dividing an iamge into blocks and storing using indexing

i want to divide an image into blocks  and store each block with block location in the image.for example
image=[1     2     3     4;
           5     6     7     8;
           9    10    11   12;
           13  14     15  16];divide it into blocks of size (2 x 2)
g(1,1)=[1 2;                                         g(1,2)=[3  4;
            5 6];      //block(1,1)                              7 8];  //block(1,2)
                                                              same row of block but different coloum

g(2,1)=[9 10;                                      g(2,2)=[11 12;
            13 14];   //block(2,1)                            15 16];   //block(2,1)
                                                              same coloum of block but different row
0
kamran
3/29/2010 5:22:02 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207109 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"kamran javed" <kamranpieas@gmail.com> wrote in message <hopddq$3ac$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> i want to divide an image into blocks  and store each block with block location in the image.for example
> image=[1     2     3     4;
>            5     6     7     8;
>            9    10    11   12;
>            13  14     15  16];divide it into blocks of size (2 x 2)
> g(1,1)=[1 2;                                         g(1,2)=[3  4;
>             5 6];      //block(1,1)                              7 8];  //block(1,2)
>                                                               same row of block but different coloum
>

> g(2,1)=[9 10;                                      g(2,2)=[11 12;
>             13 14];   //block(2,1)                            15 16];   //block(2,1)
>                                                               same coloum of block but different row

stuff already available in the FEX...

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/14801

us
0
us
3/29/2010 5:29:04 AM
kamran javed wrote:
> i want to divide an image into blocks  and store each block with block
> location in the image.for example
> image=[1     2     3     4;
>           5     6     7     8;           9    10    11   12;
> 13  14     15  16];divide it into blocks of size (2 x 2)

blkproc() if your processing doesn't need to know what the coordinates
are of the submatrix that you are processing.
0
Walter

win32 process information, using win32 extension
i need to get information about the processes running on a windows pc (98, 2k, xp) i can get the pid's using, win32process.EnumProcesses()...and I can get a handle on a process using an id..such as handle = win32api.OpenProcess(win32con.PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION, 0, pids[0]) ...but how can i get the name of the process, path to process, etc. I have the win32 extensions (pywin32) on python 2.4. thanks. I started down the win32process path trying to solve the same problem. That only ended in misery for me. Try this recipie instead: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Re...

Nas can store oralce data base ?
hello. I heard that NAS ( using samba ) can't store oracle Database? is it right? I'd like know some reason why nas can't store oracle Database? but, I heard NAS can store MS-SQL data base? is it right? have a day. somez72 wrote: > hello. > I heard that NAS ( using samba ) can't store oracle Database? is it > right? > > I'd like know some reason why nas can't store oracle Database? > > but, I heard NAS can store MS-SQL data base? is it right? As far as I know it could, in theory. However, y...

What tool to use to map visually the links within a website
Hi, I am looking for a tool that will allow me to map visually the links within the website, so that I can see what files are linked to each other. Dreamweaver and FrontPage provides similar facilities but I am looking for a better program. I tried using Dreamweaver and FrontPage 2003, but I couldn't map the files visually automatically. If you have seen or used a program that can help me, please let me know . Thanks Joe TAM wrote the same as he/she/it wrote in another group. Where did you want the answers? http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html -- D...

How to re-write code without using setq?
here is code,which is looking for the path in labirinth (defun search_room (point labirint) (cond ((null labirint) nil) ((eql (caar labirint) point) (second (car labirint))) (t (search_room point (cdr labirint))))) (setq way '(in)) (defun search_path (labirint) (setq way (cons (search_room(first way) labirint) way)) ;(push (search_room(first *way-out*) labirint) *way- out*) (cons (eql (car way) 'out) (t (reverse way))) ;=D0=C5=D2=C5=D7=C1=D2=C1=DE=C9=D7=C1=C5=D4= =C1 =D0=CF=D4=CF=CD =D2=C1=DA=D2=D5=DB=C1=C5=D4 =D3=D0=C9=D3=CF=CB way ...

how to return from a blocked read() ?
Hello, I have a thread blocking on a read() call. Does anyone know how to make a blocking read call return from another thread? It seems like it would not be difficult but I have searched far and wide for this answer to no avail... unless i've been missing something. Thanks in advance. Bob On Jul 16, 10:53 am, Bob <bsagu...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a thread blocking on a read() call. Does anyone know how to > make a blocking read call return from another thread? It seems like it > would not be difficult but I have searched far and wi...

Blocking news posts?
Any idea how i can filter out certain people from my news groups listings? Niall On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:38:18 +0000 (UTC), "Niall Wallace" <Some@bloke.com.Fake.Addy> wrote: >X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158 > >Any idea how i can filter out certain people from my news groups listings? In OE6.0, you can highlight a message and select "Message->Block Sender" in the menus. -- Chris Cowley ccowley @ grok.co.uk On 28 Oct 2003, Chris Cowley wrote: > On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:38:18 +0000 (UTC), "Niall Wallace" > <Som...

