diagonal of matrix

Hi all,

Is there a non-loop way of obtaining the digonal elements Aii from a
matrix A and put them in a vector?

A=rand(60);
vd=digonal_elements_of(A) %vd is a vector

Thanks,
Per
0
sunkan (358)
11/4/2004 4:10:23 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 19 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

Look for
the 'diag'-function

thomas

thomas wrote:

> Look for
> the 'diag'-function
>
> thomas

Ok thanks,
I didn't know it was "reversal"

Thanks
Per
0
sunkan (358)
11/4/2004 4:28:18 PM
"Per S" <sunkan@fy.chalmers.se> wrote:

> Is there a non-loop way of obtaining the digonal elements Aii from a
> matrix A and put them in a vector?

You can obtain "getdiag" and "setdiag" here:

  http://home.online.no/~pjacklam/matlab/software/util/matutil/getdiag.m
  http://home.online.no/~pjacklam/matlab/software/util/matutil/setdiag.m

Peter

--
Why is the word "random" always spelt the same way?
0

a = diag(A); gives you a vector. diag(a), when a is a vector gives you a
diagonal matrix.

Or did I miss parts of the post with the original question?

/Johan

Johan Carlson <Johan.NOSPAM.Carlson@csee.ltu.se> wrote:

> Why not simply use the built in MATLAB function diag?

It should do the trick for the original poster, but I avoid it
because it is ambiguous.

Peter