Exporting Matlab Data to Excel and Graphing in Excel

I am trying to make a function that exports data given in matlab to a spreadsheet in excel and then plots the data in excel.

I am able to export the data into the spreadsheet fine, but I can only plot the data if I have graphed previous data in the file, and it limits me to the amount I plotted previously.

For example: I set up a dummy spreadsheet in excel with two different dependent variables and 10 data points each.  If I export any data within that range it is fine but if I for example try to plot 3 different dependent variables and 100 data points only the first 10 data points of the first two dependent variables will show up.

Thanks
Bryan
0
Bryan
11/4/2010 12:47:03 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 17 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

Exporting data from Matlab to Excel
Are there any functions that allow data to be exported automatically to a spreadsheet? Any guidance would be of great help. Thanks, Courtney Williams "Courtney Williams" <cw3794@aol.com> wrote in message <g6kkgm$3ve$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Are there any functions that allow data to be exported > automatically to a spreadsheet? Any guidance would be of > great help. > > Thanks, > Courtney Williams help xlswrite > help xlswrite Thank you. Is there a similar command for the OpenOffice.org suite? In article <g6kmbf$spr$1@fred.mathworks.com&g...

How to export matlab data to excel
Hi all, I'm seeking help on exporting a set of data generated from matlab into an excel file in 1x20 matrix form. How to do that?? help xlswrite there are also many functions on the file exchange to expand the capabilities of xlswrite. "seah " <hueiyingseah@yahoo.com> wrote in message <io25jl$1g0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, I'm seeking help on exporting a set of data generated from matlab into an excel file in 1x20 matrix form. How to do that?? Read the help for the xlswrite function. Should be pretty self explanatory. sorry i'm very new to mat...

Exporting floating-point data from Matlab to Excel
I am trying to copy-paste Matlab's floating -point data to Microsoft Excel but Excel cuts the decimal place data. e.g MATLAB Microsoft Excel 0.2 0 How can I paste the whole number without cutting any decimal point number pasrt of it? On Mar 3, 11:28 am, nt_artagnian <nt_artagn...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy-paste Matlab's floating -point data > to Microsoft Excel but Excel cuts the decimal place data. > e.g MATLAB Microsoft Excel > 0.2 0 > How can I paste the whole number without cutting any > decimal point number pasrt of it? Two use...

Importing Excel data into a groovy looking MATLAB graph
Hello! I have some Excel data that lists the United States' Gross Domestic Product for each year from 1890 to 2000. The data looks like this: 1890 260.42 1891 271.87 1892 298.51 .... 1998 8495.65 1999 8848.225 2000 9156.6 I want to turn this data into a groovy looking line graph. I tried using Excel's built-in Chart Wizard, but the resulting graph didn't look professional enough. Another problem is the graph looks WAY too much like an exponential curve, so I want to turn it into a logarithmic graph. How can I accomplish this task using Matlab? Mr. Snrub a �crit : > I want ...

Exporting MATLAB data in real time to Microsoft Excel 2007/2010
Hi, I am trying to export some MATLAB data (which changes in real time through a bluetooth sensor) but I am having trouble with errors. One method was to use ddeinit and ddepoke: channel = ddeinit('excel','control.xls'); rc = ddepoke(channel, 'r1c1', mean(openmotion1)); However after 30 secs it would give me the following error message: Error using ddepoke The first argument 'channel' is not valid. Error in btcallback (line 35) rc = ddepoke(channel, 'r1c1', mean(openmotion1)); Error in instrcb (line 36) feval(val{1}, ...

