Eb/No versus BER plot

hi,
well this prob anooying me for a long time..hope anyone of you can
help me......actually im plotting the BER vs EbNo plot for a
convolutionally coded (k/n) system......am using the simulink 'awgn'
block and wants to know the parameters that need to be put in...im
putting the parameters as follows

Mode= Signal to Noise ratio (Es/No)

Es/No= Eb_No( the value im inputting from 0-14) +
10log10(2/3)(factor iv added because of 1/3 coding)

input signal power= 1

symbol period= (2/3)(factor iv added for 1/3
coding)*(3.125e-7/100)(my bit period)

the plots i get from these parameters doesnt match the theoretical
plot..:(

regards
asad
comp.soft-sys.matlab 210408 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

I think you may be entering this coding factor (2/3) twice.
Check the help page titled "Describing the Noise Level of an AWGN
Channel" in the communications toolbox.
(Also check: rate 1/3 coding entered as 2/3?)

asad mahmood wrote:

> hi,
> well this prob anooying me for a long time..hope anyone of you can
> help me......actually im plotting the BER vs EbNo plot for a
> convolutionally coded (k/n) system......am using the simulink
> 'awgn'
> block and wants to know the parameters that need to be put in...im
> putting the parameters as follows
>
> Mode= Signal to Noise ratio (Es/No)
>
> Es/No= Eb_No( the value im inputting from 0-14) +
> 10log10(2/3)(factor iv added because of 1/3 coding)
>
> input signal power= 1
>
> symbol period= (2/3)(factor iv added for 1/3
> coding)*(3.125e-7/100)(my bit period)
>
> the plots i get from these parameters doesnt match the theoretical
> plot..:(
>
> regards
> asad
hi,
well if i dont enter it ffor twice it gets worse...pulse the factor
2/3 that were talking of is actually 2*1/3 where the 2 comes because
of QPSK modulation.....neways thanks for forwarding me the page but
it doesnt talk of the parammeter 'input signal power'!!
neways tx again

asad