Does Visual Studio compilers support student version MATLAB

Hello, my goal is make cuda code working at my MATLAB student version .I have 2010 Visual Studio with MATLAB Version(R2011a)

This is my VER

MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a)
MATLAB License Number: STUDENT
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode
MATLAB                                                Version 7.12       (R2011a)
Simulink                                              Version 7.7        (R2011a)
Control System Toolbox                                Version 9.1        (R2011a)
DSP System Toolbox                                    Version 8.0        (R2011a)
Fixed-Point Toolbox                                   Version 3.3        (R2011a)
Image Processing Toolbox                              Version 7.2        (R2011a)
Optimization Toolbox                                  Version 6.0        (R2011a)
Parallel Computing Toolbox                            Version 5.1        (R2011a)
Signal Processing Toolbox                             Version 6.15       (R2011a)
Statistics Toolbox                                    Version 7.5        (R2011a)
Symbolic Math Toolbox                                 Version 5.6

EDU>> setup_cuda_mex
Note that only Visual Studio compilers are supported.
Creating cudamexopts.bat based on mexopts.bat...
Creating cuda_mex.pl based on mex.pl...
??? Error using ==> fprintf
Invalid file identifier.  Use fopen to generate a valid file
identifier.

My qustion is why I got an error here ?

EDU>> setup_cuda_mex
Note that only Visual Studio compilers are supported.
Creating cudamexopts.bat based on mexopts.bat...
Creating cuda_mex.pl based on mex.pl...
??? Error using ==> fprintf
Invalid file identifier.  Use fopen to generate a valid file
identifier.

Error in ==> setup_cuda_mex at 73
    fprintf(fid_cuda_mex, '%s', line);

please nedd help

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

connect visual studio 10 and matlab
I have created gui in visual studio 10(c#) and i want to open that gui with matlab(version 7.6.1).Can anyone help me with that? ...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

MATLAB Student Version, Database Toolbox, SQL Server 2008 Express;
Hi, I am new here; thanks in advance for your patience. Can the Database Toolbox be added to the MATLAB Student Version? If so, is SQL Server 2008 Express supported? Which other versions of MATLAB, if any, support SQL Server 2008 Express? Nicole ...

Matlab 6 Student Version 12 w/Simulink [Windows
I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of Matlab. How may I resolve this dilemma ? Appreciatively, C.Thomas "Courtney Thomas" <ccthomas@joimail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2005.05.18.13.50.51.891670@joimail.com... >I purchased this copy from a university bookstore in California and the > bookstore employee, as an inducement to purchase, indicated that the > necessary permanent password would be forthcoming. He never provided it. > > In short I was deceived and defrauded and now have an unusable copy of > Matlab. > > How may I resolve this dilemma ? The Student Version of MATLAB shouldn't need a password -- the bookstore employee was probably thinking of the professional version of MATLAB, which does require a passcode or a license file. Chapter 2 of the Learning MATLAB 6 manual, which should have been included in the box, discusses how to install the Student Version. As long as you follow the instructions in that chapter and have your documentation CD in the drive when you start MATLAB, it should work. There is one issue that you may run into if your machine has a Pentium 4 -- see section 27 of this document for instructions on how to avoid this issue. http://www.mathwo...

MS Visual Studio + WCF + BasicHTTP + WSDL + Missing <soap:fault> element + Matlab
Hi, It goes like this... I have a web-service (WCF, BasicHTTP, HttpGetEnabled set to true) running under WCF (.Net 3.5). Everything works fine and I have a client (.Net) talking with the web-service with no problem. I tried to connect to the server using Matlab. I'm using Matlab 7.7.0 which is R2008b version that supports web-services operations. I tried creating a class out of the WSDL (Auto generated by WCF) using: Ser = createClassFromWsdl('http://localhost/Server?WSDL'); But, I get the following error: ??? Error using ==> createClassFromWsdl>parseWsdl at 76 java.io.IOException: ERROR: Missing <soap:fault> element inFault "ServerFault" in operation "ServerFault", in binding Ping Error in ==> createClassFromWsdl at 32 R = parseWsdl(wsdlUrl); The implemintation of the method is: [ServiceContract(Namespace = "MyServer")] public interface IServerComponentBase { [OperationContract] [FaultContract(typeof(ServerFault))] string Ping(); ServerFault is a standard class, nothing special... I investigated the problem and it seems that he there is some standard incompatibility. this is the WSDL entry that was auto generated: <wsdl:portType name="IMyServer"> <wsdl:operation name="Ping"> <wsdl:input wsam:Action="MyServer/IServerComponentBase/Ping" message="tns:IMyServer_Ping_InputMessage"/> <wsdl:output wsam:Action="MyServer/IServerComponentBase/P...

