Create icon on desktop and run matlab files

Hello !!

I have created a matlab program and i would like to create a icon on desktop to run my program without opening matlab and press the run button ! I want to make my program be able to be runned from people they dont know about program tools ...
0
malias_g7 (3)

"Konstantinos Bonis" <malias_g7@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello !!
> I have created a matlab program and i would like to create a icon on
> desktop to run my program without opening matlab and press the run button
> ! I want to make my program be able to be runned from people they dont
> know about program tools ...

Either use the -r startup option to start MATLAB as the target of your
shortcut or, if you don't want MATLAB to be visibly opened, use MATLAB
Compiler to generate a standalone application.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_env/f8-4994.html

http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/compiler/

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
12/14/2011 2:10:41 PM
Im trying to generate a standalone application by using Matlab Compiler but i have some problems.. Im trying to do it by usning the : mcc -mv squareA.m which i found here http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/compiler/f7-996249.html but its saying me to choose a compiler and i dont know what to do ..

Im sorry for so many questions but its the first time trying to do it and i found things a bit hard..
0
malias_g7 (3)
12/15/2011 1:17:08 PM

> Im trying to generate a standalone application by using Matlab Compiler
> but i have some problems.. Im trying to do it by usning the : mcc -mv
> squareA.m which i found here
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/compiler/f7-996249.html but its
> saying me to choose a compiler and i dont know what to do ..
> Im sorry for so many questions but its the first time trying to do it and
> i found things a bit hard..

You need to have a supported C or C++ compiler installed in order to use
MATLAB Compiler.

http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2011b/win32.html

Before the first time you use MATLAB Compiler, you need to tell it which
compiler to use and where that compiler is located.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/compiler/br5w5e9-10.html#br5w5e9-15

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
12/15/2011 2:24:41 PM
I've search how to do it and the problem is that my windows are 64bit and they dont have compilers! So i follow the things in this http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/index.html?solution=1-6IJJ3L like its saying and i installed the right compilers! BUT the thing is that after i installed them i still cant built cause matlab doesnt recognise the compilers . It shows me this

  Error: Could not find the 64-bit compiler.  This may indicate that the
         "X64 Compilers and Tools" or the Microsoft Windows Software
         Development Kit (SDK) is not installed.  To build 64-bit MEX-files
         Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition requires that these two
         packages are installed properly.

Whats happening ?????
0
malias_g7 (3)
12/16/2011 4:24:09 PM

> I've search how to do it and the problem is that my windows are 64bit and
> they dont have compilers!

Then you need to obtain one. On the version of the first page I linked in my
response corresponding to 64-bit Windows and the release you're using, look
for a compiler that includes the phrase "Available at no charge." You should
be able to search for those compilers, download, and install them.

> So i follow the things in this
> http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/index.html?solution=1-6IJJ3L
> like its saying and i installed the right compilers! BUT the thing is that
> after i installed them i still cant built cause matlab doesnt recognise
> the compilers . It shows me this
>  Error: Could not find the 64-bit compiler.  This may indicate that the
> "X64 Compilers and Tools" or the Microsoft Windows Software  Development
> Kit (SDK) is not installed.  To build 64-bit MEX-files  Microsoft Visual
> C++ 2008 Express Edition requires that these two  packages are installed
> properly.
>
> Whats happening ?????

Did you configure MATLAB with "mbuild -setup" after installing the compiler?
If you didn't, your machine has the compiler available but you haven't told
MATLAB that it is available. "mbuild -setup" is what tells MATLAB that the
compiler is available.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

convert a .mat file (Matlab 6.5) to a .mat file(Matlab 4)
Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 version. I want to convert it my file but i son't know why....I've proved with save as..but i had no chance. What i have to do?Someone can help me? Thank you very much! Bye!! Michael wrote: > Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to > this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from > matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 v...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks.
undefined ...

run the matlab files
Is it possible to run the MATLAB7 files on the DSP board or on the microcontroller that conect to the PC? ...

