Dicom headers query, specifically Dicom RT

Hi to all,

Just had a quick question about accessing the full parameter list for dicom/dicom RT files. I am using someone else's starter code to open the dicom RT file and when I display the header not all of the available parameters are listed there. In the code template that I am using several paramters are referenced but I have no idea where they are coming from. They appear to be very useful and I would like to be able to manipulate them in later coding I just have no idea how extensive the final list is or where to begin to look for it!

If anyone has any idea how to unlock the full list or if anyone has any helpful resources on Dicom RT files (there is more than enough on just standard dicom!) I would really appreciate it. I would like to do some serious background reading into this variant of standard dicom.

thank you for you time and inputs,

Colin

Dicom RT/ Dicom overlays
Hi, First off, I am new to the site so please bear with me and feel free to offer up any advice on how to better pose questions for this forum. Now on to the nitty gritty. I am currently trying to overlay contours contained in a Dicom RT 'STRUCT' file onto CT slices that are in the standard Dicom format. So far I have been able to overlay the contour (of a Brainstem) onto the correct CT slice. The problem arises from there being an inherent offset of the contour to the actual CT slice. I am trying to rectify this but have been unsuccessful so far. I have noticed that the header of...

DICOM header printing through DICOM printing
Hi, Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any possible way for that?? Thanks and Regards, Surendra >Actually we wanted to print DICOM image using DICOM print management. >So we are implementing DICOM print SCU. >But the problem is along with the image we also want to print some >infomations like patient name and patient ID etc..Is there any >possible way for that?? we burn-in some overlays into the image data to be printed. works with any printer AND is more flexible than the features of dicom-print layout etc. Hi Surendra Elsewhere you mentioned use of the Annotation Box SOP Class for this. In general, I agree with Sacha, you are better off "burning in" exactly what annotations you intend to appear in the pixel data. Do not depend on overlays, and do not depend on annotations; these may not be widely or consistently supported. Only if there is a quality issue with the resolution at which you render (and anti-alias) the text that you are burning in (e.g., perhaps for Kanji rather than Latin characters) before sending it to the printer should you even consider a more sophisticated approach. As a rule, you should expect no more of a printer than what the IHE CPI profile requires for Print Server actors, and you s...

Testing DICOM datasets for RT DICOM types needed
Looking for sample testing DICOM datasets for RT: Urgent need is for: Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Others are: SOP UID SOP name 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.1 Radiation Therapy Image Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.2 Radiation Therapy Dose Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.3 Radiation Therapy Structure Set Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.4 Radiation Therapy Beams Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.5 Radiation Therapy Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.6 Radiation Therapy Brachy Treatment Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.7 Radiation Therapy Treatment Summary Record Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.8 Radiation Therapy Ion Plan Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.481.9 Radiation Therapy Ion Beams Treatment Record Storage -- ------------------------------ If you believe you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the original sender of this email and destroy all copies of this communication. Have a look at The Cancer Imaging Archive: http://www.cancerimagingarchive.= net/. On the home page there is a list of data sets. One of the columns i= n the table lists modalities included in each collection. By typing RT in = the search field at the top of the table these 4 data sets have some differ= ent RT data types: Head-Neck Cetuximab Head-Neck 111 CT, PT, RT 4D-Lung Lung 20 CT, RTSTRUCT NRG-1308 (Limited Access) Lung 12 CT...

DICOM-RT tag query
Hi All, I'm currently working with dicom-rt files. If I do 'dicominfo' I will get mounts of (header) information but not for example 'NumberOfBeams' (300A,0080), although it exists in the dicomdictionary. Is there an easy way to retrieve values of specific dicom tags, without installing extended libraries as for example CERR? Thanks in advance! regards, Kees "kees de Kapper" <kees_de_kapper@hotmail.com> wrote in message <goiscp$p74$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi All, > > I'm currently working with dicom-rt files. If I do 'dicomin...

dicom to dicom converter
Hi all, it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary dicom images to standard dicom images! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 4:38 am, mauro <mauro.austra...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > it seems that my dicom libraries do not accept proprietary dicom, so > I'm wondering if there is some program to easily convert proprietary > dicom images to standard dicom images! Hi Mauro, It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what you call standard dicom image :) GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you are not afraid of a little compilation): http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/ But I should recommend the tool from Yves Martel: TomoVision and co: http://www.tomovision.com/ I only found out yesterday one type of file it was not able to read (trust me I tried hard to make it fails). -Mathieu Thanks a lot Mathieu, finally I did succeed on reading the image in ITK (it was a stupid error of mine, I'm a kind of newbie in dicoms). But the links you pointed me out are quite interesting! thanks, Mauro On Sep 10, 6:17 pm, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malate...@gmail.com> wrote: > It depends on what you call proprietary dicom and it depends on what > you call standard dicom image :) > GDCM attempt to reads a bunch of those buggy DICOM file (if you a...

