EMF White border/moving blocks in matlab

I have a generic problem. I have came up with a couple solutions to solve it, but I do not know how to impliment them in a matlab script (.m file).

The probem: When i save a .mdl file as a .emf file it gets a big white border on it. The file needs to be of the EMF type. this is occuring because the diagram is not in the top left corner of the screen. I can manualy move the diagram to the top corner and then print the diagram and the problem is fixed. The problem is that i have thousands of diagrams that need this done, so i need a script that can do this.

Solution 1: Copy and paste the diagram into a new .mdl file and then use my print script.

Solutions 2: select and move the position of the diagram to the top left corner.

I am open to other solutions, but i need the File to be of the type .emf. I have looked at other posts, but they don't seem to have an answer that keeps the file as an EMF. If you need any clarification please let me know.

*I need the file to be an EMF file becasue I need to insert it into word. I will then add figure captions and convert the whole word doc to a PDF. The model picture (EMF file) is then searchable. I need the figure to be searchable once i convert the word doc to PDF.

Thanks

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

connecting mux block with matlab function block
Hi, I connected mux with matlab function block with three inputs to mux and one output to function block. After running the error is that the matlab function block is unable to receive or treat input signal from mux block as it is unable to access 3 components of a vector which I am feeding to function block. Can anyone suggest me better way of connecting mux with function block. ...

Need help for a matlab mini project

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Handle of my own Matlab Function block
I have a Simulink model with a Matlab Fcn Block. In this function I need the block handle of my own block. But with the functions 'gcb' or 'gcbh' I only get the handle of the last current block. That means if I click on another block in my model during simulation I get the handle of the other block and not of my own Matlab Fcn Block. Maybe anyone has a solution for this. Thanks in advance Michael ...

Matlab student license for MDSD (e.g. Matlab Coder)
Hello, I'm evaluating products for writing my final university thesis. I want to perform image processing algorithms (C-Code compiled for a DSP). I have the feeling that manual programming of this algorithms is no longer state of the art. Instead MDSD (model driven software development) - that means Code Generation - seems to be smarter to me. Unfortunately Mathworks offers no licenses of Matlab Coder (or Simulink Coder etc.) to individual students. And I cannot afford to buy a commercial license (which probably would cost me more than 5.000 EUR/$ / my absolute limit is 1.000 EUR/$). Is there any possibility for me to use MDSD (code generation) for image processing for my university thesis ? Maybe by using cheaper alternatives ? Or by using 3d party software (like target link) ? Or export/import to another product ? Any idea ? (I want to avoid manual coding - like using OpenCV) By the way, does anyone know, why Mathworks hides the MDSD features from students ? It doesn't make sense to me that Mathworks reduces the amount of engineers available on the job market that are capable of handling (serious) Matlab projects. (Microsoft offers the "Visual Studio Express Edition" for free for education and the amount of people on the job market that are experienced in Visual Studio is tremendous.). Thank you, Roelof ...

Matlab code to simulink block
Hi, I have a matlab code which I want to convert into a simulink block so that when I double click the generated simulink block it should ask for a 'N' value to enter. Can any one advise how I can implement to below code: %function sig = CreateStressSig(N) N=424; %Order of the filter Xmax = floor((2^16-1)/2); %modified A = zeros(1,5); C1 = Xmax*ones(1,N); nD = 2^(1+floor(log2(5*N)))-5-N-N-(N/2); n0 = -nD/log(0.01); exprange = (1:((5*N)-1))./n0; D = round(Xmax*(2*exp(-exprange)-1)); C2 = -Xmax*ones(1,N/2); E = zeros(1,N); sig = [A C1 D C2 E]; grid on;hold on; plot(sig) Thanks in advance! Hello Prashant, Well, It is possible to convert m file to simulink block. In simulink Library User defined functions is avaliable, we can use Embedded function block, we can write our own script in the embedded editer window and plot the output in figure window also. Please let me know if you have any concern! Best Regards, Saravanan Mani "Prashant Sandhi" wrote in message <jks25e$e7v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I have a matlab code which I want to convert into a simulink block so that when I double click the generated simulink block it should ask for a 'N' value to enter. Can any one advise how I can implement to below code: > > > %function sig = CreateStressSig(N) > > N=424; %Order of the filter > Xmax = floor((2^16-1)/2); %modified > A = zeros(1,5); > C1 = Xma...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

