Detect matlab version

Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file.

The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying

IF (MATLAB < 2007)
 use this
ELSE
 use imhist
END

Does this exist?
thank you
0
Idont9079 (26)

Erik wrote:
> Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file.

AllVers = ver;
ThisVer = AllVers(strcmp({AllVers.Name},'MATLAB'));

You can then either look at ThisVer.Release(2:end-1) to get out
'R2007a' (for example), or at ThisVer.Version to get out '7.4' (for example)
0
roberson (2980)
10/14/2008 11:15:55 PM
"Erik " <Idont@wantSpam.co> wrote in message
> Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am
> using while running a file.
>
> The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new
> code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying
>
> IF (MATLAB < 2007)
> use this
> ELSE
> use imhist
> END
>

> Does this exist?

Use VER, VERSION, and/or VERLESSTHAN:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/ver.html
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/version.html
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/verlessthan.html

As the Remarks section of the VERLESSTHAN reference page indicates, if your
version of MATLAB doesn't have this function you can download it from our
website.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab?
How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab? Maybe it is not a good question but the situation is that I have got a MatlabR2008b on my laptop but the PCs of the university got only MatlabR2007b. I just want to use one particular function in the MatlabR2008b on the university machine. How can I do that? Just copy the toolbox? Or can I build the function as a .dll? Thanks! p.s: Of course I can not persuade the university to buy one MatlabR2008... I am also not the administrator; thus, I can not setup my MatlabR2008 on the university machine even I got th...

opening matlab figures in older version of matlab
hey, im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: "error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\figs\7b.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." i think its because I may have made the figures in matlab 7 (but im not 100% sure). is this error typical of a version mismatch of that kind? is there a way to modify the figure so that an older version of matlab can open it? matlabnoob wrote: > > > hey, > im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: > > "error using ==>...

Compiling Matlab Function with mcc to use in other versions of Matlab
I am new to using mcc, mbuild, and mex - I'm attempting to use these to compile a function in matlab into a dll or exe so that I can re-use it in Matlab just as if it was still an m file. First, I wanted to verify that the code works, and I have received a demo license of the Matlab Compiler to test. As a simple example I've written the following function: function [output_var] = this_is_a_test(input_var) output_var = input_var*2; return I've tried multiple combinations of the mcc call in attempts to compile this function, some compile, some don't. First I tried this call: m...

The Services "matlab.exe" & "matlabserver.exe" in new versions of MATLAB
Hello all after installing old versions of MATLAB (2006a and before), we noticed that the two services: "matlab.exe" and "matlabserver.exe" are always running in the background. But they disappear in the new versions. How can I make these services work again in the background in the new versions (like 2014a)? Best Regards, Rasheed ...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

Downoaded MDL file, does this "Version 5.0" mean Matlab version or WiFi_lib version?
Library { Name "WiFi_lib" Version 5.0 Thanks. ...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

Matlab compiler for Matlab 5.2
I'm looking for matlab compiler for matlab 5.2 for Mac computers. I wasn't able to find anywhere because the Mathworks doesn't produce it. Do you know were I may find it? Thanks ...

Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ?
Hi, I have a c++ application which uses Matlab engine to save data for further use with Matlab. I need to distribute the application to users that do not have Matlab. Is there a way tp use Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ? How should I change the compilation to do it ? Thanks, Ofra ...

Matlab comiler and simple matlab function
I am trying to create an exe from a matlab function which doubles the number you give it. matlab function: test.m function [output] = test (number) %return double the input number output = 2*number; disp(output); run matlab compiler at command line with: mcc -mv test.m with the resulting exe: test.exe However when I run it at DOS prompt: test 1 I am returned a value of 98. I thought that maybe this was some octal description of the output, but 98 oct is not 2 decimal. Some other results it returned: C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\lighttrans\Frank Work \test...

MATLAB Daemon
Hi! Is it posible to make a Daemon in MATLAB so that i can access a shared memory between MATLAB and .NET? I ask this because every method i've tryied to call MATLAB functions from .NET are really slow, mostly the call process (because i call the function about 300.000-1.000.000 times in a small time lapse. I thought that using a Daemon using shared memory between my .NET app and MATLAB would make that performance bottleneck almost dissapear. Any other ideas are really appreciated. By the way, is it posible to open a socket in MATLAB? That would be another possible solution, less performa...

shutdown matlab.exe when matlab is not in use
Hi, I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starting automatically each time my computer starts. I have Windows XP operating system. I have matlab 6.5. Thanks. Fenisol3 puffy_blake wrote: > Hi, > I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically > and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my > computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starti...

