Euler Burnolli beam equation

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

hello,
        Can any one tell me if it is possible to develop a simulation of the euler burnolli beam equation using the matlab partial differential equation tool box??

Umar.
0
Reply umar 10/21/2010 11:52:04 AM

See related articles to this posting

> hello,
> Can any one tell me if it is possible to
> sible to develop a simulation of the euler burnolli
> beam equation using the matlab partial differential
> equation tool box??
>

> Umar.

If you can rewrite the equation as a system of
second-order PDEs then: probably yes.

Best wishes
Torsten.
0
Reply Torsten 10/21/2010 8:33:27 AM

On 10/21/2010 4:52 AM, umar wrote:
> hello,
>          Can any one tell me if it is possible to develop a simulation of the euler burnolli beam equation
 > using the matlab partial differential equation tool box??
>

> Umar.

I am sure you can.  But isn't it a 4th order ODE? So, you really just
need ode45?

I did a simulation of this sometime ago, if you like to see it here is a
link, the code is there, but in Mathematica.

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/AnalysisOfASingleSpanEulerBernoulliBeamUnderDifferentLoading/

--Nasser

0
Reply Nasser 10/21/2010 5:56:23 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Euler Equations
I need the help of the experts in the group, please. I have both a 49G and 49G+. I need to know if it is possible to enter (e^jwt) into the calculator and get the sine and cosine values and vice versa as in the Euler equations. I know that the TI-89 can do this, but I can not figure it out on the HP. This may sound easy to some, but I am an EE major and in a lot of classes, we switch back and forth between the time domain and the frequency domain and it sure would be handed to be able to do on the calculator. Thanks in advance. Al Hughes "Al Hughes" <achugh1@pop.uky.edu> wr...

Euler Equation of fluid flow
Hello All, I am attempting to produce a model (of the urethra) and need to implement the euler equation. Has this been done before? If not, could anyone recommend how best to do it? Many Thanks, Chris ...

euler's equation
This is what im told to do: Euler&#8217;s equation defines e raised to an imaginary power in terms of sinusoidal function follows e^(-j*theta)= cos(theta) + jsin(theta) Create a two dimensional plot of this function as &#952; varies from 0 to 2&#960;. Create a three-dimensional line plot using plot3 as &#952; varies from 0 to 2&#960; (the three dimensions are real part of the expression, the imaginary part of the expression, and &#952;. This is what I did: theta = 0:pi./2:2*pi; x=e(theta) x= cos(theta) + j*sin(theta) fprintf('The exponential is: %f', e(-j*...

orthogonal eigenfunctions of an euler-bernoulli beam
I am trying to compute the orthogonal eigenmodes of an euler-bernoulli clamped-free beam. After solving the characteristic equation, and normalizing the functions to be equal to one at the free boundary when I try to show that the scalar product of two eigenmodes is zero maple gives a complex result. A minimal example is the following. f1 is the first eigenmode, and f2 is the second one, both are orthogonal then >f1:=.3670477570*sin(1.875104069*x)-.3670477570*sinh(1.875104069*x)-.5000000000*cos(1.875104069*x)+.5000000000*cosh(1.875104069*x): >f2:=-.5092336595*sin(4.69409113...

nontrivial solution of Euler-beam problem?
Hello, When I try solve Euler beam ( without time, with nondimensional coordinate) --- euler = F''''[x] + Pi^4 om2 F[x]; sol = DSolve[{euler == 0, F[0] == 0, F[1] == 0, F''[0] == 0, F''[1] == 0.0}, F[x], x]; --- Mathematica calculated only trivial (F=0) solution, for any om2 Is it possible to obtain different modes looks like F_n[x]=A_n Sin[n Pi x] ? This function simply satisfy euler==0 equation with above boundary conditions for om2=n^4 Regards, Olaf Hi, you try to solve an eigenvalue problem. An eigenvalue problem has...

Help with ode45 formatting -- Euler Equations of Motion
Hi Everyone, I'm a current college undergrad and a relatively new user to the Matlab environment. Over the past couple of months I've been developing a system of equations for modeling a rotating body using the Euler equations of motion. I now have a set of six equations (including the reduction of order variables) to be able to use the ODE45 solver. I downloaded an example from this site to get me started with the ODE45 format, and it's been working well so far. But, here's my question: I know that ODE45 expects equations of the form y'=f(t,y). The problem is that, w...

ordinary differential equations plot3 euler method marker
I made a function named myeuler.m it plots trajectory start from (1,1,1),the problem is to denote the starting point(1,1,1)with '*',and mark the direction of trajectory. function myeuler(a) %a is a 3by3 matrix,e.g.[1 2 3;-1 2 0;-1 0 9] y=ones(3,1001);%initial point is (1,1,1) dt = 0.001; t=0:dt:1; for n = 1:(1/dt) y(:,n+1) = y(:,n) + dt*a*y(:,n); end plot3(y(1,:),y(2,:),y(3,:),'r'); axis square;grid on; xlabel('x','fontsize',12); ylabel('y','fontsize',12); zlabel('z','fontsize',12); ...

