debugging mex file from VS 2008, must reopen MATLAB

I have been building and debugging mex files in Visual Studio for many years.  For as long as I can remember, I was able to build my solution, attach to a MATLAB, and debug.  Then, if I needed to alter my mex dll, I could clear functions in MATLAB, update my dll code, rebuild, reattach to the same MATLAB process, and go on my merry way.

Recently, I have been unable to keep using the same MATLAB when debugging.  The MATLAB will pick up the changes to my mex dll, but it will no longer stop at VS breakpoints.  Instead, I must close MATLAB, open a new one, and attach my VS debug to that new MATLAB process.

Has anyone else seen this change in behavior?  Does anyone know what caused it or, even better, how to solve it?

Thanks
0
Jeremy
12/6/2010 2:51:07 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206994 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Command for converting text file (Windows CR) to text file (Linux) ?
Assume I trasferred/uploaded a text file (which was created on a Win system) to Linux system. How can I convert the eol chars to the Linux style ? I opened (and later saved) it in vi editor. But this didn't help. What else can I do to convert it? Karl In article <475ef469$0$17522$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net>, Karl Medrell <k.medrell@hotmail.com> wrote: >Assume I trasferred/uploaded a text file (which was created on a Win >system) to Linux system. > >How can I convert the eol chars to the Linux style ? > >I opened (and later saved) it in vi editor...

Mex and Matlab Code
Using the Concept from http://in.mathworks.com/help/coder/examples/c-code-generation-for-a-matlab-kalman-filtering-algorithm.html?prodcode=ME&language=en I have done : function out = sum_it(a,b) out = a + b; >> codegen -args {2.0 3.0} sum_it.m My Test Function : ip1 = rand(100,1); ip2 = rand(100,1); for j = 1:20 tic() for i = 1:len Pa(i) = sum_it(ip1(i), ip2(i)); end a(j) = toc(); tic() for i = 1:len Pb(i) = sum_it_mex(ip1(i), ip2(i)); end b(j) = toc(); fprintf('%f %f\n',mean(a),mean(b)) ...

FAQ 5.19 How can I lock a file? #2 334038
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.19: How can I lock a file? Perl's builtin flock() function (see perlfunc for details) will call flock(2) if that exists, fcntl(2) if it doesn't (on perl version 5.004 and later), and lockf(3) if neither of the two previous system calls exists. On some sys...

SWks 2004 File Size Changes
I see some files formerly 5-6 megs quickly balloon to 14 megs. Save As and they return to 4-5 megs. Save again and they hit back toward 12-13 megs. Why the bloat? Bo Bo Clawson wrote: > I see some files formerly 5-6 megs quickly balloon to 14 megs. > > Save As and they return to 4-5 megs. > > Save again and they hit back toward 12-13 megs. > > Why the bloat? One word. Microsoft. SW uses OLE Structured Storage for its file format, which is the soruce of the wild swings in file size. Jim S. -- Remove my extraneous mandibular appendages to reply via email. Par...

Debugging a script
I've got a (python) program which crashes. WHat I'd like to do is something loke this: try: lots of stuff, or more pertinintly, the code which is failing except: drop in to the debugger So that I can print various things. Also, is there a way to display the line number - eg: except something: print ("DEBUG: exception %s at line number %s" % (sys.exc_type, sys.linenumber)) Thanks Python 2.3 (#1, Sep 11 2003, 14:36:40) -- #include <wit> At 2/1/2004 20:23, you wrote: >I'...

app failed to open a big xml file
------_=_NextPart_001_01C675CB.A1116E24 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. =20 When my app opens a xml file, say, a few tens of mb in size, it works fine but with a xml file over 280mb in size, it fails . Waiting prompt at the code is as .... wxWindowDisabler disableAll; wxBusyInfo wait("Please wait, loading and parsing a file ..."); .... =20 And wxBusyInfo window stays there until window xp popped error report if I keep waiting =20 =20 here is MS WindowXP bug report file. =20 ...

passing a ML structure to mex
Dear Community, I have a Matlab structure with numerous variables, which I want to pass to my cmex function. Since cmex can only have a limited number of inputs, and a lot of inputs makes the calling of the function during longer, I was thinking of passing the structure itself to cmex. I read contradictory things on the internet, on how it is possible to pass a Matlab structure? Does anyone know this firmly, or does someone have a minimal example for this? thanks in advance and kind regards, razora "razora" <kizzie1@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3367705.1189684...

