Create master file from files in multiple directories

Hello!

I need help with this problem: I have 5 directories (01 02 03 04 05) and in each directory are ~350 files that include a date and time stamp. I want to create a master text file with two columns [ date time] to call out ONLY those date/time steps that are in EVERY directory. I have hit a wall and cannot figure this out. Please help!
0
Angela

On 08/12/2015 3:23 PM, Angela Bowman wrote:
> Hello!
> I need help with this problem: I have 5 directories (01 02 03 04 05) and
> in each directory are ~350 files that include a date and time stamp. I
> want to create a master text file with two columns [ date time] to call
> out ONLY those date/time steps that are in EVERY directory. I have hit a
> wall and cannot figure this out. Please help!

Read each subdirectory keeping an array of datenumbers computed for the
date/time of each individually.  Then a recursive application of
intersect() will pare the final result down to the specific datenums
that exist in all subdirectories and from there it's trivial to write
the desired resulting list.

dpb
8/12/2015 11:50:05 PM
"dpb" wrote in message <mqgm0a$iu0$1@dont-email.me>...
> On 08/12/2015 3:23 PM, Angela Bowman wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I need help with this problem: I have 5 directories (01 02 03 04 05) and
> > in each directory are ~350 files that include a date and time stamp. I
> > want to create a master text file with two columns [ date time] to call
> > out ONLY those date/time steps that are in EVERY directory. I have hit a
> > wall and cannot figure this out. Please help!
>
> Read each subdirectory keeping an array of datenumbers computed for the
> date/time of each individually.  Then a recursive application of
> intersect() will pare the final result down to the specific datenums
> that exist in all subdirectories and from there it's trivial to write
> the desired resulting list.
>
> --

Thank you!!!
0
Angela

Text files read multiple files into single file, and then recreate the multiple files
Hiya, The title says it all really, but im a newbie to python sort of. I can read in files and write files no probs. But what I want to do is read in a couple of files and output them to one single file, but then be able to take this one single file and recreate the files I put into it. Im really at a loss as to how I go about recovering the files? obviously if i scan for a string that specifys the start and end of each file, theres the chance that the file might contain this term to which would split the files into unwanted chucks of file, which wouldnt be wanted. Any ideas? code snippets...

files, directories, files, directories
Hi folks, I've been trying to make a decision and it's driving me crazy. Is a directory a file or is a directory NOT a file but a node? Should I have A) public interface IFile { IFileName FileName; IContent GetContent(); } public interface IDirectory extends IFile { } or B) public interface INode { INodeName NodeName; } public interface IFile extends INode { IContent GetContent(); } public interface IDirectory extends INode { } Method A is nice cause IFile becomes the base "Node" type and you can use names like "IFileName" which sound...

how to create multiple gatelevel files from multiple rtl files during synthesis
When I started this project I only had one file in the prject I got used to the convention of a.v creating a_timesim.v creating a_synthesis.v creating a_timesim.sdf Now that I have 3 modules designed and in separate files I would like to continue the above convention. When I ticked the Generate Multiple Hierarchical Netlist files button I got a,v creates a_a_sim.v b.v creates b_synthese.v Is there any way of continuing the first naming convention. Do I need a different synthesis option or to write a tcl script to do it? Thanks in advance for any pointers. Andy ...

file selection dialog
Hi, I'm looking for a file selection dialog to enable a user select multiple files and these files may be in multiple directories. I think most file selection dialogs will do multiple files in one dir, but don't know if all do it over multiple dirs. Many thanks for a link to module/info to implement this in Tk. Thanks. ...

How to create a .a ( archive ) file from multiple .a files
I m using HP UNIX I wanted to make a single archive file from multiple .a files by pulling in all the .o modules contained within each of these .a files. Thanks --sony sonyantony@hotmail.com writes: > I wanted to make a single archive file from multiple .a files by > pulling in all the .o modules contained within each of these .a files. And what is stopping you from doing that? mkdir tmp.$$ && cd tmp.$$ && ar x ../libfoo.a && ar xv ../libbar.a && ar r ../libcombined.a *.o && cd .. && rm -rf tmp.$$ Cheers, -- In order to unde...

Import Multiple Excel Files into Multiple files or One Single File
I was fiddling around with the code below: cd('C:\Users\Excel\Desktop\Excel_Files') d = dir('*.xls'); nfiles = length(d); data = []; for k = 1:nfiles num = xlsread(d(k).name); end It seems to import all files, but overwrites the data in the file, so only the last file imported is actually stored in the Matlab variable. I am trying to figure out a way to import multiple files into multiple Matlab variables. Also, I am trying to figure out a way to import multiple files into one single Matlab variable. Can someone here give me the code to do that? Thanks!...

coping referenced file into master file , master file then getting corrupted.
hi all, just a quick question, when i copy a referenced file into a master file i notice that the master file gets corrupted. The linework stays correct but the original points, cells and text associated with that point shift. (on average 0.13m) any ideas as to why this happening? i dont get any error messages, the two files are on the same co-ordinates, levels colours, azmuith. im using microstation se on a windows 2000 machine thanks all. ...

