Many of you who post to this newsgroup are also regular contributors
to the MATLAB Central File Exchange. Look for your favorite
contributors on our File Exchange Author Profile page. You can read
their profiles and see pictures:

 <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/reports/fileexchange/allProfiles/>

In a random drawing, we recently awarded MATLAB jackets to three File
Exchange authors with profile pages: Michele Giugliano, Andrey Egin,
and Denis Gilbert.

You can win a jacket, too. Just submit a new file to the File
Exchange or update your author profile by December 2003 for a chance
to win one of four MATLAB jackets. See the jacket below:

 <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/images/jeff3.jpg>

Here are some interesting File Exchange facts:

- Since its inception in 2001, visitors have downloaded more than
1.25 million submissions from the File Exchange.
- In September 2003 alone, visitors downloaded 80,085 files, an
average of 2670 a day!
0
mpoh (46)

.... what if the prize was a free copy of the next version of Matlab :-)

majb

Min Poh wrote:

0
bourassa-m (38)
10/27/2003 4:53:35 PM
....or an offer for employment...

aj

"bourassa" <bourassa-m@rmc.ca> wrote in message
> ... what if the prize was a free copy of the next version of Matlab :-)
>
> majb
>
> Min Poh wrote:

0
aj.jozhnson (464)

Submit Your MATLAB Links and Win a MATLAB Jacket
The recently launched Link Exchange on MATLAB Central is a collection of links to various educational, personal, and commercial MATLAB Web sites. On the new Link Exchange site, you can: * Browse MATLAB related websites * Submit MATLAB related links * Rate existing links * Suggest modifications to existing links * Report broken links Visit the Link Exchange: <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/link_exchange> To encourage visitors to submit links to the site, we will be raffling 5 MATLAB jackets to people who make submissions between July 7 and July 31, 2004. Results of the contest...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . Thanks in advance, Nicolas On 10-12-03 01:22 AM, Nicolas wrote: > Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, > on Linux platforms ? > I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the > system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, > but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . > When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r > "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . > If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is > blocked till I close the second one . > I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits platform . It appears there is a parsing problem in the script that invokes Matlab. Here's an example of what I had to do to get around it: !matlab -r \""...

Inside the MATLAB Desktop Blog on MATLAB Central
Hello, The MATLAB Desktop team is joining the MATLAB blog community and recently introduced the "Inside the MATLAB Desktop" blog. The entire Desktop development team will be contributing to the content of this blog to give you information about features that you may not have found in the product and productivity tips. We also will introduce new features as they are released. The blog can be found over on MATLAB Central or at the following link: http://blogs.mathworks.com/desktop/ For more information about who we are and what the "Desktop team" works on, check ...

adding some of the files from Matlab central to the offical Matlab releases?
I see some very useful files and commands at Matlab central, and wonder why Mathworks does not add these to the official Matlab release? This will make using these files/commands easier, so that, for example, when sending an .m file to someone, they do not have to go download some additional files from matlab central first to the code. Just for an example, there is the GUI layout manager toolbox http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27758-gui-layout-toolbox And the factorize() and inverse() commands in http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/24119 ...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB?
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.java. But it failed because my ObjFun.java will call an external .exe file. and the file path contains spaces which is fine by Java but not matlab. I stuck here, I myself is a Java programmer not good at matlab, I can't find any thing on google about the solution to my problem. So here I propose another idea: call matlab function in JAVA. I need some advise on this. Thank you very much for a reply!!! Lemon can anyone give advice?? "Lemon F" <f.lemon.jin@hotmail.com> wrote in message <i3bag7$i96$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can anyone give advice?? If you would not have double-posted you would have seen that you already received advice (on the other post): http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/288403 ...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

Matlab
Hi I want to find more information about MATLAB. Thank you! ...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

Access from MATLAB to a non-MATLAB GUIs
Hallo everybody, In one of my MATLAB functions I invoke external EXE file (another program), which makes some calculations. At the end of the calculations a message appears if I want to quit the exernal program (with 'Yes' and 'No' buttons). I want to close this message, because it interrupts the executaion of the whole MATLAB function(a batch file). The message is generated from the exernal program, not from MATLAB, so I can't use a MATLAB handle to close it. So, does anybody knows how I can close those non-MATLAB generated message (GUI) with a command in the MATLAB...

Writing a Matlab add-on in a Matlab clone?
What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab software in? I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab add-ons. I am aware of Scilab and GNU Octave. The former seems to be more popular. -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy The F#.NET Journal http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?usenet Jon Harrop wrote: > > > > What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab > software > in? > > I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab > add-ons. I > am aware ...

