Copy text from edit text box on MATLAB GUI to specific cell on an excel file

Good day! I would like to copy or transfer the text from an edit box on MATLAB GUI (via push button) to a specific cell on an excel file. Can you suggest on how to accomplish this one or even cite sample codes?

If this is not possible, can you suggest anything on how to allow the user to input texts using the MATLAB GUI (via push button) and automatically transfer the texts to a specific cell on excel? It is preferable to have the texts copied/stored to the excel file without opening the actual excel file.

Thank you so much.
0
Mary

"Mary Requilman" <maryrose.requilman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Good day! I would like to copy or transfer the text from an edit box on
> MATLAB GUI (via push button) to a specific cell on an excel file. Can you
> suggest on how to accomplish this one or even cite sample codes?
> If this is not possible, can you suggest anything on how to allow the user
> to input texts using the MATLAB GUI (via push button) and automatically
> transfer the texts to a specific cell on excel? It is preferable to have
> the texts copied/stored to the excel file without opening the actual excel
> file.
>
> Thank you so much.

See the "Read Excel Spreadsheet Data" example on this documentation page.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/using-com-objects-in-matlab.html

It does the inverse of what you want, but you just need to flip the
assignment statement so it writes a MATLAB variable to the Excel cell rather
than vice versa.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
Steven
8/28/2015 1:28:03 PM
"Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <mrpnl3$g9q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> See the "Read Excel Spreadsheet Data" example on this documentation page.
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/using-com-objects-in-matlab.html
>
> It does the inverse of what you want, but you just need to flip the
> assignment statement so it writes a MATLAB variable to the Excel cell rather
> than vice versa.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Thank you for your response. I understand what you were suggesting but I am having a hard time on how to "flip the assignment statements" of the sample codes on the link you provided. Can you please be more specific on what should I do? Thank you.
0
Mary
8/30/2015 5:37:03 PM

> "Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <mrpnl3$g9q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>
>> See the "Read Excel Spreadsheet Data" example on this documentation page.
>>
>> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/using-com-objects-in-matlab.html
>>
>> It does the inverse of what you want, but you just need to flip the
>> assignment statement so it writes a MATLAB variable to the Excel cell
>> rather than vice versa.
>>
>> --
>> Steve Lord
>> slord@mathworks.com
>> To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
>> http://www.mathworks.com
>
> Thank you for your response. I understand what you were suggesting but I
> am having a hard time on how to "flip the assignment statements" of the
> sample codes on the link you provided. Can you please be more specific on
> what should I do? Thank you.

That example reads data from a cell in the Excel spreadsheet and stores it
in a MATLAB variable. You want to do the opposite. Find the line that
performs the assignment and swap the left and right sides of the assignment
to read data from a MATLAB variable and store it in a cell of the Excel
spreadsheet.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
Steven

How to save text files in Matlab GUI from edit text box
Dear all, please help me in understanding the usage of GUI. I found on the web a suggested way to write a button callback to read the content of an edit text box and save to a txt file, that is: %save text of command.txt file fid = fopen('command.txt','wt'); fprintf(fid,'%c',get(handles.edit1,'String')) fclose(fid); Anyway, the text in the box is saved in the text file in a wrong and very peculiar way; if I write in the box something like: PALA POLO I find in the command.txt file has been saved the following: PPAOLLAO and I can't manag...

Transfer 'text' from edit text box of GUI1 to uitable (specific cell A1) of GUI
Good day! I would like to ask on how to transfer the 'text' entered by the user on GUI's edit box to a specific cell on GUI2's uitable. So far, what I have already done is to save the 'text' from the edit box to an excel file however the 'text' is save one character per cell on the spreadsheet (meaning that when the user typed 'Name', it then saves it on excel with this format: A1: 'N', A2: 'a', A3: 'm', A4: 'e') I have used the following codes: txt = get(handles.edit1, 'string'); xlswrite('Database.xl...

