Convert MatLab-files into Xfig files

Hello,

Can you please help me on the following?

I know that the .fig format of MatLab and Xfig are different though
have the same endings.
Nontheless I would like to convert my pictures from MatLab into Xfig
pictures to edit them further - if possible.

If it isn't possible, then does someone of you know which (well known)
program I can use to draw graphs and convert them into xfig? Is it
possible for Mathematica?

Kind regards
Lena Malinowski

Hello Lena,

you can use gnuplot to draw graphs (http://www.gnuplot.info/) and save them to xfig FIG files. Or you can use the program pstoedit (ps to edit) to convert a EPS file to a xfig FIG file for editing in XFig. Simply save a Matlab figure as EPS and convert it to a xfig FIG file.

Latter solution works for most applications, if they can export/print to EPS/PS.

--Wolfgang

LenaMalina <lenamalinowski@googlemail.com> wrote in message <d650c798-1b53-467e-b644-6e8a854d7560@g38g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>...
> Hello,
>
> Can you please help me on the following?
>
> I know that the .fig format of MatLab and Xfig are different though
> have the same endings.
> Nontheless I would like to convert my pictures from MatLab into Xfig
> pictures to edit them further - if possible.
>
> If it isn't possible, then does someone of you know which (well known)
> program I can use to draw graphs and convert them into xfig? Is it
> possible for Mathematica?
>
> Kind regards
> Lena Malinowski
Hello, Wolfgang,