downsampling with rate transition block

Hello,

I want to downsample a signal in Simulink, but as I don't have the Signal Proccessing Toolbox available, I am looking for a different way.

I noticed the rate transition block and having a look at the help I have the impression, that it has the same functionality. Has anybody experiences with it?
0
mathcom (6)
9/2/2009 11:56:04 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 14 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Simulink rate transition block
Do I have to have a unit delay when upsampling the output of a slow subsystem? I have an s-function that can generate a discrete output at time t=0,1,2,3,... which I want to compare (in a scope) with native Simulink blocks that output at say 0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3,... This requires a rate transition on the s-function output. I would expect my s-function output to be held at f(0) until t=1 then step up. However, the rate transition block won't pass through my f(0) value until t=0.1 and it is always 0.1s behind from then on. If the s-function output is available at t=0, why can't it be used th...

finding rate transition block
hi friends, is there any block with name rate transition block. if yes, in which library it is available. thanks in advance regards Madhu <http://xdm001.googlepages.com/0.htm> #25104;&#40857;15&#20301;&#22899;&#21451; <http://xdm001.googlepages.com/1.htm> &#24072;&#29983;&#24651; <http://xdm001.googlepages.com/2.htm> #23089;&#20048;&#22280;&#19982;&#40657;&#31038;&#20250;&#25581;&#31192 ; <http://xdm001.googlepages.com/3.htm> #32769;&#33433;&#33993; &#29616;&#36523; <http://xdm001.googl...

Embedded Matlab Running Rate of a block
Is it possible to identify the rate in which an Embedded Matlab block is running instead of hard coding it? For example a model is running a discreet time step at 400Hz, is there a way to find this 400Hz value in the embedded matlab code, updated dynamically at run time to be used for a function that has to know what the running rate is? ...

How to use the rate transition block in simulink?
Hi, I am new to Simulink, especially designing discrete, sample-based, multirate systems. The simulink manual on the rate transition block states that, "the Zero-Order Hold block also enables transfer of data between blocks operating at different rates. However, you should use the Rate Transition block for this purpose because it is designed specifically for this purpose, offers a wider range of options, and is easier to use." I am sampling a higher (slower) rate data stream at a slower (faster) rate and would like to know how I can use the rate transition block to do the job, ins...

Single-tasking mode and rate transition blocks
Hi, I'm afraid I haven't understood what the manuals tried to tell me about single-tasking mode. Let me resume what I already know(?): Single-tasking mode does not inhibit multi-rate systems, but it results in a single thread if real-time code is generated. The sample time has therefore to be adjusted to meet the most critical case. OK, here's my question: Do I have to use rate transition blocks for single-tasking models if real-time code is generated for them? By default, warnings or errors concerning illegal rate transitions are disabled in this mode. Thanks, LarsG Hi Lar...

Changing operation of rate transition blocks (Simulink)
I am using rate transition blocks in one of my Simulink/SPS models.The block is supposed to show a label on the block in order to indicate the type of operation (e.g. ZOH, 1/Z, NoOp, etc.). However, even if the block seems to work, it always shows: NoOp. Not sure why that is the case. Instead of a ZOH, I would like to use a FOH operation of the rate transition block. However, it does not seem to be very straight forward task as the block itself does not allow for direct manipulation of the rate transition block operation. My question is, does anyone know how to manipulate the operation of r...

Problem with Rate Transition / Merge blocks in Simulink
Hi, I have a Simulink design that comprises of 2 sets of rate transition blocks input to a Merge block. --------------------------------------------------------- The signal from 'my_design/Rate Transition' output port 1 is required to be persistent, hence this signal cannot be connected to a Merge block. --------------------------------------------------------- Does the Merge block support different rate signals as its input? I want to switch between two signals with different rates but do not know how? Thank you. ...

