convert square image to hexagonal and then perform face detection

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am doing project

"Hexagonal approach used for Face recognition"
 i need help in this project. i don't know how to start this project. how to convert image to hexagonal shape. plz tell me
0
Reply coolfriend143 (2) 4/9/2011 12:57:04 PM

See related articles to this posting

On Apr 9, 8:57=A0am, "hamna " <coolfriend...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am doing project
>
> "Hexagonal approach used for Face recognition"
> =A0i need help in this project. i don't know how to start this project. h=
ow to convert image to hexagonal shape. plz tell me
----
Well it's your project and your idea, isn't it?  So how were you
planning on doing it?  If it's not your idea and you're just trying to
replicate what some paper is doing, then just do what the paper tells
you to do.  I don't know what else to tell you.  Or ask your professor
(or whomever), or pick another project.  Because you're really not
giving us much to go on.

There are some algorithms based on hexagonal layout of pixels but I
believe they all use rectangular arrays and use special kernels with
two corners missing to "trick" the array and algorithm into thinking
it's a hexagonal array, but I don't want to get into that.  And
frankly, I don't see what they offer in most cases.  Perhaps if your
camera were the Fuji SuperCCD with the hexagonal pixel array and you
were using "RAW" images instead of the normal rectangular array that
it normally gives you then you might have an argument for needing a
hexagonal layout.
0
Reply imageanalyst (7622) 4/10/2011 6:16:26 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

performance evaluator for edge detection or binary images
dear all, i need some help to evaluate result from edge detection and/or binary image, anyone know about the method and the MATLAB code? Really appreciate the help. Thank you in advance. ...

performing canny edge detection on V component on HSV image
Hi, I tried removing the effect of light on an image. I converted the colored image from an RGB to HSV and filtered the V or(I) component. Now I am trying to perform a Canny edge detection on the resultant image but I am getting problems. Help! vanadis wrote: > > > Hi, I tried removing the effect of light on an image. I converted > the > colored image from an RGB to HSV and filtered the V or(I) > component. > Now I am trying to perform a Canny edge detection on the resultant > image but I am getting problems. Help! Sounds like you are making progress in the forward di...

Rotation Invariant Face Detection : how to deal with out of boundaries pixels in rotated images
I'm working on a neural network based face detection project. We have a router network wich finds out the rotation angle. Trying to rotate an existing training set of frontal not rotated faces (i.e. CMU training set) i have found some troubles when i try to interpolate (estrapolate?) pixel out of boundaries in rotated images. I need some interpolation (estrapolation?) tecnique to fill the empty spaces in a 20x20 pixel window applyed over the rotated image. Such tecnique has to preserve pixel correlation without creating "non sense" pixels which could disturb the router neural ne...

Creating image database to implement Viola Jones face detection method
Hi, Is it the necessity to create my image database in .pgm format to implement Viola Jones face detection method. Can I create my image database for training in .jpg format. Thanks in advance On 07/23/13 01:53, Noopur wrote: > Hi, > > Is it the necessity to create my image database in .pgm format to > implement Viola Jones face detection method. Can I create my image > database for training in .jpg format. > > Thanks in advance Hi Noopur, This depends on what tools or libraries you are using. Are you implementing the Viola-Jones algorithm from scra...

subplot array using image/images for square images
whenever i use subplot to plot an array of images, if i want all the images to be square, and i have >2 columns, the spacing between the rows is way too big. for example: ncols=5; A1=rand(10,10,ncols); A2=rand(10,10,ncols); for i=1:ncols h(i)=subplot(2,ncols,i); imagesc(A1(:,:,i)) h(i+ncols)=subplot(2,ncols,i+ncols); imagesc(A2(:,:,i)); end axis(h,'square') set(h,'XTickLabels',[],'YTickLabels',[]), print(gcf,'demo','-dpdf') if anybody knows of a quick work around for this, i'd love to know about it. many thanks, jovo ...

classification of images as face image & nonface image
Hi all, I am new here working on image processing . I have set of cropped images having faces in it but there are some images in it which does not have faces. I am using PCA for making classification I have done following steps. 1.created data set of training images. 2. calculate average of these data set & subtracted from data set matrix. 3.applied PCA to find eigen vectors of covariance matrix. After that I don&#8217;t know what to do. Can you give me guideline to go forword. Waiting for your reply. thanks in advance. "Vishwasrao " <vishwasrao.salunkhe@gmail.com&...

VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0
For Immediate Release Contact: support@verypdf.com http://www.verypdf.com/ http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/index.htm VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0 - Convert Adobe PDF file to Image Formats PDF To Image Converter Introduction (Document) PDF To Image Converter is an application program based on Windows platform, which can directly convert PDF files to dozens of image formats, such as TIF, TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, EMF, PCX, TGA and so on, it does support whole PDF file to image file conversion, include text, line, arc, ellipse, Bezier, color, image, form and other type elements. PD...

How to convert RGB image to grayscale image?
Hye..i'm a final year student of Software Engineering.. Since i have to complete my final project,i need assist on how to use the Matlab. My project is about on how to detect the pattern texture/structure of fabric image. Here are some of my problems... -> How can i convert the RGB image to Grayscale image using matlab? -> How i can transfer the filtering image into fast fourier transformation graph? (since i use that technique on pattern recognization.) -> Is that any references that may helps me on how to learn the process of fast fourier transformation? Really need helps from...

Converting .nib images to .dsk images
Hi, I have a copy of Eamon adventure 249, which is only available as a .nib image. I have no idea why. I want to convert it to .dsk. I have a DOS program, emu2em, for converting from .nib to .dsk. However, this program locks up my system when run from either a DOS box under Windows or from pure DOS without Windows loaded. Are there any other programs for converting between the two filetypes. DOS, Windows or Linux programs are good. Thanks. Jayson Smith <nospamratguyspambegone@nospamplease.bellsouth.ihatespam.net> wrote: > I have a copy of Eamon adventure 249, which is only a...

Convert image 2D to Image 3D
Hello, How can I get one image 3D from several image 2D ? I want to be able to feel relief in the new image... Thanks, On Mar 11, 10:02=A0am, "jackie " <jrobiquet-removet...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > How can I get one image 3D from several image 2D ? > I want to be able to feel relief in the new image... > > Thanks, Is your question how to project an image onto a 3D surface? Look up 'surface' in matlab help- they explain it better than i can ;) Adam Chapman <adam.chapman@student.manchester.ac.uk> wrote in message <ff4a4c43-e672-4c...

Convert 2D image to 3D image
Hi, I have rectangular cross section image of small thicked cylinder.These profiles inside the cylinder are same of taking any cross section. I would like to have 3D image of this 2D image. How I should proceed. Please help. Gourihar gourihar@env.leeds.ac.uk ...

image processing
i would like to convert a 240x320x3 matrix, which is made out of a 240x320x3 12bit rgb image, into a 240x320x1 8 bit indexed image. i asked that question already yesterday, but didn't have much luck with the suggestions. so if anyone could help me, it would be great. what i tried until now is: C12RGB = cat(3, ZCRED, ZCGREEN, ZCBLUE); I = mat2gray(C12RGB); [X,map] = gray2ind(I,256); -> this gives me a 240x320x3 image not a 240x320x1 image and C12RGB = cat(3, ZCRED, ZCGREEN, ZCBLUE); [ C8FARBE, map ] = cmunique( C12RGB ); -> this generates a map which is to large, as i'm just a...

Converting images without Image::Magick
Like so many others, I can't get Image::Magick to install on my server. I found where someone had posted (in 2007) that you can first install graphviz RPM, then the module IPC-Run, then the module GraphViz, and THEN you might be able to install Image::Magick, but that's a lot of work if there's an easier way around my problem. All that I'm using it for is to convert BMP, GIF, and PNG files to JPG. Is there another way to do this? I've been using Imager; I don't suppose that you can convert an image with that module, can you? Am Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:39:01 -0800...

Image filtering
i'm trying to do image filtering for an Icon that is bundled with the JRE such as the javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalIconFactory.TreeFolderIcon (in order to change icon colour or scale icons). my problem is that is that i can't figure out how to create an ImageProducer source for the Icon. how can i convert an Icon into an Image or otherwise create an ImageProducer for an Icon so that i can filter Icons? t. aspa On 25-3-2005 21:51, aspa wrote: > > i'm trying to do image filtering for an Icon that is bundled with the > JRE such as the javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalIco...

How to convert 2d image 3d image
ccc=(eigenvals(2)-eigenvals(3))/(eigenvals(1)); imgs(y,x,u)=ccc; (for all image) but i didnt write full code here for i=1:99 imagesc(imgs(:,:,i)); (2d image) hold on; % pause(1); end i wanna convert this 2d image into the 3d image then i can see the result in my image (ccc) because i wanna see fiber in my image and ccc value is fiber in my image .... please help me for that.... ...

