data grid in matlab gui

sir,
 i could connect my sql database in matlab gui.. is there any to display database as datagrid?

pls help me to solve the problem

Regards
Jinesh
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

creating GUI in matlab out of some programs written in matlab
I have written some code in matlab for my application. I want to make a graphical interface so that an user can easily use my code. I do not know, how to link my code or a particular function when user clicks on a particular button. I mean, how to assign a function written by me to a push button so that it will execute the function. And how to give the input to my function and get output after executing the particular function. I am quiet familiar with matlab code. But I am absolutely new with GUI in matlab. Please help me to deal with the above problem. On 4/12/2011 12:37 AM, sk maidul haque wrote: > I have written some code in matlab for my application. > I want to make a graphical interface so that an user can easily use my code. > I do not know, how to link my code or a particular function > when user clicks on a particular button. I mean, how to assign a > function written by me to a push button so that it will execute the function. > And how to give the input to my function and get output after > executing the particular function. > I am quiet familiar with matlab code. But I am absolutely new with > GUI in matlab. Please help me to deal with the above problem. Use GUIDE to make the gui. It is very simple and powerful to use. I use it all the time for my school projects and HW's. I know some prefer to code the thing by hand, but I prefer GUIDE. When you add a button in GUIDE, it will create a callback stub for you automatically...

Matlab Tutorial 10 – Matlab GUI tutorial
http://learnbyexamples.org Why use a GUI in MATLAB? The main reason GUIs are used is because it makes things simple for the end-users of the program. If GUIs were not used, people would have to work from the command line interface, which can be extremely difficult and fustrating. Imagine if you had to input text commands to operate your web browser (yes, your web browser is a GUI too!). It wouldn’t be very practical would it? In this tutorial, we will create a simple GUI that will add together two numbers, displaying the answer in a designated text field. This tutorial is written for those with little or no experience creating a MATLAB GUI (Graphical User Interface). Basic knowledge of MATLAB is not required, but recommended. MATLAB version 2007a is used in writing this tutorial. Both earlier versions and new versions should be compatible as well (as long as it isn’t too outdated). Lets get started! http://learnbyexamples.org/matlab/matlab-tutorial-10-%E2%80%93-matlab-gui-tutorial.html ...

Changing plot data in a Matlab GUI
I have two problems I am working on. I have a mfile that I am running and I want to show some plots of the data I am using in the mfile in a GUI which has 3 different axes. My first problem is determining how to send the data to the desired GUI axes. I tried finding the handle for the axes I want but am only able to determine the handle for the GUI. Since I haven't been able to do that I still don't know how to actually update it with the most recent plot. The second issue is that I want to be able to use the GUI to change variables in the mfile while running to alter the filter I am using to the new parameters. So I need to be able to address those and update them with new values. Any help will be greatly appreciated... thanks ... S ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

Spawning matlab from within matlab
Hello all, I would like to spawn multiple matlab processes from an '.m' script. Meaning, run an m-file from a 'parent' Matlab that launches, say, 8 more 'children' matlab processes. I'd like to do it in such a way that the same m-file in the 'parent' is able to close down, or kill, all the 'children' processes. Any suggestions? Joe ...

real-time plot the data acquired by daq cards in MATLAB GUI
Hey guys, I am new to MATLAB GUI. Now I need to build a real-time monitoring system using MATLAB GUI. The first task is to use the DAQ card to acquire the analog signal and plot them out in GUI in real-time. I have used DAQ before, but without the GUI. I got very confused when I read some sources on the internet about writing a callback function to acquire data continuously in GUI. Has somebody done similar thing before and willing to share the program for me to study? Or you have some great source for me to read? Thank you guys. ...

