Display problem in Matlab Figure windows on mac running matlab remotely

I am running matlab remotely using x11 and I am having
trouble with the display in figure windows, such as with use
of plot() command.  The figure will appear with the correct
information, but the color mapping seems to be off, and most
often the window appears with a mix of purple and green
colors instead of black and white.  I am running a mac
(10.4.11) where I connect remotely using x11 to a linux
server where matlab 2007a is installed.  I would appreciate
any assistance.
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 13 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow