creating GUI in matlab out of some programs written in matlab

I have written some code in matlab for my application. I want to make a graphical interface so that an user can easily use my code. I do not know, how to link my code or a particular function  when user clicks on a particular button. I mean, how to assign a function written by me to a push button so that it will execute the function. And how to give the input to my function and get output after executing the particular function.
I am quiet familiar with matlab code. But I am absolutely new with GUI in matlab. Please help me to deal with the above problem.

On 4/12/2011 12:37 AM, sk maidul haque wrote:
> I have written some code in matlab for my application.
>  I want to make a graphical interface so that an user can easily use my code.
>  I do not know, how to link my code or a particular function
>  when user clicks on a particular button. I mean, how to assign a
>  function written by me to a push button so that it will execute the function.
>  And how to give the input to my function and get output after
>  executing the particular function.
> I am quiet familiar with matlab code. But I am absolutely new with
>  GUI in matlab. Please help me to deal with the above problem.

Use GUIDE to make the gui. It is very simple and powerful to use.
I use it all the time for my school projects and HW's. I know some
prefer to code the thing by hand, but I prefer GUIDE.

When you add a button in GUIDE, it will create a callback stub for
you automatically. Then go to the stub created, and in there, you can
call your function.

It is really easy. I just created this GUI with guide today
for a HW problem, it took only 4 hrs to do the whole thing.

http://12000.org/my_courses/UC_davis/spring_2011/MAE_121_eng_dynamics/lab/lab_one/index.htm

I am becoming so good at this, I can now make GUI with my eyes closed :)

Just type GUIDE at your matlab window, and start the fun.

--Nasser
0
Nasser
4/12/2011 7:46:32 AM
Why don't you use MAGIC.  It was made for exactly your situation - a
framework and tutorial for learning how to use a GUI for processing
files, setting parameters, visualizing results, etc.

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/24224

Description

This GUI will help the novice user get up to speed very quickly on
using GUI-based applications. Everything is laid out in a very simple
Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, etc. layout. It is a very good starting point
for a typical image analysis application. This application uses GUIDE
to do the user interface design, and has most of the basic controls
such as buttons, listboxes, checkboxes, radio buttons, scrollbars,
etc. It allows the user to select a folder of images, select one or
more images and display them, to select a series of options, and to
individually or batch process one or more images. The user can
optionally apply a mask (region of interest) to the image so that only
the area within the mask will be analyzed. The results are optionally
sent to Excel. In this demo, I do some very basic particle sizing but
in use, the user would replace that simple demo code in the function
AnalyzeSingleImage() with their own code. Works with Windows or Unix
since paths are all forward slashes. Requires the Image Processing
Toolbox to do the simple particle sizing demo, but if you delete that
demo code before using it, then the IP toolbox would not be required
and it would still demonstrate the basic GUI-based file processing
functionality.
0
imageanalyst (7623)

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

MATLAB GUI Programming
Hi, I want a gui where there will be two panels. One panel will have few tabs. On clicking the tabs the content of that panel will change. The other panel will be fixed. How I can do that? ... that tab thing!!! Samiran Dam <samiran.dam@gmail.com> wrote in message <0986556f-3407-408e-8393-368ff2b02534@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, > > I want a gui where there will be two panels. One panel will have few tabs. On clicking the tabs the content of that panel will change. The other panel will be fixed. > > How I can do that? ... that tab thing!!! uitabgroup and uitab, as a warning they are undocumented "Reese" wrote in message <j3irdn$7pi$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Samiran Dam <samiran.dam@gmail.com> wrote in message <0986556f-3407-408e-8393-368ff2b02534@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com>... > > Hi, > > > > I want a gui where there will be two panels. One panel will have few tabs. On clicking the tabs the content of that panel will change. The other panel will be fixed. > > > > How I can do that? ... that tab thing!!! > > uitabgroup and uitab, as a warning they are undocumented http://UndocumentedMatlab.com/blog/tab-panels-uitab-and-relatives/ Yair Altman http://UndocumentedMatlab.com Samiran Dam <samiran.dam@gmail.com> wrote in message <0986556f-3407-408e-8393-368ff2b02534@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, > > I wa...

embedded matlab function MATLAB R2009a
I downloaded the MS visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and the SDK as detailed in http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/?solution=1-6IJJ3L My embedded function didnt work at the beginning because I did "mex -setup" before I installed my SDK. But after I installed the SDK, I ran "mex -setup" in Matlab once again and choose the MS visual C++2008 as my compiler. Then, my embedded matlab function worked. Thanks to the contribution from above! ...