How can I communicate with matlab GUI outside the GUI file?
Hi, I want to know if there is some option to write to MATLAB GUI ( created by GUIDE) data from other files. Let's say I have some text box that I want to send data to, in the usual file created by guide, you can simply write : set(handles.edit1,'string',something); now let's say that I have 2 files : - GUI file - engine file I want to write directly from the engine file to the GUI, how can I do that? (without passing the data to the GUI file ) On 3/3/2011 4:43 PM, Eizo2 wrote: > Hi, > I want to know if there is some option to write to MATLAB GUI > ( created by GUIDE) data from other files. > > Let's say I have some text box that I want to send data to, in the > usual file created by guide, you can simply write : > > set(handles.edit1,'string',something); > > now let's say that I have 2 files : > > - GUI file > - engine file > > I want to write directly from the engine file to the GUI, how can I do > that? (without passing the data to the GUI file ) > I do not understand what you mean by "passing the data to the GUI file" ? How does one "pass" data to a file? A file is just a file that sits on a disk. There is GUI and there are callbacks. That is all. Callbacks are functions which are called by the GUI automatically due to an event occurring. To interface to GUI (read and write to GUI), one uses callbacks. If you have a function that wants to write to the GU...

embedded matlab function MATLAB R2009a
I downloaded the MS visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and the SDK as detailed in http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/?solution=1-6IJJ3L My embedded function didnt work at the beginning because I did "mex -setup" before I installed my SDK. But after I installed the SDK, I ran "mex -setup" in Matlab once again and choose the MS visual C++2008 as my compiler. Then, my embedded matlab function worked. Thanks to the contribution from above! ...

code of matlab 7a not working in matlab 2009
I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks "moonman" wrote in message <ipmsl7$23v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there > then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working > > If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks Can you be more specific about the fact that your code is not working in 2009a but worked in 2007a? It would be helpful if you could narrow down what is not working in 2009a and provide error messages. Wayne ok thanks wyne i will send error message after some hours ...

Data normalisation in MATLAB
Hi fellow forum members, I was wondering if there is a function/code in MATLAB that could do the following. Say, I collect one second of data on two independant systems on the same variable. One at 100Hz, and one at 200Hz. I now have two data sets showing the same thing, but one has 100 data points, and the other 200. Is there a function where I could reduce the data set with 200 points to 100, to match the data with 100? I'm sure there is a simple way to do this. Any ideas? Many thanks, Sam. SamU <samuel.urwin@unn.ac.uk> wrote in message <1204538556.164710.1265991854530.JavaMail.root@gallium.mathforum.org>... > Hi fellow forum members, > > I was wondering if there is a function/code in MATLAB that could do the following. > > Say, I collect one second of data on two independant systems on the same variable. One at 100Hz, and one at 200Hz. I now have two data sets showing the same thing, but one has 100 data points, and the other 200. > > Is there a function where I could reduce the data set with 200 points to 100, to match the data with 100? > > I'm sure there is a simple way to do this. > > Any ideas? > > Many thanks, > > Sam. Hi Sam, if you have the Signal Processing Toolbox, you can use resample(), or decimate() >>doc resample >>doc decimate Hope that helps, Wayne SamU wrote: > Is there a function where I could reduce the data set with 200 points to 100, to match the data...

streaming data with MATLAB
Does anyone know of a way to get streaming data from external devices into MATLAB and then sending the data to a server and being displayed on the network??? ...

MATLAB GUI Programming
Hi, I want a gui where there will be two panels. One panel will have few tabs. On clicking the tabs the content of that panel will change. The other panel will be fixed. How I can do that? ... that tab thing!!! Samiran Dam <samiran.dam@gmail.com> wrote in message <0986556f-3407-408e-8393-368ff2b02534@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, > > I want a gui where there will be two panels. One panel will have few tabs. On clicking the tabs the content of that panel will change. The other panel will be fixed. > > How I can do that? ... that tab thing!!! uitabgroup and uitab, as a warning they are undocumented "Reese" wrote in message <j3irdn$7pi$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Samiran Dam <samiran.dam@gmail.com> wrote in message <0986556f-3407-408e-8393-368ff2b02534@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com>... > > Hi, > > > > I want a gui where there will be two panels. One panel will have few tabs. On clicking the tabs the content of that panel will change. The other panel will be fixed. > > > > How I can do that? ... that tab thing!!! > > uitabgroup and uitab, as a warning they are undocumented http://UndocumentedMatlab.com/blog/tab-panels-uitab-and-relatives/ Yair Altman http://UndocumentedMatlab.com Samiran Dam <samiran.dam@gmail.com> wrote in message <0986556f-3407-408e-8393-368ff2b02534@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, > > I wa...

