Feature detection code in MATLAB

Hello Everyone
 I am having an image of dimension 512*512 in square shape.I want to select corner point of this image as feature point. anyone could help me to write the code for this feature extraction process using MATLAB.

  Thanks
comp.soft-sys.matlab 207254 articles. 1 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

On Nov 24, 6:05=A0am, amit <amiteshkuma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> =A0I am having an image of dimension 512*512 in square shape.I want to se=
lect corner point of this image as feature point. anyone could help me to w=
rite the code for this feature extraction process using MATLAB.

> =A0 Thanks

--------------------------
Upgrade to R2010b and get the new cornermetric function built in to
the Image Processing Toolbox:

cornermetric

Create corner metric matrix from image
Description

c =3D cornermetric(I) generates a corner metric matrix for the grayscale
or logical image I. The corner metric, c, is used to detect corner
features in I and is the same size as I. Larger values in c correspond
to pixels in I with a higher likelihood of being a corner feature.

c =3D cornermetric(I, method) generates a corner metric matrix for the
grayscale or logical image I using the specified method. Valid values
for method are:
Value	Description
'Harris'	The Harris corner detector. This is the default method.
'MinimumEigenvalue'	Shi and Tomasi's minimum eigenvalue method.

0
ImageAnalyst
11/24/2010 2:26:42 PM
ImageAnalyst <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message <ccb270d6-009c-4bac-99db-a7c5ecbe5f39@s4g2000yql.googlegroups.com>...
> On Nov 24, 6:05 am, amit <amiteshkuma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Everyone
> >  I am having an image of dimension 512*512 in square shape.I want to select corner point of this image as feature point. anyone could help me to write the code for this feature extraction process using MATLAB.
> >
> >   Thanks
>
> --------------------------
> Upgrade to R2010b and get the new cornermetric function built in to
> the Image Processing Toolbox:
>
> cornermetric
>
> Create corner metric matrix from image
> Description
>
> c = cornermetric(I) generates a corner metric matrix for the grayscale
> or logical image I. The corner metric, c, is used to detect corner
> features in I and is the same size as I. Larger values in c correspond
> to pixels in I with a higher likelihood of being a corner feature.
>
> c = cornermetric(I, method) generates a corner metric matrix for the
> grayscale or logical image I using the specified method. Valid values
> for method are:
> Value	Description
> 'Harris'	The Harris corner detector. This is the default method.
> 'MinimumEigenvalue'	Shi and Tomasi's minimum eigenvalue method.

thanx a lot ImageAnalyst..
 If possible provide me the  matlab code for Harris  Corner Detector method...it will be great help for me ...
0
amitesh
11/24/2010 2:43:03 PM
The best place to look first is always the File Exchange:

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/9272-harris-corner-detector
0
Image
11/24/2010 2:56:04 PM
"Image Analyst" <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message <icj923$rsb$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> The best place to look first is always the File Exchange:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/9272-harris-corner-detector

hello Image Analyst
i downloaded this file from file exchange. when i am running this Harris. m file , i get a image . but when  i move the mouse on the excuted image and click as par given instruction  ,than i got the following message on the command window --

Warning: Image is too big to fit on screen; displaying at 67%
> In imuitools\private\initSize at 73
  In imshow at 264
  In Harris at 7

PIP =

   Empty matrix: 0-by-2

Warning: Image is too big to fit on screen; displaying at 67%
> In imuitools\private\initSize at 73
  In imshow at 264
  In Harris at 80

What should i do to get the feature point succesfully.plz suggest me .....
0
amitesh
11/26/2010 10:59:05 AM
On Nov 26, 5:59=A0am, "amitesh kumar" <amiteshkuma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello Image Analyst
> i downloaded this file from file exchange.
> What should i do to get the feature point succesfully.plz suggest me ....=
..
-----------------------------
amitesh kumar:
You should try to contact the author, but since he probably won't
answer, you should try to debug it yourself.  I have no idea what the
internal code of that File Exchange submission is doing, but I think
you could debug it as well as I could.  Secondly I would upgrade to
the newest MATLAB and try to run the built-in corner detection
function.  These are the things I would do if it were me that had to
get this working.
Good luck,
ImageAnalyst

0
ImageAnalyst

ESS Feature Usage
I wonder how many customers use abbreviated dialing, which was an early feature of ESS. You would program in a list of frequently called numbers and dial a 2 digit code. Perhaps in dial days that might have been helpful, but in TT days not as much. It's a bit cumbersome to enter a number and then remember a code along with it. Lastly, many phones today have memory with that. I think Call Waiting is the most widely used service. I would think Call Forwarding gets some use still, though cell phones removed much of the need for that. If they had an a la carte (pay as you go...

