Differences in XML File generated in Matlab vs Outside Matlab

Hi,

I have a java class, which generates the XML file. I am using the same class in both Matlab session and in Eclipse.

Following is the code I am using  to genate the XML file

public static void saveDocument(Document doc, File file) throws Exception
{
    DOMSource source = new DOMSource(doc);

    OutputStream stream = new FileOutputStream(file);
    StreamResult result = new StreamResult(stream);

    Transformer transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer();
    transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.INDENT, "yes");
    transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.METHOD, "xml");
    transformer.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.OMIT_XML_DECLARATION, "no");

    transformer.transform(source, result);

    stream.flush();
    stream.close();
}
My problem is, when I use the class I wrote to generate the XML file in eclipse using the above code, the resulting XML file has attributes on separate lines, but when I use the same class in Matlab to generate the XML file, the attributes appear on one line.

e.g from Eclipse, XML file looks like
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ROOT xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
             id="myID"
             model_file_name="myModel.mdl"
             model_type="Simulink">
<ELEMENT_1/>
   <ELEMENT_2>
      <VAL attrib1="value" attrib2="value" attrib3="value"
               attrib4="value"
               attrib5="value"
               attrib6="value" />
</ROOT>
</ELEMENT_2>

& from Matlab, XML file looks like
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ROOT xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"  id="myID" model_file_name="myModel.mdl" model_type="Simulink">
<ELEMENT_1/>
   <ELEMENT_2>
      <VAL attrib1="value" attrib2="value" attrib3="value"  attrib4="value" attrib5="value" attrib6="value" />
</ROOT>
</ELEMENT_2>

Does anyone know why the generated XML files put attribute differently for Matlab & Eclipse. Although, XML Parser won't complain & parse both files successfuly. But i wanted to now why this behaviour exists.

I tried Matlab 2007b & 2009a, got same results. I am using eclipse 3.3.2.
0
Anil