eig with parallel toolbox

can eig can be used for [V D] = eig(A,B) with codistributed arrays and parallel toolbox

"saurabh gupta" <saurabh@isu.iisc.ernet.in> writes:
> can eig can be used for [V D] = eig(A,B) with codistributed arrays and
> parallel toolbox

Currently it cannot. In R2012a, "help codistributed/eig" shows that the
supported EIG syntaxes are:

    D = eig(A)
    [V,D] = eig(A)

    A must be real symmetric or complex Hermitian.

Cheers,

Edric.
0
eellis (488)
3/16/2012 11:51:05 AM
Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytwobrw4vdi.fsf@uk-eellis0l.dhcp.mathworks.com>...
> "saurabh gupta" <saurabh@isu.iisc.ernet.in> writes:
> > can eig can be used for [V D] = eig(A,B) with codistributed arrays and
> > parallel toolbox
>
> Currently it cannot. In R2012a, "help codistributed/eig" shows that the
> supported EIG syntaxes are:
>
>     D = eig(A)
>     [V,D] = eig(A)
>
>     A must be real symmetric or complex Hermitian.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Edric.

thanks Edric.

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

[...]

Maple Matlab toolbox
I have Matlab 2010a(64bit) and Maple 15(think 64bit, not sure). When I setup the matlab toolbox, it installs the 32 bit toolbox with maplemex.mex32 file. When I run the code, matlab searches for maplemex.mex64 bit file. Any idea how I can remedy this? I have Visual C++ 2008 Sp1 compiler setup on matlab. Thanks in advance. ...

Help with Parallel Matlab
Long story short, here is the criteria I need. 1) I need two modules running in parallel. One function must activate these two They don't need to START at the same time but both neither return info nor end. They run pretty much infinitely 1.1) I would prefer if the One function also ran separate from the above two in it's own loop but i can deal with a 3'rd function also not ending. 2) I need a shared variable between two of the modules. 1 Module will place information there while the other just reads it, but as they are running parallel. That's it. I can do this in pretty much any other language but matlab I've been having issues with. Problem is I absolutely need to use matlab for one module. If this is impossible to accomplish all in matlab then can i instead run this in C and call one matlab module with separate thread? Sample code below. function mainParallelTest() persistent counter; counter = 0; parfor i=0:2 if (i == 0) ImageProccessorParallelTest(); elseif(i == 1) EventProcessorParallelTest(); elseif(i == 2) prevCounter = 0; tempCounter = 1; while(true) tempCounter = counter; if (tempCounter == prevCounter) %disp('hi') end prevCounter = tempCounter; end end end "Alex Cruikshank" <cruiksam@gmail.com> writes: > Long story short, here is the criteria I need. >...

problem with parallel matlab
for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); %%rssi having the signal strength from all AP's end end when i'm running the following code, i get the same value for each element of rssi (serially i get different results) where is my problem? Creating some fake data and and implementing a simple LOSS function, I do not see a different between the serial and parallel execution. Does LOSS use any persistent or global variables? function [ rssi rssi2 ] = foo APLocation = rand(10); RXpoint = rand(10) * 5; for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); end end for i=1:size(APLocation,1) point=APLocation(i,:); for j=1:length (RXpoint) rssi2(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); end end end function rv = LOSS( a,b ) rv = sum( a+b ); end "michael" <bezenchu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ht0t0k$fce$1@fred.mathworks.com... > for i=1:size(APLocation,1) > point=APLocation(i,:); > parfor j=1:length (RXpoint) > rssi(i,j) = LOSS(point,RXpoint(:,j)'); %%rssi having the signal > strength from all AP's > end > end > > when i'm running the following code, i get the same value for each element ...

Problem with Maple Toolbox for MATLAB.
I installed the Maple Toolbox for MATLAB, I have both Maple 13 & MATLAB r2009b, so when I try to run the command syms I get this: syms x y ??? Error using ==> sym.sym at 164 Attempt to execute SCRIPT maplemex as a function: /Applications/MATLAB_R2009b.app/toolbox/maple/maplemex.m Error in ==> syms at 57 assignin('caller',varargin{i},sym(varargin{i})); I don't know what the hell is happening I have been trying to do everything but nothing have worked. I am on Mac OS X 10.6.2. What is going on with this issue? Thanks in advance. ...

Matlab Compiling and Parallel Running
Hi, I have a question regarding using compiled Matlab executables. I have a compiled Matlab code that runs. When the code runs, it creates a folder inside "T:\Temp\mcrCache7.14". For some reason I have to erase that directory every time I need to run the code, otherwise, it fails. So I wrote a PERL script to call the Matlab executable and to handle the erasing of the directory inside the mcrCache directory. All is well so far. The problem is that now I am running such Matlab compiled code in parallel, and I guess now that creates a problem. Now, the PERL scripts might erase the mcrCache while other PERL script is still running! Questions: 1) I wonder why we even need that mcrCache in the first place. Why can't Matlab just compile an executable that contains everything it needs (self-contained) and that runs locally??? 2) If the mcrCache is something that is needed and I can't take away (see question 1), then how do I handle this problem of running in parallel a compiled Matlab program? Any help in this matter is appreciated. Thanks, Noel Andres ...

MATLAB eig function on a tridiagonal matrix
Hi, I am using the matlab function 'eig' on a non sparse symmetric matrix as well as on the tridiagonal matrix. In both the cases eigenvalue's positions are different. Please help me to understand which one is correct procedure. thanks Best regards, Rishi "Rishikesh" wrote in message <jtpf97$idn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > I am using the matlab function 'eig' on a non sparse symmetric matrix as well as on the tridiagonal matrix. In both the cases eigenvalue's positions are different. Please help me to understand which one is correct procedure. ============= The order of the eigenvalues in the output of EIG is not an indication of their "correctness". MATLAB promises no particular ordering of the eigenvalues. "Matt J" wrote in message <jtpfl8$jpp$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > "Rishikesh" wrote in message <jtpf97$idn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > > Hi, > > I am using the matlab function 'eig' on a non sparse symmetric matrix as well as on the tridiagonal matrix. In both the cases eigenvalue's positions are different. Please help me to understand which one is correct procedure. > ============= > > The order of the eigenvalues in the output of EIG is not an indication of their "correctness". MATLAB promises no particular ordering of the eigenvalues. Is it correct to use matlab eig function over a tridia...

Command "eig" in matlab
When I work with eigenvalude problem, I have some questions about ut. 1) function eig base on what theory is. 2) When eig with option some eigenvalue, which have differentce (about algorithm) in solving all eigenvalue? Thanks for helping! On 7/15/2012 9:45 PM, Chanh wrote: > > When I work with eigenvalude problem, I have some questions about ut. > > 1) function eig base on what theory is. > 2) When eig with option some eigenvalue, which have differentce >(about algorithm) in solving all eigenvalue? > Did you look at help eig? It describes the algorithms used in general. Eventually it all ends up in lapack hands at one point or another. For eig, look at the netlib functions to learn more about the implementation. For example, the one for finding eigs for real symmetric matrix is http://www.netlib.org/lapack/single/ssyev.f I have a table here which tells which lapack function is used for which case http://12000.org/my_notes/lapack_analysis/lapack/lapack.htm Different algorithms are used depending on the structure of A. Again, start with help eig() --Nasser "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote in message <ju008f$uk0$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 7/15/2012 9:45 PM, Chanh wrote: > > > > When I work with eigenvalude problem, I have some questions about ut. > > > > 1) function eig base on what theory is. > > 2) When eig with option some eige...

Is the parallel computing toolbox the solution to this problem?
Hi, I am designing a feedback control loop as part of a project. The MATLAB program reads data through the analog input of a DAC (NI USB 6009), and when there is enough data (say N), it starts to process the data to get a control output and send it through the digital output of the DAC. The reading should be kept going while processing the control signal; and the control signal calculation is refreshed when every time when N/3 data comes in (like a moving window of size N, averaging the old data with the new ones) My problem is how to perform these in parallel? This doesn't need to be in real time, but needs to be fairly quick, the delay still needs to be in orders of seconds. I am not sure if parallel computing toolbox is the solution or there are better (simpler) ways. I am new to Matlab, so please give me some advice on this ^^ thank u all. ...

Using data acquisition toolbox of matlab
Hi, I am working on the project with DAQ toolbox of Matlab with NI USB x6336 device. However, I have few progress on it. My problem needs to use trigger, analog input and timer/counter input/ output. More specifically, I use a digital pin to output a 2MHz clock to an external device (counter); for every 100 ms, I will read analog data from the external device, for which I need to send a pulse on another digital pin as read signal (counter and trigger). I have been reading the introduction and related material on DAQ toolbox for couples of days. To get the trigger functionality, I need to use the legacy interface; however, to use the timer/counter, I need the session interface. I am not sure if there is any solution to this problem? Thanks! ...