Printing DICOM Image buffer without header information using a DICOM Printer
The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image information and not the image header information. All the header details such as patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values. There are three queries based on this requirement: 1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image buffer and not the header information? 2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner? 3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the DICOM image buffer and not the header? On Jan 16, 8:01 am, vijaya <vijaya.ramanat...@patni.com> wrote: > The requirement is that the SCP should only print the DICOM image > information and not the image header information. All the header > details such as > patient name, patient ID, Acquisition details are all hardcoded in the > image pixel. Hence there is no need to print the DICOM header. The > DICOM Image header provided by the client will have dummy values. > There are three queries based on this requirement: > > 1. Do majority of DICOM printers support printing only the image > buffer and not the header information? > > 2. Does this violate the DICOM compliance in any manner? > > 3. How do we indicate to the Print SCP that he has to print only the > DICOM image bu...

DICOM-RT
I have successfully used the Import[example, "DICOM", ConversionOptions -> {"Verbose" ->True, "DataDictionary" -> None}] command to read the data in a DICOM file. I now wish to read DICOM-RT files; these include data Element Tags with group numbers 3002 - 300E. When I read such a file I get the message "Import::nodta: Insufficient data found for DICOM format." 1) what am I doing wrong? 2) I do not think this is a matter of missing data element tags because I am not interpreting these. Is this correct? 2) I have tried to figure out...

DICOM-RT
I wonder if some one can help me imprtining DICOM-RT format Dose plans from Nucletron Plato and Adac planning systems in a matlab program. Thanks Rajendra There's CERR and also a DICOM-RT toolbox by Emiliano Spezi. <http://radium.wustl.edu/CERR/home.php> ...

DICOM RT
Is it possible to find a matlab function to write or read a DICOM RT structure? ...

DICOM RT
Hello, I am looking for DICOM RT exchange software for objects DOSE, PLAN, STRUCTURE SET. Thank you for any help Albert ...

query dicom
Hi, I am new to IDL and have been trying to look through the docs in this issue: I want to query a dicom file for some tags, is it correctly understood that this is not supported in the standard IDL dicom reader? Is ther eany good free IDL code that will do this? Best regards Soren Soren writes: > I am new to IDL and have been trying to look through the docs in this > issue: > I want to query a dicom file for some tags, is it correctly understood > that this is not supported in the standard IDL dicom reader? While it is true the READ_DICOM function will not do this, there is ...

DICOM in Matlab
Hi, I'm trying to obtain certain information about DICOM images using Matlab. I've been reading about DICOM attributes in order to get the Transformation Matrix ( Rotation + Translation ) to be able to obtain an absolute voxel position from a relative one. According to what i red of The DICOM attribute (0020,0037) "Image Orientation (Patient)", it gives the orientation of the x- and y-axes of the image data in terms of 2 3-vectors.The first vector is a unit vector along the x- axis, and the second is along the y-axis. And the third column of the R matrix gives the direction of displacement (relative to the subject) along the slice-wise direction. This orientation is said not to be encoded in the DICOM standard in a simple way; bacause DICOM is mostly concerned with 2D images. If you have any idea of how to obtain this Transformation matrix i'll appreciate the help. Marco On May 15, 11:27 am, marcozanger <marcozan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to obtain certain information about DICOM images using > Matlab. I've been reading about DICOM attributes in order to get the > Transformation Matrix ( Rotation + Translation ) to be able to obtain > an absolute voxel position from a relative one. According to what i > red of The DICOM attribute (0020,0037) "Image Orientation (Patient)", > it gives the orientation of the x- and y-axes of the image data in > terms of 2 3-...

New release of DICOM Detective available (a DICOM capture file and DICOM file viewer)
We released a more reliable DICOM Detective 1.02 with finding data element function, structure report viewer support and Japanese and Chinese support. You can download the 30 days trial at http://www.dicomtool.com/Install.exe You can try this version even the previous version expired. The structure report viewer is stand-alone software. You can use it for free without limit. Please uninstall the previous version before install the new version. Ask for the software key at service@dicomtool.com. DICOM Detective is a DICOM protocol analysis and simulation software tool dedicated to PACS maintenance people, DICOM servicemen, programmers, consultants, radiologists or people working with DICOM networks. Using the DICOM Detective, PACS maintenance people and DICOM servicemen can analyze the DICOM communication problem online immediately and DICOM programmers can simulate the DICOM communication offline and trace and debug their program without traveling to onsite. DICOM Detective is also a great tool for DICOM beginners to learn the detail of DICOM, just capture a DICOM communication and open it with DICOM detective, you will know what the DICOM is and how simple it is. Go to http://www.dicomtool.com to see more detail. If you have any questions, please ask me, thank you. Best Regards, http://www.dicomtool.com ...

