Dicom

Hello @all,

is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom which
can be opened with the MPI-Tool.

Thanks!
0
not9943 (8)

The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle
dicom files. See the help for:
DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD

I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you,
because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions for
the dicom functions.

Laszlo

M. wrote:

> Hello @all,
>
> is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom
> which
> can be opened with the MPI-Tool.
>
> Thanks!
0
balkay1 (35)
10/19/2004 5:53:09 AM
Thank you for your answer, but I already know about these functions.

My problem is that I want to use DICOMWRITE and open the created
dicomfile with the MPI-Tool, but at the moment it seems to be
impossible.
And now I want to know, if there is a more or less easy solution to
use DICOMWRITE or something else which creates a dicomfile and open
this file with the MPI-Tool!

Is there a possibility to do this?
Thanks!

Laszlo Balkay wrote:

> The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to handle
> dicom files. See the help for:
> DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD
>
> I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for you,
> because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new extensions
> for
> the dicom functions.
>
> Laszlo
>
> M. wrote:
>>

>> Hello @all,
>>
>> is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into Dicom
>> which
>> can be opened with the MPI-Tool.
>>
>> Thanks!
0
not9943 (8)

Are you sure that the problem is not at the reading interface of
MPI-tool? Actually I never used it, but I frequently load matlab
saved dcm images to other program without problems. I suggest you to
try your dcm files with MEDCON or DicomWorks also.
(http://xmedcon.sourceforge.net/
 <http://dicom.online.fr/)>

Anyway what type of images would like to save as dicom? Are the
images float or uint type? In case of float you should take care or
even convert it to unit16 before saving. Could you post some code
fragment from your saving process?

Laszlo

M. wrote:

> Thank you for your answer, but I already know about these
> functions.
>
> My problem is that I want to use DICOMWRITE and open the created
> dicomfile with the MPI-Tool, but at the moment it seems to be
> impossible.
> And now I want to know, if there is a more or less easy solution to
> use DICOMWRITE or something else which creates a dicomfile and open
> this file with the MPI-Tool!
>
> Is there a possibility to do this?
> Thanks!
>
> Laszlo Balkay wrote:
>>

>> The image processing toolbox contains a nice interface to
handle
>> dicom files. See the help for:
>> DICOMWRITE,DICOMINFO, DICOMREAD
>>
>> I also suggest to use the available latest ImgProc tlbx for
you,
>> because the most of new release of ImgProcTlbx has new
extensions
>> for
>> the dicom functions.
>>
>> Laszlo
>>
>> M. wrote:
>>>

>>> Hello @all,
>>>
>>> is there a possibility to export a file from Matlab into
> Dicom
>>> which
>>> can be opened with the MPI-Tool.
>>>
>>> Thanks!