Import Multiple Excel Files into Multiple files or One Single File #2
Now, the code below seems ok to me, but when I run it, I get this error: Error in read_all_files_in_folder (line 27) xlswrite(fOut, numData, s); numData: empty 0x0 double %folders = {'C:\Users\Excel\Desktop\Excel_Files\'}; %# get input XLS files dName = uigetdir('.', 'Select folder containing Excel XLS files'); if dName==0, error('No folder selected'); end files = dir( fullfile(dName,'*.xls') ); files = strcat(dName, filesep, {files.name}'); %' %# prepare output XLS file [fName dName] = uiputfile({'*.xls' 'E...

Creating multiple files in matlab
My problem is as follows: I have Matlab variables, which store binary data, named Sequence1 Sequence2 Sequence3 .. .. .. SequenceN I would like to store each individual variable in a separate text file ie Data1.bin Data2.bin Data3.bin .. .. .. DataN.bin I have already created a subroutine that would write a variable into an individual file but I am not sure how to implement this using a for loop to name the files Data1, Data2 and so on upto DataN. Could someone be able to help me. The subroutine I have for writing the file has the following syntax Usage: bin2file(binData, outFile); Arg...

how to create a zip file which contains an empty directory and an file??
Hello mailinglist, I would like to create a zip file which contains an empty directory and a file using wxZlibOutputStream, so I can read this virtual file system using wxFileSystem later. But as I find out wxZlibOutputStream has only write function. Can somebody tell me how to do this. Thanks a lot, Martin --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwindows.org...

Running stand-alone files created by matlab files
I have MS Visual C++ 2005 and 2008 installed in my machine as well as windows 7. Using deplytool (and by choosing a sand-alone windows application) I created a compiled (*.exe) stand-alone file. Everything was going well with no error. But when I want to run the *.exe file, I get the following error: “R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for more information.” I check and did the following solution from mathworks: http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6GDQZ6/index.html?product=...

Create Datasets from Multiple files from a Directory
Hi, I have following TAB delimited files in a directory. These are ascii files only. MSC3.VTTF8134.20030906000100.cc.conv MSC3.VTTF8135.20030906010314.cc.conv MSC3.VTTF8136.20030906012513.cc.conv MSC3.VTTF8137.20030906014711.cc.conv MSC3.VTTF8138.20030906061304.cc.conv I want to create either a single dataset from these files Or create separate datasets from these multiple data files with names as below- MSC3.VTTF8134.20030906000100.cc.conv - SEP1 MSC3.VTTF8135.20030906010314.cc.conv - SEP2 MSC3.VTTF8136.20030906012513.cc.conv - SEP3 MSC3.VTTF8137.20030906014711.cc.conv - SEP4 MSC3.VTTF...

I create .nsf files but .id files are not created
Hi Guys, I 'm a complete noob .. but have experience with Active Directory... like I said .. I look at the data file no .id files but I can see the .nsf files.. odd... I can use my web mail .. not .. LAN. Thanx, ver. 6.5 Al mroscarhernandez@gmail.com wrote: > Hi Guys, > I 'm a complete noob .. but have experience with Active Directory... > like I said .. I look at the data file no .id files > but I can see the .nsf files.. odd... I can use my web mail .. not .. > LAN. > > Thanx, ver. 6.5 > > Al > You might have chosen to put...

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

Web resources about - Create master file from files in multiple directories - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Avicenna Directories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Between 2000-2007, the WHO published the directory electronically, along with updates received after the 2000 print publication. In August 2007, ...

To Complement Its Search Engine, Facebook Launches People, Pages, and Places Directories
Facebook is now closer than ever to becoming the phone book for the internet. The site recently launched a Directory of people , Pages , and ...

Directories
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Princess Diana leaked royal directories to Murdoch tabloid, court hears
The former royal editor of Rupert Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid the News of the World told a court on Thursday that the late Princess ...

Telstra slashes 800 jobs from directories arm Sensis
TELSTRA is slashing 800 jobs from its struggling directories arm Sensis just one month after the telco giant sold a 70 per cent stake in the ...

Government To Stop Publishing Contact Information In Blue Pages Of Phone Directories
... has decided to stop publishing contact information for all of its departments and agencies in the blue pages section of telephone directories.A ...

File System Programming Guide: Accessing Files and Directories
Explains how to create and manage files and directories.

Fixing directories
Web directories are one of the key points of differentiation between plans on the Exchanges. A single company can offer half a dozen networks ...

Welcome to SBJ Local Directories
... newsletters, events, print subscription, digital subscription or other special offers. Welcome to Sacramento Business Journal's local directories. ...

Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch Guides - Directories and guides
The Bradenton Herald is your source for Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch directories and guides.