when matlab create a file?
Hi there, I create a file like this: %------------- fid = fopen('myfun.m','w'); fprintf(fid,'function res=y(x)\n'); fprintf(fid,'res(1) = x^2+5;\n'); fclose(fid) %------------- %And now I want to use this file %------------- v0=[0]; v=lsqnonlin(@myfun,v0) %----------- But it doesnt work. It tells me: " Undefined function 'myfun'. " Can you please help me? Thanks a lot Lukas Kurka kurin wrote: <Summary: He's created a file "myfun" but gets an "Undefined function" error message when he tries to use it.> Change your first line to: fid = fopen('myfun','w'); You're using "@myfun", so you need to create a file "myfun", not "myfun.m" Take a look at "Function Handles" in the on-line documentation. HTH. Bob Pownall thanks for try but the problem is still there (even without ".m" it doesnt work completely) The situation is like this. I have a code: %------------- fid = fopen('myfun.m','w'); fprintf(fid,'function res=y(x)\n'); fprintf(fid,'res = x^2+5;\n'); fclose(fid) %------------- %And now I want to use this file %------------- v0=[0]; v=lsqnonlin(@myfun,v0) %----------- When I start it for the first time (the file myfun.m doesnt exist before start), it doesn't work (it says "Undefined function "). But when I start it for the second time (the file myfun.m now exists before th...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks. #2
undefined ...

Forcing Matlab to run .m file when a mex file is present
I am creating an environment to test mex files which will replace exisiting m files in an extensive matlab simulation. As I do this I want to be able to check that the results from the new mex function are the same as the result from the existing m file function. Is there a slick way to force Matlab to call the m file function when a mex function of the same name exists? Ideally I would want to do something like: a = my_function(x,y,z) % calls the mex version b = my_function(x,y,z) % calls the m file version error = abs(a-b); Any suggestions that don't require renaming files? Thanks a l...

Call a Matlab function from Java running in matlab.
Hi guys. I really apologize for asking this question, since I'm sure it is either basic or not possible, but I have been reading through the documentation and can't seem to figure this out, since the examples look like they just send and receive variables from the Java methods. Could anyone give me a short example of how to call a method from a Java object that causes some sort of action to be performed in MATLAB? For example, I would like to: 1) make a new object of MyClass from MATLAB called MyObject. 2) run MyObject.DoSomethingInMatlab() 3) have a statement in DoSomethingInMatlab...

how could i use the matlab help without running matlab?
sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product can i simply open the help document without running matlab? thanks! "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > thanks! Hi, The MATLAB help for the current release (R2010b) is available over the web. Choose a product such as the Signal Processing Toolbox. http://www.mathworks.com/products/signal/ and then under Support and Training, select the documentation. http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/signal/index.html Wayne "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <i67rfa$3bl$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > > > thanks! > > H...

Inside the MATLAB Desktop Blog on MATLAB Central
Hello, The MATLAB Desktop team is joining the MATLAB blog community and recently introduced the "Inside the MATLAB Desktop" blog. The entire Desktop development team will be contributing to the content of this blog to give you information about features that you may not have found in the product and productivity tips. We also will introduce new features as they are released. The blog can be found over on MATLAB Central or at the following link: http://blogs.mathworks.com/desktop/ For more information about who we are and what the "Desktop team" works on, check ...

run an .exe file whitout matlab with window command and an input file
Hello, I need some help about running an exe file from matlab on windows plateform which didn't have Matlab. I have already read this posting ( http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/303833 ) which is kind of the same problem, but not the same error. My .exe file needs an input file .txt to work. So, on the command window, I try this command : " MyExe < inputfile.txt" But it returns : " Error using "Myfunction.m" (first line) Not enough input arguments Matlab minrhs" However, the function did work before compilation. I also tried : " MyExe < inputfile.txt" where inputfile.txt is a .txt file that only contains the adresse of the input file that my programm needs to work (like proposed in posting mentionned above) but it returned the same error. Anyone has an idea to help me ? ...

how to run an avi file in matlab?
i have a school project related on matlab simulation. i don't know how to run an avi file video format through matlab? please help me... its already out of time... thank you... or if who knows the command or code please send it to me "jayson floranda" <josh_santillan07@yahoo.com> wrote in message <h78kgc$l52$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > i have a school project related on matlab simulation. i don't know how to run an avi file video format through matlab? please help me... its already out of time... thank you... or if who knows the command or code please send it t...

run a exe file from matlab
When I tried to execute a executable file from the command prompt of matlab using ; filename.exe in a computer having matlab ver 2009 in a windows 7 64 bit computer i get an error message "The system cannot find the file specified. " some problem with dll files created for matlab. error: "Invalid MEX-file 'D:\Bindwork\programs\sampen\cmatches.dll': D:\Bindwork\programs\sampen\cmatches.dll is not a valid Win32 application." my question is do you know how to deal with dll files. How will you run an executable file created in c , ie., filename.exe under windows 7 64 bit having matlab 64 bit ver.2009 ...