Change Block Parameters in Simulation
Dear all, I'm just getting started with Simulink, worked myself yesterday through 100pages of tutorial and 12hour of videos - well at least it felt this way. And of course everything is much more complicated than I expected. I hope I'm not bothering you now with some stupid beginners questions: I need to change the parameters of a Block during the simulation. E.g. take a Sine-source and change the frequency. Can I somehow work with variables? I tried a workaround with an "embedded Matlab Block", where I added inputs for frequency and amplitude but there I could not fin...

Using tdom to validate a SOAP message against WSDL
Is it possible to pass tdom a WSDL file for parsing a SOAP message? I searched the tdom.org website but could not find a mention of SOAP : ( Many thanks Andrew On Jan 14, 10:54 am, Andrew2006 <mymate...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to pass tdom a WSDL file for parsing a SOAP message? > > I searched the tdom.org website but could not find a mention of SOAP : > ( Two things: 1. tDOM uses a DTD, not an XML schema. 2. SOAP validation is in addition to the payload validation 3. WSDL validation is in addition to SOAP Can you post a minimum example of what you a...

set/get_param of SL gain block
Hi, I like to parametrize my SL Gain block's Parameter Attributes: 'Parameter minimum:' 'Parameter maximum:' 'Parameter data type', e.g. to fixdt(1,16,13) How to get/set_param of those in detail? Thanks, Olaf ...

Using netfront xen driver in BSD based OS without using mbuf
Hello, I am working on an OS which is freebsd based, we do not use the regular mbuf for packet processing but some customized packet buffers. They work fine with are regular physical NIC drivers. Now we want to port our OS on XEN using PV NIC. For this we need to use netfront driver. But after seeing the regular netfront driver implementation for BSD it looks like we need to use mbuf. Could some one please help us in using the netfront driver without using mbuf. Instead of it we want to use are customized packet buffer. Thanks in advance. ...

Block port 135, 139, 445 & RCP
I need help. How do I block ports on a PIX-515 and/or PIX-506? I would like to try and block the TCP ports: 135, 139, 445. I don't think we're using them, so I'd like to just close them. Also...what about blocking RCP over UDP and RCP over TCP? How do I put in blocks for those as well? Specifically, I am looking for the command syntax to enter in at the command line. Thanks. ______________________ Gina Bautista temecula27@earthlink.net -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the W...

divided difference matlab code
Hi.i am looking for matlab code of polynomial interpolation.Can any one help me? Thanks "lenias" <wilhemw82@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1mf5cqsvuc6l@legacy... > Hi.i am looking for matlab code of polynomial interpolation.Can any > one help me? > Thanks > polyfit and polyval might be of interest. Brett ...

Stored procedure can't be found
I'm trying to invoke a DB2 stored procedure. The stored proc is coded in C and compiled to a shared library, which has been placed in the <DB2 dir>/functions directory. The platform is Solaris. >From the debug log it seems that the stored procedure can't be found, although I don't know why. Using the control centre, I can see that the procedure name is defined in the database, however it can not be invoked. Can anyone shed any light on what could be causing this problem, or suggest anything for further investigation? The procedure is being invoked from Java code...

To use special color for () brackets in emacs lisp mode
How do I convince emacs lisp mode to use a separate color for highlightning () brackets? Thank you. dan.polansky@seznam.cz (Daniel Polansky) writes: > How do I convince emacs lisp mode to use a separate color > for highlightning () brackets? (defface paren-face '((((class color) (background dark)) (:foreground "grey30")) (((class color) (background light)) (:foreground "grey60"))) "Face used to dim parentheses.") (defun egoge-dim-parens () (font-lock-add-keywords nil '(("(\\|)" . 'paren-face)))) (add-hook ...

Internal Hard Using External Connections?
I have a WD 120 GB IDE hard drive. I simply don't have room to install it as an internla drive; are there any available USB unit drives that will allow me to "plug in" this Internal IDE drive and read and use the contents of it with my machine? Previously BigRIJoe@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a WD 120 GB IDE hard drive. I simply don't have room to install > it as an internla drive; are there any available USB unit drives that > will allow me to "plug in" this Internal IDE drive and read and use > the contents of it with my machine? Pracitally ev...