euler's equations in rigid body rotation
Dear Group, Does anyone know of a matlab program that will solve euler's equations of motion for a rigid body in 3 dimensions? Thanks anton anton jopko wrote: > > > Dear Group, > Does anyone know of a matlab program that will solve euler's > equations of > motion for a rigid body in 3 dimensions? > Thanks > anton > An idea... No, but they are easy to solve by some ode-solver in matlab ode113 perhaps. Write the equations down on a paper. Normally if you have a second derivative x''(t)=f(x,x') then substitute y(t)=x'(t), so that x''...

Matlab program of gaussian beam (2D or 3D) using helmholtz equation
i want to write Matlab program of gaussian beam (2D or 3D) using helmholtz equation.... if anyone could give the full program, that will help me to do my project work...... thank you :) "Debashis Roy" <deba4u@ymail.com> wrote in message <lhv04i$6sf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > i want to write Matlab program of gaussian beam (2D or 3D) using helmholtz equation.... if anyone could give the full program, that will help me to do my project work...... > > thank you :) If anyone could give the full program, they WILL do your project work, not just h...

Matlab program of gaussian beam (2D or 3D) using helmholtz equation #2
i want Matlab program of gaussian beam (2D or 3D) using helmholtz equation.. help "Debashis Roy" <deba4u@ymail.com> wrote in message <lhv0dn$7ja$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > i want Matlab program of gaussian beam (2D or 3D) using helmholtz equation.. help Look at this link: <<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmholtz_equation>> It might help. ...

GODUNOV AND ROE METHODE FOR RIEMANN PROBLEM for eulers 1-d equation with matlab code
Basiclly i am working on Robert paper 'slowly moving shock' so i need matlb code for Godunov ,roe,Osher's scheme ...

equation numbering for multipart equation
How can I get separate equation numbering for equations like in "cases" environment? For example: \begin{equation} f(x)=\begin{cases} \frac{1}{2} \\ x^2 \\ 1 \end{cases} \end{equation} should look like 1/2 (1.1) f(x) = { x^2 (1.2) 1 (1.3) The lines in my real problem are quite complicated and have different heights. Further, I would like to be able to refer to the labels, and the labels should align at the right margin of the text, just like with usual equation numbers. Any help appreciated!...

Equation numbers only on referenced equations
Hello, When I typeset a document with equations, I like that only those equations that are referenced somewher in the text are numbered. Is there any way to do that automagically, from the \ref{} tags found, instead of having to manually change equation for equation*? I've searched the web extensively, but haven't found any clue. Thanks in advance, V=EDctor V�ctor Zabalza wrote: > Hello, > > When I typeset a document with equations, I like that only those > equations that are referenced somewher in the text are numbered. Is > there any way to do that automagically...

Scaling equations/Spacing in equations
Hello, I have two different problems with equations in latex. First I would like to scale some of my equations. Everything I tried, caused the numbering to be scaled. I found no way to suppress the scaling of numbering. (I tried to set the size by the fontsize command and with a scalebox). How can I scale my equation without scaling the numbering? The second problem is the space between the variables. Currently I'm using \; to define spacing between two variables. Does someone know a good solution to solve this problem without using a spacing command by a global setting or special rules t...

use equations out of list of equations
Hello, I have solved a system of equations in MuPAD with linsolve, and as result I get a list of equations e.g. [a = c/2 + d/2, b = - c/2 - d/2]. I am able to index the list and get the single entries (equations) e.g. a = c/2 + d/2 but I cannot use them for my next calculation steps. Is there a way to get only the right hand side of these equations, that I can use them for further calculations? Thank you for your help. "Marcus " <lrt49861@stud.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote in message <hdtilc$inf$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > > I have solved a system of equa...

Excel equation to Access Equation
Is the any way to convert an equation in Excel to something Access will understand other than manually rewriting the code? Basic equation has several *MOD(A,B) and several IF(AND(C,D)... simply changing MOD(A,B) to (A MOB B) and changing IF(AND(C,D)... to IIF(C AND D)... does not do the trick. I suspect I'm having parentheses problems. A, B, C, and D are themselves complex equations. Chuck On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 13:56:16 -0400, Chuck <libbeyc@schoollink.net> wrote: No, you're on your own. -Tom. >Is the any way to convert an equation in Excel to something Access will >un...

