Euler Burnolli beam equation

hello,
        Can any one tell me if it is possible to develop a simulation of the euler burnolli beam equation using the matlab partial differential equation tool box??

Umar.
0
umar
10/21/2010 11:52:04 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206925 articles. 560 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

> hello,
> Can any one tell me if it is possible to
> sible to develop a simulation of the euler burnolli
> beam equation using the matlab partial differential
> equation tool box??
>

> Umar.

If you can rewrite the equation as a system of
second-order PDEs then: probably yes.

Best wishes
Torsten.
0
Torsten
10/21/2010 8:33:27 AM
On 10/21/2010 4:52 AM, umar wrote:
> hello,
>          Can any one tell me if it is possible to develop a simulation of the euler burnolli beam equation
 > using the matlab partial differential equation tool box??
>

> Umar.

I am sure you can.  But isn't it a 4th order ODE? So, you really just
need ode45?

I did a simulation of this sometime ago, if you like to see it here is a
link, the code is there, but in Mathematica.

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/AnalysisOfASingleSpanEulerBernoulliBeamUnderDifferentLoading/

--Nasser

0
Nasser

Help with coupled equations
Hello All, I have fairly simple program in mathematica that I have been trying to write in Matlab but I have hit a bit of a wall. I much prefer Matlab and could use some help. I basically just solving two coupled differential equations but Matlab is having some trouble. My guess would be that matlab is not precise enough, but I am not sure. lam = 2.8*10^-6; lama = 10*10^-6; Kgs = 750*10^-6; Ksp = 600*10^-6; gam = 0.14; d = (8.7*10^-9)/gam; Co = 0; NN = 50; Na = 3000; DeltaG = 10; kB = 1.38*10^-23; TT = 293; delta= NN*kB*TT/(Kgs*d); A = exp((DeltaG + Kgs*d^2/(2*NN*kB*TT))); fmax=330*10^-12;...

Differentiating of Non-Linear equation
Hi all, Can anyone help me to differentiate Yin1 and simplify it to the simplest form? I tried the following commands, but the answer I obtained was still quite complicated. Thanks in advance. :) Yin1=(z2+z1*cot(f3*t1/f1)*tan(f3*t2/f1))/(z2*((z2*tan(f3*t2/f1)-z1*cot(f3*t1/f1)))) a=(f1/2)*diff(Yin1,f3); b=expand(a); b=simple(b) ...

BEAM UAVs
I am curious about any forays into using BEAM technology underwater but I have managed to find one website and little more. In particular, I have been tossing around the idea of using a legion of tiny, very inexpensive (even expendable) robots to collect data on the ocean, rivers, lakes, etc. I have been thinking about all sorts of little critters from simple message-in-a-bottle type data collectors that call for help when their memories are full to minnows that swim via various forms of locomotion communicating telemetry back to the mothership by sound. Unfortunately, knowing ...

plotting equations
Hi I hope someone can help. I'm trying to plot the deflection equation for a beam. I have two equations that describe the deflection of the beam. Each equation is vaild over a different range of x along the beam. I would like to know how to plot the curve for the whole beam, for the entire range of x. I don't know how to tell matlab that each equation is only valid for a specific range of x and that both equations together describe the deflection of the beam. Can any one offer any help or suggestions? Thanks On 7/28/2012 4:54 PM, Ragnar wrote: > Hi > > I hope som...

Euler tour problem
Dear Programmers, I want to write the euler tour in java. The rules of the euler tour is to cross every bridge once and finish at the node where you started. You can represent the bridges and nodes as a graph. I want to store that graph with a certain datastructure in my program but I don't know wich datastructure I have to use. So when you draw the bridges and the nodes the items have to be stored in that datastructure. I'm only familiar with the following datastructures: Linked Lists, Binary Trees, General Trees, Stracks and Queues. But I don't see a graph in any of these struc...

solving the transcendental equation
How can I solve the transcendental equation in matlab log(x)+x*x =2.43 without the symbolic toolbox thanks jhu wrote: > How can I solve the transcendental equation in matlab > > log(x)+x*x =2.43 > > without the symbolic toolbox Jhu, there are many ways to solve this, depending on the level of sophistication you wish to adopt. A quick and dirty way to do it is 1) define a range of x, e.g. x=1:0.01:2; 2) define y=log(x)+x.*x-2.43; 3) plot(x,y) 4) zoom in to the region where y=0. Note down the corresponding value of x (which is the quantity you want). I think you should...

Possibility to automatically generate differential equations and dynamical systems models by Matlab/Simulink?
Hello. I have a multi-domain simulation developed visually using SimMechanics, SimPowerSystems, Stateflow (2007b), etc. Is it possible for Matlab/Simulinks to generate the corresponding differential equations or dynamical systems models automatically? Thanks. ...