Embedded MATLAB function block in simulink
Hi all of you. I was trying to form a MLP (Multi layer perceptron) for a real time application using simulink with some delayed inputs. I was trying to form a block for MLP. For that I need to give a vectro input to an embedded MATLAB function block for the calucation of the output. But it is giving an error message sayeng matrix size mismatch. I checked again and again and for the multiplication size is correct of the vector and the matrix. I need help on this... ...

'Matlab Code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code'
Dear friends, I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simulink and I want to use it in 'Embedded Matlab fun block' so i need to transform 'Matlab code' to 'Embedded Matlab fun code' to perform the task. The Matlab code is as follows: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% u_abs = abs(u); major_th = 1.5e-1; minor_th = 1.8e-2; major_peak_value = []; minor_peak_value = []; pos = 1; pos_max = 1; while ~isempty(pos) [m pos_max(end+1)] = max( u_abs( pos : pos + 10) ); pos_max(end) = pos_max(end) + pos - 1; if m > major_th major_peak_value(end+1) = m; else minor_peak_value(end+1) = m; end % exit the peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) < minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; % Find the beginning of the next peak pos = find(u_abs(pos:end) > minor_th, 1 , 'first') + pos-1; end pos_max(2) = []; plot(u); hold on; plot(pos_max,u(pos_max),'ro'); %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% I think i don't need this plot command as I will see the result in the scope directly. Any suggestion will be very useful. Thanking you! Prashant "Prashant Sandhi" wrote in message <jafvj8$soq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Dear friends, > > I have a Matlab code to process a pure analog signal 'u'. Now I want to implement it in Simu...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

Soft handoff simulation in matlab #2
Hey all, I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do this. ..pls mail me at nikhilpatel0786@gmail.com Thank you very much... Please helpp "vpmp patel" <mecs@yahoogoups.com> wrote in message news:jkh46d$i9m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hey all, > I am having problem in soft handover implementation with MATLAB > please help me out. It is my final dissertation .I am unable to do > this. Then you need to talk to your dissertation advisor first; if he or she can't give you enough help, post SPECIFIC DETAILS about the problem you're experiencing with your implementation and ask a SPECIFIC question and someone may be able to offer some suggestions. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com ...

Power gui block in matlab simulink
Does the powergui block perform AC-DC loadflow when I use synchronous machine connected to my system This is my system Synchronous machine----Transformer-----3level VSC( SPWM firing)---dc link----3level VSC(Inv)---transformer-----3ph parallel load-----3ph source. When I open the powergui block and click "solve load flow", its doesn't consider the load at the inverter end . It just considers the parasitic load connected to the sync mach( parasitic load should be connected as give in demo of sync mach) and calculates the power in pu. In my case the value is 0.2e6/36e6 =0.005 pu. This is the Pmec which is to be specified as input to the governor. Can someone help me with this?? ...

open a file using matlab script block
Hello! &nbsp; I want to open a file from a specified directory using matlab script block. The input of this block is a string with file's name......but it doesn't work in this way. I have to change the input data or&nbsp;I have to change it &nbsp;into matlab matlab script? &nbsp; Some idea? &nbsp; Thanks! example.PNG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/148807/1/example.PNG ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorpor...

