embedded matlab function MATLAB R2009a

I downloaded the MS visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and the SDK as detailed in

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/?solution=1-6IJJ3L

My embedded function didnt work at the beginning because I did "mex -setup" before I installed my SDK. But after I installed the SDK, I ran "mex -setup" in Matlab once again and choose the MS visual C++2008 as my compiler. Then, my embedded matlab function worked.

Thanks to the contribution from above!
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 21 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos_max(end) = pos_max(end) + pos - 1; if m > major_th major_peak_value(end+1) = m; else minor_peak_value(end+1) = m; end % exit the peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) < minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; % Find the beginning of the next peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) > minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; end pos_max(2) = []; plot(u); hold on; plot(pos_max,u(pos_max),'ro'); %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% I think i don't need this plot command as I will see the result in the scope directly. Any suggestion will be very useful. Thanking you! Prashant "Prashant Sandhi" wrote in message <jafvj8$soq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Dear friends, > > I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simu...

Simulink - Embedded Matlab Function
Hey all, I'm trying to convert a .m file into something usable by a user defined function block in simulink but am having trouble with the following style of equation: x = exp([-y:y]); where y is an integer which normally has a value between 40 and 120. Running this through simulink results in the following error: ------------------------------------------------ Computed maximum size of the output of function 'colon' is not bounded. Static memory allocation requires all sizes to be bounded. The computed size is [1 x :?]. Function 'testing.m' line 8, column 14: "[-y:y]" ---------------------------------------------------- I know simulink doesn't like variably sized arrays/matrices but I'm not sure I can set an upper bound in this case since it's referring to the operation itself rather than x or y. Anyone know of a potential work around for this? Cheers. What sort of user defined function: Embedded MATLAB, S-Fuction, MATLAB Fcn Block? Is y and input? Is x an output? Or are they local variables? Phil. "Phil Goddard" <phil@modeling-simulation-visualization.com> wrote in message <j020k4$gkv$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > What sort of user defined function: Embedded MATLAB, S-Fuction, MATLAB Fcn Block? > > Is y and input? > Is x an output? > Or are they local variables? > > Phil. Sorry should have been more clear. It is an Embedded Matlab Function block, x and y are just local v...

Error with embedded matlab function
Initially it says parsing successful for machine and then It says Model error, source: unknown, reported by: Simulink and then this is the error message, Error using ==> stateflow\private\slsf Error using ==> stateflow\private\autobuild_kernel Error using ==> stateflow\private\targetman Error using ==> stateflow\private\targetman>method_nag_wrapper Output argument "fileNameInfo" (and maybe others) not assigned dyring call to "C:\ProgramFiles\MATLAB\R2006a\toolbox\stateflow\stateflow\private\targetman.m (code_method)". There is another error which says Code Error, source: untitled, reported by: Coder and it says, Code generation failed PREFDIR failed to create directory 'h:\Application Data\Mathworks\MATLAB'. ...

Error encountered in Embedded Matlab Function
Hi there, I'm doing my final year project by using Embedded Matlab Function and System generator. I have my m-file and want to make this into the Embedded Matlab Function block so that I can change it into VHDL and test it in FPGA. When I try to put it in an embedded matlab function block, it shows the following error message: (1) Non-integer index expression with value 0.5. Function 'Embedded MATLAB Function' (#30.441.444), line 25, column 17: "col" (2) Undefined function or variable 'row'. The first assignment to a local variable determines its class. Function 'Embedded MATLAB Function' (#30.484.487), line 27, column 32: "row" (3) Errors occurred during parsing of Embedded MATLAB function 'Embedded MATLAB Function'(#30) How can I solve all those problems? What is it means by "Non-integer index expression with value 0.5" ? How can i do with "Undefined function" ? Lastly, what is the parsing error? Helps form you guys will be highly appreciated. Thanks you very much !! And here's my code. function b = rec(a) eml.extrinsic('graythresh'); eml.extrinsic('im2bw'); eml.extrinsic('imshow'); eml.extrinsic('imfill'); eml.extrinsic('round'); eml.extrinsic('find'); eml.extrinsic('bwboundaries'); eml.extrinsic('plot'); gray=a; threshold=graythresh(gray); BW=im2bw(gray,threshold); BW=~BW; d...

Using scripts in Embedded MATLAB Function
Hi, Inside an Embedded MATLAB Function block in Simulink, I am using a MATLAB function which is stored as mfile (let's call it "myFcn.m"). Inside "myFcn.m", another mfile is used which includes only scripts to load some variables (let's call it "myVariables.m"). Now when running the Simulink model, I get an error for using those scripts. I wonder if there is a way to fix this error or I have to load variables in some other ways that I have avoided so far? (For some reasons, I would rather to neither use "base" workspace nor InitFcn to load the data). Many thanks in advance, Morteza I think the solution is to declare extrinsic function using "feval", then the problem is solved, though I have no clue about the performance! Morteza ...