How to run IDL file in matlab?
Hi all, I'm trying to read some head info from a specific file (Siemens). It was saved in different kinds of data format, 'uint', 'char', 'double' in one simple file. It is easy to get in idl. In idl, you can go any line your want and read them in any format you want. But I totally have no idea how to read in matlab. You have to read one by one in one format. If you know how to read it from matlab directly or how can I run IDL file in matlab, please please please give me some suggestions! Million thanks! Christine Christine Don wrote: > Hi all, > > I...

run execute file in matlab
Hi! I'd like to execute a file.exe in Matlab in a loop ( I want to do n Monte Carlo simulations). the script that I try to write is: for i=1:n t='test'; folder=strcat(t,num2str(i)); cd(fullfile('C:\t\',folder)); ! file.exe 'C:\t\',folder end So changing the value of i, the file.exe uses a different file.IN (situated in a different folder). the code doesn't work because Matlab doesn't recognize the variable 'folder' in this comand: ! file.exe 'C:\t\',folder Is there another way to do this? thank you On 7/4/2013 11:14 AM, ILA wrote: .... > the script that I try to write is: > > for i=1:n > t='test'; > folder=strcat(t,num2str(i)); > cd(fullfile('C:\t\',folder)); > > ! file.exe 'C:\t\',folder > end > > So changing the value of i, the file.exe uses a different file.IN > (situated in a different folder). > the code doesn't work because Matlab doesn't recognize the variable > 'folder' in this comand: ! file.exe 'C:\t\',folder .... !file.exe ['C:\t\' folder] You have to build the full command string to pass to the OS. BTW, the cd that you do has no effect other than in the workplace inside Matlab; the startup directory for the underlying shell will be whatever it is on default as it is a new process. Anything that needs to be done there to set working directory, envir...

How to create DLL files in Matlab
How to create DLL files in Matlab From what? kurt wrote: > > > From what? Sir, I have to work on MS access & Matlab and i have to run the matlab program from MS access. In this regard I need to convert the MATLAB code (already available) into a dll file???? I found this solution on web, and and i found another solution too.... here it is... 1) Turn the matlab code into a compiled dll 2) Try and get a hold of MatrixVB. This gave the user some (but not all) of the ML functionality in VB. TMW stopped supporting it about 6 months ago, so you might have a hard time finding it. k...

Running matlab from batch file
START "" /WAIT C:\Apps\R2008bNetwork\bin\matlab.exe -nodesktop - nosplash -r evldu START "" /WAIT tskill matlab I want task 1 to complete before task 2 is executed. It is not working out as expected. How can I do it? I simply want Matlab to close after task 1 is done. On Mar 21, 3:17=A0am, n o s p a m p l e a s e <nospam.ple...@alum.com> wrote: > START "" /WAIT C:\Apps\R2008bNetwork\bin\matlab.exe -nodesktop - > nosplash -r evldu > START "" /WAIT tskill matlab > > I want task 1 to complete before task 2 is executed. It is not work...

run a mathcad file through matlab
hi everyone, It would be great if someone can suggest me a way to run or call a mathcad file through matlab. I have been trying to do that for one of my projects were i have to integrate mathcad and fortran files and run it through matlab. I am successful for the frotran file but have no idea how to go about mathcad. kindly help. Thanks "Topu " <gg68@drexel.edu> wrote in message <fpiadm$osk$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > hi everyone, > > It would be great if someone can suggest me a way to run or > call a mathcad file through matlab. > > I have been ...

How to run exe. file from matlab
Hi, I want to run an exe file inside an .m file and I want it to get the input programmatically, i.e. without opening the exe file and manually entering the input's path (the exe asks for the path of the input). So here is what I have tried so far but I get errors: fname = 'C:/Mysoftware/for006'; system (['C:/Mysoftware/Myexecutable.exe<' fname]); Can anybody help me please? That looks like it should work... can you post your error message? "Chris " <cfweise@yahoo.com> wrote in message <kshbf2$nji$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > That looks like it should work... can you post your error message? Hi Chris, The message that I get in the command window is: status = 12 Enter the input file name: Unable to open this file. Try again Enter the input file name: Unable to open this file. Try again Enter the input file name: The input is a text file for the famous datcom.exe program that you might have heard of. Thank you. Try system (['C:/Mysoftware/Myexecutable.exe<' file]); where file is a text file containing the name of the data file you are feeding your program: contents of file: fname Sounds weird but it might work. I hope you are not attempting to develop ICBMs! "Chris " <cfweise@yahoo.com> wrote in message <ksiqmg$2b9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Try > system (['C:/Mysoftware/Myexecutable.exe<' file]); &g...