MATLAB GUI #33
How to do event handling in MATLAB GUI ? How to intergrate MATLAB code with jave or .NET where more efficient and better GUIs can be developed ? On Jan 17, 11:55=A0am, "Nitin Gove" <gove...@gmail.com> wrote: > How to do event handling in MATLAB GUI ? How to intergrate MATLAB code wi= th > jave or .NET where more efficient and better GUIs can be developed ? -------------------------------------------- There is a toolbox, called NE Builder I think, where you can call MATLAB code from your .Net project. ...

MATLAB GUI COUNTER
can you help with my project? this is about a program that will count up or count down if the respective push button is pressed. I dont know how to do the program., just the GUI design with the text and the 2 push buttons. PLS., HELP me.. :C "Kent " <devilinious_inferno666@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jkkejc$g2n$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > can you help with my project? > > this is about a program that will count up or count down if the respective > push button is pressed. I dont know how to do the program., just the GUI > design with the text and the 2 push buttons. > > PLS., HELP me.. :C It sounds like you've set up the layout for your GUI, now you just need to program the guts. http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/creating_guis/f10-998197.html http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/creating_guis/f16-998197.html -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

importing data in matlab
i have some eeg data in bdf format , i want to import data in Matlab can any one help me? Data is downloaded from e'enterface06 multimodal emotion detection. Thanks in advance. I found on file exchange: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/13070-eeg-bdf-reader ------------------------------------ Maxim Vedenev, Matlab freelancer vedenev@ngs.ru http://simulations.narod.ru/ ...

how to do this in matlab
Number of column: 5 Vector A: [ 2 4 6 7 8 ] Vector B : [ 5 7 8 10 1] Choice = 1 : Find the highest value Vector A : 8 Vector B: 10 The highest value : 10 Choice = 2 : Find the lowest value Vector A : 2 Vector B: 1 The highest value : 1 Choice = 3 : Find the average value of : Vector A Vector B "Syamil " <syamilsaid@gmail.com> wrote in message <inq3g8$hhd$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Number of column: 5 > Vector A: [ 2 4 6 7 8 ] > Vector B : [ 5 7 8 10 1] > > Choice = 1 : Find the highest value > Vector A : 8 > Vector B: 10 > The highest value : 10 > > Choice = 2 : Find the lowest value > Vector A : 2 > Vector B: 1 > The highest value : 1 > > Choice = 3 : Find the average value of : > Vector A > Vector B Type in matlab: doc min doc max doc mean ...

FastICA Matlab GUI
I am trying to analyze EEG channels using FastICA GUI for Matlab 7.x I can enter the data and click the buttons but am very confused about the output. Does anyone know what output is the factor loadings? And also, does anyone know how to find what factors account for what percent of the variance? Thank you! Kim ...