How can i get the resolution of a jpg image with matlab?
Hi to anyone, in Matlab I cant't read the image resolution of a jpg file with the command infinfo. If I right-click on the file and see his properties, I can see the image resolution. Why can't Matlab read it? Is there a way to do so? Thanks in advance Azoun On Mar 12, 6:13=A0am, Azoun <muccioli.mich...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi to anyone, > > =A0 in Matlab I cant't read the image resolution of a jpg file with the > command infinfo. > > If =A0I right-click on the file and see his properties, I can see the > image resolution. Why can't Matlab rea...

Automating Acrobat's document comparison feature
Hi. In our workflow, we create versioned PDF files of artwork (primarily print advertising). We'd like some way of visually comparing differences between the current and previous versions, but rather than performing this manually using Acrobat's 'document comparison' feature, we'd like to automate it (perhaps with Javascript?). The filepath and filename of the PDFs are already held in a database, and once the comparison has been made, we'd like the 'review' PDF to be saved to a specified location with a specified filename. Does anybody know how we might accompli...

OT: Errors in Marcel's "Perfect Number code" examples?
Marcel, I've got a couple of problems with the examples on your "Perfect Number code" webpage: http://home.iae.nl/users/mhx/perfect.html You state: "The perfect number A can be characterized by a unique number n, where A = 2^n * (2^n-1 - 1). " Given one of the prior numerical examples: "8,128 = 2^6 * (2^7 - 1)" I.e., 2^6 is 2^n, so n=6, correct?: 1984 = 2^6 * (2^(6-1) - 1) 1984 = 2^6 * (2^5 - 1) I see 2^5-1 instead of 2^7-1. Shouldn't the A equation be?: A = 2^n * (2^(n+1) - 1) You also state: "To check A, we must find the sum...

MATLAB Code for simualting the spreading using Walsh Codes
A = [-1 -1 1 1]; %Spread waveform representation of user A's signal B = [-1 1 -1 1]; %Spread waveform representation of user B's signal C = [1 1 -1 -1]; %Spread waveform representation of user C's signal % Generating the code and its timing sequence: % to generate a 4 x 4 Hadamard matrix (which is the matrix of 1's and -1's % and the columns are orthogonal): N = 4; H = hadamard(N); % Picking full second row of Hadamard matrix: cA = H(2,:); % Picking full third row of Hadamard matrix: cB = H(3,:); % Picking full fourth row of Hadamard matrix: cC = H(4,:); ...

feature idea
I've been using kde since my migration to linux almost 5 years ago and of course now use kontact with the integrated kmail and knode (among the other) modules. I don't read this newsgroup too much, do the developers ever participate here? So, my actual question is: don't you think integrating konqueror into kontact would be a useful, convenient and even logical feature? I know for my personal use of these apps I would enjoy it very much. Anyone know how to request features? thanks, -srlinuxx on Saturday 11 September 2004 11:40 pm, s wrote: > I've been using kde sin...

Coset leader of a coset code of RS codes
Hi, I need some help on a problem regarding coset codes of Reed-Solomon codes (using GF(2^m)). I will quickly describe the problem. Define the same_symbol_weight of a codeword c as the maximum number of same symbols contained in c. Define the same_symbol_weight of a codebook C as the number of same symbols of c_s, where c_s is a codeword in C containing the maximum number of same symbols. As an example, the same_symbol_weight of the all-zero codeword of an (n,k) RS code is equal to n. Also, the same_symbol_weight of the all e codeword (e \in GF(2^m)) is equal to n. Thus the same_symbo...

biot savart matlab
Hi guys, I want to calculate the magnetic field from a given image using biot savarts law. For example if I have a picture of a triangle, I say that this triangle forms a closed wire carrying current. Using image derivatives I can get the co-ordinates and direction of the current (normals included). I am struggling implementing this...need a bit of help with logic too. Here is what I have: Img = imread('littletriangle.bmp'); Img = Img(:,:,1); Img = double(Img); [x,y] = size(Img); [Ix, Iy] = gradient(Img); So just to start off, I read the image in, turn it into a binary and t...