Creating a pdf file from MATLAB
Hello, i have an image which i want to write into a pdf file directly from MATLAB. Is there any way to do it? Please help if you can Thanks Ash Ash wrote: > Hello, > > i have an image which i want to write into a pdf file > directly from MATLAB. Is there any way to do it? Plot it first and then issue the command >>print('-dpdf','stuff.pdf') ...

run executable file in matlab
Hi guys. I use system command to run an executable file. for example: system('imgray_test zhong1.pgm'); imgray_test is the executable file. And then I can get some results in the Command Window for example: Loading image... Processing image... 1 faces found: (149, 24)-(209, 84)(location information) My problem is: I only need the location information. And I need to extract them automatically. How can I finish this. Thanks in advanced. Why don't you just write out the info to a data file, such as a text file? Then whatever needs it after your program has...

Running batch files from MATLAB
Hello, I need to run iteratively a batch file (one of those that are usually run on DOS command prompt). I thought that the best way would be to nest it in a FOR loop in MATLAB; however, I have not been able to run the batch file at least a single time. My question is: how do I run the batch file from an M-file? (I want to do this first before I think about the loop). I'll really appreciate your help. Thanks Pedro R On 2006-09-08 18:53 Pedro Romero said the following: > Hello, > > I need to run iteratively a batch file (one of those that are usually run on DOS command promp...

How to stop Matlab from creating Matlab folder everytime it starts
When I start Matlab a folder ./My Documents/Matlab is created if it does not exist. In fact I have a separate Matlab working folder for Matlab codes, simulation etc. The matlab prompt starts at the desired working folder, but it unnecessarily creates ./My Documents/Matlab folder. How can I stop this? I use Matlab 2008a on WinXP. On Jul 6, 2:05=A0am, "Khairul " <k_ha...@ymail.com> wrote: > When I start Matlab a folder ./My Documents/Matlab is > created if it does not exist. In fact I have a separate > Matlab working folder for Matlab codes, simulation etc. > Th...

Web resources about - Create icon on desktop and run matlab files - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Virtual desktop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... a virtualized environment between the computer platform and its operating system, see Virtual machine . For virtual machines running desktop ...

Polarr Photo Editor gets a Windows 7+ desktop release
Popular mobile and browser-based image editor Polarr Photo Editor is now available in a desktop edition for Windows 7 and later. A Free build ...

This Russian all-in-one desktop is just quirky enough to attract attention
... left over from 1999. The latest entrant seems more promising but is still one to file under "curiosity." It's a 21.5-inch all-in-one desktop ...

Opera's desktop web browser gets built-in ad blocking
If you use a major desktop web browser, you usually have to hunt down an ad blocking add-on if you're determined to purge intrusive promos from ...

Computer Sales Continue to Evolve Away From Desktop PCs, Says Report
As desktop PC sales continue to fade, steady sales of laptops and portables appear to debunk the idea that PCs are dead, the report finds.

AMD, Razer want to standardize external GPUs, bring desktop gaming to ultrabooks
For years, various laptop manufacturers and OEMs have tried to push external graphics chassis into the mainstream, with little success. It looks ...

AMD Enhances Its Desktop Processor Lineup, Which Could Help Increase Its Market Share
Earlier this week, AMD expanded its desktop processor lineup with new processors that deliver superior performance, features, and near-silent ...

Issue references and @mentions for GitHub Desktop
GitHub Desktop on both Windows and Mac now provides suggestions when mentioning team members, referencing Issues, and adding more to your commit ...

Here's How a Desktop Will Look in Virtual Reality
Good, desktop-compatible VR headsets are just about ready to ship to average consumers. In addition to all the demos of skydiving and porn, people ...

There's A Great New Google Music Desktop Player For Mac
There's good news for fans of Google Play Music, the search giant's answer to iTunes and Spotify. An updated version of Google Play Music Desktop ...