Continue Entering Statement - how to exit or quit

Let us assume that I entered this command:

m	= [’J’,’o’,’h’,’n’]

Immediately after it I am getting into the so called "Continue Entering Statement" mode.

How can I exit this mode and continue to enter correct commands, such as:
M =[12;34;56]

Thanks!
0
Sofia
7/26/2010 2:42:04 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207257 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <i2k6rs$951$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Let us assume that I entered this command:
>
> m	= [&#8217;J&#8217;,&#8217;o&#8217;,&#8217;h&#8217;,&#8217;n&#8217;]
>
> Immediately after it I am getting into the so called "Continue Entering Statement" mode.
>
> How can I exit this mode and continue to enter correct commands, such as:
> M =[12;34;56]
>
> Thanks!

What is the "Continue Entering Statement" mode?  Did you type "..." somewhere that you're not showing us?  When I type

m = ['J','o','h','n']

and hit enter, MATLAB correctly displays

m =
John
0
Andy
7/26/2010 2:54:04 PM
"Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <i2k6rs$951$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Let us assume that I entered this command:
>
> m	= [&#8217;J&#8217;,&#8217;o&#8217;,&#8217;h&#8217;,&#8217;n&#8217;]
>
> Immediately after it I am getting into the so called "Continue Entering Statement" mode.
>
> How can I exit this mode and continue to enter correct commands, such as:
> M =[12;34;56]
>
> Thanks!

do you use the correct apostrophes(?)...

     m = ['J','o','h','n']
     n=[12;34;56]

us
0
us
7/26/2010 2:55:22 PM
"Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <i2k6rs$951$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Let us assume that I entered this command:
>
> m	= [&#8217;J&#8217;,&#8217;o&#8217;,&#8217;h&#8217;,&#8217;n&#8217;]
>
> Immediately after it I am getting into the so called "Continue Entering Statement" mode.
>
> How can I exit this mode and continue to enter correct commands, such as:
> M =[12;34;56]
>
> Thanks!

@Andy & @us

Both of you are right in some way!

I havent use the apostrophes that you used @Andy! And that generated problems :(

I have use this apostrophe &#8217; instead of ' and that lead me to the so called Continue Entering Statement... and what is this?

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4103/screen1c.jpg

If you left-down where is the start button you will see that text!

And I am curious to know more about this... could someone explain it to me?

To posts about the same problem (which I am not able to understand so much):
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/252795
http://www.mathworks.de/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/138903

But may help you to explain it to me!

Thanks!
0
Sofia
7/26/2010 3:32:04 PM
"Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <i2k9pk$llp$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <i2k6rs$951$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Let us assume that I entered this command:
> >
> > m	= [&#8217;J&#8217;,&#8217;o&#8217;,&#8217;h&#8217;,&#8217;n&#8217;]
> >
> > Immediately after it I am getting into the so called "Continue Entering Statement" mode.
> >
> > How can I exit this mode and continue to enter correct commands, such as:
> > M =[12;34;56]
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> @Andy & @us
>
> Both of you are right in some way!
>
> I havent use the apostrophes that you used @Andy! And that generated problems :(
>
> I have use this apostrophe &#8217; instead of ' and that lead me to the so called Continue Entering Statement... and what is this?
>
> http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4103/screen1c.jpg
>
> If you left-down where is the start button you will see that text!
>
> And I am curious to know more about this... could someone explain it to me?
>
> To posts about the same problem (which I am not able to understand so much):
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/252795
> http://www.mathworks.de/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/138903
>
> But may help you to explain it to me!
>
> Thanks!

the statement starts with an [

     [cmplt_ ... % <- ... is the syntax for continuing
          <other stuff>

but you're missing the closing ]

          <stuff>,'all');
% instead of
          <stuff>,'all')];

that's why the editor thinks you want to continue...

us
0
us
7/26/2010 3:45:21 PM
"Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <i2k6rs$951$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Let us assume that I entered this command:
>
> m	= [&#8217;J&#8217;,&#8217;o&#8217;,&#8217;h&#8217;,&#8217;n&#8217;]
>
> Immediately after it I am getting into the so called "Continue Entering Statement" mode.
>
> How can I exit this mode and continue to enter correct commands, such as:
> M =[12;34;56]
>
> Thanks!