Problem with embedded matlab function #2
Hi all, I am simulating a point robot in Simulink and simulating a LIDAR on the robot by drawing a fixed a number of fixed lines out of the robot as it moves to mimic the laser rays. One part of my code is to calculate the two set of points of the many part lines that I draw. Since to get the second set of co ordinates we have to deal with a quadratic equation then we usually get 2 sets of co ordinates and have to choose the right one. In order to choose the right set, I have implemented 4 IF statements to check in which quadrant the robot is facing (by seeing its angle with the axis). The correct IF statements are asserted when changing quadrant, however, the operation inside the IF statement is loosing its value. Here is my code if (pi/2 > (i-theta) && (i-theta) > 0) ytrue = max(y); xtrue = max(x); flag = 1; elseif (-pi > (i-theta) && (i-theta) > -3*pi/2 || pi > (i - theta) && (i - theta) > pi/2) ytrue = max(y); xtrue = min(x); flag = 2; elseif (0 > (i-theta) && (i-theta) > -pi/2 ) ytrue = min(y); xtrue = max(x); flag = 3; elseif (-pi/2 > (i-theta) && (i-theta) > -pi) ytrue = min(y); xtrue = min(x); flag = 4; end Where theta is the angle of the robot with the y -axis and i is the iteration of the for loop since for every position of the robot I must draw a number of rays spanning 180 degrees (i ranges from 0 to pi/2). The prob...

ss command in embedded matlab function
I am using Matlab R2010b 32bit. I found out that the commands (ss) and (tf) can not be used in embedded Matlab functions in Simulink. The error message I got is: *************************************** 'tf' is not a supported enumeration. In Embedded MATLAB, classdef can only be used in enumeration contexts and must inherit 'int32' or 'Simulink.IntEnumType'. *************************************** Below is my code: ******************* function sys = fcn(A1, A2, B, C, D) A=[A1 A2]; %A1 and A2 are 2-by-1 column vectors sys = ss(A, B, C, D); ****************** Any hints? Thank you for your time. -Hua ...

Why does Matlab do this
What is happening when I type rand(1:10) at the command line? Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? Thanks "Robert" wrote in message <j64asi$5v4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > What is happening when I type > rand(1:10) > at the command line? > > Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? > Thanks Hi Robert, You're create a 10-D array with that syntax. Do you just want a vector of 10 uniformly distributed random numbers. x = rand(10,1); % or x = rand(1,10); Wayne Hi Wayne, You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! Thanks for the explanation. Robert "Robert" wrote in message <j64d2h$dvo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi Wayne, > You're right - that's what I was trying to do... but I was just newbie mucking about trying to work out the syntax and I typed that in - then had a looong wait for Matlab to work through it! > Thanks for the explanation. > Robert That's fine. Welcome to MATLAB!!! If that's the worst memory-intensive mistake you ever make, you'll be fine :) I've done much, much worse. Wayne ...

make error embedded matlab function
Hi, I have a problem that recently appeared which is getting an error message when i try to run an embeded matlab function (in the user defined group) which is: three error messages: Make Error, Parse log, Coder log. In the first error, the detailed description is: The File name\slprj\_sfprj\Embeded_matlab_fn1\_self\sfun\src>"c:\program files\matlab\r2008a\sys\lcc\bin\lccmake" -f Embeded_matlab_fn1_sfun.lmk " system cannot find the path specified. (this folder 'slprj' does not exist before) "Anas Mesrabi" <mesrabi4@gmail.com> wrote in message <janqnh$351$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > I have a problem that recently appeared which is getting an error message when i try to run an embeded matlab function (in the user defined group) which is: > three error messages: > Make Error, Parse log, Coder log. > > In the first error, the detailed description is: > The File name\slprj\_sfprj\Embeded_matlab_fn1\_self\sfun\src>"c:\program files\matlab\r2008a\sys\lcc\bin\lccmake" -f Embeded_matlab_fn1_sfun.lmk > " system cannot find the path specified. > (this folder 'slprj' does not exist before) I have a same problem. how did you slove it? I try to run an embedded matlab function. My com is win7, 64bit. "Behnam" wrote in message <jb6fdl$fle$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > "Anas Mesrabi" <mesrabi4@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Embedded MATLAB function block in simulink
Hi all of you. I was trying to form a MLP (Multi layer perceptron) for a real time application using simulink with some delayed inputs. I was trying to form a block for MLP. For that I need to give a vectro input to an embedded MATLAB function block for the calucation of the output. But it is giving an error message sayeng matrix size mismatch. I checked again and again and for the multiplication size is correct of the vector and the matrix. I need help on this... ...