Matlab Data into Excel
I went and downloaded the 'xlswrite' M-file but it appears to only work with 3 worksheets. I need to put data in at least 20 seperate worksheets. Any suggestions on how to do this? Kenda Try using the function (xlsheets) to create Excel sheets. You can download it using the following link: <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=4474&objectType=file> Good luck! Kenda Ransom wrote: > > > I went and downloaded the 'xlswrite' M-file but it appears to only > work with 3 worksheets. I need to put data in at least 20 seperate > worksheets. Any suggestions on how to do this? > > Kenda ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

consider I have simple calculator GUI.. how do I export each answer to excel in MATLAB? please help me..i already used xlswrite but it will just replace the answer in excel.. can you help me a c
Code example: a = get(handles.input1_gamma,'String'); %gamma b = get(handles.input2_h,'String'); %h c = get(handles.input3_q,'String'); %q d = get(handles.input4_power,'String'); %POWER % a and b are variables of Strings type, and need to be converted % to variables of Number type before they can be added together out = [str2num(a) * str2num(b)* str2num(c)]; e = {'Power','gamma','H','Q'; out,str2num(a),str2num(b),str2num(c)}; xlswrite('results.xls', e, 'Sheet1' , 'A1'); ...

Importing data from excel to Matlab
Hello! I have 3 columns X 900.000 row data in an Excel 2007 sheet and I want to put hem in a 3 x 900.000 matlab matrix. So, I installed the Matlab add-in in Excel, I selected the three columns and clicked on "putmatrix".I put name "A" and then pc started to work. The problem is that Matlab instead of creating a matrix , created a 3x900.000 cell. Where is the mistake ? Thank you all! "Felipe " <felipe34@gmail.com> wrote in message <k0d9bg$d6c$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hello! > I have 3 columns X 900.000 row data in an Excel 2007 she...

convert data between matlab and EXCEL
How can I export/import data into/from EXCEL? Thanks "yan huang" wrote in message <iipthm$k76$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > How can I export/import data into/from EXCEL? > > Thanks u may use xlsread and xlswrite commands for import and export respectively. --- ashutosh srivastava ...

Matlab data import in excel
I have data in .mat format generated by matlab. i want to import that data in excel. but the problem is the size of the data. The data size is 160001 x 1,but as per my knowledge i can not use such a big data in excel as it has some maximum data size limit for processing. Is there any other way i can analyze the data in excel? You just had to have a prime number, didn't you? :) Well, you can use "reshape" to make it a matrix size that will fit in Excel. It can only go up to 65,536 rows, so that's why you aren't able to bring it in as is. As long as you reshape it to u...

import excel data to matlab
The data I need to import to matlab is from excel, which identify lots of different variabls with size (12*12), of the form x= following a data matrix, and y= following another data matrix....etc. I tried to use 'xlsread' but it seems that Matlab couldn't identify different variables as x or y. How to deal with it? Thanks a lot. Tracy Tracy wrote: > > > The data I need to import to matlab is from excel, which identify > lots of different variabls with size (12*12), of the form x= > following a data matrix, and y= following another data > matrix....etc. ...

convert matlab data in Excel
Dear Matlab fan, do you know how to convert the matlab data in Excel. Thanks July On 2006-04-10 22:32 July said the following: > Dear Matlab fan, >=20 > do you know how to convert the matlab data in Excel. >=20 > Thanks > July Please, be more descriptive when asking question. It=B4s impossible ( at = least for me) to understand what you are asking for /PB ...

export matlab figures to excel
I am building a Graphical User Interface and using xlswrite I export data to excel spreadsheets. However, I also wish to export graphs that are made in the GUI to excel. Does anyone know if and how this is possible in Matlab? At the moment I use imwrite to make a .bmp file of the graph and read the .bmp file in excel but I want to avoid doing this and link it directly from Matlab To Excel. Any help is much appreciated. regards Sujata sujata wrote: > I am building a Graphical User Interface and using xlswrite I export data to > excel spreadsheets. However, I also wish to export graph...