Euler: A smaller \in?
--=-=-= Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I really rather like the Euler font, which I'm using with \usepackage{ccfonts,eulervm} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} =20 except for one minor niggle: I think the set membership operator from \in is really big! I realise this is an intentional decision on the part of the person who designed the font, but I was wondering if there was a TeX hack to make it smaller. I understand that one would have to somehow tell TeX to use a smaller font for that symbol, and presumably to reposition it, but my mojo stops at \usepackage and I'm not sure w...

Fit Differential Equation to Data
I see a lot of posts out there on this so I thought I would put this online. I have attempted to fit a simple differential equation to data for a simple falling body problem. m*dvdt=c*v-m*g, where m is mass, v is velocity, g is gravity and c is a constant of proportionality for wind drag. For simplicity I'm fitting to get the values of c and g. As far as I can tell these programs seem to be working. I have two questions: 1) Is there a way to pass my diff-eq fitting back to my main program? 2) Regarding fitting, are there limitations to the number of constants to be fit? As you may hav...

The hardest Euler problem
I have sorted the Euler problems from hardest to easiest, and indeed the most interesting ones come up front. This one gets me particularly stunned. Find all quadrilaterals with angles (including those with diagonals). that can be measured in whole degrees. So a square fits the bill, because all those angles are 45 degrees. They give an example of a non-trivial example with 20 and 50 degrees. I cannot come up with something better than this - guess all angles except one. - calculate the last one using goniometric functions. The problem states that if it is within 10-9 of a whole degree, it ...

Frame7 to html (webworks..) does not display equations
Hi, Attempting to publish a document inhtml which contains quite a lot of equations. I ahve used webworks standard and Frame7. The output text + image is OK but not all the equations appears. It seems that equations appears as gif files !!! is their no conversion into xml or some sort ? Help appreciated Thanks Francois Frame does not support MathML, if that's what you'd like. You can use MathType as a base, and use (say) EPSs for Frame and MathML for HTML. Tim Murray <no-spam@thankyou.com> wrote in message news:<0001HW.BC470C3600023742F0284600@newsgro...

references to equations
Hi all, Does an automatic method exist to check if a label of an equation is referred in the text? If yes does an antomatic method exist to remove the tag of an unreferred equations? Thanks nunzio -- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Ing. Nunzio Visciano Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione Facolt´┐Ż di Ingegneria Seconda Universit´┐Ż degli Studi Di Napoli Via Roma 29 - 81031 Aversa (Ce) Italy Tel. +39 081 5010252 Fax. +39 081 5037042 E-Mail: nunzio.visciano@unina2.it ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Ing....

Function to solve equation
**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com **** I'd like to write a short function/program which will find the z value of the normal distribution given P(X>z), e.g. f(0.158655) will give 1. How could I do this? I know that StatPro can do this, but I'm interested in the educational value of knowing how to do this myself. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! *** http://www.usenet.com Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncenso...

Best Linear Equation Solver
Hi, What is the best solver for a large system of linear equations in Matlab, in terms of speed, memory utilization and convergence, and the name of the corresponding function? Thanks Chris chris wrote: > > > Hi, > What is the best solver for a large system of linear equations in > Matlab, in terms of speed, memory utilization and convergence, and > the name of the corresponding function? There is no "best" solver. What is the best way to travel between two arbitrary cities? Consider time of travel, cost, convenience, the existence of mass transit lines, health...

Finding Euler paths..
Hi everyone, I have been trying to solve a problem where the aim is to find a Euler path in a graph taking input as the edges. The basic idea is to keep removing cycles from the graph and finding paths in the remaining graph.. but I am not able to implement it. Could anyone tell how to go about implementing/any easier way. Thanks in advance for any help, Bhaskara Aditya bhaskaraaditya@msn.com (Bhaskara Aditya) wrote in news:4aae922e.0401280327.1be8cd4f@posting.google.com: > Hi everyone, > I have been trying to solve a problem where the aim is to find a > Euler path in a graph ta...

How to solve a linear equation with complex number coefficiency?
Hellow! Anyone can tell me how to solve a linear equation with complex number coeffiency as following (1+i)*x+(2+3i)*y=0; (2+5i)*x+(3+30i)*y=0; I try to use null(A), but it seems not working. Thanks! Mike In article <ef4363d.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, Mike <mainstream11@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hellow! > Anyone can tell me how to solve a linear equation with complex number > coeffiency as following > (1+i)*x+(2+3i)*y=0; > (2+5i)*x+(3+30i)*y=0; > > I try to use null(A), but it seems not working. > Thanks! > Mike ------------------- null(A) will only g...

