Disable WARNING message

Hello everyone!

I would really appreciate if someone tells me what's the msgid of the following warning message (so I can disable it without disabling all warning messages in a row):

"Warning: Infinite or Not-a-Number value encountered."

Just for record, I'm using the function 'quadgk' to calculate an integral in R+ which I use to evaluate the fitness function in a ga optimization. It works very well and it's very fast but in each iteration it keeps showing me the warning message thousands of time (I think it's because I'm integrating from 0 to Infinity, cause the result i get is correct). Not so pleasant ;)

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Gabriel

"Gabriel Papaiz Garbini" <gabrielhpg@gmail.com> wrote in message <khb5oj$7e9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello everyone!
>
> I would really appreciate if someone tells me what's the msgid of the following warning message (so I can disable it without disabling all warning messages in a row):
>
> "Warning: Infinite or Not-a-Number value encountered."
>
> Just for record, I'm using the function 'quadgk' to calculate an integral in R+ which I use to evaluate the fitness function in a ga optimization. It works very well and it's very fast but in each iteration it keeps showing me the warning message thousands of time (I think it's because I'm integrating from 0 to Infinity, cause the result i get is correct). Not so pleasant ;)
>
> Thanks!
> Sincerely,
> Gabriel

warning off MATLAB:quadgk:NonFiniteValue

To see the msgid of all encountered messages simply use
   warning on verbose

Yair Altman
http://UndocumentedMatlab.com
0
altmanyDEL (1141)
3/8/2013 8:21:08 AM
Awesome! Thanks a lot!!
"Yair Altman" wrote in message <khc71k$4na$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Gabriel Papaiz Garbini" <gabrielhpg@gmail.com> wrote in message <khb5oj$7e9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > I would really appreciate if someone tells me what's the msgid of the following warning message (so I can disable it without disabling all warning messages in a row):
> >
> > "Warning: Infinite or Not-a-Number value encountered."
> >
> > Just for record, I'm using the function 'quadgk' to calculate an integral in R+ which I use to evaluate the fitness function in a ga optimization. It works very well and it's very fast but in each iteration it keeps showing me the warning message thousands of time (I think it's because I'm integrating from 0 to Infinity, cause the result i get is correct). Not so pleasant ;)
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Sincerely,
> > Gabriel
>

> warning off MATLAB:quadgk:NonFiniteValue
>
> To see the msgid of all encountered messages simply use
>    warning on verbose
>
> Yair Altman
> http://UndocumentedMatlab.com

Thanks for answering, but now I'm facing a new related problem.
I started using parallel computing to speed up a little bit, and the warning messages started again, the same way before, even if I've disabled everything (using 'warning off all'). From what I conclude that the different processors have independent centers of warning message, each one has to be disabled separately. I'd really appreciate if you tell me how to deactivate those stubborn messages.

For instance, the error message that I get is the following one:

Warning: Infinite or Not-a-Number value encountered.
> In quadgk>vadapt at 287
  In quadgk at 205
  In genetic_test_3_test at 21
  In MATLAB/private/validate>@(x)fitness(x,FitnessFcnArgs{:}) at 136
  In MATLAB/private/fcnvectorizer>(parfor body) at 18
  In parallel_function>make_general_channel/channel_general at 879
  In remoteParallelFunction at 31

Thanks in advance

Gabriel

How to disable a warning message ?
Hi, I have a few create table statements which create temporary tables that has row definitions which exceeds the 8060 size limit, this causes a warning message being generated (Message 1708). Is there a way I can disable/avoid the warning message from being printed ? Thanks, joe Make the columns smaller? I don't believe there's any way to disable the message (at least without making the table smaller) - is there some reason why you can't simply ignore it in your client? Simon ...

warning messages in MATLAB 7
Can anyone enlighten me on two warning messages I just received? I am re-analyzing some old data in the new MATLAB 7, and received the following messages.... "Warning: Function call PSD invokes inexact match C:\MATLAB7\toolbox\signal\signal\psd.m", and, "Warning: Function call COHERE invokes inexact match C:\MATLAB7\toolbox\signal\signal\cohere.m" Can I expect that the calculated PSD's and Coherence functions to be identical to those calculated under MATLAB 6.5.1? If not, is there a way to remedy this "inexact match" situation? Thanks "neuhart"...

How to disable hyperink warning message
I have a hyperlink field in a form. The links map to documents on a local drive. When I attempt to open the doc via a link I get a MS Access waring message about hyperlinks that I have to click through. I want to hand off the database to a client. Is there a way to disable the warning? Thanks, SteveM ...

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
OK, I posted earlier about uninstalling the NWN2 beta patch because of game/system weirdness. This morning I started my machine and was greeted by a McAfee Personal Firewall tray error message of some kind, and had no internet access. After checking another machine on my network and determining my service wasn't down I decided the simplest thing to do was exercise XP's Restore Point capability. Since Wednesday I'd not only installed the NWN2 beta patch, but also the latest ATI Catalyst Suite and some sort of Java Runtime update I'd been bothered about, so my system ch...