So how to say stop (quit or exit) to the editor I dont want to continue anymore?

Sofia
7/26/2010 3:55:20 PM
"Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <i2kb58$l2d$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Sofia Häggberg" <hd.int.assNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message <i2k6rs$951$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Let us assume that I entered this command:
> >
> > m	= [&#8217;J&#8217;,&#8217;o&#8217;,&#8217;h&#8217;,&#8217;n&#8217;]
> >
> > Immediately after it I am getting into the so called "Continue Entering Statement" mode.
> >
> > How can I exit this mode and continue to enter correct commands, such as:
> > M =[12;34;56]
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> So how to say stop (quit or exit) to the editor I dont want to continue anymore?

well... did you read my reply above(?)...

us
0
us
7/26/2010 4:22:08 PM
You need to type the word:  return

then hit the return (or enter key).  You are in KEYBOARD mode, your parenthesis and brackets are balanced.
0
Matt
7/26/2010 6:08:04 PM
"Matt Fig" wrote in message <i2kiu4$ktf$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> You need to type the word:  return
>
> then hit the return (or enter key).  You are in KEYBOARD mode, your parenthesis and brackets are balanced.
0
Pawan

DICOM Conformance Statement
We have a fairly simple 'grab-view-manipulate-save' or 'open-view-manipulate-save' image application. A customer has requested a DICOM conformance statement for this. Does anyone know how to do this (without reading al the DICOM stuff). A template or sample statement for these very basic DICOM functions would be a great help. Thanks, Niels Munk Niels Munk wrote: > We have a fairly simple 'grab-view-manipulate-save' or > 'open-view-manipulate-save' image application. A customer has > requested a DICOM conformance statement for this. Does ...

Continue to lock record in main form while editing subform records
I have main form with subform, similar to the Order Details form in the Northwind database. The the main form record locking is released when I click to edit subform's records. Is there away to maintain the lock on the main form throughout, until the form is closed? Ethan ...

Re: output statement in proc means #2
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 05:21:01 -0800, Mogens A. Krogh <MKROGH@DSR.KVL.DK> wrote: >Dear Thomas, >Something like.. > >proc means data=test nway noprint; >var a b c; >output out=file2 (drop=_:) > n(a b c)= N_a N_b N_c > stddev(a b c)= Std_a Std_b Std_c > mean(a b c)= Mean_a Mean_b Mean_c > median(a b c)= Med_a Med_b Med_c > ; >run; > >Regards >Mogens A. Krogh >PhD-student, DVM >www.kvl.dk Creating an output data set via the ODS OUTPUT destination can save some keystrokes. For example, ods trace on ; proc...

Dynamic Highlighting On Continuous Form?
I've got a continuous form that is a grid of statistical values. When the user clicks on a statistic, something happens (specifically a graph is created showing rolling one-year values for the stat in question). What I'd like to do is have the current cell highlighted somehow so its clearer which statistic is "current". MouseOver doesn't seem to be an option because the form is continuous - i.e. all cells in the column get whatever highlighting I apply in MousOver. I'm thinking the Enter() event. Second-best, but better than nothing. But when I try somethin...

Problem with left join statement
Hi Im having problems migrating a query from Oracle to MS Access..after much modification i arrived at this query: SELECT t4.org_nm, t1.run_id, t3.org_id, t1.Plan_Yr_n, t2.plan_id, t3.Opt_Out_i, (IIf(t3.Prod_ty_c="EPO","HMO",t3.Prod_ty_c)) as Product, t3.bus_ln_c, t3.FUND_TY_C, t2.orig_plan_c, t2.orig_plan_nm FROM (((BENEXCH_T_RIBT_BTCH t1 LEFT JOIN BENEXCH_T_RIOR_ORG t4 ON (t1.org_id = t4.org_id)) LEFT JOIN BENEXCH_T_RCOP_ORG_PLAN_RUN t2 ON (t1.run_id = t2.run_id)) LEFT JOIN RFI_T_RCPL_ORG_PLAN t3 ON (t1.org_id = t3.org_id ...

excel is not closed in runtime using excel.Quit()
hi guys, I want to read some data from each of the files from a directory and save it to database.In the time of read operation each excel file is open but not close after read from the file. After processing of all files the excel is closed. here is the code.. code count=100 i=0 while i<count i=i+1 begin excel = WIN32OLE::new('excel.Application') # create winole Object workbook = excel.Workbooks.Open("#{path}") # Open the Excel file worksheet = workbook.Worksheets(1) #get hold of the first worksheet worksheet.Select # select the worksheet tit...