Hysterisys controller with embedded matlab function
Hi ! I am trying to implement a hysterisys controller with an embedded matlab function in simulink, It always ends on: -Output argument 'y' is not assigned on some execution paths. u1 is the derivative of the input and u2 is the actual value. I want to set y = inflow as long as the input level is rising with a positive slope and the measured level hasn't passed the setpoint with more than 0.1 units If the measure exceeds the setpoint value with more than 0.1 I want to turn off, and not turn on again until the measure is o.1 units lower than the setpoint. u1 is the derivative of the input (setpoint - measure) and u2 is the errorsignal = setpoint - measure Can this be implemented? Below is my shitty code which seemingly doesn't take all situations into account. Greatful for some help regards, Lasse function y = fcn(u1,u2,inflow) %#eml if (u1>=0) if (abs(u2)<0.1) y=inflow; end if ((u2>=0)&& (u2>=0.1)) y=inflow; end if (u2<=-0.1) y=0; end else if (abs(u2)<0.1) y=0; end if ((u2>=0.1)&& (u2>=0)) y=inflow; end if (u2<=-0.1) y=0; end end ...

Variable Matrix size in Embedded Matlab Functions
Dear Users, I would like to create Matrix in Simulink, which has a variable size. The Code is the follwoing: ---------------------------------------------------------------- function y = fcn(u) %#eml persistent Matrix; assert(u<100); Matrix=zeros(u,u); y = Matrix; ---------------------------------------------------------------- The resulting error after compiling is: Data 'y' (#85) is inferred as a variable size matrix, while its specified type is something else. I don´t understand how I could solve this problem. Thanks for help and suggestions Best Wishes Joachim ...

ppval in simulinks embedded matlab function block
Hello, I am bit stuck here. I try to use the matlab function "ppval" in an embedded matlab function block in Simulink, but this is obviously not working, since it is not officially supported in the embedded matlab function library. Therefore I tried different things. 1. copying the code, which underlies the ppval.m, into the embedded matlab function file might be a way and using it as a function (e.g. name it ppval_int()). The same way with the function unmkpp(), as it is not officially eml-compatible. I just copied the code from unmkpp.m into my original function file as another function. The only obstacle is to make this code being compatible for using in an embedded matlab environment. trying this as a first shot fails due to the statement (and others) if length(sizexx)==2&&sizexx(1)==1, sizexx(1) = []; end --> error: "Removing elements from a matrix is not supported." Might this even though be a practicable way of implementing ppval into an embedded matlab (eml) environment? Or is making this function eml-compatible hopeless? 2. using a c-coded function ppval (e.g. name it ppvalmex) (from here: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/ppval-td1674970.html) to have compiled a ppvalmex.mexw32 and hence I referenced this using ppvalmex() instead of ppval() or ppval_int()). But this didn't work for the reason, that "Embedded MATLAB can only compile MATLAB files; unsupported file extension 'mexw32'" --> is...

How to read text file into a embedded matlab function
HII How to read a text file into a embedded matlab function?? I have some values in my text file like-- 12 45 .. .. .. .. 21 65 so, i want to get these values into the embedded matlab function as output and then pass input to other embedded matlab function Hello, In Example ‘a = 10’ and ‘b = 10’ value is in ‘text.txt’ file. U have to declare a,b in model explorer as paremeter. So after running text file all the value will come in workspace then it will read from workspace and model will run. Just try this code function fcn(a,b) eml.extrinsic('fopen','fgetl','eval') f=fopen('text.txt') for i=1:2 eval(fgetl(f)) end c = a+b; Best Regards, Saravanan Mani "Ashi " <kanuashu7@yahoo.com> wrote in message <jkruks$4it$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > HII > > How to read a text file into a embedded matlab function?? > I have some values in my text file like-- > > > > 12 > 45 > . > . > . > . > > 21 > 65 > > > so, i want to get these values into the embedded matlab function as output and then pass input to other embedded matlab function ...

Simulink embeded matlab function block generation
I have a simulink automation problem where I need to generate an embedded matlab function block via a .m file. What I want to be able to do is autogenerate the entire source. i.e. [output1 output2 output3] = function fcn(A,B,C,D) output1 = A; output2 = B; output3 = A+C+D; So far, I have not been able to find a way to set the function source from my M file, but I'm sure there is a way which is undocumented. Thanks to anyone who can help, Brian ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

