Does Matlab 7.1 work on Windows 7?

Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy.
0
bpazolli (20)
10/25/2009 7:42:05 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

"Benjamin " <bpazolli@gmail.com> wrote in message <hc0vgd$p2r$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical application for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student edition is available in a physical copy.

I've been able to get MATLAB 7.1 (32-bit) to run on Windows 7 (64-bit) by setting the compatibility mode to "Vista SP2." Haven't had any problems so far.
0
duvarney (1)
10/29/2009 3:48:02 PM
On Oct 29, 9:48=A0am, "Dan DuVarney" <duvar...@reactive-systems.com>
wrote:
> "Benjamin " <bpazo...@gmail.com> wrote in message <hc0vgd$p2...@fred.math=
works.com>...
> > Could someone please tell me. I want to upgrade but it is a critical ap=
plication for me. As well I don't want to upgrade till 2009b student editio=
n is available in a physical copy.

> I've been able to get MATLAB 7.1 (32-bit) to run on Windows 7 (64-bit) by=
 setting the compatibility mode to "Vista SP2." Haven't had any problems so=
 far.

How do you swap that compatibility mode?

I just installed Windows 7 on a machine that was running Vista, and up
until I made the OS swap I was running MATLAB Student 7.1 without any
trouble. When I "upgraded" my 64-bit Vista to 64-bit Windows 7, MATLAB
was kept as one of my program files, as you would expect. However,
when I now run MATLAB, I wait a rather long time and then receive a
horribly long window full of error messages.

So perhaps this compatibility mode switch is just what the doctor
ordered, if you'll enlighten me as to how.
0
pruitmw (1)

In order to change the Compatibility Mode just try the following steps:

1.  Right click on the MATLAB shortcut or the setup.exe and choose properties.
2.  Go to the "Compatibility" tab
3.  Check the box "Run this program in Compatibility Mode for:".  Set this field to "Windows XP SP2" if you are using Vista or Windows 7).  If you are using Vista, you may also want to check "Disable
visual themes."  Press OK to confirm the settings.
4. Try to start MATLAB again.

Web resources like the following URLs may be instructive if find yourself needing to run an older version of MATLAB:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.html and
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/244472

Regards
Saskia
0
svehlow (1)

Matlab 7.1 on window 7
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ You may have this problem because Matlab needs a Java virtual machine, and the one that is included could not be 100% compatible with Windows 7... you can download an update for the JVM and copy the exe file to the bin matlab folder.... "Khairizan " <commwarr...

MATLAB 7.1 works on Win 7?
Hello, Intro: I've got MATLAB 7.1, which up until now I used on my Win XP Home, Lenovo laptop. Recently I bought Win 7 Home Premium, also Lenovo, laptop. Now I'm trying to install and use the same version of MATLAB on a new system. Problem: After inserting CD 1 and choosing Custom installation, at the 'Select destination folder' window - the installation stops and doesn't propagate all toolboxes' list to allow me to choose what I want. The buttons 'Next' & 'Back' are disabled, as well as 'Cancel' & 'Help'. Tried these step...

running matlab 7.1 on windows 7
when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, error starting desktop, please help "V NAVEEN " <anuj.navren90@gmail.com> wrote in message <hirlde$mii$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > when i start matlab 7.1 on win7, i get the following error message, > error starting desktop, > please help a hint: http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/previous_releases.html us ...

Matlab 7.1 on window 7 #2
I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. before I used vista and the installer work fine... please help.. or should i download another MATLAB version that compatible with Window 7? thanks~ On 10-08-30 01:46 PM, Khairizan wrote: > I am currently using window 7 ultimate 32bit.. > After finish install MATLAB 7.1, the software won't work.. > It's appear window with coding..i think it is a error.. > before I used vista and the installer work fi...

"if matlab version 7.1.0.246(R14) service pack 3 will work in windows 7, 32 bit"
As i am not able to open the subjected version in windows 7 32/64 bit even in compatibility mode. system is showing "start error desktop" with long list of files starting with "java" and ending with "source unknown. please give the solution. "manjit singh" <manjit2970@gmail.com> wrote in message news:i9s7o6$ltt$1@fred.mathworks.com... > As i am not able to open the subjected version in windows 7 32/64 bit even > in compatibility mode. system is showing "start error desktop" with long > list of files starting with "java&qu...

Matlab 7.1 (2005) and Windows 7 Home Premium
I'm able to run Matlab 7.1 in Win7 HP. But when I tried to run this: Output = [Variable'; fcnMat2Cells(Results)] OutFile = [CurDir SubjFdr{q} SsnFdr{y} '_aGC.xls']; % Out filename if exist(OutFile) == 2 delete(OutFile); end xlswrite(OutFile, Output); I encountered this error: ______________________________________________________________________ ??? Error using ==> run Invoke Error, Dispatch Exception: Source: Microsoft Office Excel Description: Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file 'F:\MRC\Research\Projects\RevBike\LW\Pre_S0\Walk'. There...

