decoding repetition code

hey all,

i made a repetition coding using repmat function.
for example:
x = [1 0 1 1];
y = repmat(x,3,1);
z = reshape(y, 1, 3*(length(x));

i want to decode the repetition coding without using a for loop because it will take too long if x is big..

thank you for your reply

Elie
0
Elie
4/1/2010 1:30:07 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Elie Matta" <matta.elie@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hp274v$gtu$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> hey all,
>
> i made a repetition coding using repmat function.
> for example:
> x = [1 0 1 1];
> y = repmat(x,3,1);
> z = reshape(y, 1, 3*(length(x));
>
> i want to decode the repetition coding without using a for loop because it will take too long if x is big..
>
> thank you for your reply
>
> Elie
Really, have you tried it?
I guess it might matter what goes in the loop?
Sounds a little like an assignment.

Maybe you could look at decode = z(1:3:end)?
But i guess the performance in some sense matches the fact that you have a really good SNR.
perhaps experiment with tmp = reshape(z,3,[]); & mean(tmp,1); or median? what's your noise look like?

or if you prefer in your style
tmp = reshape(z,3,length(z)/3); % but I like the [] form.
0
nanren888
4/1/2010 9:13:22 PM
thank you round(mean()) gave a good result

"nanren888 " <nanren888.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hp329i$fqh$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Elie Matta" <matta.elie@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hp274v$gtu$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > hey all,
> >
> > i made a repetition coding using repmat function.
> > for example:
> > x = [1 0 1 1];
> > y = repmat(x,3,1);
> > z = reshape(y, 1, 3*(length(x));
> >
> > i want to decode the repetition coding without using a for loop because it will take too long if x is big..
> >
> > thank you for your reply
> >
> > Elie
> Really, have you tried it?
> I guess it might matter what goes in the loop?
> Sounds a little like an assignment.
>
> Maybe you could look at decode = z(1:3:end)?
> But i guess the performance in some sense matches the fact that you have a really good SNR.
> perhaps experiment with tmp = reshape(z,3,[]); & mean(tmp,1); or median? what's your noise look like?
>
> or if you prefer in your style
> tmp = reshape(z,3,length(z)/3); % but I like the [] form.
0
Elie

Soft decision decoding of Repetition code
Hi, I am trying to design a receiver structure for system with a channel code (Convolutional code/block code) followed by a repetition code at the transmitter side. I understand MAP/ML decoder for the combined code is optimal in terms reducing the Bit error rate of the system. I would like to use two optimal decoders for the each individual decoders. Do you think just adding up the repeated symbols(received) is optimal as an independent decoder? Even then combination of each optimal decoder is optimal/close to optimal for the whole system ? Any suggestions are welcome. Th...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func.
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks ...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are...

matlab source code of MAP decoder for block codes to share?
Hi, I need to run some simulations results of MAP decoding of BLOCK codes. Has anyone has source code(matlab) of such MAP decoder for block codes t share? Or can someone kindly provide me information on where I can ge such source code? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot! kc This message was sent using the Comp.DSP web interface o www.DSPRelated.com kc <lkc_pringles@hotmail.com> wrote: >I need to run some simulations results of MAP decoding of BLOCK codes. >Has anyone has source code(matlab) of such MAP decoder for block codes to >share? Or can someone kindly...

MATLAB algorithm to MATLAB function code or C code
hallo firends, Can any body help me write this below code into MATLAB object oriented code or C code form please? M=50; % total number of periods. (choose for 1s duration) f0 = 50; % fundamental AC frequency T0 = 1/f0; %fundamental AC period T = M*T0; %Time for M periods (integer M) N=30; % sample points per period. dt = T0/N; % Sample at N points per period (integer N > 20) t = dt*[1:M*N-1]; % Sampling time array A0=120/2; % amplitude of AC signal. Divide by 2 or maybe sqrt (2) ? AC=A0*sin(f0*t*2*pi); % create AC signal. DC0=50; % DC amplitude DC=DC0*ones(1,le...

MATLAB coding for VITERBI DECODING
Sir, I am a final year student in engineering doing Electronics & Communication course. I am doing a project in viterbi decoding so I am in need of MATLAB codes for the same , please help me in this regard, Thanking you. Lalith mohan.N hello friend, Do not be like fools. Once it is your project that fetches some in your career, put some efforts to write code.Go to google search and think yourself. For that, if you need help ask the guidenace from the Guru's. Before coming to this groups , search some thing in Google. Best Regards...

converting c++ code to Matlab code using Matlab 9
im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these codes in my project rather than writing them from scratch. is there some way or a chunk of code that might convert C++ code to matlab code or a ".c" file to ".m" file. please if anyone knows do let me know at the earliest.thanks "fatima " <fatima_naseem2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i8ugqn$e9p$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these c...