C++ Mex file crashes matlab on 64bit linux, but not 32 bit windows, but program runs fine outside Matlab
Hello, I have written a mex gateway function to a C++ class. If I compile this mex function on 32Bit windows using R2008a I have no problems. If I compile and run on Matlab R2011a running 64bit Scientific Linux (a version of Red Hat Enterprize Linux) matlab exits with a segfault when the mexfunction is called, although it appears to run about halfway through the program. The C++ class can be compiled and run (with a main function) outside of Matlab on both platforms with no errors. I am using Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition on the windows machine, and gcc 4.4.5 on the Linux machine. Can anyone suggest what the cause of this might be and how I can I fix it? I am having a hard time debugging on Linux as I do not have access to a graphical debugger for use with matlab and am unfamiliar with gdb. This is compounded by the fact that the program compiles and runs fine when compiled as a standalone program. A zip file containing the code and data files necessary to reproduce the problem can be downloaded from http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~s0237326/downloads/mexcrash.zip. This zip file contains the .m and .cpp source code, and a text file for testing (Temp.fem). The file fmehsersetup.m shows the commands I am using to compile. The file Test_mexfmesher.m runs the mexfunction with an appropriate input for testing. The mex gateway function is mexfmesher.cpp, it calls the fmesher class which is made up of the files in the fmesher directory. Below is a backtrace from the se...

code of matlab 7a not working in matlab 2009
I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks "moonman" wrote in message <ipmsl7$23v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there > then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working > > If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks Can you be more specific about the fact that your code is not working in 2009a but worked in 2007a? It would be helpful if you could narrow down what is not working in 2009a and provide error messages. Wayne ok thanks wyne i will send error message after some hours ...

Why does Matlab do this
What is happening when I type rand(1:10) at the command line? Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? Thanks "Robert" wrote in message <j64asi$5v4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > What is happening when I type > rand(1:10) > at the command line? > > Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? > Thanks Hi Robert, You're create a 10-D array with that syntax. Do you just want a vector of 10 uniformly distributed random numbers. x = rand(10,1); % or x = rand(1,10); Wayne Hi Wayne, You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! Thanks for the explanation. Robert "Robert" wrote in message <j64d2h$dvo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi Wayne, > You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! > Thanks for the explanation. > Robert That's fine. Welcome to MATLAB!!! If that's the worst memory-intensive mistake you ever make, you'll be fine :) I've done much, much worse. Wayne ...

Matlab 2011: matlab coder (build failed)
When I create a MATLAB Coder Project and try to convert this function: ------------------------- function y = myResampler(x,m,n) %#codegen fsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; targetFsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; fs = fsVec(m); targetFs = targetFsVec(n); y = resample(x,targetFs,fs); ------------------------- to C-code I get a build error saying: coder -build resamplerproj.prj ??? The upsample factor P must be constant. Error in ==> myResampler Line: 12 Column: 5 Code generation failed: Open error report. But I want to be able to resample x using a variable P/Q ratio. Is this just a limitation of Matlab Coder or am I doing something wrong?? John wrote: > When I create a MATLAB Coder Project and try to convert this function: > > ------------------------- > function y = myResampler(x,m,n) %#codegen > > fsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; > targetFsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; > > fs = fsVec(m); > targetFs = targetFsVec(n); > > y = resample(x,targetFs,fs); > ------------------------- > > to C-code I get a build error saying: > > coder -build resamplerproj.prj ??? The upsample factor P must be > constant. Error in ==> myResampler Line: 12 Column: 5 Code generation > failed: Open error report. > > > > But I want to be able to resample x using a variable P/Q ratio. > > Is this just a limitation of Matlab Coder or am I doing something wrong?? Apparently it's a limitation of RESAMPLE ...

Problem in coding GUI program in Matlab
I try to run GUI program in Matlab but it can connect each other I have main page window GUI, when I click the start button it will appear the run window GUI. Then when I try to run, it occur error I don't understand what is the error is about ??? Attempt to reference field of non-structure array. Error in ==> kejebaru>pushbutton1_Callback at 104 n=str2num(get(handles.input,'string')); Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 96 feval(varargin{:}); Error in ==> kejebaru at 42 gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:}); Error in ==> @(hObject,eventdata)kejebaru('pushbutton1_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject)) ??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback May anyone help me please. Tq ...