Matlab compiler for Matlab 5.2
I'm looking for matlab compiler for matlab 5.2 for Mac computers. I wasn't able to find anywhere because the Mathworks doesn't produce it. Do you know were I may find it? Thanks ...

matlab in JAVA or java in MATLAB? #2
Hi guys I am now experencing a great difficulty in the interation between java and matlab. I have an objective function written in JAVA with has method return an numerical number, i call it 'profit'. The nature of this obtive function (ObjFun.java) is that it takes an parameter input, say C, with different C value, the returned profit value is different. Eventually I want to find the optimized C value which produce the maximun profit (C will be under constrains). Initially I want to use linprog or fminsearch in matlab. So I tried the command in matlab that excutes my ObjFun.ja...

Slow Matlab vs. Fast Matlab
I have a Matlab simulation that I run at work that takes 4+ hours. When I run it from home thru a VPN to my employer it's about 20x quicker! I'm trying to figure out what the issue could be. The loading on the computer is about the same at work and at home. It has to be something related to our computer network at work vs. my network at home, but I'm not sure where to look. Any ideas? On 10-12-02 01:24 PM, Kevin wrote: > I have a Matlab simulation that I run at work that takes 4+ hours. When > I run it from home thru a VPN to my employer it's about 20x quick...

Matlab 5 vs Matlab 6
Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6? In article <ef0b5a4.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, "Timothy Ramos" <teej_ramos@yahoo.com> wrote: > Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6? Yes. Timothy Ramos wrote: > Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6? http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk_r13/help/base/relnotes/matlab/rn.html -- Brad Phelan http://xtargets.com Timothy Ramos <teej_ramos@yahoo.com> wrote: > Are there any significant difference/s between Matlab 5 and 6? As others have said, ye...

MATLAB Daemon
Hi! Is it posible to make a Daemon in MATLAB so that i can access a shared memory between MATLAB and .NET? I ask this because every method i've tryied to call MATLAB functions from .NET are really slow, mostly the call process (because i call the function about 300.000-1.000.000 times in a small time lapse. I thought that using a Daemon using shared memory between my .NET app and MATLAB would make that performance bottleneck almost dissapear. Any other ideas are really appreciated. By the way, is it posible to open a socket in MATLAB? That would be another possible solution, less performa...

Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ?
Hi, I have a c++ application which uses Matlab engine to save data for further use with Matlab. I need to distribute the application to users that do not have Matlab. Is there a way tp use Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ? How should I change the compilation to do it ? Thanks, Ofra ...

Matlab R2006b compatability with Matlab R14?
I am trying to execute some code (a mixture of C++ and Matlab) that was delivered to me. The Matlab code was originally developed under Matlab R14. I have Matlab R2006b installed on my system. When I attempt to execute the program, I get the following message: I18N Runtime warning: Missing ICU data file detected while processing $(MATLAB)/bin/$(ARCH). Hint: Check for a misconfigured environment or installation. When I look in the referenced directory, there does appear to be an ICU related .dat file. Any ideas as to what could be causing this runtime warning? Thanks. ...

shutdown matlab.exe when matlab is not in use
Hi, I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starting automatically each time my computer starts. I have Windows XP operating system. I have matlab 6.5. Thanks. Fenisol3 puffy_blake wrote: > Hi, > I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically > and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my > computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starti...

Web resources about - Contribute to MATLAB Central and Win a MATLAB Jacket - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Adobe Contribute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adobe Contribute (formerly Macromedia Contribute ) is a web publishing and website management tool that integrates authoring, reviewing, and ...

Facebook social reader app contributes to record traffic for U.K. news site
The Guardian reached a new record of unique visitors and page impressions for Guardian.co.uk in February, and the news organization attributes ...

YouTube - Participate. Contribute. Join the Tribe!
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

'We do not contribute to victory by fighting each other': Andrew Nikolic's email to Liberal MPs
Liberal backbencher and former army officer Andrew Nikolic sent an email to his parliamentary colleagues on Tuesday, urging for a sense of unity ...

Carbon tax contributes to emissions drop
Carbon tax contributes to emissions drop

China contributes $20m to MH370 search - The Courier-Mail Search Search
CHINA will contribute $20 million to the hunt for missing Malaysian Airlines flight 370, the government has reported on its website.

Using plus-size models in ads contributes to high obesity rates and poor lifestyle choices, study says ...
... women is linked to the obesity epidemic and unhealthy lifestyle choices. A recent study shows that using plus-size models in advertising contributes ...

Gillard tells state governments: I'll give $2 for every $1 you contribute to school funding
PRIME Minister Julia Gillard has offered state and territory governments $2 for every extra $1 they invest in education, under her plan to boost ...

Twitter users to contribute to campaigns
Twitter will allow users to make contributions to a political candidate through a tweet.

Public education contributes to community, society
... not do, Ann Babington (Letters, May 28). It is missing the point to say that 100 per cent of parents of private school-educated children contribute ...