Saving file to specific location
hi, i am saving a file, using a custom filename that contains the date: filename = sprintf('File-%s',datestr(now,30)); how can i save this file, with this filename to a specific location, say, 'C:\MATLAB\Work'? if i try this command, save('C:\MATLAB\Work\filename) it only save a file named 'filename', and not with the required name. any help would be appreciated! thanks, db Try this pathname = 'C:\Matlab\Work\'; fullname = [pathname,filename]; save(fullname) In your code, the actual filename variable has not been substituted into '...\filena...

Ajax: Problems with Javascript debugging
Hello I am teaching myself AJAX, and have now gotten to the point where syntax errors are removed. I am using Javascript and HTML for now, to get a dropdown menu. The failed script follows an example in Steven Holzner's Ajax Bible pp 379-400. It is located at http://hackingajax.alimentarus.net/sixth.shtml I have tried ddd, greasemonkey, and a number of other debuggers, including firefox's own error console, under Linux. All of them have seem to have this same screwball way of numbering the lines. Apparently the error is being reported on line 344 on a file which has only 150 or so l...

pb download file on internet site
hi, no errors in my code, but not downloaded file on my disk . getstore ($url, $filename) not working? i don't know, any ideas? thanks, #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use LWP::UserAgent; use LWP::Simple; use HTML::SimpleLinkExtor; my $base='https://username:password@www.mysite.com/index.html'; my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new(agent => 'Mozilla/4.73 [en] (X11; I; Linux 2.2.16 i686; Nav)' ); my $req = HTTP::Request->new( GET => "${base}" ); my $res = $ua->request($req); die $res->status_line if not $res->is_success; my $ext...

How do I use Lattice Mico32's debug-engine on a non-Lattice FPGA?
I've figured out how to compile the RTL in Xilinx ISE Webpack9.2i and Altera Quurtus II 7.1. (It just took a few simple RTL-edits.) But what about the JTAG-debug unit? It seems to use the Lattice's JTAG-block. Can I just replace this with a generic JTAG TAP-controller, and then use a Xilinx-hosted Mico32 with a Lattice download-cable? On 18 Jul., 07:55, "Ssa" <s...@djfs.com> wrote: > I've figured out how to compile the RTL in Xilinx ISE Webpack9.2i and Altera > Quurtus II 7.1. (It just took a few simple RTL-edits.) > > But what about the JTAG-d...

debug
Hello, how can i debug an linked VO-App, like debugging with the IDE. Juergen GoVest is your only hope. "J�rgen Knauf" <J.Knauf@kp-software.de> wrote in message news:bq72ak$lak$1@online.de... > Hello, > > how can i debug an linked VO-App, like debugging with the IDE. > > Juergen > > ...

problem accessing program files on Windows XP network
Hi. I just set up a p2p Windows XP network at home. Everything works fine, I can share files and my DSL internet connection, except I cannot access "Program Files" and "Documents and Settings" Folders on the other network computer; I get the following message: "H:\Program Files is not accessible. Access is denied" Does anyone know how to fix that ? Thanks CMM "CMM" <mihaiyx@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f9681066.0308021458.2219a88d@posting.google.com... > Hi. > I just set up a p2p Windows XP network at home. Everything works fine, > I...

Debug
Hi, I need to debug my C++ program, and I am using Microsoft VC++ ver 6. Does anyone know how I can trace and debug it? Thanks-Rob > I need to debug my C++ program, and I am using Microsoft VC++ ver 6. > Does anyone know how I can trace and debug it? How about using the build-in debugger (just press F11)? A quick look at the menu should be enough to figure that one out. BTW. MSVC specific questions like this one should be asked in one of the microsoft.public.vc.* groups. -- Peter van Merkerk peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl ...

How to generate .wav files from sound pressure data
Hi, &nbsp; I have sound pressure data (as dB values)&nbsp;vs frequency data. How can I create a playable&nbsp;.wav file based on above? &nbsp; Note: I do NOT have sound pressure vs time data &nbsp; I am working in LV 7.1 FDS on Win2000. If really required, I can incorporate VIs from sound and vibration toolkit (version 1.0). However, I would prefer a solution that does not need me to do that. &nbsp; Thanks in anticipation, Gurdas Gurdas, You are right in what you are trying to do can probably be done without the sound and vibration toolkit.&nbsp; In general, that t...

OpenQM Tip of the Week: Debugging Phantom Processes
Hi all, Last weeks Tip of the Week on process dump files prompted a request for this week's article. www.openqm.com/tow.htm Martin Phillips, Ladybridge Systems Ltd ...

Can�t debug Library
Hy! I have got a big problem. I got an application which loads a library at runtime. Now I want to debug this Libraray with KDBG. I can set breakpoints in the source code of the application. But I can�t set them in my Library. I builded the library wiht Debug Information. Can anaybody help me out? Ronny ...

