Euler Burnolli beam equation

hello,
        Can any one tell me if it is possible to develop a simulation of the euler burnolli beam equation using the matlab partial differential equation tool box??

Umar.
0
umar
10/21/2010 11:52:04 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 210142 articles. 11 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

> hello,
> Can any one tell me if it is possible to
> sible to develop a simulation of the euler burnolli
> beam equation using the matlab partial differential
> equation tool box??
>

> Umar.

If you can rewrite the equation as a system of
second-order PDEs then: probably yes.

Best wishes
Torsten.
0
Torsten
10/21/2010 8:33:27 AM
On 10/21/2010 4:52 AM, umar wrote:
> hello,
>          Can any one tell me if it is possible to develop a simulation of the euler burnolli beam equation
 > using the matlab partial differential equation tool box??
>

> Umar.

I am sure you can.  But isn't it a 4th order ODE? So, you really just
need ode45?

I did a simulation of this sometime ago, if you like to see it here is a
link, the code is there, but in Mathematica.

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/AnalysisOfASingleSpanEulerBernoulliBeamUnderDifferentLoading/

--Nasser

0
Nasser