Soft handoff simulation in matlab #2
Hey all, I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do this. ..pls mail me at nikhilpatel0786@gmail.com Thank you very much... Please helpp "vpmp patel" <mecs@yahoogoups.com> wrote in message news:jkh46d$i9m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hey all, > I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB > please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do > this. Then you need to talk to your dissertation advisor first; if he or she can't give you enough help, post SPECIFIC DETAILS about the problem you're experiencing with your implementation and ask a SPECIFIC question and someone may be able to offer some suggestions. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

How to output a BPSK signal to the Parallel Port in MATLAB?
Hi... I wish to generate a BPSK modulated signal in MATLAB. I found out how to do this, but I dont know how to output this signal to the parallel port. Is there any MATLAB code for this? Please help as I am kinda new to MATLAB. thanks.. On Jan 7, 12:53 pm, "Vishy" <savishy...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi... I wish to generate a BPSK modulated signal in MATLAB. I found out > how to do this, but I dont know how to output this signal to the > parallel port. Is there any MATLAB code for this? You will probably need the Data Acquisition Toolbox. http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/daq/daq.html -- Oli Thanks a lot. I plan to give digitized voice input to the parallel port as input and take the BPSK modulated output at the serial port. So in my case I will be connecting further circuits at the two ports, and not data acquisition devices. Will the data acquisition tool box work in this case? ...

Fortran equivalent to Matlab's eig() function
I'm trying to convert some Matlab code into Fortran 77, as Matlab takes days to solve the multiple finite difference systems I need to solve for. All the Matlab code transfers relatively easily into F77, except for the main solution function (which Matlab makes super easy). I'm not sure if there's some ready-made code I can cut and paste into the F77 program, but essentially I'm trying to substitute for the following line: [V,D]=eig(A,B,'qz') Where Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for how I can implement that in F77? Thanks in advance! Dave On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 08:12:26 -0700, Dave wrote: > program, but essentially I'm trying to substitute for the following > line: > > [V,D]=eig(A,B,'qz') > > Where > > Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for how I can implement that > in F77? > Possibly http://www.netlib.org/lapack/double/dhgeqz.f is what you need. > Thanks in advance! > Dave Jörgen Fantastic. That looks exactly like what I need. Thanks! Dave On Sep 8, 11:03 am, J=F6rgen Tegn=E9r <j.teg...@telia.com> wrote: > On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 08:12:26 -0700, Dave wrote: > > program, but essentially I'm trying to substitute for the following > > line: > > > [V,D]=3Deig(A,B,'qz') > > > Where > > > Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for how I can implement that > > in F77? > > Possiblyhttp://www.netlib.o...

ADLink DAQ card + DAQ Toolbox = MATLAB Crash
Hi, This might be a somewhat specific question-- but if anyone has any experience with using the DAQ toolbox with an ADLink DAQ card, any feedback/experience would be appreciated. We have an ADLink PCI-7300A Rev B high-speed digital I/O card. ADLink has released a MATLAB library + adaptor that allows you to use ADLink DAQ cards with MATLAB's DAQ toolbox. We have installed this library, according to the user manual supplied by ADLink. When we check, in MATLAB, to see that the card is recognized, we get the following, >> hwinfo = daqhwinfo hwinfo = ToolboxName: 'Data Acquisition Toolbox' ToolboxVersion: '2.12 (R2008a)' MATLABVersion: '7.6 (R2008a)' InstalledAdaptors: {5x1 cell} >> adqpters =hwinfo.InstalledAdaptors adqpters = 'mcc' 'mwadlink' 'nidaq' 'parallel' 'winsound' >> ADLINK_INFO = daqhwinfo('mwadlink') ADLINK_INFO = AdaptorDllName: 'C:\ADLINK\DAQ-MTLB\DLL\mwADLINK.dll' AdaptorDllVersion: '1, 2, 0, 0' AdaptorName: 'mwadlink' BoardNames: {'PCI-7300'} InstalledBoardIds: {'0'} ObjectConstructorName: {'' '' ''} Clearly, MATLAB recognizes the ADLink adapter. However, it returns an empty array of object constructors... So when we attempt to create a digitalio object (using MATLAB's DAQ to...

Parallel LZ4 and my Parallel LZO...
... Hello, I have downloaded the C version of the following compression algorithm: http://code.google.com/p/lz4/ They say that it's the fastest, so i have compiled it into a DLL with mingw to use it from FreePascal and Delphi, so i have wrote the interface and all was working perfectly, but when i have benchmarked the parallel LZ4 , that i have wrote, against my Parallel LZO algorithm , i have noticed that they have the almost the same speed on compression and decompression but my Parallel LZO is 7% better on compression ratio than Parallel LZ4 , so i have decided to not include Parallel LZ4 algorithm inside my Parallel Archiver, so if you want to compress Terabytes files i advice you to use my Parallel LZO algorithm with my Parallel Archiver. My Parallel archiver is very stable now, and you can download it from: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Best Regards, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

MATLAB Student Version, Database Toolbox, SQL Server 2008 Express;
Hi, I am new here; thanks in advance for your patience. Can the Database Toolbox be added to the MATLAB Student Version? If so, is SQL Server 2008 Express supported? Which other versions of MATLAB, if any, support SQL Server 2008 Express? Nicole ...