Got "ls: .: Stale NFS file handle" But I am NOT using NFS at all
Hi, there, I frequently get some error like "ls: .: Stale NFS file handle" but I am not using NFS at all. I checked /proc/fs/, there is a directory called nfs and a file exports in it but there is only # Version 1.1 # Path Client(Flags) # IPs in it. I don't know what I did to make the system think I am mounting nfs partitions. Any idea? Thanks a bunch. Shi Jin On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:07:26 -0400, in article <pan.2003.10.18.02.07.03.293877@hotmail.com>, Shi Jin wrote: > I frequently get some error like "ls: .: Stale NFS file handle" > but I am not usin...

about use ieee.numeric_std.all
Hi, I am using Maxplus II, but when I include this "use ieee.numeric_std.all" in my code, it has the following error message: Library error: primary unit "numeric_std" denoted by prefix "IEEE" must exist in the library. Where can I download the ieee.numeric_std.all ? Thx "lezah" <hazellearning@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:3aaf39d8.0402052000.5fea64ca@posting.google.com... > Hi, I am using Maxplus II, but when I include this "use > ieee.numeric_std.all" in my code, > it has the following error message: > Library error:...

Using parallels to share a folder from XP across a LAN. Possible?
I have a client who want to switch his entire business to macs. But they must still have a PC running for an application they use that shares a file across the LAN. Without going into specifics, he currently shares a database file from his PC to the LAN (cross- platform access). Will they be able to use parallels to run XP and share this file from XP parallels? Does a paralells pc use the same disk volume as the macOS? Is there a seperate IP for the virtual PC? Or will they have to keep one PC for this one share? There is no server in the network. The Sonicwall handles DHCP. On Oct 1...

How can I retrieve Hessian Matrix using GlobalSearch? #2
Hello, I'm using GlobalSearch with fmincon as a local searcher. When I used fmincon only, without GlobalSearch, I could get hessian as an output parameter of fmincon. To use GlobalSearch, however, I should call fmincon indirectly using 'run' function, which does not offer hessian output. I spent whole day searching for a solution but i couldn't. Would anyone help me? On 1/5/2011 8:21 AM, Kyuwon ? wrote: > Hello, > > I'm using GlobalSearch with fmincon as a local searcher. When I used > fmincon only, without GlobalSearch, I could get hessian as an out...

I/O Block Size
Group, On our AIX boxes the I/O block size is 512bytes. Is this always the case? Is it a tunable? If so, what is the statistic? Thanks in advance, Joe Rich - TeamQuest Corp Block: A contiguous, 512-byte region of a physical volume that corresponds in size to a DASD sector. This is often used interchangeably with sector. Is at the physical layer and can't be changed (I think), but you can change the logical block size or fragment size at the logical layer (512 to 4096) JFS and JFS2 supports block sizes of 512, 1024, 2048, and 4096 bytes on a per file system basis, allowing users ...

FAQ Topic
----------------------------------------------------------------------- FAQ Topic - How do I access a property of an object using a string? ----------------------------------------------------------------------- There are two ways to access properties: dot notation and square bracket notation. What you are looking for is the square bracket notation in which the dot, and the identifier to its right, are replaced with a set of square brackets containing a string. The value of the string matches the identifier. For example:- //dot notation var bodyElement = document.body; //squar...

Using closures with "use strict"
Hello, If I define a "use strict" and want to create a closure, how can I refer to the anonymous functions defined in that closure? Consider the following example: ------------------------------------------- use strict; { our $f = sub {print "Hi\n";}; } &$f; ------------------------------------------- Here compiler complains, and reports an error: "Variable "$f" is not imported at ~/test line 7." Obviously, though 'f' is declared using 'our' modifier, as there is no such a global variable called 'f', using 'our $...

close not detecting failure of a non-blocking pipe
Hello! Here is the simple test-script: set fd [open "|false"] fconfigure $fd -blocking 0 if {[catch {close $fd} e]} { puts "Good, failure detected by close: $e" } else { puts "Bad, failure not detected by close ($e)" } Wherever I try (with tclsh8.4, at least), I always get the "Bad" result. If I comment out the fconfigure line, the result changes to the expected one. Why is close(n) acting this way? Is this a bug, or a feature, which can -- somehow -- be useful in some circumstances? Thanks! -mi Mikhail Teterin wrote: >...

[MailServer Notification]Attachment Blocking Notification #2
The doc.dat.scr has been blocked, and Quarantine entire message has been taken on 6/10/2007 4:10:23 PM. Message details: Server:GULLIVER Sender: jane.garcia@guierfence.com; Recipient:wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org; Subject:Good day Attachment name:doc.dat.scr --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

How to transfer files between 2 computers using modem?
Hi, I wanted to write a VB program to transfer some files between 2 PCs situated remotely, say, 10 miles apart, using the public telephone network. This is basically what I want to do: 1. PC1 dials to PC2 2. PC2 will answer the call and then wait for response 3. PC1 sends a transfer command, with the filename attached 4. PC2 receives the command and the filename, and then it will go to its harddisk directory, retrieve the file, and then sends it to PC1. 5. PC1 receives the file, and then hangup the line. PC2 will hangup the line too. I have some knowledge in VB programming, but not the m...