"FOR MATLAB PROFESSIONALS :::: ERROR RATE CALCULATION BLOCK PROBLEM"
In the Error Rate Calculation Block in Simulink, I'm having a problem of writing a number in the Receive Delay field, therefore my model is calculating errors even with no channel. I have tried using Align signals, however this still doesn't work. This problem occurs for eg when I using Convolutional Encoding and subsequent Viterby decoding. Do any of Matlab Professionals have an answer, regarding how to calculate "MANUALLY" the receive delay in bits, similar to what is given in all of Simulink model Demos in Matlab7 as well as Matlab 7.5 Please mail me at shah...

how to write a matlab function block in simulation block
i want to write a matlab function block in simulation block naidu wrote: > > > i want to write a matlab function block in simulation block have a look on this URL: <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/simulink/ug/f6-6010.html> ...

connecting mux block with matlab function block
Hi, I connected mux with matlab function block with three inputs to mux and one output to function block. After running the error is that the matlab function block is unable to receive or treat input signal from mux block as it is unable to access 3 components of a vector which I am feeding to function block. Can anyone suggest me better way of connecting mux with function block. ...

procs/blocks
Well, maybe not blocks with blocks but blocks with yield? although right now, I only have a fix for procs with blocks and not blocks with blocks via blocks with yield when a proc block is not in stock... class Proc alias __proc_block_call call alias __proc_block_indexer [] def call(*args, &block) __proc_block_call(*(block.nil? ? args : args << block)) end def [](*args, &block) __proc_block_indexer(*(block.nil? ? args : args << block)) end end ----- usage prc = Proc.new {|arg, proc_block| p arg proc_block[arg] } prc.call("Foo") {|...

SImulink
Hi all, I am trying to output a string data (eg: Low, Moderate, High) to display block. But i got error of Character outputs are not supported in Simulink and Stateflow. Cast 'y' to int8 or uint8 instead. May i know it is NOT possible to display string on Display Block? If it is so... how should i output my value from Embedded Matlab Block to Command Window? Thanks. "st " <cell_st@hotmail.com> wrote in message <ii5i3b$iim$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > Hi all, > > I am trying to output a string data (eg: Low, Moderate, High) ...

Blue Embbeded Matlab blocks in Custom Block Library
I am creating a Custom Block Library. This library contains subsystem, which in turn contain Embedded Matlab functions. My problem is, the foreground color of this Embedded Matlab blocks are turned to blue in the model I dragged them into. The foreground color is black in the Custom Block Library. Even setting the foreground color explicitly to black (or even a other color) doesn't work. In the model they are always blue. Other blocks or subsystems aren't effected. ...

To Block or not to Block
Hi, I've written a client server application using non-blocking sockets and most of the time it works fine, apart from when a message is send down the socket that causes the the non-blocking socket to want to block. This however returns an error because it's not able to block. Therefore is there anyway to get round this problem without setting the socket to block and not having to send the message in smaller chunks. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks Rob Robin Cawsey wrote: > Hi, > I've written a client server application using > non-blocking sockets and...

Web resources about - downsampling with rate transition block - comp.soft-sys.matlab

How iTunes Match solves my obscure downsampling problem
I have a longstanding audio quality problem with iTunes but iTunes Match will finally resolve it for me. Hurray! Hopefully this post will help ...

Discrete Fourier transform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , the discrete Fourier transform (DFT) is a specific kind of discrete transform , used in Fourier analysis . It transforms one ...

Untitled Film Works
Documentary, commercial + wedding film production throughout Australia and internationally. An award winning studio lead by cinematographer Abraham ...

Tales of Eternia Preview for PSP from 1UP.com
For the best Previews of Tales of Eternia for PSP, check out this page on 1UP.com

Fixed Pixel Display - AfterDawn: Glossary of technology terms & acronyms
... as DLP, LCD, and Plasma are Fixed Pixel Displays. Unlike a CRT which can display a number of resolutions natively (without upsampling or downsampling), ...

Sophie Cam review - All About Symbian
Regardless of my own feelings on these social utilities mangling and downsampling your photos, I realised that Sophie Cam (which at least preserves ...

Console version of Diablo III "up and running" inside Blizzard
... port for Torchlight 2 , Runic Games CEO Max Schaefer told IGN in September that such a move would require extra development time and downsampling ...

Attack Magazine
Ableton Live 9.1, innovations in grime, lawsuits and cancellations, and EZ interviews Todd Edwards about garage. Ableton showcase Live 9.1. ...

E-Mail-Post an einen Freund senden
Blogger ist ein kostenloses Veröffentlichungs-Tool von Google, mit dem Sie auf einfache Weise Ihre Gedanken der Welt mitteilen können. Mit Blogger ...