Repetition Coding and Soft demodulation
Dear All, Okay, probably this sound a bit silly, but what happens when repetition coding is used and when soft demodulation is used ? Soft QAM demodulation produces Log Likelihood Ratio (LLR), and should I take average value of the repeated symbols ? Here's the simple view of the receiver Channel -->Soft QAM demodulator-->Repetition Decoding-->De Interleaver--> FEC decoder Any impact if I take the average ? Or should I take the maximum (or minimum) value ? Thanks. Hear from you guys. Regards, Arthur. Dear All, Okay, probably this sound a bit silly, but what happens when...

Is there any implementation code of Viterbi decoder in Matlab?
Hi: I am doing some research on watermarking by trellis coding. Could you please tell me where I can find some implementation code of Viterbi decoder in Malab? Thanks for your help. -- **************************************************** Gui Xie Graduate School of Information Science Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology Tatsunokuchi, Ishikawa, 923-1292, Japan Email: g-xie@jaist.ac.jp Web: http://www.jaist.ac.jp/~g-xie "Gui Xie" <g-xie@jaist.ac.jp> wrote in message news:btl6kj$2i8$1@jaist-news.jaist.ac.jp... > Hi: > I am doing...

MATLAB coding for VITERBI DECODING #2
Sir, I request u a coding for VITERBI DECODING algorithm. Thanking u Umar Farook.S ...

matlab code for mpeg encoder/decoder
Hi all,Is there an MPEG decoder/encoder written in MATLAB to read bitstreams and provide the DCT values and motion vectors? Are there any means of decoding ... I want that complete matlab code. ...

soft decision viterbi decoding in matlab
Hi all, I need to know, how to decided the value of nsdec in the following command of matlab. vitdec(code,trellis,tblen,opmode,'soft',nsdec); In the given example the vaule is nsdec is 3. Does this value also depend on the value of M in M-ary modulation (if used in concatenation with convolutional coding). Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Fahad ...

Convoultional Coding/Decoding with Matlab Functions
I'm trying to perform convolutional coding/decoding using built in Matlab functions. I'm trying to implement (2,1,3) code. K=3; G1=7; G2=5; msg=[1 1 0 0 1 0]; trel=poly2trellis(K,[G1 G2]); coded=convenc(msg,trel); decoded=vitdec(coded,trel,5*K,'cont','hard'); coded=[1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0] decoded=[0 0 0 0 0 0] As you would expect, the decoded message should be the same as msg, which it is not. I don't see where I have gone wrong in this simple example. ...

Viterbi decoding of Repetition codes. Is it possible?
Hello, now my question is that can we do viterbi decoding of a repetition code; for eg, I have an input '1' so I repeat it 20 times (I know this not good as an error correction code and also as far as efficient use of channel capacity is concerned, but I want to know this for knowledge) and vice versa for '0' So for a sequence 1 0 1 1 0 moving right to left (in order) I get 1111111111111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111111111111111111111111111100000000000000000000 now after the channel corrupts bits 11110000011101010101010111111110000000011111111000000111111111...

Web resources about - decoding repetition code - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Repetition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - [Rin(Append)] One of Repetition [Vocaloid]
... 「MP3 を 抽出」←click Miku.ver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAEtDAzNo88 Title:繰り返し一粒 (Kurikaeshi hitotsubu) / One of Repetition Vocaloid:鏡音リンappend ...

Xbox, can you hear me now? One requires repetition
Like a stubborn family member or insubordinate employee, Xbox One owners might need to tell their fancy new console what to do more than once. ...

Prime Minister Tony Abbott ready to knock out all-comers in title fight with liberal amounts of repetition ...
Tony Abbott made it clear this week that he would fight, and that the fight would be a brutal cage match.

Fixing Ad Repetition: Let's Split the Stream to Heavy and Light TV Viewers
... ever desired. That overexposure still accounts for most TV ad impressions, but it yields far less value or even ad revenue than the sheer repetition ...

Reveling in Repetition
... effect, had been extracted and reinserted. These altered excerpts differed from the original excerpts only in that they featured repetition. ...

Orioles reliever Troy Patton hoping repetition pays off with bullpen sessions
... Troy Patton who has allowed runs in five of his last six relief outings has started throwing bullpen sessions, hoping that the patterned repetitions ...

ZipBling Jewelry — Repetition is its own reward
Louise Loewenstein made baskets for 30 years and then stumbled upon jewelry made from found materials — including zippers. She's taken them to ...

Repetition Works
... save big money by going to GEICO.com. When I count my blessings, I count GEICO twice. So, at least according to Warren Buffett, message repetition ...