Slow graphics rendering when GUI is compiled using the Matlab compiler
Hi, I have been trying to compile a GUI involving some sliderbars that lets the user slide through images. When running under Matlab it runs fine, but when compiled to a stand alone application there is significant lag from when the user clicks the slider bars to when the image is updated. Non graphical processes seem to be running at the same speed. Is this to be expected from the compiler or is there a potential fix? Cheers Soren ...

how to link between matlab and visual
hi every one i want to take image from Vb interface send it to matlab and process it and get the result back to vB i had 2 questions 1- how i will link between the Vb interface and matlab iwant the image to store in TestImage variable matlab code : TrainDatabasePath = ('C:\Users\Desktop\PCA\TrainDatabase' ); TestImage ; %%% here i want the image to be send im = imread(TestImage); T = CreateDatabase(TrainDatabasePath); [m, A, Eigenfaces] = EigenfaceCore(T); OutputName = Recognition(TestImage, m, A, Eigenfaces); SelectedImage = strcat(TrainDatabasePath,'\',OutputName); SelectedImage = imread(SelectedImage); imshow(im) title('Test Image'); figure,imshow(SelectedImage); title('Equivalent Image'); str = strcat('Matched image is : ',OutputName); disp(str) 2- i want to ask about the dll file if i had 6 .m function files do i make them all dll or just the first main file ? thanks ...

Discrepancy in MATLAB versions
Hi , I am profiling code in two different versions of MATLAB (2009a and 2012a). The machine 2012a is installed is newer than the machine with 2009a, and thus, a better CPU. However, when I execute the following: A=magic(10000) A.*A I received two different timing results, the 2009a results (414.0415 seconds) are much lower than 2012a (574.746 seconds). Any suggestion on why this is the case would be greatly appreciated. Also, all other subsecquent code in MATLAB 2012a is much lower than 2009a. Thanks On 29 apr, 15:30, "Jerome " <the_r...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi , > I am profiling code in two different versions of MATLAB (2009a and 2012a). The machine 2012a is installed is newer than the machine with 2009a, and thus, a better CPU. However, when I execute the following: > > A=magic(10000) > A.*A > > I received two different timing results, the 2009a results (414.0415 seconds) are much lower than 2012a (574.746 seconds). Any suggestion on why this is the case would be greatly appreciated. > > Also, all other subsecquent code in MATLAB 2012a is much lower than 2009a. > > Thanks Simple question, but hard to answer: What happens if you exchange Matlab versions? I know, too much trouble, but this may shed some light on your problem. And do you have more memory available to the 2009a version? Just some thoughts. Good luck "Jerome " <the_rome@hotmail.com> wrote in message <jnjfp0$9fc$1@newscl01a...

How to compile some matlab modules ?
A newbie question. I have heard that matlab function can be compiled into a standalone program using mcc that can be called from a DOS window. I presume it can be called using a system command from matlab. However, I want to be able to call it directly inside matlab. The goal is to speed up, and convert my functions into a tightly compiled version as I go. What are the available options for compilation of parts functions so I can call them from other functions and scripts ? Roger. On 5/12/2012 5:44 PM, Roger wrote: > A newbie question. > > I have heard that matlab function can be compiled into a standalone > program using mcc that can be called from a DOS window. I presume it can > be called using a system command from matlab. However, I want to be able > to call it directly inside matlab. > > The goal is to speed up, and convert my functions into a tightly > compiled version as I go. > > What are the available options for compilation of parts functions so I > can call them from other functions and scripts ? That would be writing Fortran/C/C++ mex-files and calling them instead of m-files. I don't think the deployment tool does much if anything to actually speed up execution of m-files... -- ...

Detect matlab version
Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file. The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying IF (MATLAB < 2007) use this ELSE use imhist END Does this exist? thank you Erik wrote: > Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am using while running a file. AllVers = ver; ThisVer = AllVers(strcmp({AllVers.Name},'MATLAB')); You can then either look at ThisVer.Release(2:end-1) to get out 'R2007a' (for example), or at ThisVer.Version to get out '7.4' (for example) "Erik " <Idont@wantSpam.co> wrote in message news:gd35ou$l1m$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Is there a variable I can query to discover the version of matlab I am > using while running a file. > > The old code for imhist does not work with the new imhist code (the new > code is much better) I would like to have a statement saying > > IF (MATLAB < 2007) > use this > ELSE > use imhist > END > > > Does this exist? Use VER, VERSION, and/or VERLESSTHAN: http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/ver.html http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/version.html http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/verlessthan.html As the Remarks section of the VERLESSTHAN reference page indicates, if your version of MATLAB doesn&#...