Not Quite Yet Another DRM Essay
from the guy who designed the space 4X AI War: Fleet Command. IMO, it's sufficiently different to be worth drawing attention to: http://christophermpark.blogspot.com/2009/07/thoughts-on-piracy-and-drm.html Cheers, Andy Brown On 28 aug, 02:09, Andy Brown <andy...@es.co.nz> wrote: > it's sufficiently different to be worth drawing attention to: It's only different in a sense that unlike some other developers this guy sees it our way : those 40 pirates he might convince to buying his game if he put in DRM would be offset by a bigger number of regular cust...

continue
lets say i have the code: while (some condition){ /* the "big" loop */ .... some code.... while (some condition){ ...code... if (!some condition){ ///// How to continue the "big" loop? } ..some code.... } ...some code..... } Is there any other solution besides resorting to using goto? Or is there a way to rearrange the whole structure to eliminate the use of 2 loops? this situation in Java is not a problem as J...

Time-Zone Voodoo (continued...)
The following excerpt is from the releases notes for VMS82A-UPDATE- V700 and is proof that recreational drug use has returned to academia and certain government offices. ### The following instructions apply to users who have set the time zone to GMT-* or GMTPLUS* : The definition of the timezone names has been changed in the time-zone public database (ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/ pub/). The effect of this change is that, after installation of the VMS82A_TZ-V0100 kit, "GMT-" (minus) will now mean "ahead (east) of" Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and "GMTPLUS" will now mea...

continuous acquisition and variable averaging

Continued Fractions #2
Hello, I'm new here. My question is: how to typeset continued fractions in the notation where the plus-signs are on the same height as the partial denominators, while NOT being underneath the divisor bars? I'm using LaTeX, with the package amsmath loaded. Thanks for any help. ...

[News] Lenovo to Enter Cheap Laptop (Probably with GNU/Linux) Market
Lenovo wants to launch a $250 laptop soon ,----[ Quoet ] | At the Davos World Economic Forum, Lenovo's CEO Bill Amelio said: "There is a | market for $200 PCs and $250 laptops. We think it's really close to be | getting there. Over the next 18 months, you'll see some offers from Lenovo | that are going to be able to get into that spot. There are 5 billion people | out there that don't have a computer." `---- http://digg.com/linux_unix/Lenovo_wants_to_launch_a_250_laptop_soon Related: Linux is about to take over the low end of PCs ,----[ Quote ] | Opinion...

Continuously in here
Dear Sir/Madam We are one of the largest wholesalers in China who mainly sell stylish electronic product and equipment such as Digital Cameras, Mobile Phone, Laptops, Mp4, GPS, Digital Video and bulk products such as LCD TV, Motorcycles, Binoculars and Musical Instruments and so on with various international famous brands. We offer our customer good valuable product with very competitive price because we have advanced goods circulating solution and supporter. We have our own warehouse and stores, our clients all over the world. When you choose our products you will also enjoy our fast delivery...

Continue writing in an excel worksheet
Hello I am engineering co-op who is very very new to LABVIEW 7.1. I want to build a vi which takes data from pressuer sensors through a DAQ SCXI-1121 to an excel work sheet and continues writing without overwriting till i stop the vi. I have made a small attempt. Please suggest appropriate modifications. Thanks a ton in advance... presure transducer labview measurement'v'.del.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/331250/1/presure transducer labview measurement'v'.del.vi There is a Boolean input to Write to Spreadsheet called 'append to file'. You have nothing w...

Please help a newbie about FORMAT statement
Hi, I saw the following output statements. I don't understand what 100, 110, and 120 statements mean. Particularly, what the '1', 1X mean? I guess 100 line means: print one element, starting after 4 spaces, then print "Table of Squ...". Am I correct? But what 1x means in 120 line? Thank you very much. <code> ! Print the title of the table on a new page. WRITE (*,100) 100 FORMAT ('1', T3, 'Table of Square Roots, Squares, and Cubes') ! Print the column headings. WRITE (*,110) 110 FORMAT ('0',T4,'Number',T13,'Square Root'...