Viewing text files in GUI Edit Text boxes
Hi, I am importing a text file containing numeric and character or just numeric data (of unknown size) and I want to view the contents in a GUI Edit Text box. I've thus far managed to format a string of the numeric only file and view it: datastr=sprintf('%-12.3f',handles.rawdata); set(handles.fdesc,'Visible','on','String',datastr) But, say the file is 20x20 will display the first four numbers of each column then move to the next line and display the next 4, etc. Is there anyway to: a) Add breaks in the data to show the user that the next set of data is f...

Viewing text files in GUI Edit Text boxes #2
Hi, I am importing a text file containing numeric and character or just numeric data (of unknown size) and I want to view the contents in a GUI Edit Text box. I've thus far managed to format a string of the numeric only file and view it: datastr=sprintf('%-12.3f',handles.rawdata); set(handles.fdesc,'Visible','on','String',datastr) But, say the file is 20x20 will display the first four numbers of each column then move to the next line and display the next 4, etc. Is there anyway to: a) Add breaks in the data to show the user that the next set of data is f...

Matlab GUI: displaying a vector in an edit text box
I'm writing a GUI that serves to write data to a robot. The robot takes vectors of 11 elements. Once the user puts his vector in the edit text box, I check lenght and correct the vector if necessary. The problem is that when I try to set my edit text to display a vector, the whole box just vanishes. My code is: input = eval(get(hObject,'String')); n=numel(input); if n~=11 if n>11 %avertissement %première ligne de l'avertissement msgboxText{1} = 'Le vecteur est trop long'; %deuxième ligne de l'aver...

Reading a text file into a Matlab Matrix
Hello there, I have a text file that contains the following; word11 word12 word13 word14 word21 word22 word23 word24 word31 word32 word33 word34 I want to read it into a 3x4 matrix (each word in a separate cell) I tried to use; data = textread('fileName.txt', '%s', 'delimiter', '\n') - puts each line in one cell data = textread('fileName.txt', '%s', 'delimiter', ' ') - puts each word in one cell but in a 12x1 matrix/array [col1 col2 col3 col4] = textread('tE.txt', '%s %s %s %s', 'delimit...

Save Text from GUI Edit Text Box
Hi there! I'm very new to MatLab, this is probably very easy to do - please, if you can, give me very explicit instructions. I'm creating a GUI in GUIDE that has a editable text box. I want a button that, when clicked, will write that text to a text file (in this case, directory.txt). If there is a way to browse for a directory and input the directory into the text box in the GUI, that would be way awesome, but it's not a priority. Thanks very much everybody! "Kyle " <kylebshr@gmail.com> wrote in message <jucb5d$s0b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... ...

inserting certain text from text file to matlab
i am using a software which outputs me a text file with 1000 lines of data. I specifically need certain lines (lets say line 100- 150), and input them into matlab. These lines actually consists of columns (lets say "X-Axis" "Y-Axis" "Z-Axis"). The first line does include the title of these columns. I want matlab to read these lines, and then using a code...generate some graphs for me. Any help would be appreciated. Anuj Anuj wrote: > i am using a software which outputs me a text file with 1000 lines of > data. I specifically need certain lines (lets say ...

editing a text file with matlab
I am trying to open up text file with matlab and change 3 values from a vector. For instance wi have a text file and i want to go to the 10th line of the text and edit 3 values <0,1,0>, <.5147,-1.6694,-.1925> in this case i want to have as variable the .5 the -1.6 -.19. As enter the new values iwant to save this edit text file as a new text file. thanks, V. > I am trying to open up text file with matlab and change 3 values > from > a vector. > For instance wi have a text file and i want to go to the 10th line > of > the text and edit 3 values <0,1,0>, > ...