TI-DSP 281x: Disable warning message in code
Hi All, Is there a #pragma for the TI-compiler for the 281x with which I can hide specific warnings and/or remarks. Couldn't find it in the manuals. Thanks in advance, Frank frank.van.der.schoot@relitech.nl wrote: > Is there a #pragma for the TI-compiler for the 281x with which I can > hide specific warnings and/or remarks. Couldn't find it in the > manuals. You can disable warnings with the compiler option -pds<num>, <num> refers to the number of the warning. bye Andreas -- Andreas H´┐Żnnebeck | email: acmh@gmx.de ----- privat ---- | www : http://www.huenneb...

warning messages in /var/adm/messages
Hello, We have Fujitsu 650 machine, in /var/adm/messages it is throwing error: ********** Oct 25 18:44:33 in2ce2 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@89,2000/fibre-channel@1/sd@1,1 (sd233): Oct 25 18:44:33 in2ce2 SCSI transport failed: reason 'tran_err': giving up Oct 25 18:44:45 in2ce2 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@89,2000/fibre-channel@1/sd@1,2 (sd234): Oct 25 18:44:45 in2ce2 SCSI transport failed: reason 'tran_err': giving up ********** I have checked prtdiag, which shows "No Recent System Faults found" and in iostat -xPnce transortatio...

Canon BJC-1000, can I disable the "requires color cartridge" warning message?
I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer Everytime I print, I get the message below. Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color. Does anyone know how I can disable this message? Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the manual. Thanks Black BJ Cartridge Detected Job: Untitled Click OK after replacing cartridge current print job requires color BJ cartridge or CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige This may result in unpredictable output <techman41973@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147318849...

Disabling MAILER-DAEMON replies (disabling bounce messages)
I have a secondary MX machine set up for our office, and I'm seeing a lot of spam hitting it. Most of this spam is to hundreds of users at this domain. My secondary MX has no concept of who is and who is not a real user, however, the mail queue gets jammed up because sendmail feels the need to send a MAILER-DAEMON reply (which many mail server don't accept anyway) back to the original (spammer) sender. As well as giving a sender a valid way to verify which addresses are real (much like the VRFY command) this thing is causing thousands of messages to build up in my queue. I'm wi...

C4701 warning

SQL3107W There is at least one warning message in the message file.
When I try to call db2move $todbname load from a shell script it will give me this error in the log. When I call it from the command line using the exact same dataset it works perfectly. Does anyone know what might be causing that to occur? Below is the .msg file. Thanks for any help. I really need to put this script to bed. This is the last hangup. Regards Eric +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++ Script snippet: # # Import Data # cd $db2moveimpdir/$expdate - This is the directory that I extracted the .ixf files into. mv db2move.lst db2move.lst.orig - Copy the original db2move.lst so I can SED it using the next line. sed -e "/$fromdbuser/ s//$todbuser/g" db2move.lst.orig > db2move.lst `db2move "$todbname" load` - Still in the directory I run the command wait +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++ LOAD.out error: *** Table "DB8INST1"."ALCO_LOGIN_SESSION": ERROR 3107. Check message file tab359.msg! *** SQL Warning! SQLCODE is 3107 *** SQL3107W There is at least one warning message in the message file. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++ root@hopdb1 # more tab359.msg SQL3104N The Export utility is beginning to export data to file "tab359.ixf". SQL3105N The Export utility has finished exporting "7" rows. SQL3501W The tabl...

Warning message
Hello, My program in C runs fine on visual stdio. I get this warning warning LNK4084: total image size 437272576 exceeds max (268435456); image may not run but the results are fine .Can someone guide me as to what this message is and how i can get rid of it . Arush * arush: > Hello, > My program in C runs fine on visual stdio. I get this warning > > warning LNK4084: total image size 437272576 exceeds max (268435456); > image may not run > > but the results are fine .Can someone guide me as to what this > message is and how i can get rid of it . It means your p...

Warning Message
Hi All, I have upgraded from Solaris 10 03/05 to Solaris 10 06/06 for a V490. My log files keeping showing following error: /usr/lib/utmpd WARNING /var/adm/utmp exists! /usr/sbin/pmconfig: "/etc/power.conf" line 2, unrecognized keyword "=CE { for this message I dont have /etc/power.conf file} So would it be a fix if I turn the smf off for pmconfig?] .=CD ..=2E=A3" Loading smf(5) service descriptions: 2/2 WARNING: svccfg import /var/svc/manifest/network/rpc/100235_1-rpc_ticotsord.xml failed svccfg import...

How to disable a warning?
Here is the code: (from the book "On Lisp", chapter 23) (setq cont #'identity) SBCL complains: undefined variable: CONT The variable "CONT" can't be defined here -- I mean, using "defvar" or "defparameter", other macros depends on this undefined variable to do some tricky things. Is there a way to disable this warning? Then, any code using those macros will not cause warnings? In Visual C++, you can disable a specific type of warnings by: #pragma warning(disable:4786) Is there a similar method in Lisp? Thanks. normanj wrote: > Here is...

a warning message
Hi, Whenever I start my vim, I always got the following warning message. After I hit the enter key, the message disappears and I can start my normal process to vi my files. Could someone tell me which file is corupted? I suspected that viminfo.vim caused this problem. I tried to rename viminfo.vim but still I got the message. E575: viminfo: Illegal starting char in line: 4^I+^842^I21 E136: viminfo: Illegal starting char in line: ^I+^888^I21 ...... Could someone help me out? Thanks. JD ...