DBTool (another database toolbox for MATLAB ) new release 2.4
DBTool (another database toolbox for MATLAB ) new release 2.4 Version 2.4 [May 12, 2006] [*] New license policy, demo version is 30 minutes full functional each time [+] Bulk write: insert multiple rows once [+] dblasterr - get last warning/error message [-] Bug: another MATLAB crash issue, fixed [-] Bug: can't recognize unicode fields since v2.3, fixed [-] Bug: dbwarn can't disable some warnings, fixed [!] dbase now return [] (empty) when opens failed Detailed information: http://energy.51.net/dbtool ...

Toolbox
I have just tried to run the latest version of SampleEd, but it says it requires Toolbox version 1.71. I downloaded the one on riscos.org.uk, and got the gobbledegook on the screen, which IO saved, changed type to archive, but got a header not defined error. Would anyone help please. Thanks -- Regards from Bob Seago: http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rjseago/ On 28 Jul, Robert Seago wrote in message <4f099f152crjseago@zetnet.co.uk>: > I have just tried to run the latest version of SampleEd, but it says it > requires Toolbox version 1.71. > > I downloaded the one on riscos.org.uk, and got the gobbledegook on the > screen, which IO saved, changed type to archive, but got a header not > defined error. First of all, get the original version from the RISCOS Ltd website, not some copy or other. http://support.riscos.com/Support/Updates/index.htm It's a self-extracting archive. You need to follow the instructions, and set the filetype to Absolute, not Archive, then run it. Alternatively, you can load the file into a text editor, delete the first 304 bytes (everything up to the characters 'PK') and save that as a file typed Archive. This is now a real zip file that will open in something like SparkFS. -- Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/ ...

Save JPEG images in SQL as binary BLOB data from MATLAB without using DATABASE toolbox

SYS$SPECIFIC and SYS$COMMON not enough?
Basically, the idea is that stuff specific to a given node will be in its SYS$SPECIFIC directory and stuff common to all nodes (satellites or not) booting from the same system disk will be in SYS$COMMON. A good idea as far as it goes, but does it go far enough? In particular, there are two additional categories, which I'll give the obvious names SYS$CLUSTER and SYS$WORLD. SYS$CLUSTER would include stuff common to all nodes in a cluster, i.e. would differ from SYS$COMMON if there is more than one system disk in the cluster. The obvious place for this stuff is somewhere which is not on ANY system disk. SYS$MANAGER:SYLOGICALS.TEMPLATE provides (at least in newer versions of VMS, starting with 7.2 I believe) a list of at least the most common candidates among VMS system files. Add to this procedures to mount disks in a cluster, SYLOGIN.COM etc. (Obviously, I'm thinking of a cluster where as much as possible is shared.) SYS$WORLD, on the other hand, would include stuff which is common to ALL VMS system disks in the world, e.g. the executables used by VMS itself. Obviously, this should be on EVERY system disk. Put another way, the current SYS$COMMON is a mixture of stuff common to all nodes which boot from that disk, stuff common to all VMS systems in the world and, if the stuff is not located somewhere else (pointed to by logicals in the case of VMS system files), stuff common to all nodes in the cluster (perhaps duplicated on more than one system...

Web resources about - eig with parallel toolbox - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Parallel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The parallel universe of Donald J. Trump
Within days of the launch of Donald J. Trump's presidential campaign last June, he entered a parallel universe of his unique creation – a universe ...

The parallel universe of Donald J. Trump
Within days of the launch of Donald J. Trump's presidential campaign last June, he entered a parallel universe of his unique creation &ndash; ...

Buy Parallels
Starting today, Parallels is offering a new bundle for a limited time that will let you get 81% off 7 great Mac apps with the purchase or upgrade ...

Explore parallel worlds in Abandoned: The Underground City
... through the scenes, pick up items, and obtain clues. Unlock different locations to explore and search for the secrets behind this hidden, parallel ...

eBay: Simple Story, Disturbing Parallel to Viacom, Says Barclays
... and trimmed his price target to $25 from $28, writing that there’s more “upside” in other names, and that he sees several disturbing parallels ...

The Cybernetic Regulation Act In Cyborg Is A Strong Parallel To The FBI And Apple
It may have been intended as a general allegory to issues regarding security and freedom being played out on the international stage. But today's ...

The S&P's eerie parallels to August
Stocks haven't done much in a while, and that could create some concerning questions for historically minded traders.

Scandal over South African president draws Nixon parallel
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Speaking in an old fort and prison from South Africa's era of white domination, a former anti-apartheid leader hinted that ...