Add a Compiler to Matlab
I've installed Visual Studio 2008 Professional E. but now when I execute "mbuild -setup" in matlab there is only the Lcc compiler. I've a win32 platform and my version of matlab is R2008a. How can I do to add C++ compiler? Thanks Alessandro On 1 Nov, 18:49, "Alessandro Berti" <alessandro_be...@hotmail.it> wrote: > I've installed Visual Studio 2008 Professional E. but now when I execute "mbuild -setup" in matlab there is only the Lcc compiler. > I've a win32 platform and my version of matlab is R2008a. How can I do to add C++ compiler? Did you install the C++ package with visual studio? Does matlab find the C++ compiler with MEX? Type mex -setup and see what options matlab lets you have. There is the chance that VS 2008 is too new for R2008a to know about; you might have to upgrade to R2008b. Rune "Alessandro Berti" <alessandro_berti@hotmail.it> wrote in message <gei4qe$ag3$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I've installed Visual Studio 2008 Professional E. but now when I execute "mbuild -setup" in matlab there is only the Lcc compiler. > I've a win32 platform and my version of matlab is R2008a. How can I do to add C++ compiler? You might take a look of this: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/18508 Bruno Rune Allnor <allnor@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message <45605f92-1b7a-4f26-aa7d-a5af762784e4@c2g2000pra.googlegroups.com>... > On 1 Nov, 18:49...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Matlab Compiling and Parallel Running
Hi, I have a question regarding using compiled Matlab executables. I have a compiled Matlab code that runs. When the code runs, it creates a folder inside "T:\Temp\mcrCache7.14". For some reason I have to erase that directory every time I need to run the code, otherwise, it fails. So I wrote a PERL script to call the Matlab executable and to handle the erasing of the directory inside the mcrCache directory. All is well so far. The problem is that now I am running such Matlab compiled code in parallel, and I guess now that creates a problem. Now, the PERL scripts might erase the mcrCache while other PERL script is still running! Questions: 1) I wonder why we even need that mcrCache in the first place. Why can't Matlab just compile an executable that contains everything it needs (self-contained) and that runs locally??? 2) If the mcrCache is something that is needed and I can't take away (see question 1), then how do I handle this problem of running in parallel a compiled Matlab program? Any help in this matter is appreciated. Thanks, Noel Andres ...

Error while using matlab compiler
Hello, I have the R2011a MATlab release, and while converting my code to a stand alone application using mcc, I get the following warnings: Warning: an error occurred while parsing class uimgr.uiexplorer: Undefined function or method 'findclass' for input arguments of type 'double'. In C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\shared\spcuilib\@uimgr\@uiitem\schema.p>schema at 138 In C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\shared\spcuilib\@uimgr\@uimenu\schema.p>schema at 12 Warning: an error occurred while parsing class uimgr.uiitem: Invalid data type. > In C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\toolbox\shared\spcuilib\@uimgr\@uimenu\schema.p>schema at 12 Warning: an error occurred while parsing class uimgr.uimenu: Invalid superclass handle. My code does not take inputs, but it does call .m files as functions - which shouldn't be a problem because the gui of matlab compiler is quite simple, all I did was add the main calling file in the main file section and the called functions in the shared resources/helper files section. What is the reason behind this error? the compiler successfully builds a .exe file but I don't get my output while running the application. My code uses the following toolboxes: Computer vision toolbox Neural network toolbox I would be grateful if someone could help me out! regards, Rakshit P.S - My program also calls saved variables in .mat files using the load function! Also could someone give me a link to ...

New matlab compiler in R14
When I was trying to compile some Matlab function that uses Neural Networks toolbox, I got the following error messages (I used Matlab Compiler version 3): ========================================== The MATLAB Compiler does not currently support MATLAB object-oriented programming. References to the method "network" will produce a run-time error. The MATLAB Compiler does not currently support MATLAB object-oriented programming. References to the method "init" will produce a run-time error. The call to function "train" on this line could not be bound to a function that is known at compile-time. A run-time error will occur if this code is executed. ========================================== Does Matlab Compiler 4 still have same limitations? Is it possible to compile functions from NN toolbox? Thanks in advance. MATLAB Compiler 4.0 can compile objects. It can also compile part of the Neural Net toolbox. As you may be aware, the Neural Net toolbox generates M-files when training a network. If you compile a Neural Net toolbox application that generates M-files, this application will NOT work in deployed mode (it will probably compile, but you will get runtime errors when the application tries to execute the M-files generated during the training process). However, if your Neural Network toolbox application has already been trained when you compile it, it should run just fine. "Alexander Statnikov" <alexander.statnikov@vanderbilt.edu&...