Tungsten E Beaming Problems
I am having problems receiving beamed info. My Tungsten E beams to other PDAs, but when they beam to me, they get a message that says that they could not connect to my unit. I have swithced my pref/power/beam recieve to ON. Any suggestions?? TIA Stan In article <Hc%Qb.14663$g07.33637@news1.mts.net>, "Stan Lipnowski" <slipnow@mb.sympatico.ca> wrote: > I am having problems receiving beamed info. My Tungsten E beams to other > PDAs, but when they beam to me, they get a message that says that they could > not connect to my unit. > I have swithc...

equation
How to generate the following format for a equation. The symbol '=' are aligned. 'a','+','c','+','e','+' are aligned. fx = aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa + bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb = ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc + ddddddddddddddddddddd = eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee + ffffffffffffff thanks -- ZHANG Yan http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home5/pg01308021 "ZHANG Yan" <buaanupt@sina.com> writes: > How to generate the following format for a equation. The symbol '=' are > aligned. 'a','+','c...

equation solve: Undefined I
I have two equations: 0 = 1000*X1^2*X2^-1+1000*X2^-1-X1*X3*X4 %X3 and X4 are changing parameter 0 = X1^2+1000-X2 and I want to know the solution of X1 and X2, so I write the following codes, f = {'1000*X1^2*X2^-1 + 1000*X2^-1 - X1*X3*X4'; 'X1^2 + 10000 - X2'}; sol = solve(sym(f)); fX1 = matlabFunction(sol.X1(sol.X1~=0)); fX2 = matlabFunction(sol.X2(sol.X2~=0)); [X3,X4] = ndgrid(pvals.X3,pvals.X4); % change the value of X3 and X4 according to pvals X1 = fX1(X3,X4); and matlab returns an error: ??? Undefined function or variable 'I'. Error i...

imtransform
Hi, I am trying to take an image of a beam and bend the image as if the beam were in four-point bending. I have the analytic solutions for the displacements of a beam under a constant moment: u = -M/(EI)*xy + M/(2EI)*L*y + M/(EI)*h/2*x - M/(2EI)*L*h/2 v = M/(2EI)*(x^2 + nu*y^2) - M/(2EI)*L*x - M/(2EI)*nu*h*y + f where u = displacement in horizontal direction v = displacement in vertical direction M = applied bending moment E = stiffness of the material nu = Poisson's ratio of the material I = moment of inertia of the beam L = span of the top 4pt bend fixture (horizonta...

Euler Tour
im trying to come up with an algorithm to output an euler tour, given an undirected eulerian graph G. Can someone give me of a counter example of a graph for which my algorithm below does not find the tour even though there is one: 1. Do Depth-First Search traversal of G and number the vertices in DFS-preorder 2. Reinitialize all vertices and edges of G as unused. 3. Produce a cycle by: start from vertex with preorder number 1 computed in step 1, and repeatedly go to the vertex with highest preorder number possible along an unused edge. Stop when all edges incident to the current vertex a...

palatino and euler
Hi, I'm preparing my thesis and I want to use the Euler font. For the body text I think palatino is a good chose. I have find the following example of font mixture: % Euler for math | Palatino for rm | Helvetica for ss | Courier for tt \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ppl} % rm \linespread{1.05} % Palatino needs more leading \usepackage[scaled]{helvet} % ss \usepackage{courier} % tt \usepackage{eulervm} % a better implementation of the euler package (not in gwTeX) \normalfont \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} Is it necesary to change font for ss and tt? It is not enough changin the rm with \rene...

"beam me up scotty"
i need to make a particle effect like "the star trek beaming" top half of the person should be particles is there a way to morph the mesh in to particles? or any other way is wellcome /svb svb wrote: > > i need to make a particle effect like "the star trek beaming" > top half of the person should be particles > is there a way to morph the mesh in to particles? > or any other way is wellcome > /svb There is probably a plugin that will let you do that - I'd do a search on the www for it, but my ISP is a bit fried right now and I'...

Align texts inside equations
I'd like to know how Align texts inside multiline equations. Texts are aligned to the right. Thanks. JohnZhang448@hotmail.com (Yue Zhang) writes: >I'd like to know how Align texts inside multiline equations. Texts are >aligned to the right. i'm not sure i understand what you're saying: is the second sentence an aspiration or a statement of what's happening now. i suggest you use the amsmath stuff, and take a look at the \intertext command. it may help... -- Robin (http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq) Fairbairns, Cambridge JohnZhang448@hotmail.com (Yue Zhang) wrote in mess...

how to implement this long algebraic equation in Simulink?
Hi, I have a long formulas in Simulink: 3*u(1)*u(2)+u(5)*(u(2)+2*u(1)*sin(u(1)))+(u(3)*abs(u(1)*u(2))+u(4)*u(5 )*abs(u(1))+1)*sign(u(2)+u(5)*u(1)) Initially, I used 'Fcn' block to implement this. However, it turned out not reliable. First, it gave me error message. Then, after i removed '3*u(1)*u(2)', it passed the complier. My question is: any other technical solution based on block (no program) for this long expression except for 'fcn' and 'matlab function'? Thanks Hong ...