[News] South Africa Continues Consideration of Linux Laptops for Kids
Govt minister goes geek for FOSS day ,----[ Quote ] | Armed with a One Laptop Per Child computer and kitted out in a Geek Freedom | League t-shirt, South African deputy minister of science and technology, | Derek Hanekom, opened Saturday's Software Freedom Day event at the | departmental offices in Pretoria. `---- http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1724 Government eyes out One Laptop per Child http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1726 Related: One Laptop Per Child to begin SA pilot ,----[ Quote ] | Although the roll-out date for One Laptop Per Chil...

If you continue being rude i will continue doing this
====================================================== root@secure [~/distribute-0.6.49]# pip install pygeoip Downloading/unpacking pygeoip Downloading pygeoip-0.3.0.tar.gz (97kB): 97kB downloaded Running setup.py egg_info for package pygeoip Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 16, in <module> File "/usr/lib/python3.3/encodings/ascii.py", line 26, in decode return codecs.ascii_decode(input, self.errors)[0] UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1098: ordinal not in range(128) Co...

RB 0-based continuity?
Most built-in functions in RB take/return 0-based values such as arrays, etc. But, there are a few things that use 1-based values such as the "Mid" function in which the first character returned is counted as 1 (one). Wouldn't it make more sense to make all built-in functions act the same way? It's a pain to have some 0-based and some 1-based methods, and in most cases I can't figure out why RB would choose to use either over the other. Why not just stick to 0-based values for all methods? In article <409e19fd.0412051544.1bb73c2d@posting.google.com>, se...

Continuation
Why does the following code print the line "doing other stuff" twice? def cc puts "do A" puts "----> 1. #{caller}" callcc { |cont| return cont} puts "----> 2. #{caller}" puts "do B" end puts "calling cc" cont = cc() puts "doing other stuff" cont.call() if cont puts "end of work" puts OUTPUT: calling cc do A ----> 1. remove2.rb:59 doing other stuff ----> 2. remove2.rb:59 do B doing other stuff end of work Responding to michelemendel@gmail.com: > Why does the following code ...

X-windows exiting ungracedfully
Hello, We are running HP-Openview 6.2 on Sun workstations with Solaris 8. During normal operations, and especially when a large number of windows / applications (Java applets) are open, the X-windows session is terminated. Either we go back to the login screen, but in some cases the workstation seems to hung. In those cases we need to reboot the station. The following message appears in the Openview alarm browser the next time we log-in: "Major Thu Jul 10 20:08:08 rlssManager pmd lost contact with ipmap: pid 859 ungracefully disconnected from pmd with 0 pending events: Error on socket...

Am I right in thinking a return value is carried over into a __finally statement?
I mean, is this correct? try { Screen->Cursor = crHourglass; Do something bad return false; else return true; } __finally { Screen->Cursor = crDefault; // No need for return statement here. } The question is, will the return value (true or false) be returned correctly as shown, in the __finally statement? THX! Dean deanbrown3d@yahoo.com wrote: > I mean, is this correct? > > try > { > Screen->Cursor = crHourglass; > Do something bad > return false; > else > return true; > } > __finally This is not C++. If this is...

Re: The terror plot (continued) #20

Simple v8 script to resize and enter OK
I have tried recording a script that has steps of action, the firtsrt of which is to resize the image to a height of 100 and enter OK. It is the process of setting the height on the resize panel and entering the OK that I dont seem to get right. I tyhought the Height would be activatred with an ALT-H, and a simmple enter of 100 would be correct. apprently not. Further, I dont seem to find any awy to automate the entry of an OK on any panel. Is this possible? And if so, how? Wasn't it news frontiernet.net who wrote: >I have tried recording a script that has steps of action, the fi...

Database with data entered via web
Please Help, I am trying to create a database in Access with a VB front end which would appear fairly straight forward however I need clients to enter data via the web and I have no idea how to do this??? Two other factors: I have limited resources in that I only have access to VB.net (asp), Access, Frontpage and maybe PHP?? I would like to set this up as a local host on a XP Pro machine. ...

how are continuations different than an event loop?
http://search.cpan.org/~awwaiid/Continuity-1.5/lib/Continuity.pm ...