Very simple number equation does not equate.
Dear matlab gurus, I encountered a very puzzling problem. 0.2+0.2+0.2+0.15+0.05 clearly adds up to 0.8. But on matlab R2007b, it does not equate. Why? I have been tearing my hair apart as this problem looks so simple and yet elusive. Could some matlab guru enlighten a newbie like me? Below are what appears on my matlab screen; >> 0.2+0.2+0.2+0.15+0.05==0.8 ans = 0 >> 0.2+0.2+0.2+0.14+0.06==0.8 ans = 1 >> 0.2+0.2+0.2+0.2==0.8 ans = 1 "sun" <sun@gmail.com> wrote in message <h2qav3$7um$1@reader01.singnet.com.sg>... > Dear ma...

difference equations to solve wave equation
i am new in matlab. Can any one help out in how to solve a the wave equation using finite difference methods(Say the five point method). I will be grateful. Thanks On May 13, 3:42=A0pm, "Kayanja Andy" <kayanja.and...@yahoo.com> wrote: > i am new in matlab. Can any one help out in how to solve a the wave equat= ion using finite difference methods(Say the five point method). I will be g= rateful. Thanks what have YOU done so far to solve YOUR particular problem... us "Kayanja Andy" <kayanja.andrew@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hsgvjc$c11$1@f...

Single equation number for system of equations
Hello, I have a system of equations (actually several of them) of the form \begin{align} a &= b \\ c &= d \\ e &= f \\ g &= h, \end{align} I would like to use a single equation number for the complete system. I was wondering if there is an environment similar to align that will have a single equation number that is centred automatically. (The solutions I found by searching suggest using \notag after some of the lines in align, but this is a bit inconvenient and doesn't make it possible to centre the equation number when there are an even number of equations.) Szab...

How to plot equations like this equation in matlab?
Hi I want to know how I can plot some equation like this equation like this: x^3+ zyx^2+z^2yx+y^2xz+xyz+y^3+z^3=0 By and large how I can plot equation without parametrization in matlab. Thanks. "F.Vesali" <farshad.vesaly@gmail.com> wrote in message <ad978129-7f90-4685-b8d9-dc536dc63a31@r24g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>... > Hi > I want to know how I can plot some equation like this equation like > this: > x^3+ zyx^2+z^2yx+y^2xz+xyz+y^3+z^3=0 > By and large how I can plot equation without parametrization in > matlab. > Thanks. a hint: help ezplot; ...

Equation number to left side of the equation
Hi all, i wanted to do the following with (6) in the same line as the rest. How on earth is that done? \setcounter{tmp1}{6} \begin{list}{(\arabic{tmp1}) } \item \begin{eqnarray*} \rho r(S \backslash A^{\star}) & = & |S| - |A^{\star}| - \rho ^{\star} S + \rho ^{\star} (A^{\star})\\ & = & |S| - \rho ^{\star} S = \rho S. \end{eqnarray*} \end{list} Btw, im a complete noob in latex so a ready text to copy/paste is the only way you can help me :/ Thx a lot in advance!!! Xew if you don't want to hack latex, I think it's easier to just use amsmath package a...

labview equation box quadratic equation
Hello to all tge members, &nbsp; Currently, i'm on my intership and my intern includes programming using LabView 7.1. So, i just got to know this sofware last week. In order to programme, i need to get used to this software and of course, create&nbsp;some&nbsp;programs. I've done&nbsp;an exemple/exercice and i'm having a single error which bugs me so bad! Well, it goes something like this: &nbsp; I wanted to visualise a graph of an quadratic equation : y=ax�+bx+c the a,b,c,and&nbsp;x are all variable. when i used the equation box, i entered this equation (y...

conversion of difference equation to differential equation
x1,t+1 =3D F =B7 exp(-=E21x2,t x2,t) + (1 - =EC1)exp(-=E22x2,t) x1,t x2,t+1 =3D P =B7 exp(-=E23x2,t)x1,t + (1 - =EC2)x2,t Hello to everybody, I need to convert the set of nonlinear difference equations above to ODEs(ordinary differential equations). In the equation, only the x1 and x2's are the variables, the rest is just the parameters. If anyone could help me, I will be very thankful. I need the ODE forms since the program I use in Matlab only can solve ODE's. my best regards to everybody talha ...

Heat equation for Partial differential equation
I want to solve a heat equation like this du/dt=d^2u/dx^2, u(x,0)=sin(x), u(0,t)=0, u(1,t)=0 how can ? solve this equation with implicit finite difference method in matlab? "fatih " <mfatihk34@gmail.com> wrote in message <lads6r$g34$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I want to solve a heat equation like this > > du/dt=d^2u/dx^2, > u(x,0)=sin(x), u(0,t)=0, u(1,t)=0 > > how can ? solve this equation with implicit finite difference method in matlab? Most probably you mean u(x,0)=sin(Pi*x). For the solution: help pdepe Best wishes ...