Simulink: Matlab Fcn Block
Your help is much appreciated. I have a Matlab file that sets up some variables (1x1 doubles, a couple of 4x1 arrays) including a large simin array of size 2x20001 before running a simulink simulation. This simulation primaily includes a matlab function block with 13 inputs, 4 outputs. of these 13 inputs, 9 are constants defined in the matlab workspace, 2 relate to the simin array and 2 are iterated results from ODE solvers (for motion). The function block contains 66 lines of well spaced out code, all very simple maths equations. The only exception is a call of a matlab function, one i have previously used with no problems in terms of running speed. My simulation takes a very long time to run, in the region of 4 minutes for '50 seconds' of simulation time. In the past I have been able to generate '200' seconds of simulation time within less than a minute. I have used the simulink profiler report to diagnose the matlab function block as the cause; it uses 90% of the time and calls that run during the simulation. I have tried reducing the step size of my solvers, but this results in INF errors almost imediately, they run at a typical value of 1exp-5. Your thoughts please on what I can do to address this problem, or where matlab/simulink can help my diagnose it further! ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

ppval in simulinks embedded matlab function block
Hello, I am bit stuck here. I try to use the matlab function "ppval" in an embedded matlab function block in Simulink, but this is obviously not working, since it is not officially supported in the embedded matlab function library. Therefore I tried different things. 1. copying the code, which underlies the ppval.m, into the embedded matlab function file might be a way and using it as a function (e.g. name it ppval_int()). The same way with the function unmkpp(), as it is not officially eml-compatible. I just copied the code from unmkpp.m into my original function file as another function. The only obstacle is to make this code being compatible for using in an embedded matlab environment. trying this as a first shot fails due to the statement (and others) if length(sizexx)==2&&sizexx(1)==1, sizexx(1) = []; end --> error: "Removing elements from a matrix is not supported." Might this even though be a practicable way of implementing ppval into an embedded matlab (eml) environment? Or is making this function eml-compatible hopeless? 2. using a c-coded function ppval (e.g. name it ppvalmex) (from here: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/ppval-td1674970.html) to have compiled a ppvalmex.mexw32 and hence I referenced this using ppvalmex() instead of ppval() or ppval_int()). But this didn't work for the reason, that "Embedded MATLAB can only compile MATLAB files; unsupported file extension 'mexw32'" --> is...

Simulink embeded matlab function block generation
I have a simulink automation problem where I need to generate an embedded matlab function block via a .m file. What I want to be able to do is autogenerate the entire source. i.e. [output1 output2 output3] = function fcn(A,B,C,D) output1 = A; output2 = B; output3 = A+C+D; So far, I have not been able to find a way to set the function source from my M file, but I'm sure there is a way which is undocumented. Thanks to anyone who can help, Brian ...

Web resources about - EMF White border/moving blocks in matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Border - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Borders define geographic boundaries of political entities or legal jurisdictions , such as governments , sovereign states , federated states ...

Border - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Borders are geographic boundaries of political entities or legal jurisdictions , such as governments , sovereign states , federated states , ...

Border - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Borders are geographic boundaries of political entities or legal jurisdictions , such as governments , sovereign states , federated states , ...

Reds v Waratahs: Australian rugby desperately needs ‘The Battle of the Border’ to be throwback - The ...
IF Sunday’s interstate clash was played in the old days, there would be a “Boo-A-Beale” campaign, or a reworking of the “Wendell’s a Wanker” ...

Australian rugby desperately needs ‘The Battle of the Border’ to be throwback
IF Sunday’s interstate clash was played in the old days, there would be a “Boo-A-Beale” campaign, or a reworking of the “Wendell’s a Wanker” ...

Refugees protest Greek border closure
Hundreds of refugees are staging protests over the closure of the Greece-Macedonia border.

Europe migrant crisis: Greece begins evacuating Idomeni border camp as arrivals slow
Greece has begun evacuations from a Macedonian border camp as the flow of refugees slows to a trickle, officials say.

Dead Lawyer’s Body — Moved Twice Already — Subject Of Cross-Border Custody Battle
A high-profile lawyer's remains have sparked a sad, long-running legal battle.

Stranded Migrants Protest in Greece, Demand Open Borders
... (AP) Hundreds of migrants, egged on by activists, are protesting near the fence separating Macedonia from Greece, demanding that the border ...

Stephen Miller Exposes Faux-Feminism of CNN Panel with Facts About Muslim Migration and Open Borders
Stephen Miller Exposes Faux-Feminism of CNN Panel with Facts About Muslim Migration and Open Borders