Convert 3D image to 2D image
Can anyone here provide the way for converting 3D image to 2D image? 3D image detail: size =432 x 518 x 3 10q~~~ "- -" <wai_khee@hotamil.com> wrote in message <hpnbc9$c2o$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Can anyone here provide the way for converting 3D image to 2D image? > 3D image detail: size =432 x 518 x 3 The 3rd dimension represents intensity in the red, green, and blue domains. In converting to 2D you will remove this information and so the image will contain only intensity information and no colour. The easiest thing you could do is take the mean inte...

converting gray image to color image
Hello, can any body inform me of how to convert gray image to color image, since i have convert an original color image to gray image then made some compression then after the compression i would like to return the image as original color image. is it possible to return to color original image. Thank you On May 30, 5:23=A0am, "talal hammouri" <tala...@yahoo.com> wrote: > =A0Hello, > > =A0can any body inform me of how to convert gray image to color image, si= nce i have convert an original color image to gray image then made some com= pression then after the compr...

convert float image to greyscale image
How do I convert float image (in IMAQ) to greyscale (in IMAQ)(8bit) image? Hi, use "Functions->Motion & Vision->Vision Utilities->Image Management->IMAQ Cast Image.vi" This is exactly what you want. Good luck. Oleg Chutko. ...

Converting images to binary images problem.....
I just need some helps here because I'm a new user for MATLAB 7.I don't know how to convert a decimal/greyscale images into binary form of images ( 1 or 0 ).I really need some guides as soon as possible.This is very important for me.Thank you for any guides and helps. Andres wrote: > I just need some helps here because I'm a new user for MATLAB 7.I > don't know how to convert a decimal/greyscale images into binary form > of images ( 1 or 0 ).I really need some guides as soon as > possible.This is very important for me.Thank you for any guides and > helps. >...

convert gray image to rgb image
Can I convert a gray image (2 dim. array) to a rgb colored image(3 dim. array)? I've tried with function gray2ind and ind2rgb but i still get a gray image. Can somebody help me? thanks, Albert If Img is your gray image than do this: newImage = repmat(Img,[1,1,3]) Albert Noll wrote: > > > Can I convert a gray image (2 dim. array) to a rgb colored image(3 > dim. array)? > > I've tried with function gray2ind and ind2rgb but i still get a > gray > image. > > Can somebody help me? > > thanks, Albert Albert Noll wrote: > Can I convert a gray imag...

Convert a 2D image into a 3D image
Hello, I have an image in 2D that I need to change into a 3D image to do some simulations with it. Does anyone know how to make this image into 3D. I have thought of using rotation matrices on each point and copying this point around the object to give it volume, but that has proven worthless. Can anyone help me. I mean that depends on what you want to do with your image. Obviously, you can just replicate your data through the third plane, but you wouldn't gain any additional information by doing that. You only have data in 2D to generate 3D data you either need more data or to assume th...

How to convert RGB image into a binary image ?
Hi everybody, I need to convert a RGB image into a binary format image. I would be grateful if any one could help me. With best regards, Hassan msbstar writes: > I need to convert a RGB image into a binary format image. I would be grateful if any one could help me. An RGB image *is* a binary format image. What exactly are you trying to do? What do you imagine a binary format image is? Cheers, David -- David Fanning, Ph.D. Fanning Software Consulting, Inc. Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.idlcoyote.com/ Sepore ma de ni thue. ("Perhaps t...

Convert figure to image/draw an isoline into image
Hello friends, I have a problem: basically I want to draw an isoline (isocurve using contour()) into an image. That's a common procedure in image processing (level set method, deformable models) and not a problem, actually... If I display an image with imagesc(..) and afterwards draw an isocurve using contour(...) I obtain a figure showing both. Now my problem: is there a way to convert this figure (including the contour) back to a matlab image array, so that I can further process it like an image? Saving it as an image file and reloading it can't be the only solution, can it? Thank...

Detecting intersection between line on image to image boundary
Hello, I have been working in image segmentation on chromosome images. I have successfully drawn perpendicular lines on the medial axis of the chromosome. Now I want to clip those perpendicular lines to fit the image area. here is the image http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/chromosomebinary.jpg/ On Jan 7, 10:44=A0am, "Arisha Aggarwal" <arishaaggar...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > =A0 =A0 I have been working in image segmentation on chromosome images. I= have successfully drawn perpendicular lines on the medial axis of the chro= mosome. Now I want to clip thos...