Excel/ MATLAB

How to create an on-line link between MATLAB and Excel?
I want to save data generated by a MATLAB file immediately in a
spreadsheet file for further analysis.
How can this be achieved?

Another issue: is it easy to generate an HTML document from within
MATLAB?

Thanks.
0
lbahgat (25)
12/20/2003 10:36:27 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

look at:

 <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/matlab_external_example_index.shtml>

in particular, look at the section
COM/DDE apps and examples

re html output:
look at the report generator tbx

us

lucy borrelli wrote:
<SNIP wants ML talk to excel and wants to create html output>
0
us1 (8051)
12/20/2003 7:39:57 PM
I'll add that it's pretty easy to do, and I figured it out just by reading
the Matlab documentation yesterday.  I had a link working within a few
minutes, although I ran into a whole bunch of incredibly annoying
limitations with DDE.

Dan

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:39:57 -0500, us wrote:

> look at:
>
>  <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/matlab_external_example_index.shtml>
>
> in particular, look at the section
> COM/DDE apps and examples
>
> re html output:
> look at the report generator tbx
>
> us
>
> lucy borrelli wrote:
> <SNIP wants ML talk to excel and wants to create html output>

0
dan4519 (925)
12/20/2003 8:36:07 PM
Thank you all for your help.
I tried the example, but as a start I couldn't initiate a link and
always get a message that chan isn't valid channel if I try to use
it in subsequent commands.

chan = ddeinit('excel','sheet1');

I even wrote the whole path of excel but this didn't help either.
Any comments?

us wrote:

> look at:
>
> <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/matlab_external_example_index.shtml>
>
> in particular, look at the section
> COM/DDE apps and examples
>
> re html output:
> look at the report generator tbx
>
> us
>
> lucy borrelli wrote:
> <SNIP wants ML talk to excel and wants to create html output>
0
lbahgat (25)
12/21/2003 9:36:18 AM
lucy borrelli wrote:
<SNIP says:
     chan = ddeinit('excel','sheet1');
doesn't work ...>

make sure:
excel IS running and the sheet is open and otherwise use
1) the actvx-engine
2) a system() command
to start the program
us