single-threaded compiled matlab
Is it possible to make compiled matlab for version 7.8 (2009a) or later single-threaded? The maxNumCompThreads function apparently is no longer supported, and compiling inside matlab with the -singleCompThread specified, not surprisingly, does not work. Thanks for your help. Steve "Steve Rennie" <srennie89@hotmail.com> wrote in message <h9iong$b9g$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is it possible to make compiled matlab for version 7.8 (2009a) or later single-threaded? > > The maxNumCompThreads function apparently is no longer supported, and compiling inside matlab with the -singleCompThread specified, not surprisingly, does not work. > > Thanks for your help. > > Steve Hi Steve, Are you building a standalone or a shared library? For shared libraries you can pass "-singleCompThread" to mclInitializeApplication as an option. In the case of standalone you can compile with mcc -R -singleCompThread -mv foo.m ==================== function foo maxNumCompThreads ==================== If you run the compiled exe you will see 1 being printed. Thanks, Shaf Hi, I have similar problems. I want to compile a matlab function to stand-alone program with mcc. What I do is to start matlab as matlab -singleCompThread Then on the command line I execute mcc -m -v -R singleCompThread -R nojvm -R nodesktop -R nosplash myFunction.m Everything compiles, but when I run myFunction, I still see that it uses more than 100% processor ...

AVT pike support with matlab
I am trying to using AVT pike camera along with Matlab 2009a. I have Windows XP 32bit installed on my PC. I have installed the CMU dcam driver & uninstalled all AVT drivers but have no luck in getting the preview working in matlab. 1) How do I capture or preview video. 2) Can I acquire all modes (resolution and binning modes) 3) My requirement is getting about 10000 frames of data at 390fps (320x240 12 bit) Can Matlab get this much data without &#8216;out of memory&#8217; error or skipping any frames. Is there any limitation of Matlab to get maximum data rate ? I am also using 64bit matlab on 64bit Windows 1) I do not have a dcam driver listed when I use imaqhwinfo. 2) I also use &#8216;Hamamatsu ORCA-R2 C10600-10B&#8217; camera, and it does not support resolution of 320x240 or lower than 320x240. Hi, > I am trying to using AVT pike camera along with Matlab 2009a. > I have Windows XP 32bit installed on my PC. It is important what SP you got. Starting with SP2 it is impossible to use 1394B devices at more than 100Mbit/s. There is a fix available from Microsoft, but this does NOT really help. With XP you got two possibilities: 1) Downgrade (at least the FireWire driver) to SP1. There are tools available that can handle this... 2) Use the AVT 1394BusDriver. This is available from the AVT website. 3) Most probable there are some other tools around... > I have installed the CMU dcam driver & uninstalled all AVT drivers but ...

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Change of version for MATLAB files
Hi , I have installed MATLAB 7, now if I want to install 6.5 then how to change the version of MATLAB files which are made in version 7, as some files of newer version may not work in older version? "rajesh " <rajesh.shaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ff9e6t$26v$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi , > I have installed MATLAB 7, now if I want to install 6.5 > then how to change the version of MATLAB files which are > made in version 7, as some files of newer version may not > work in older version? There is NO version number for your m files when you create them? they are just plain text file. But If you create an .m file which runs ok under version 7, and you want this file to run ok under earlier versions (assuming it does not), then you need to make the necessary changes in your m file to make it run under earlier versions (this is sometimes called backporting). But if your m file calls function(s) that are part of Matlab and those functions only exist in version 7 and not in the erarlier version, then you might be out of luck there. I am not sure why you want to do this. The common practice is to go the other way. Any reason why, if you have version 7 you want to use version 6.5? may be if you give the reason it would help to give you a better advice. Nasser On Oct 18, 10:13 pm, "Nasser Abbasi" <n...@12000.org> wrote: > "rajesh " <rajesh.s...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > ne...

Intel Fortran compiler Matlab
HI, I am trying to call fortran files from matlab 2012a and want to choose intel fortran as my compiler. I have intel visual fortran composer XE 2011 update 9 and microsoft visual studio 10.0 When I run mex -setup and let matlab search for installed compilers it does not find it, if I choose not searching and then option 8 I get an error message when I run mex yprimef.F (the example that comes with matlab, yes it's in the working directory) error message says 'unable to locate compiler' any suggestions? thanks. I just updated my 2012a with XE 2011 update 10 on 64-bit Windows 7 and was pleasantly surprised to see that it recognized both the older 11.1.072 version and the new one (listed as Intel Visual Fortran 12). Maybe the difference is that I installed the Microsoft SDK 7.1 rather than trying to work out the various MS Studio shells. Can't say; I'm no expert. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8442 ...

Web resources about - Does Visual Studio compilers support student version MATLAB - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Pico Compiler - java code editor, ide and offline compiler on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Pico Compiler - java code editor, ide and offline compiler. Download ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Apple seeds devs with Safari 5.2 for Lion, Xcode 4.4 with new LLVM compiler
... to the general public this summer. Among the new features: According to Apple, Xcode 4.4 includes an editor for Collada 3D files, compiler support ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...