MATLAB GUI-edit text
How to write command in MATLAB GUI so,whenever the user enter value OR number in my EDIT TEXT and after they enter the PUSH BUTTON,the action will automatically plotting my AXES. Says I have a transfer function. TF= (-0.0911+1.554z^-1)/(-1.036z^-1-1+0.036372z^-2) Thanks in advance. "EMELLINE HOLT JANG" wrote in message <ki8u8r$nmc$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > How to write command in MATLAB GUI so,whenever the user enter value OR number in my EDIT TEXT and after they enter the PUSH BUTTON,the action will automatically plotting my AXES. Says I have a transfer fun...

edit text in matlab GUI 7
i'm working on a GUI which can calculate Ohm's Law by inputing any 2 figures of the 3 data in the formula, V=IR. however i was stucked at the m-file editor.. how can i write the command so that any 2 values (for example, current and voltage) inputed in the edit text.. will produce the result (for example, resistance) in the third edit text box after pressing a particular button? i have read through a lot of documents... still have no idea how to start.. thanks in advance.. In article <fciknq$ic$1@fred.mathworks.com>, c ws <theorekz@gmail.com> wrote: >i'm working ...

text output box in MATLAB GUI?
I want to create a MATLAB GUI with GUIDE and I want one of the components to be a text output box containing many lines of text (wrapped, if possible) that has been generated by the program. As the program proceeds this text is continuously rewritten as the program operates on it and changes it. The user never needs to input text into this box. Is this possible? How do I do it? Thanks. John MAc John Macdonald wrote: > > > I want to create a MATLAB GUI with GUIDE and I want one of the > components to be a text output box containing many lines of text > (wrapped, if possible) tha...

Updating Edit text in MATLAB GUI
Hi, I have a question regarding updating the values in the edit text components of a MATLAB GUI. I have a 'for' loop which does computation on an array of images. I want the image's index which is being processed in the edit text box. So, in each iteration of the loop I do the computation and update the edit text box using: set ( handles.edit2, 'String' , [ 'Processing image number: ', num2str (i) ] ) ; The problem is, the text is not getting updated after each loop, but instead it gets updated at the end after all the iterations are finished. do I need to ad...

How to read texts in Excel file into Matlab?
Dear all: I am trying to load a large matrix in excel into matlab workspace. The first column of the matrix is text. I tried to use " xlsread file" and "load file.xls", none of them works. Could you give me some suggestions? Thank you. Joey Joey a �crit : > Could you give me some suggestions? Sure... give us more informations ;) J�r�me Joey <joey2007@gmail.com> wrote in message <1190042840.131069.179610@n39g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>... > Dear all: > > I am trying to load a large matrix in excel into matlab workspace. The > first colu...

Web resources about - Copy text from edit text box on MATLAB GUI to specific cell on an excel file - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Specific - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Specific Pathogen Free , of a laboratory animal guaranteed free of particular (i.e., specific and named) pathogens "Specific" generally means ...

Specific activity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... SI quantity related to the phenomenon of natural and artificial radioactivity. The SI unit of "activity" is becquerel, Bq, while that of "specific ...

Post Planner Launches Time Zone-Specific Facebook Posting Feature
So your company is based in San Francisco, but you’ve got a big fan base in Berlin. Posting to your Facebook page at 3 p.m. from California means ...

PSA: Apple hasn’t fixed the Gatekeeper vulnerability, only blocked specific apps using it
... Gatekeeper reports that the vulnerability remains despite two security patches applied by the company. Each, he says, only blocks the specific ...

Facebook Tests Interest-Specific News Feeds on Mobile - Digital - Advertising Age
... have sections, and now so does Facebook's news feed, at least for some people. The social network has been experimenting with category-specific ...

Mad Catz launching Samsung-specific game controllers
... their game controllers to Samsung Mobile. Mad Catz is revealing at CES 2016 that they are developing controllers and game pads that are specifically ...

The FTC has finally given some specific guidance on what native ads are meant to look like
... on a journalism website. The FTC has been exploring how to effectively police native advertising since 2013. On Tuesday it released specific ...

Nashua Public Schools Closed Following ‘Specific’ Threat Of Violence
All public schools in Nashua, NH, will be closed Monday after school officials received a detailed threat of violence involving the city's two ...

Obama: No 'specific and credible' holiday threat
CNN Obama: No 'specific and credible' holiday threat CNN Washington (CNN) President Barack Obama insisted Thursday that Americans should feel ...

NY Fast-Food Specific Wage Hike Clears Appeal
Fast food workers in New York take a step closer to a $15 minimum wage.