MATLAB data to Excel file
Hi All, I want to transfer the data generated by MATLAB code to an excel file. It seems that Matlab excel converter is a commercial product. I tried excel link but am unable to use it for transferring data gx in matlab to an excel file, certainly because of my inexperience. If some of you did anything of this type. Please let me know. Best Regards' Anas, Mohmmad You can use the function fprintf. Use a format that is deliminated by tabs and then you can import the text file into excel. Hey Thanks Mark, This is one way but believably a bit inefficient. I mean is there any other way, a...

exporting figure from Matlab to excel
Could someone help me with exporting a figure to an excel worksheet? If possible is there a way to export it so that is able to be edited? If not, just exporting the figure is fine. Thanks. Wouldn't Edit>Copy Figure in Figure menu do? What this does is, it copies the content of the figure window (including all uicontrols) to clipboard and then you can go an paste it in a Excel worksheet. If you want to do this in an m-code then you need to use "print" command. For example, the following copies the content of the current figure to clipboard; >print(gcf, '-dmeta') If you want particular objects in your figure be copied rather than the entire content then you may need to copy those objects (>help copyobj) to a temporary figure copy them them the same way and then kill the temp figure window. As for editing bit, I wouldn't think that there would be a direct way of doing this. You may need to write a code to translate all the objects in your figure to excel objects (i.e. m code to excel macros) but depending on the content of your figure it can be a messy business. Hope this helps ias About the copy & paste of the figure into Excel, I would recommend to use the save function and saving your figure in BMP format somewhere and then use a macro that insert this BMP into your Excel spreadsheet. H./ I have tried using the save function but it doesn't save the whole figure (I am trying to save a plot from a gui). Is there a way to chan...

Translate data from Excel to Matlab
My problem is the following: From a spreadshhet Excel the user must key numbers (as if a matrix it was) and that prssing a button (pushbutton) he can be stored so that Matlab can treat it (several m files that they need a matrix). After passing the algorithm, results must appear to user in the spreadsheet. I don´t know that code is necessary to use in the Visual Basic Editor. What´s the best? Xlsread, Excel Link or Dde? Many Thanks. ...

Setting Excel graph from Matlab
Hi All, I have a question: is is possible after exporting data (two columns: X and Y) to Excel to make a plot from them directly from Matlab? If yes, what is the command? I haven't done in, so have no idea. Any clues? Thanks in advance, Maciek ...

Bringing Data from matlab to excel
I have a number of different variables (which are 1,1e6 vectors) in my work space, how do I take a variable from the work space and put it in an excel file? Thank you very much in advance! Hi Roger, help xlswrite Best. ...

Passing data from matlab to excel
I am having a problem trying to pass data that is seperated by tabs from a text file into an Excel spreadsheet. The text file contains strings and numbers in any random order or places. I have tried using textread, dlmread, and many others. I am just about out of options. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do about this? Below is an example of my code. % Read data from file fid = ('Summary.txt'); fData = dlmread(fid,'\t'); <--- this is where I get an error %Then Output data into Excel. ...

how to export excel data to another excel document automatically
Hello! :- ) Ok, What's the best way to go about this, any examples would be helpful or pointing the finger in the right direction would be also :- ) Ok, here is the problem that I am trying to fix. Doc A) Imagine a excel file, with a series on columns, and the columns have different data types, some are dates, some are text, some are numbers. I receive a file like this on a daily basis for each new day from someone. Doc B) I also have a different excel document on the same local machine that's pretty much the same, but it's a running total, it's append...

Speed of Matlab Builder for Excel vs. Excel Link?
Hi- I have some fairly involved matlab functions that I wish to make accesible in Excel. I have the Excel Link and have used MLPutMatrix, MLGetMatrix & MLEvalString to send my data from Excel into Matlab, run my functions and get the results back. This is however, rather slow. I have read a little bit about the Matlab Builder for Excel and it seems that this may be a better solution. Would using this tool be much faster than the Excel Link? How about compared to the time of running the function in the Matlab environment? On a related note, is there another way to make a Matlab funct...