Dicom
Hello @all, is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which can be opened with the MPI-Tool. Thanks! The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle dicom files. See the help for: DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you, because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for the dicom functions. Laszlo M. wrote: > > > Hello @all, > > is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom > which > can be opened with the MPI-Tool. > > Thanks! Tha...

Converting Non DICOM Images to DICOM
Hi, I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. Thanks > I am working on a project that generate DICOM files from other images like JPEG,BMP,PNG etc. > My question is which SOP Class UID should i use?. > Should i go with Secondary Captured Image UID or is their any other standard SOP Class UIDs for other images to DICOM conversion. If you are con...

what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server.
hello, i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) just simples questions. what is a dicom node and what are differences between a dicom node and a dicom server. ? my client is a dicom node ? to be a dicom node my client need a send/transfert fonction (-C-store scu) ? thanks I am not aware of any definition/use of the terms "dicom server" or "dicom node" in the standard text. DICOM 3.15-2008, Annex H Application Configuration Management Profiles, defines DICOM "Devices" which contains "Network Connections" and provides "Network Application Entities", which itself are available/uses a sub-set of the "Network Connections" contained by the "Device" and has "Transfer Capabilities". According that, your client represent a DICOM Device with only one active (=3D not listening) Network Connection, used by the only one provided Application Entity which has Transfer Capabilities only as SCU for Verification and Common Query/Retrieve SOP Classes. -- gunter zeilinger Agfa Healthcare On Sep 23, 7:16=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > i have build a smal client based on dcmtk. this client is cappable : C- > echo, C-find, C-move. no more ( not C-store scu or more...) > > just =A0simples questions. > > what is a dicom node and what are differences betw...

DICOM vs .. "raw DICOM" ?
I'm looking at this sentence: "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet medical digital communication standards " It comes from here: http://www.gehealthcare.com/euen/ultrasound/ultrasound-it/echopac-pc/index.html And all I can think is .. "Wait, what?" What exactly is the difference? What do they _mean_ ? Hello Trevoke, Trevoke wrote: > "Access and store images in DICOM or raw data DICOM formats to meet > medical digital communication standards " DICOM or raw DICOM... wait, _what_? ;o) > What exactly is the > difference? What do they _mean_ ? Probably the author of this sentence is referring to storage of private information as DICOM Raw Data IOD. Just guessing: This may refer 3D Ultrasound data which is described in Supplement 43. Supplement 43 was released in April 2009 and defines: Enhanced US Volume Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.6.2 Arterial Pulse Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.5.1 Respiratory Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.6.1 General Audio Waveform Storage 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.9.4.2 Maybe Supp. 43 was released too late for the device discussed on this page to make its objects Supplement 43 compliant. Thus it stores the "modern" data objects not in Enhanced Ultrasound IOD but as DICOM Raw Data instead. DICOM Raw Data IOD has the advantage over private IODs that Storage and Retrieval can be ensured in a "Store-an...

DICOM RT #2
Hi, Anybody knows how to identify DICOM RT files? Here is a problem: I need to know if a file without extension is a DICOM RT file? Is there a (not very difficult) way to do that (in C++, that is)? I know a regular DICON would have 'DICM' after 128 bytes, any similar identification for DICOM-RT? Thanks, X sadcat@speakeasy.org (Xenia) wrote in message news:<38605cca.0406161629.2590c55@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > Anybody knows how to identify DICOM RT files? Here is a problem: I > need to know if a file without extension is a DICOM RT file? Is there > a (not very difficult) way to do that (in C++, that is)? I know a > regular DICON would have 'DICM' after 128 bytes, any similar > identification for DICOM-RT? > > Thanks, > X All PS 3.10 files including RT objects, will have the "DICM" magic string after the 128 byte preamble. Look at the (0x0002,0x0002) UI Media Storage SOP Class UID in the meta information header or the (0x0008,0x0016) UI SOP Class UID in the data set. You have to parse at least the meta information header to determine this; there is no way around that. If you run my dciodvfy routine it returns a string describing the object based on the SOP Class, and it will do that for RT objects as well, e.g.: % dcsmpte /tmp/crap % dciodvfy /tmp/crap SCImage david ...

information about Dicom report, Dicom structured report
Hello, Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her focntion ? i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM structured report ? DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 or not ? i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. Thanks On Oct 20, 7:22=A0pm, lordg...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > Someone could explaine me what is exacly a DICOM report ?? > i have see some web dicom solution ( siemens). > But i dont understand what is exacly a dicom report. what is her > focntion ? > =A0i would know if a client dicom must have a scu or scp dicom report ? > > and finalyt what is the different between a DICOM report and DICOM > structured report ? =A0 DICOM structured report is a part of dicom 3.0 > or not ? > > i know , lot of question :P... sorry.. > > Thanks Hi, Please go through this site and you will find lots of presentation on Structured Reporting. I think it will help you regards Nagaraj ...