How to write code which minimizes page faults?
Hi! Pre-requisites: ------------------- 1) Consider I'm about to write a quite large program. Say 500 K lines. 2) Part of this code will consist of 50 structs with, say, no more than at most 1K bytes of data. 3) These structs are to be used by all of the other 500K lines in various places. 4) Linux, SUN Solaris Design decisions: ------------------- - Add functions to the structs so they handle their own data. Kind of C++ OOP. - Just make the structs carry data, and write macros to handle the data of each struct, and insert those macros in appropriate places in the 500 K li...

opinion on coding standard
Our project leader is making the decision to enforce coding standards through the use of our IDE. While standards and consistency are beneficial, I'm unhappy with one limitation of our IDE (IntelliJ IDEA 4.5), namely its inability to preserve extra spaces. I've found that a judicious use of spacing can often make code much easier to read and consequently to understand. Below is an example of before and after formatting. For me, the formatted code seems to blur together and is much harder to read. I'm wondering what opinions others might have. Original code fragment: privat...

is it bug or feature in xml.dom.minidom?

Feature Request LW[8.1]
At my work we digitize video with a DPS-Reality card and DPS-Velocity software. For my current 3D assignment I'm using lot's of green screen footage that have been keyed in DFX+. I use them (numbered 32-bit TGA files) in LW on virtual 4:3 screens with a clipmap which should be facing the camera all the time. During the creation of the LW scenes I noticed some time consuming issues that I want to share with you all. 1. there is no frame counter in the preview window of the Image Editor, this makes it difficult to check reference objects in the footage. (I don't...

I'm in a Matlab class and I need help :(
I'm taking MatLab for the first time and I'm having a very hard time using Euler's equation to solve a problem. I'm supposed to solve dv/dt = -k*A The problem states that a spherical droplet of liquid evaporates at a rate that is proportional to its surface area dv/dt = -k*A and... V= [(4*p)*(r^3) and... (4)*(pi)*(r^2) where V=volume mm^3, t=time(min), k=the evaporation rate(mm/min), A=surface area(mm^2), and r=radius(mm) Assume a droplet initually has a radius of 3mm and k=0.1mm/min please write a matlab program to compute the droplet volume from t=0 to 10min using Eule...

pdf text feature
Hi, I've received a document pdf that contain some text that allow selection but do not allow modify;inside the same document there are some textbox that allow data entry. I see that if i try to select all object in the document i can not select textbox but i can select all simple text;it seems not to be the same object(?) I have to create a document with the same feature like that as described before. Does anyone could help me how to do to add textbox for entry data and simple text for read purpose? Thanks Best Regards Rino De Astis ...

portilab to matlab and the signal correlation
hi everyone, I'm Dini..new to this forum I want to ask about portilab. Has anyone use it and try to show the signal's measurements into matlab? I have managed to read the file in matlab but try to plot it, its kinda confusing. Moreover, I have to show its correlation between those signals. This is my friend's code..but still unfinished % read data from file alldata=ReadPoly5('Lieuwe21.S00'); %parse into separate variabeles data1=alldata{1,1}; data2=alldata{1,2}; data3=alldata{1,3}; data4=alldata{1,4}; d1=data1.Data; d2=data2.Data; d3=data3.Data; d4=data4.Data; %take ...

Re: OT: Code Complete #14 640392
"Jerry Davis" <jwd@GRIFFIN.UGA.EDU> wrote: >Jack Hamilton <JackHamilton@FIRSTHEALTH.COM> wrote: > >> >However, if i remember right the recommended .NET standard use camel >> >case > >Is .NET a Pascal derivitive? Probably an ALGOL derivative, ultimately, as is Visual Basic these days. >> Bactrian camel or dromedary? > >A tough question for a friday, but something to ponder over the weekend. Bactrian would be MyVarName, and dromedary would be myVarname. Some language conventions employ one for variable names and the other for c...