matlab and excel conflict
Hello all, Immediately after I installed Matlab 6.5 on my computer, I started having problems with Excel. When I double click on the Excel shortcut, I get the message "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If this problem persists, contact the program vendor. I have no option but to reboot the machine after getting this message. Details: EXCEL caused a general protection fault in module USER.EXE at 000b:00000108. Registers: EAX=0002c320 CS=1737 EIP=00000108 EFLGS=00000202 EBX=00003e70 SS=1217 ESP=0000b41a EBP=0000b422 ECX=00011a97 DS=167f ESI=0002520c FS=1937 EDX=86fc0013 ES=1a97 EDI=0000ffff GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8e c2 26 39 4d 0a 74 07 8d 44 04 8b d8 eb d7 8b Stack dump: 3e5c0007 00000644 0059b434 c3201a97 04003e70 00001a97 b4be0000 17370c96 1a970007 0000c320 016f3e5c 00001937 05f7016f 22dbb482 05c605f7 00bd0029 I have tried uninstalling Matlab, uninstalling Microsoft Suite and reinstalling it and various other combinations. Nothing seems to work. I am not able to use Excel at all. Please help. Thanks in advance. "Fun Kid" <funkid_22@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:84bde01a1051f8cd09b5d7f10424bda8@news.teranews.com... > Hello all, > > Immediately after I installed Matlab 6.5 on my computer, I started > having problems with Excel. When I double click on the Excel shortcut, > I get the message "This program has performed an illegal operation and > will be shut down. If this problem ...

Move an Excel Worksheet to another Excel Workbook with Matlab
I need to move an Excel Worksheet to a different Workbook with matlab. I am currently able to create an Excel worksheet and add data to the required cells. I want to be able to move this Worksheet to a different workbook. When I try the code, >> invoke(Activesheet.Move,'Resutls.xls') it creates a new workbook and moves the worksheet to the newly created workbook instead of 'Resutls.xls'. It also gives the error ??? One or more output arguments not assigned during call to "Move". Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Jared <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/0.htm> &#20599;&#25293; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/1.htm> &#40644;&#33394;&#23567;&#35828; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/2.htm> &#24773;&#33394;&#29255; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/3.htm> &#25104;&#20154;&#25991;&#23398; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/4.htm> &#24773;&#33394;&#32593;&#31449; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/5.htm> &#35064;&#20307;&#35270;&#39057; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/6.htm> &#38706;&#28857; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/7.htm> &#28608;&#24773;&#29255; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/8.htm> &#24615;&#25216;&#24039; <http://www.420megs.com/users/ernai/9.htm> &#25104;&#20154;&#28459;&#30011; <http://www.420megs.com/u...

Web resources about - Exporting Matlab Data to Excel and Graphing in Excel - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Gas Exporting Countries Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum ( GECF ) is an intergovernmental organization of 11 of the world's leading natural gas producers made up of ...

Facebook Updates Comments Box Plugin With Comment Exporting and Larger News Feed Stories
Facebook today released several updates to the newest version of its Comments Box social plugin for third party websites that will increase the ...

Lower dollar a boon for Canberra's wine exporting king
It may mean more expensive holidays for some, but one ACT registered company has enjoyed a profitable time thanks to the sharp fall in the Australian ...

Irish plant shut for exporting horsemeat

New online freight marketplace Cargohound aims to be the Uber of exporting
Cargo Hound wants to revolutionise the way goods are shipped from Australia.

Exporting the desperate; out of sight ... and mind
The boats have stopped, the point's been made, so why continue to treat those already ''here'' with such unconscionable cruelty?

Meat market: Andrew Forrest sees fortune in exporting beef to China
China is so desperate for good beef that Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest will be taking sample parcels of steak in his luggage on his next ...

Exporting carbon and hypocrisy: our big growth industry
Never mind our modest cuts to local emissions, new research shows Australia is heading into a carbon export boom.

Montreal men accused of illegally exporting railway equipment to Iran
Two Montreal men are charged with illegally exporting American-made railway equipment to Iran, violating Canada's Export and Import Permit Act ...

Canada's Most Unequal Provinces: Energy Exporting Regions See Growing Inequality
StatsCan’s new survey of top income taxfilers shows the country’s one-percenters are taking home slightly less of the national income pie than ...