Matlab 2011: matlab coder (build failed)
When I create a MATLAB Coder Project and try to convert this function: ------------------------- function y = myResampler(x,m,n) %#codegen fsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; targetFsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; fs = fsVec(m); targetFs = targetFsVec(n); y = resample(x,targetFs,fs); ------------------------- to C-code I get a build error saying: coder -build resamplerproj.prj ??? The upsample factor P must be constant. Error in ==> myResampler Line: 12 Column: 5 Code generation failed: Open error report. But I want to be able to resample x using a variable P/Q ratio. Is this just a limitation of Matlab Coder or am I doing something wrong?? John wrote: > When I create a MATLAB Coder Project and try to convert this function: > > ------------------------- > function y = myResampler(x,m,n) %#codegen > > fsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; > targetFsVec = [8000 16000 32000 48000]; > > fs = fsVec(m); > targetFs = targetFsVec(n); > > y = resample(x,targetFs,fs); > ------------------------- > > to C-code I get a build error saying: > > coder -build resamplerproj.prj ??? The upsample factor P must be > constant. Error in ==> myResampler Line: 12 Column: 5 Code generation > failed: Open error report. > > > > But I want to be able to resample x using a variable P/Q ratio. > > Is this just a limitation of Matlab Coder or am I doing something wrong?? Apparently it's a limitation of RESAMPLE ...

Matlab GUI #35
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=231890073597529&set=a.189231197863417.41143.100003296140487&type=1&theater I wanted to create a gui using matlab, which is supposed to look lyk the pic above.. wanted to know, is it possible to have the desire text in a text box? secondly, will it be possible for me to get them scrolled down too ?? i learned about textboxes and annotations too..but i dont think they'll work here. can it all be possible with matlab gui or i'll have to switch over to another language? ...

how to read data into matlab
HI I have a dataset like this: 0001 1111111111111101111111001111010100100000 0002 1111111111100111111010101000010000000000 0003 1111111010111100010000010100010000000000 0004 1111111111111111111111111101000001000000 0005 0110010011010111100000000000000000000000 0006 1101111101111101101000110010100000000010 0007 1100000011010000001010000000000000000000 In total, 1000 rows. Now I want to read the first four columns as one variable, and for the rest, each column as an individual variable. There is one column space between column 4 and column 6. I tried dlmread, but was returned with nonsense data like this dlmread('Resp_R2_T6_c1.dat','') ans = 1.0e+039 * 0.0000 1.1111 0.0000 1.1111 0.0000 1.1111 0.0000 1.1111 Can somebody kindly show me how to achieve my goals? Many thanks! Wei "Wei" wrote in message <iuiojq$8tv$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > HI > > I have a dataset like this: > 0001 1111111111111101111111001111010100100000 > 0002 1111111111100111111010101000010000000000 > 0003 1111111010111100010000010100010000000000 > 0004 1111111111111111111111111101000001000000 > 0005 0110010011010111100000000000000000000000 > 0006 1101111101111101101000110010100000000010 > 0007 1100000011010000001010000000000000000000 > > In total, 1000 rows. > > Now I want to read the first four columns as one variable, and for the rest, each column as an individual variable. There ...

Matlab Compiler for GUI
Dear Matlab users I have an Access database. I have written a main GUI in matlab that opens other GUI menus that import data and analyse the data from the database. To the GUI's I have also written some function files. In all I have maybe 15 function files and 10 GUI function files in matlab. I want to create an exe-file of my GUI's with function files. Is it possible to make an exe-file from that many GUI and function files? The only toolbox I have used is the database toolbox and also some java code. I have read a few articles about the matlab compiler and it seems like I have to write something like this in the command window: mcc -B sgl FUN1 Where FUN1 is the GUI function file, but in my situation I have a main GUI with 25 other GUI and function files that also need to be compiled to an exe file. How do I do that? I am open for other suggestions how I can make an exe file that users without matlab can run. /Robin Robin wrote: > Dear Matlab users > > I have an Access database. I have written a main GUI in matlab that > opens other GUI menus that import data and analyse the data from the > database. To the GUI's I have also written some function files. In all I > have maybe 15 function files and 10 GUI function files in matlab. I want > to create an exe-file of my GUI's with function files. Is it possible to > make an exe-file from that many GUI and function files? The only toolbox > I have used is the database toolb...

Web resources about - data grid in matlab gui - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...