Send excel file as attachment using Crontab?
I am very inexperiaced with Linux or Unix or any ...x for that matter. What im trying to do after some research is just send a excel file to an email address once a month. Is there any easy way to do this? I think the os being used is Linux RedHat..if that makes a difference. Like i said clueless. Thank you for any help. krebs44@gmail.com wrote: > I am very inexperiaced with Linux or Unix or any ...x for that matter. > What im trying to do after some research is just send a excel file to > an email address once a month. Is there any easy way to do this? I And the problem with ...

Calls for Papers Reminder: International Conference on Communications Systems and Technologies (ICCST 2008)
Calls for Papers Reminder: International Conference on Communications Systems and Technologies (ICCST 2008) From: International Association of Engineers (IAENG) San Francisco, USA, 22-24 October, 2008 http://www.iaeng.org/WCECS2008/ICCST2008.html The conference ICCST'08 is held under the World Congress on Engineering 2008. The WCECS 2008 is organized by the International Association of Engineers (IAENG), a non-profit international association for the engineers and the computer scientists. The conference has the focus on the frontier topics in the theoretical and applied engineering and co...

Toshiba Disc Creator vs. BurnAware, CDBurnerXP InfraRecorder
Can anyone share their opinion of how Toshiba Disc Creator compares with the high-profile free burners BurnAware, CDBurnerXP (without Open Candy), and InfraRecorder? The context is data backups rather than music/video. Multisession (preferrably maximized for readability with existing disc readers) is highly valued. The reason why I'm asking is because I own only one computer, a Toshiba Satellite A660. I sussing out the possibility that there may be synergy advantages from using a Toshiba burner on a Toshiba platform, though I fully prepared for the possibilit that there isn...

PHP5 rc2 generates a notice for empty file uploades
Hi guys, We've updated our dev copy of PHP5 to RC2 and I've noticed that if I include a file upload form element and submit the form without selecting a file it generates a "Notice: No file uploaded in Unknown on line 0" error. Is there any way to get it to stop generating those notices? I don't want to turn notice reporting off as they're useful while developing, but I don't want that notice happening whenever a file upload is not required as it breaks redirect and messes the page up unnecessarily. Also on our production server we've set up an error notifi...

Debug vs no debug mode
My VI reads a waveform from oscilloscope. If I work in debug the results are OK, in no debug mode NO. SYSTEM: LabVIEW v6.1, Windows 2000, PCI-GPIB If you mean by "debug" that the highlighting is switched on (Data flow shown graphically as it happens) then your problem is most likely timing. LabVIEW operates many operations in parallel (or almost at least) unless there's data dependency between functions. If one function relies on another, but they aren't linked by data flow, it can happen that they're executed in the wrong order without highlighting. WITH highlighting...

Strange "ruby -r debug t.rb" for PickAxe ver. 2's Fibonacci example
Following are two examples of using ruby-debug on PickAxe ver. 2 Fibonacci example: 1) t.rb executed with "ruby -t debug t.rb", which lists ruby_debug.rb code rather than t.rb code; and 2) t2,rb (with embedded "require 'ruby-debug'") run with "ruby t2.rb" and correctly lists t2.rb code. I'm running: ruby 1.8.6 ruby-debug 0.10.3 (I believe; I list the gem info below) WinXP-PRo/SP3 I hope the two listing present the issue clearly. Thanks in Advance, Richard Command Window execution #1 for "ruby -t debug t.rb" -------------...

What to use to play .img files with ac3?
Just made the img file and want to check it before burning. Help much appreciated. TIA MR "Madra Rua" <madra@rua.net> wrote in message news:SJ%vc.21324$Tn6.15414@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Just made the img file and want to check it before burning. > > Help much appreciated. Maybe use something like isobuster to open the .img and save the resulting files temporarily to hard disk then play from there with your normal DVD player software? HTH -- Rob "Madra Rua" <madra@rua.net> wrote in message news:SJ%vc...

import a data-file and show graphs...
hi folks! first i have to excuse for my poor english, it's not my native language... sry! here my problem: i´m working on a java-project where ich store values in a database (mysql). these values are sensor-values out a measurement. one sensor can take up 2 units (temperature, humidity) an the count of sensors is independent. in my applikation it´s possible to write selected sensor-values into a cvs-file. example: absTime; sensor_value_1[°C]; sensor_value_2[%rH]; sensor_value_3 [°C]; sensor_value_4 [°C] ... 00; -20; 56; -12; 32 03; -22; 56; -13; 30 06; ...