convert mat files (struct) to ascii text files / save data as ascii text

I'm using a script that saves data (x,y) as .mat files in struct format. However I need it to save the data as ascii text files. How can this be done? I've tried save -ascii etc etc but matlab returns that the data format is not suitable to save as ascii.

So is there a (simple) way to either save my data as ascii text or convert a generated .mat file to ascii text file (CSV or else)?

Thanks!
0
Stijn

On Dec 23, 10:43=A0am, "Stijn Oonk" <stijn.o...@tno.nl> wrote:
> I'm using a script that saves data (x,y) as .mat files in struct format. =
However I need it to save the data as ascii text files. How can this be don=
e? I've tried save -ascii etc etc but matlab returns that the data format i=
s not suitable to save as ascii.

> So is there a (simple) way to either save my data as ascii text or conver=
t a generated .mat file to ascii text file (CSV or else)?

> Thanks!

You could always try writing the data using other functions

See: dlmwrite, csvwrite, xlswrite...

Here are the built in ways to load/save data in matlab:
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/fileformats.html

-Nathan
0
Nathan