Warning in matlab
I'm doing the training process as much as 512 rows of data with the decimal type, when I do training with ANFIS, appear warning 'Warning: FOR loop index is too large. Truncating to 2147483647 ',, why? Help me ...

warnning message
I got that warnning message when I install Solaris . I do not know I may replace my Bios battery. Warnning : Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip check date . happytoday wrote: > I got that warnning message when I install Solaris . I do not know I > may replace my Bios battery. > > Warnning : Last shutdown is later than time on time-of-day chip check > date . I had this problem on a Dell laptop for some reason.When I ran it on battery power I got this error and other warnings about a clock skew, on AC power it was fine. I dont think it was anything to do w...

warning messages
how do you surpress a warning message?? The Data has been changed Another user edited this record and saved the changes before you attempted to save your changes. Re-edit the record ok when you press ok it allows you to edit the record. I am using unbound fields and when you change a field to something else and decide that you want to change it back the above message appears and I dont want to see it. Is there anyway to stop this message from appearing??? thanks bill ...

warning message
function xx = fsk_gen( bitstr, fs, bdur) len_bitstr = length(bitstr); num_array = abs(bitstr); bin_string = DEC2BIN(num_array,8); len_binstr = length(bin_string); k = len_binstr * len_bitstr; reshape(bin_string,1,k); inbits = abs(bin_string) - abs('0'); % convert string to array of binary numbers xx = []; tvec = [0:fs*bdur]/fs; % determine time interval %% Determine the frequency to output from the array of binary numbers for i = 1:length(inbits) if (inbits(i) == 1) xxp = 1650; elseif (inbits(i) == 0) xxp = 1850; else 'error&...

effective way for disabling javascript disabled warning in adobe reader
There is a way for disabling this annoying warning that tell me that javascript are disabled ? I know it's disabled it's my choice to disable them, and getting this warning, even if i choose to not display it again start to annoy me, and make me consider to go back to version 5 ...

Warning message
Hiya I have a macro whereby I am using proc report to print different information from the same dataset. There is no problem with producing the reports, however, as I using not necessarily selecting the same columns for each report I DEFINE all columns and specify what columns I require, via the COLUMN statement. I am producing a number of different reports from the same dataset. There are similarities within each report. It is just that some of the columns vary from report to report, and I don't want to produce a separate dataset (and report) for each criteria. I realise that one shou...

About warning message
Dear Listers; When I run a program, there are some warning message from the program, whil= e I am sure there is no error in my program, then does anyone know how to close these warning messages. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. -- Best regards, Tony Sure, but we will need you to send us a sample of the warning message(s), or a snippet of your log. -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tony Yang Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:36 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: About warning message Dear Listers; When I run a pro...

Can I convert a warning message to a error message to use try...catch?
Hi guys: I am trying to use "try catch" to find a singular matrix and then take inverse of non-singular matrix! However, there is only a warning message for inv() command. How can I convert a warning to a error then I can use try and catch? Thanks "Fei" <joey_qf@163.com> wrote in message news:1145360225.610363.128650@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi guys: > > I am trying to use "try catch" to find a singular matrix and then take > inverse of non-singular matrix! However, there is only a warning > message for inv() command. How can I...

Display Matlab messages when the function is called by Labview via Matlab script
I use Labview (version 6.1) to send variables to Matlab (version 7.0.4) via Matlab script and&nbsp;I would like to display some message on the command window of Matlab. The messages are displayed&nbsp;when I call my Matlab function from the command window of Matlab but not when&nbsp;the&nbsp;function is called&nbsp;from Labview. &nbsp; Do you have any idea how to solve this problem ? &nbsp; Regards, &nbsp; Julien. ...

Got a message from matlab: E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.m has the same name as a MATLAB builtin
Hi, I am new to matlab. I tried to run a script file from my professor in my laptop but got this message: Warning: Function E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.m has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict. > In path at 110 In paper2 at 9 Warning: Function E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.mexw32 has the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to avoid a potential name conflict. > In path at 110 In paper2 at 9 Does anybody please tell me what happened and how to fix the problem. Note that it works in my professor's pc. Thanks, Chinh To avoid this warning, renaming your M-files that have name conflicts with built-in functions. "Chinh Tran" <congchinh169@gmail.com> wrote in message <l25a5n$mea$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I am new to matlab. I tried to run a script file from my professor in my laptop but got this message: > > Warning: Function E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.m has the > same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to > avoid a potential name conflict. > > In path at 110 > In paper2 at 9 > Warning: Function E:\Matlab_tutorial\compecon2011\cetools\psi.mexw32 has > the same name as a MATLAB builtin. We suggest you rename the function to > avoid a potential name conflict. > > In path...