To create a button for browsing a directory in Matlab GUI
can somebody tell me how to create a button in matlab GUI that will allow user to browse through the directories to give final destination directory where the user want to save some data. I am precisely asking about creating a button to give destination path to the matlab by browsing. "sk maidul haque" <skmaidulhaque@gmail.com> wrote in message news:j6haid$dt2$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > can somebody tell me how to create a button in matlab GUI that will allow > user to browse through the directories to give final destination directory > where the user want to save some data. I am precisely asking about > creating a button to give destination path to the matlab by browsing. Have your button uicontrol's Callback function call the UIGETDIR function. http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/uigetdir.html -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Matlab automation server and Matlab Compiler Run Time
I did a simple excel macro which runs matlab functions sucessfully in a machine with Matlab installed. Now I want to run it in a computer without matlab, with "MATLAB Compiler Run Time" installed. I can add the Matlb automation server type file (mlapp.tlb) sucessfully, but when I try to run it, I get this error: "ActiveX component can't create object" In this line: Set matlab = New MLApp.MLApp Do you know what is missing? Thanks ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

qustion about make tow faces by matlab program by using GUI
Hi I need some help I need to make tow faces by matlab program by using GUI as:the first it's name A and the secound it's name B , so How I can transfer from A to B to show B and hide A and invert I wish you can give me a code or example a bout this opreation . ...

how to programming Matlab api Engine programming with Csharp
thank you first there are some resources about Matlab API engine programming with csharp? waiting for your reply! yours:king ...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos_max(end) = pos_max(end) + pos - 1; if m > major_th major_peak_value(end+1) = m; else minor_peak_value(end+1) = m; end % exit the peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) < minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; % Find the beginning of the next peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) > minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; end pos_max(2) = []; plot(u); hold on; plot(pos_max,u(pos_max),'ro'); %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% I think i don't need this plot command as I will see the result in the scope directly. Any suggestion will be very useful. Thanking you! Prashant "Prashant Sandhi" wrote in message <jafvj8$soq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Dear friends, > > I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simu...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

different results in function regress from MATLAB 6.5 to MATLAB 7.0
Hello , anybody knows when I execute the function "regress" to this model (STAR(1)) Yt = 1 - 0-5Yt-1 - (4 + 0.4Yt-1)G(gamma*Yt-1) + et, where G(z) =1/ [1 + exp(-z)], gamma=4; et=N(0,1) I obtain different radically different results from matlab 6.5 to matlab 7.0 that with other models??Any suggestion to avoid this problem??? On May 25, 4:40=A0am, "Kun Aguero" <isildur20022...@yahoo.es> wrote: > Hello , anybody knows when I execute the function "regress" to this model= (STAR(1)) > Yt =3D 1 - 0-5Yt-1 - (4 + 0.4Yt-1)G(gamma*Yt-1) + et, where G(z) =3D1/ [1= + exp(-z)], > gamma=3D4; > > et=3DN(0,1) > I obtain different radically different results from matlab 6.5 to matlab = 7.0 that with other models??Any suggestion to avoid this problem??? Please show the relevant code. Hope this helps. Greg Well,I have made several tests and this is the result: -When I use the function regress in this format in matlab 6.5, it works: [B1,BINT1,R_X,RINT1,STATS1]=regress(X(2:length(X))',[ones(length(X)-1,1),X(1:length(X)-1)']); -When I use the same format in matlab 7.0 it doesn't works, but if I use this format: [B1,BINT1,R_X,RINT1,STATS1]=regress(X(2:length(X))',X(1:length(X)-1)'); It works in matlab 7.0. Then I think the problem is how the function regress treats the independent term in both versions?? regards Greg Heath <heath@alumni.brown.edu> wrote in message <69879944-34b7-4262-a193-0bb545d8cf99@...

Web resources about - creating GUI in matlab out of some programs written in matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Wikipedia:Creating a bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is often far simpler to request a bot job from an existing bot. If you have only periodic requests or are uncomfortable with programming languages, ...

Sandi Krakowski’s Tips for Creating Great Content
Quick tips to help you create great content for your business.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook simplifies process for creating repeat events
Facebook introduced a new feature for events this week that allows users to quickly create a similar event as one they previously hosted or attended. ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Great Startup Culture
... with any Bay Area startup these days (ping pong, beer on tap, catered lunches and Macbook Airs) – though these things are, of course, Creating ...

Campus Coaches: Creating a culture of wellness, one school at a time on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Campus Coaches: Creating a culture of wellness, one school at a ...

Creating Economic Dynamism: Joseph E. Stiglitz
DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 25JAN13 - Joseph E. Stiglitz, Professor, Columbia University, USA talks during the session 'Creating Economic Dynamism' at ...

PCB Tip, tip for creating pads on continuously coated PCB's - YouTube
Up date...SEE THIS UPDATED VIDEO... http://youtu.be/RKdsXU5iIF0 . I've been building some QRP transmitters and I see that some folk are cutting ...