trellis in matlab
Hi, I want to simulate a trellis like this: in cur nxt out 1 00 00 0 0 00 10 1 1 10 01 0 0 10 11 1 1 01 00 -1 0 01 10 0 1 11 01 -1 0 11 11 0 but the poly2trellis function does not support negative outputs, so tried to define myself the trellis structure like this: trellis= struct('numInputSymbols',2,'numOutputSymbols',2 'numStates',4,'nextStates',[0 0;1 0;0 1;1 1],'outputs',[0 1;0 1;-1 0;- 0]) As I realized, when I used the istrellis function, there is a problem wit the negative values because the trellis support only modulo-...

iWeb New Feature Impressions
Hi all, I've just finished to migrate my old iweb 1.x site to 2.0 version. A little bit of backround story: On my 1.x site, I did some customization in iWeb post processing with scripts my iweb site, and adding "widgets" like: - flickr tag cloud and picture visualization; - google statistics on pages - gizmos recorder - recipe's ingredients calculator - twitter last entries I did it, by including widget using html comments: eg <!--twitter--> and preprocessing it with a combination of bash and perl script I've created. Now, 2.0, says: we've got Widget. My firs...

Error class codes, Appendix B
Hi all! Error:GenCode Export page says: "Refer to Appendix B for a complete list of error codes". I have only 3 help-files in VO28SP3 (cavo28.chm, vo28sdk.chm and win32sdk.chm). None of these files have any Appendexies. VO27 was shipped with vo27pg.pdf, where one can find at least Appendix A, though Error:GenCode Export page in VO27 refers to Appendix B too. I was able to find constants in Errordat.prg but it is not enough - no subcodes, no descriptions. While some errors are easily reproduced and I can give customers an explanatory text, I can't do this with others....

Re: IDS Next Version
DL Redden said: > "stuff a VW Bug full of skinny women in bikinis and > have them drive around town with a web URL pasted on > the side of the car." > > I second that. Jeez, I'd settle for fat women. :o) -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche A smile is a gift that is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving someone the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere. sending to informix-list Obnoxio The Clown wrote: ...

Possible to replace validation code with macro call?
Dear List I have a couple of validation steps that I would like to replace with a macro call so I would only need to maintain code in one area but am not sure my "replace what's there already" idea is going to work with macro, at least inside the one datastep. The current form is data a; length x $13.; /*OTHER CODE.*/ x="123456xyz"; x=strip(upcase(compress(x,"yz"))); if x ^ = "" then do; if length(x) < 8 or length(x) = 9 then do; do until (length(x) in(8 10)); x = "0" || x; end; end; end; /*OTHER CODE.*/ run; I would like to...

An Improved Particle Swarm Optimization for Feature Selection #2
hi can anybody , write codes for An Improved Particle Swarm Optimization for Feature Selection ? artice:"An Improved Particle Swarm Optimization for Feature Selection" bye ...

putty vt100 control/escape codes generated for insert, . . . .
Need putty vt100+ control/escape codes generated for the following keys. Or, if you could point me to a complete list for this or any of the other emulation modes for. Environment Windows XP to AIX. This will allow me to map the keys in my application (Progress/QAD) which has its own keyboard mapping table. f1-12 Insert Delete Home End Page Up Page Down Thanks! Joe Nevermind. I figured out how to get putty to work well with Progress apps, including QAD. This is how I did it. I set my default terminal to linux, set putty to linux, then made a change in my proterm...

Do you need new features and applications?
The development of eComStation 2.0 (http://ecomstation.com/ ecomstation20.phtml) components was started in 2001, to create the next version of eComStation it's necessary research current requirements of users first. Share your ideas in the forums: * Perfect eComStation (users need recovery tools, fast boot, installer improvements, support of hardware, better USB support, better multimedia, system files protection, etc) http://forum.ecomstation.ru/viewforum.php?f=8 * I need new applications (users need internet phones, editors, catalogues, ODBC, vocabularies, etc) http://foru...

CDE source code?
Anybody know where to find that? Actually I only need dtlogin. Part 2 - I might as well tell you why. I have this system (AIX 4.3.3) built by some other company, (big big company, begins with "L" ) where you log into CDE from a login screen. If you use the wrong password, you get a message "Login incorrect...," and after 3 failed attempts, you're locked out, although you don't know it. And, maybe you're a hacker????? However, if on the 10th attempt, you get the password correct, then the message changes to "Too many unsuccessful login attempts..."...