Can I install some toolboxes of Matlab 7.1 service pack in Matlab 7.2
In our laboratory we have one license of Matlab 7.1 service pack (with all tool boxes). Recently, we are not using Matlab 7.1 instead we are using Matlab 7.2. This version of Matlab 7.2 is a new license but we bought only few essential toolboxes like control system toolbox etc. However, recently we need to use Statistics toolbox for some design. Therefore, we have to use two versions of Matlab (i.e. both 7.2 and 7.1) which is inconvenient and time consuming. I would like to know: 1. Is it possible to install the statistics toolbox of Matlab 7.1 service pack in Matlab 7.2 ? 2. If possible, wh...

How to display MATLAB version (e.g., "MATLAB 7.1") in Windows taskbar?
I am working on converting some MATLAB code from version 6.5.2 to 7.1 and often have several (up to three) versions of MATLAB running at the same time. Each one shows up in the Windows taskbar with just the name "MATLAB." Is there a way to have it display something like "MATLAB 7.1" and "MATLAB 6.5.2" so I can easily tell which version is which from just the taskbar? Thanks, Peter Neumann This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080708050208070604060508 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding...

LabView 7.1 and MATLAB 7
LabView 7.1 hangs when I try to send variable to MATLAB 7 workspace using standart LabView to MATLAB script. Nothing appears in MATLAB 7 workspace. When I tried to run the MATLAB Script-Fractal.vi (MATLAB script node has only outputs) from examples directory - everything work fine. When I run the MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi from examples - error message appears:"Error 1047 occurred at LabVIEW: LabVIEW failed to send variable to the script server. Server:"Inappropriate input array size" in MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi". Using LabView 7.1 with previous version of ...

Matlab scripts are not working with matlab 7
I am trying to run a VI with a matlab script, but after upgrading to Matlab 7 the VI is not working anymore and returns error 1047 Beppe04 wrote: > I am trying to run a VI with a matlab script, but after upgrading to > Matlab 7 the VI is not working anymore and returns error 1047 Many responses to this here on comp.lang.labview. It doesn't work yet and NI is looking into it. Search the Developer Exchange archive for relevant information. Rolf Kalbermatter This is a known issue and being worked on. Between MATLAB 6.5.1 (R13.1) and 7.0 (R14), the Mathworks changed the behavior ...

Running a GA code (from Matlab 7.1) in matlab 6.1
I have a m file of Genetc algorithm code which is written using the GA toolbox of Matlab 7.I wanted to run this code on a server which is having matlab 6.1..I tried copying all the GA toolbox files and use it along with my code in matlab 6.1.But it is giving an error using function builtin.when i opened the builtin.m file it shows some unintelligible characters.. Is it possible to run this code on matlab 6.1 by any means.. Anil Biradar wrote: > > > I have a m file of Genetc algorithm code which is written using the > GA toolbox of Matlab 7.I wanted to run this code on a server wh...

7.0 vs. 6.5: (matlab 7.0 does not work) question on using MSVC matlab add-in to generate m-dll to speed-up my program
Dear all, I was using Matlab 6.5 MSVC matlab add-in macro to generate m-MEX-dll used in Matlab for speeding-up my program. I created a new "matlab project" in MSVC 6.0. Then load the m-file "ProcessBitmap.m" which is the m-file I want to convert into MEX dll to use in the matlab command line. Then I built the "dll" file in MSVC 6.0. The generated "ProcessBitmap.dll" can be successfully used in matlab 6.5 command line without any trouble. It can be used inside the matlab command line. Even if I delete the original "m-file", the "ProcessB...

how to open Matlab 7.0.1 .fig file in Matlab 6.1?
I am having problem in opening a Matlab 7.0.1 .fig file in Matlab 6.1 The error message says: "Error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\MATLAB6p1\work\problem.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." ...

Re: Matlab scripts are not working with matlab 7
Dear Jon Bowers I am facing the same problem with Matlab 7.&nbsp; Is there any permanent solution? Please let me know about the same. Regards, Basanta ...

Web resources about - Does Matlab 7.1 work on Windows 7? - comp.soft-sys.matlab

The Windows Blog

Reliable window washers a godsend in the booming service industry
Tidy your room, put on your pants &ndash; or at least pull the curtains. The window cleaner sees everything, and sometimes it's not pretty

Dick Smith float looks like window dressing
There are plenty of questions to be answered about the failed chain's financial health when it was sold to shareholders.

PD: Wendy's manager told to break all of the windows in phone hoax
Break the windows of your restaurant. Right now.

Chrome picks up bonus security features on Windows 10
(credit: Moyan Brenn ) The Windows 10 November update (version 1511, build 10586) included a handful of new security features to provide protection ...

Microsoft: Windows 10 will keep you safe, and this is how
The reason Microsoft has given for pushing Windows 10 so aggressively is it wants to get users to a "safe place" . Very altruistic. Although ...

Here's why Microsoft wants everyone to get Windows 10 by July — and what happens if they don't
Microsoft is giving away Windows to any existing customers for free until July 29, 2016. This is a dramatic shift from how previous versions ...

Seoul: North Korea moves up rocket launch window
Outside governments suspect planned rocket launch is a banned test of ballistic missile technology