Dicom ... how to read and write many dicom files ??
Hi All, Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . thanks in advance dannny On Jan 25, 11:03 am, "Dannyominov" <xrayspect...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Please tell me how to read and write many dicom files .. I mean writing > all the files with the same SeriesInstanceUID . > > thanks in advance > > dannny Hi Danny Try or tak ideas from FEX #9036 Mira ...

what dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and viewing?
understand that efilm currently no longer a freeware. Does anyone know besides efilm, any other dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and dicom viewing and preferably allow create cd ? There is a free DICOM viewer in www.fruitfruit.com. But I never heard that any free dicom viewer can create cd. paperplane <paperplanefly@yahoo.com> wrote: > understand that efilm currently no longer a freeware. Does anyone know > besides efilm, any other dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and > dicom viewing and preferably allow create cd ? <URL:http://irad.sf.net/> Works great with all your demands. -- Morten Dreier http://morten.dreier.no/ morten@nowhere.fast.invalid (Morten Dreier) wrote in message news:<1gmq8tl.k1ojib1i13sbaN%morten@nowhere.fast.invalid>... > paperplane <paperplanefly@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > understand that efilm currently no longer a freeware. Does anyone know > > besides efilm, any other dicom freeware allow dicom receiving and > > dicom viewing and preferably allow create cd ? > > <URL:http://irad.sf.net/> > Works great with all your demands. If you want one for Windows see dicomworks at: http://dicom.online.fr/ If you prefer Mac see OsiriX at: http://homepage.mac.com/rossetantoine/osirix/Index2.html Pablo Sau http://cdmedicpacsweb.sourceforge.net ...

Introduction to DICOM - Chapter III
http://dicomiseasy.blogspot.com/2011/11/introduction-to-dicom-chapter-iii-dicom.html ...

DICOM support in Matlab
Is there any routine that functions as dicominfo but runs faster? I need to scan headers of a huge amount of files and dicominfo is so slow... any informaiton regarding this is greatly appreciated! ...

DICOM-RT #2
Hi. I'm trying to showing dose distribution from a brachytherapy planning system (Variseed). I' could export dicom files and dicom structure and dose. When I tried to reading DO.dcm file dicomread ('DO.dcm') the error message 'Unsupported bit depth 32.' has been shown. Could anyone tell me how to read dicom-rt file? Thank you. ...

Web resources about - Dicom headers query, specifically Dicom RT - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Category:Articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases from November 2010 - Wikipedia, the ...

Convertible Notes : Why would an early-stage investor specifically NOT prefer a convertible note structure ...
Answer (1 of 6): There are very clear reasons and the best early-stage investors do price rounds: * If you're an early stage investor you're ...

Emma Watson says she's 'more spiritual than specifically religious'
Emma Watson was no believer. She just couldn't see "Black Swan" director Darren Aronofsky telling the biblical story of Noah.

Robert Rodriguez created Demi Lovato's 'From Dusk till Dawn' character specifically for her - 680 NEWS ...
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. – Robert Rodriguez had been waiting for a chance to work with Demi Lovato since she auditioned for his 2003 movie “Spy ...

Reuters: Google planning new ‘Android M’ specifically for cars
Google is planning to create a version of Android that will run in cars without the need for a connected smartphone according to a new report ...

Samsung bought two patents specifically for use in Apple trial, say attorneys
... , and Samsung is claiming Apple did the same to two of its patents, it has been suggested that Samsung bought the two patents concerned specifically ...

Mad Woman Lauren Reeves Explains the Secrets Behind the Advertising of Alcohol, Vodka Specifically [Video] ...
Hello again! It's me, Lauren, and as part of my ongoing investigation into the secret methodology behind advertising, I've been drinking. Exploring ...

Registered Florida voter Ben Carson doesn’t know much about national policies that specifically affect ...
There’s been quite a bit of talk in the wake of last night’s elections about how nationalized our politics has become . All politics is no longer ...

Facebook Lite is now official, made specifically for emerging markets
... than that. Facebook Lite, a stripped-down version of the full-fledged Facebook app, has just been released to the Google Play Store, made specifically ...