version incompatibility for Embedded Matlab Function block in simulink
After creating an 'Embedded Matlab function' block in version 2010a, then opening it in 2011a, saving it and reopening in 2010a, I get the following error when simulating the simulink model. This error is severe enough to crash matlab. Error occurred in 'blah'. Error occurred while attempting to call the error callback function 'Stateflow.Translate.translate' of subsystem 'blah/Embedded MATLAB Function'. The callback function should take a block handle and error ID as input arguments, and return a string that replaces the error produced within the subsystem. The following error was produced when the error callback function was called: Undefined function or method 'Stateflow.Translate.translate' for input arguments of type 'double'. After a tip from http://www.gomatlab.de/hilfe-zur-fehlermeldung-t20311.html to set the 'Name of error callback function:' under 'subsystem parameters' to empty I then got a new error Embedded MATLAB Interface Error: Error using ==> feval Invalid MEX-file 'blah.mexa64: undefined symbol: emlrtCheckBuiltInCtxR2011a. I assumed this means that the block was compiled to mex code in R2011a, and is now somehow incompatible. I tried making trivial changes to the code in the block, to force it to recompile, but no dice. Even deleting the block and replacing it with an entirely new block (i.e. y=u) gives the same error. Models which I didn't open in R2011a still work wi...

support embedded matlab function "fsolve"
i want to solve a nonlinear equation with embedded matlab function in simulink, but i got this error: jar:file:/C:/Programme/MATLAB701/java/jar/toolbox/dastudio.jar!/com/mathworks/toolbox/dastudio/diagView/resources/nag_red.gif Assertion Error Unknown Stateflow my programm runs good in m file.i don't know the reason, doesn't embeddede Matlab function support the optimazation toolbox? my programm: function y = fcn(x1,x2,x3,x4,x5,x6) global param param(1)=x1; param(2)=x2; param(3)=x3; param(4)=x4; param(5)=x5; param(6)=x6; fictiontime=@(x) param(2)*(1-exp(-(param(3)*x)^param(4)))+(1-param(2))*(1-exp(-(param(5)*x)^param(6)))-param(1); options=optimset; y = fsolve(fictiontime,[0],options); %x1,x2,x3,x4,x5,x6 are inputs and x is output. who can give me some suggestion, many thanks!! No, optimization toolbox functions are not supported by Embedded MATLAB. Actually it almost feels more natural to me to say that the other way around, i.e. the Optimization Toolbox doesn't support Embedded MATLAB. Anyway, as long as you are not generating code (RTW), you can declare an optimization toolbox functions you want extrinsic and call out to MATLAB from Embedded MATLAB. See the documentation on eml.extrinsic. You will probably have to preallocate/declare the output you are expecting before calling the function. -- Mike "ophelia " <joozooo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fg7qlo$da9$1@fred.mathworks.com... >i want to solve a nonlinear equation...

xpc target getting error with embedded matlab function
Hello XPC experts and fellow users, Forgive me i'm just new user in xpc target. I have this Simulink controller model that has few embedded matlab functions insided. I can run the simulation on simulink nicely without problem. But when i compile for xpc target, i cannot generate the emb file. I see that the rtw file is generated but no emb file and with parse error report. I can generate and run in xpc target without issue the other models such as Simpower generators and some demo in XPC i created. But only this model that i have with around 7 embedded matlab function inside the controller blocks. It gets parse error on all the 7 blocks. Is there any special script i needed to add in my embedded matlab function so it can be compiled and run on xpc target? Please help me on this. ...

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

Web resources about - embedded matlab function MATLAB R2009a - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Embedded system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Picture of the internals of an ADSL modem / router . A modern example of an embedded system. Labelled parts include a microprocessor (4), RAM ...

Embedded Instagram Photos on the Web Are Now Bigger, Cleaner
Is bigger better? In the case of embedded photos , Instagram believes the answer to be yes, as Mashable reported that the Facebook-owned photo- ...

Embedded Posts
Embedded Posts are a way to put public posts - by a Page or a person on Facebook - into the content of your web site or web page.

Facebook rolls out embedded posts to everyone
Post by Mumford and Sons . Last month, Facebook ran a test of embedded posts with CNN , Huffington Post , Bleacher Report , PEOPLE and Mashable ...

Embedded-Clovis (@ClovisDuino) on Twitter

Rich photo experience now in embedded Tweets - Twitter Blogs
Every day, publishers and journalists all over the world share the best of Twitter with their readers by embedding Tweets in their articles. ...

Embedded Timelines - Twitter Developers
Overview Embeddable timelines make it easy to syndicate any public Twitter timeline to your website with one line of code. Just like timelines ...

Embedded Systems Conference (ESC)
ESC events provide an educational experience for embedded systems designers and technical professionals involved in designing electronics products ...

Can we begin to change embedded attitudes about violence against women?
How do we teach them to pause in that moment before emotion turns to action?

US driver arrested with tree embedded in car’s front grille
It's a sight that would make anyone stop and rub their eyes in disbelief: a car, driving down a busy four-lane road in Roselle, Illinois, with ...