybuilder at mathworks pages. "Claribel " <clary1105@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hhbklt$t4n$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, I have a database developed in MySQL, I need to make a connection from a program in Matlab echo with the database. > > The assista...

Run Matlab R2007a on windows 7
Hi, What do I have to do to get MATLAB R2007a help working on Windows7 Ultimate? I have installed MATLAB R2007a using classic theme on Windows7 Ultimate. MATLAB runs fine in this theme. However, when I run MATLAB help, MATLAB stops working... Does anyone knows how to fix this? I have tried instaling jre1.5_0.19, which allows MATLAB R2007a to work on any theme on Windows 7. However, the same problem occurs when launching the help, MATLAB again stops working... ...

Is there a way to run Matlab 7 mex dll under Matlab 2007a?
Hi all, Does Mathworks have back-ward compatibilities for mex dlls which were created in the earlier versions of Matlab? I have downloaded a trial copy of NAG Matlab Foundation toolbox. But it was created using earlier version of Matlab(they claim it was tested to be okay for Matlab 6 and 7. I guess the dlls were created using Matlab before 7.0.4. But I want to use it under my current Matlab 2007a. When running their dll, I got: ??? Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\toolbox\nag\nag \nagc.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. --------------- After googlin...

How to run MATLAB 7 on windows 8?
I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme. recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system. Kindly help me running it on windows 8. is there anyone else facing the same problem???? On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant wrote: > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme. > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the > system. > Kindly help me running it on windows 8. > is there anyone else facing the same problem???? When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft? "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme. > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system. > Kindly help me running it on windows 8. > is there anyone else facing the same problem???? I'm running Matlab R2012a(64-bit) on windows 8 pro (64bit). To install matlab, i moved the install-files to C:\matlab (run the install as admin/windows xp service pack 3).. the install and program works perfekt for me.. (: hope it helps.. (and I hope my english is not to bad ) "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme. > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab...

"if matlab version 7.1.0.246(R14) service pack 3 will work in windows 7, 32 bit"
As i am not able to open the subjected version in windows 7 32/64 bit even in compatibility mode. system is showing "start error desktop" with long list of files starting with "java" and ending with "source unknown. please give the solution. "manjit singh" <manjit2970@gmail.com> wrote in message news:i9s7o6$ltt$1@fred.mathworks.com... > As i am not able to open the subjected version in windows 7 32/64 bit even > in compatibility mode. system is showing "start error desktop" with long > list of files starting with "java&qu...

Problem to run MATLAB 7.0(R14)
I am running the MATLAB 7.0(R14) on: Acer INc. AcerSystem: Intel(R)Pentium(R)M, 2.00GHz, 1.99GHz, 1.00GB RAM Windows XP 2002 Initially MATLAB 7 was working well. But now, I tried to start MATLAB7 and it exit silently after displaying the splash screen. I have already verified that it is not due to an OpenGL incompatibility since I have tried to start MATLAB in -nojvm mode and the following warning message was displayed: "Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program:C:/MATLAB\bin\win32\MATLAB.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application�s support team for more information" I have also tried to unistall and install, but it does not work. ...

Calling matlab from java (windows), and running the java code not using the matlab JVM
Hello, I want to know if there is a way to call matlab from java (in windows), but not by calling the java code from matlab. I want to use a different JVM than the one matlab uses. In linux it is simple since I can use input/output redirection, is there a way to do this in windows (I have matlab 5.3, pretty old version). Thanks a lot, Nili. ...

matlab r14 and windows 7 with athlon x2 m300
hi there can anyone please help me. i am having issues concerning the installation of matlab r14 on my laptop which uses windows 7 and has an AMD Athlon x2 m300. the installation of matlab went very smoothly however, when i start the program is have a runtime error message. Can anyone please please please help me!?! Hi there, This worked for me: Right click on the matlab shortcut, click on troubleshoot. Click the second option, and then tick the compatibility option, click next. Highlight the Windows Vista option, click next. Click "start matlab using these settings." Return to the...

Problem for running Matlab R14 on Windows 2000 Prof
I have installed Matlab R14 on a Pentium IV 3.0G PC with Windows 2000(Japanese version). Matlab R13SP1 worked well on that PC. I can run the Matlab R14 by using "matlab -nojvm". With normal mode I can just see the logo of Matlab flash for less than one second and then disappear and nothing happens. The Matlab R14 works well on a PC with Windows XP Prof. I am wondering that if I should install newest verison of Java. But if the Matlab R14 needs a special version of Java, they should have mentioned in the manual. I am really confused. Calling local technical support is the last choic...

Problems for use MATLAB 7 or 6 in Windows XP
Hello everybody!!!, I hope you could help me, I installed Matlab 7 in Windows Xp, but in that moment when I tried to use the command window or edit some program, Matlab closed by itself. On the other hand, later I installed Matlab 6, I could use the command window or edit some program, but I could not run any program... Do you have any idea for solving my problem???, I�d appreciate your help. Thanks alot. ...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ You may have this problem because Matlab needs a Java virtual machine, and the one that is included could not be 100% compatible with Windows 7... you can download an update for the JVM and copy the exe file to the bin matlab folder.... "Khairizan " <commwarrior_87@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i5gu5k$807$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. > After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. > It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. > before I used vista and the installer work fine... > please help.. > or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? > thanks~ where can i find the java ritual machine that compatible with window 7?.. can you give me the download link?.. "Ruben Gaitan" <gaor81@gmail.com> wrote in message <i5h92h$spu$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > You may have this problem because Matlab needs a Java virtual machine, and the one that is included could not be 100% compatible with Windows 7... you can download an update for the JVM and copy the exe file to the bin matlab folder.... ...

Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional (using MATLAB R2007a or R2007b)
I am planning to purchase a Laptop computer and must decide whether to order it with Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional. (I now use R2007a in Debian Linux. I have the package for R2007b but haven&#8217;t installed it.) My questions are: Does MATLAB R2007a (and/or R2007b) work on Windows 7 Home Premium? If not, does it work under Windows 7 Professional? Under Windows 7 Professional, would I have to run Matlab in Windows XP mode? If both operating systems work, is there any advantage (in terms of Matlab performance) to Windows 7 Professional vs. Home Premium? Thank you. ...

Segmentation violation Matlab 7.0 R14 on XP Pro
Matlab 7.0.0 R14 automatically shuts down immediately after starting. This computer has Windows XP Pro SP1, Intel P4. What I tried so far after searching in this newsgroup: -updating the graphic driver; -switching off GLopen; -adjusting the system variables for BLAS-VERSION in mycomputer/properties/advanced; All without result. I found some postings with regard to QuickTime related problems, but this machine does not have QT installed. Below is a copy of the log file: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Segmentation violation detected at Sat Oct 29...

How to run Matlab 6.5 in Windows XP x64 Edition
Although I use Matlab 2009 in my Windows XP 64 bit machine, I need to run an old code in Matlab 6.5 in Windows XP 64bit. How can I run Matlab 6.5 in Windows XP 64 bit? Is there an easy way for that? ...

Anyone using Matlab r14 7.0 with Windows 2003 SP1
Hi all, Anyone using Matlab r14 7.0 with Windows 2003 SP1? Everything works fine, but when I install sp1 witn win2k3, matlab crashes... on uninstalling sp1, things are restored to normal working.. Any patches? ...

Does Matlab 7.1 work on Windows 7?
Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy. "Benjamin " <bpazolli@gmail.com> wrote in message <hc0vgd$p2r$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy. I've been able to get MATLAB 7.1 (32-bit) to run on Windows 7 (64-bit) by setting the compatibility mode to &q...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7 #2
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ On 10-08-30 01:46 PM, Khairizan wrote: > I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. > After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. > It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. > before I used vista and the installer work fi...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

Matlab R2006b compatability with Matlab R14?
I am trying to execute some code (a mixture of C++ and Matlab) that was delivered to me. The Matlab code was originally developed under Matlab R14. I have Matlab R2006b installed on my system. When I attempt to execute the program, I get the following message: I18N Runtime warning: Missing ICU data file detected while processing $(MATLAB)/bin/$(ARCH). Hint: Check for a misconfigured environment or installation. When I look in the referenced directory, there does appear to be an ICU related .dat file. Any ideas as to what could be causing this runtime warning? Thanks. ...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

matlab 7.10 installation on windows 7 x64
hi! all, i am having trouble installing matlab 7.10 on a windows 7 x64 machine. the installation completed 95% with est. 5 minutes to go, but the installation hung forever. there was no error message, the installation screen was just sitting there. i let it ran over night but didn't complete either. can somebody help! thanx in advance irina "Ed " <irinakuz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hns106$gr0$1@fred.mathworks.com... > hi! all, > > i am having trouble installing matlab 7.10 on a windows 7 x64 machine. > the installation comp...

Compatibility fo MATLAB 7.0 with WINDOWS 7
Anyone plz help me running MATLAB 7.0 in WINDOWS 7................ On 15 Sep, 10:40, "Vikram Vasudev" <cvvva...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone plz help me running MATLAB 7.0 in WINDOWS 7................ What is 'windows 7'? Rune "Rune Allnor" <allnor@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message news:ebcdf2b0-918e-4763-b6c2-b05a6e2b5ca3@31g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > On 15 Sep, 10:40, "Vikram Vasudev" <cvvva...@yahoo.com> wrote: >> Anyone plz help me running MATLAB 7.0 in WINDOWS 7................ > > What is 'windows 7'? ...

connecting database with matlab
Can anyone help me with this... how can i connect database with matlab... lik if i want to store 1000 images in a db and i want to connect it with matlab means.. wat shud i do.... "niranjana " <nb3003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ji5f8r$q2c$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Can anyone help me with this... how can i connect database with matlab... > lik if i want to store 1000 images in a db and i want to connect it with > matlab means.. wat shud i do.... http://www.mathworks.com/products/database/ -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Suppo...

Web resources about - connect MySQL Database (running on Windows XP) to Matlab 7 (R14) - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

TransGrid Switches Oracle Database Support to Rimini Street
TransGrid Switches Oracle Database Support to Rimini Street

Herbalife sinks on database error report
Herbalife said it had overstated growth in the number of "active new members" in some instances in the past three quarters due to database errors. ...