Writing a Matlab add-on in a Matlab clone?
What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab software in? I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab add-ons. I am aware of Scilab and GNU Octave. The former seems to be more popular. -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy The F#.NET Journal http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?usenet Jon Harrop wrote: > > > > What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab > software > in? > > I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab > add-ons. I > am aware ...

Matlab R2006b compatability with Matlab R14?
I am trying to execute some code (a mixture of C++ and Matlab) that was delivered to me. The Matlab code was originally developed under Matlab R14. I have Matlab R2006b installed on my system. When I attempt to execute the program, I get the following message: I18N Runtime warning: Missing ICU data file detected while processing $(MATLAB)/bin/$(ARCH). Hint: Check for a misconfigured environment or installation. When I look in the referenced directory, there does appear to be an ICU related .dat file. Any ideas as to what could be causing this runtime warning? Thanks. ...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

Cantera using Matlab R2010b: matlab crashes
Hi, I'm trying to use Cantera on windows 7 Professional 64bit using Matlab R2010b. Matlab crashes as soon as function: advance(reactor, t) is getting executed. I have installed Cantera 1.88 and Python 2.6 (both for 64 bit windows). The same code works perfectly fine on a 32bit machine where i have Cantera 1.7 and Python 2.5. I'm using the correct executable(ctmethods.mexw64) file for 64bit machine. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Prakhar (grad student, Caltech) ...

code of matlab 7a not working in matlab 2009
I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks "moonman" wrote in message <ipmsl7$23v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I wrote a code in matlab 7a andand it was working over there > then i changed computer which was having matlab realease 2009a and it is not working > > If i install Matlab 7 release 14, will my code work again thanks Can you be more specific about the fact that your code is not working in...

Matlab command to convert Matlab script to C
I know that this has probably been asked before but I desperately need to do this. I have simple scripts in Matlab and I would like to see what they look like in C language. Can anyone help me with this? I'm not a great C programer so this would help me immensly if I could see various examples of things that I have written in Matlab in C Thank you. Hi finiteguy, check the MATLAB help for the MATLAB Compiler, if you have. Regards, Stefan Hi Stefan, I tried that and got no help. Nothing about Matlab compiler. I kew that years ago there was a simple command but I lost it. On Mon, 30...

Web resources about - Detect matlab version - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of September 2013, Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean is the most widely-used Android version, ...

WA's own version of Burning Man Festival, Blazing Swan, set to kick off in Kulin
The tiny town of Kulin is set to swell to more than three times its population when it hosts WA's own version of Burning Man.

References to ‘early 2016 12-inch MacBook’ seen in latest OS X Server version
Earlier this week Apple introduced a new 4-inch iPhone SE , a smaller iPad Pro , and all new Apple Watch bands at its ‘Let us loop you in’ March ...

Apple Slips: Unveils ‘iPhone SE’ at $399, $499, 10-Inch iPad Pro with 256-gig Version
As widely expected, Apple ( AAPL ) this afternoon unveiled a new, 4-inch version of its iPhone at a media event in Cupertino, offering models ...

There are two versions of the Galaxy S7 edge and yours has worse battery life
What difference does a mobile chipset make? Quite a lot, especially if we're looking at differences between the two versions of the Galaxy S7. ...

Woods announce skateboard version of their new album, share third single "Morning Light"
Woods' excellent new album City Sun Eater in the River of Light is out April 8 via Woodsist and in addition to vinyl, CD and cassette, you can ...

Google visited a pawn shop to get back a leaked version of the new Google Glass
A Google representative visited a California pawn shop earlier this week to retrieve what appeared to be an unreleased version of its smart headset, ...

This Kitten Version of Batman vs. Superman Is Better Than the Real Thing
Submitted by: (via The Pet Collective ) Tagged: kitten , Batman v Superman , Video Share on Facebook

MLB The Show 16: Full List of Legends Included in Retail Version
VideoThe Splendid Splinter in MLB 16 The Show Baseball, nostalgia and video games; that's a sweet trio. MLB 16 The Showis attempting to deliver ...

You Can Now Torrent a Blu-ray Version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Well, it finally happened. After months of crappy cam videos, the Blu-ray version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens is available on torrent sites ...