FFT error (compiler error?)

Hi,

My FFT function suddenly stopped working, even trying a simple input it returns the following error:

EDU>> fft(zeros(1,128))

libmwfftw: load error: dlsym(0x125219ba0, fftw_plan_guru64_dft): symbol not found
Caught "std::exception" Exception message is:
dlsym(0x125219ba0, fftw_plan_guru64_dft): symbol not found

I'm running MATLAB 7.12.0 (R2011a), on a Mac OS X Version 10.7.5.

Any idea how to fix this? I tried recompiling FFTW 3.3.3, but I still get the error.

Cheers,

Mathieu
0
Mathieu

"Mathieu " <matt.turtles@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My FFT function suddenly stopped working, even trying a simple input it
> returns the following error:
>
> EDU>> fft(zeros(1,128))
>
> libmwfftw: load error: dlsym(0x125219ba0, fftw_plan_guru64_dft): symbol
> not found
> Caught "std::exception" Exception message is:
> dlsym(0x125219ba0, fftw_plan_guru64_dft): symbol not found
>
> I'm running MATLAB 7.12.0 (R2011a), on a Mac OS X Version 10.7.5.
>
> Any idea how to fix this? I tried recompiling FFTW 3.3.3, but I still get
> the error.

What change (if any) did you make to the system or to MATLAB between the
last time that command worked and the first time it threw the error?

Did you try changing the FFT library that MATLAB uses? [Your comment about
recompiling FFTW suggests to me that you are.] That is NOT supported. If you
are trying that, undo those changes.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
Steven
1/29/2014 11:07:57 PM
"Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <lcc1kd$s4s$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Mathieu " <matt.turtles@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > My FFT function suddenly stopped working, even trying a simple input it
> > returns the following error:

> > libmwfftw: load error: dlsym(0x125219ba0, fftw_plan_guru64_dft): symbol
> > not found
> > Caught "std::exception" Exception message is:
> > dlsym(0x125219ba0, fftw_plan_guru64_dft): symbol not found
> >
> > I'm running MATLAB 7.12.0 (R2011a), on a Mac OS X Version 10.7.5.
> >
> > Any idea how to fix this? I tried recompiling FFTW 3.3.3, but I still get
> > the error.
>
> What change (if any) did you make to the system or to MATLAB between the
> last time that command worked and the first time it threw the error?
>
> Did you try changing the FFT library that MATLAB uses? [Your comment about
> recompiling FFTW suggests to me that you are.] That is NOT supported. If you
> are trying that, undo those changes.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

I have not tried to change the FFT library that MATLAB uses, although I have installed FFTW in the past.

I can't remember what changes I've done since it last work as I haven't used the fft function in a few months.

One thing I didn't mention is that I always open Matlab through the terminal, as I need to use MINC (medical imaging tool) through Matlab (which was installed years ago, and FFT has worked in conjunction).

I did some more digging in my .bash_profile, and there are two path directives that cause this problem if they are included:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/bic/lib #(MINC tools are installed here)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

Both of these folders have some librfftw library files, but I don't fully understand why they would interfere with Matlab (and all of a sudden, since they had them before as well).

I hope this additional information helps clarify the situation, and thanks for taking some time at helping me resolve this problem.

Cheers,

Mathieu
0
Mathieu
1/29/2014 11:24:08 PM
"Mathieu " <matt.turtles@gmail.com> wrote in message <lcc2io$deq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <lcc1kd$s4s$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >
> > "Mathieu " <matt.turtles@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > My FFT function suddenly stopped working, even trying a simple input it
> > > returns the following error:

> > > libmwfftw: load error: dlsym(0x125219ba0, fftw_plan_guru64_dft): symbol
> > > not found
> > > Caught "std::exception" Exception message is:
> > > dlsym(0x125219ba0, fftw_plan_guru64_dft): symbol not found
> > >
> > > I'm running MATLAB 7.12.0 (R2011a), on a Mac OS X Version 10.7.5.
> > >
> > > Any idea how to fix this? I tried recompiling FFTW 3.3.3, but I still get
> > > the error.
> >
> > What change (if any) did you make to the system or to MATLAB between the
> > last time that command worked and the first time it threw the error?
> >
> > Did you try changing the FFT library that MATLAB uses? [Your comment about
> > recompiling FFTW suggests to me that you are.] That is NOT supported. If you
> > are trying that, undo those changes.
> >
> > --
> > Steve Lord
> > slord@mathworks.com
> > To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
> > http://www.mathworks.com
>
> I have not tried to change the FFT library that MATLAB uses, although I have installed FFTW in the past.
>
> I can't remember what changes I've done since it last work as I haven't used the fft function in a few months.
>
> One thing I didn't mention is that I always open Matlab through the terminal, as I need to use MINC (medical imaging tool) through Matlab (which was installed years ago, and FFT has worked in conjunction).
>
> I did some more digging in my .bash_profile, and there are two path directives that cause this problem if they are included:
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/bic/lib #(MINC tools are installed here)
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib
>
> Both of these folders have some librfftw library files, but I don't fully understand why they would interfere with Matlab (and all of a sudden, since they had them before as well).
>
> I hope this additional information helps clarify the situation, and thanks for taking some time at helping me resolve this problem.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mathieu

I found a workaround to solve this problem, but don't have a firm understanding of why this problem occurred in the first place.

In my .bash_profile, I aliased my "matlab" command to to add the Matlab library prior to  the bash library path, and called matlab with the -desktop flag to prevent it from opening a new terminal before opening Matlab (which would not include the modified path).

alias matlab="export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/MATLAB_R2011a_Student.app/bin/maci64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH; /Applications/MATLAB_R2011a_Student.app/bin/matlab -desktop"

I could have also simply exported the Matlab path in my .bash_profile separately from the aliasing command, but this would have modified which default FFTW version is used for other tools (as my other tools such as Minc use FFTW 3.3.3, and Matlab uses 3.2.2).

My problem seems to be fully resolved with this minor modification.

Cheers,

Mathieu
0
Mathieu

Error 8 Compilation Error. File permission error or DMA hardware error detected
I just upgraded my Labview code to Labview 8.5 from LV8.2.1 Then I tried to compile&nbsp;my code to get an .exe file I keep getting the following error, &nbsp; Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference: Error 8 occurred at Write to Text File in AB_Engine_Update_INI_Header.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Create_INI_File.vi-&gt;AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi-&gt;AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi-&gt;AB_UI_FR...

error or not an error ...
I was just testing out the R4 REXX thingy, and it found an error in the following program. My question is this, is it an error or not? My PC/REXX and Regina don't barf on it, but I thought they should've. _____________________________________________ /**/ ?.='' ?.z='batman' trace i if ?.z\==''then do; say '?.z=' ?.z; end ______________________________________________ Note that there is space before the THEN. I'm not sure of the exact rules for parsing an IF statement, I know that THEN is a "reserved" keyword when an IF statement is...

When is an error not an error?
When it's OSS slopware, of course. http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: > When it's OSS slopware, of course. > > http://www.angelfire.com/planet/dfs0/Knode_send_error.png > Well, some time ago I had a problem with OE - too long reference line to other posts, and OE of course refused to send... then crashed. Should I name it a feature? -- Andrea On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:25:29 +0200, Andrea wrote: > On 2006-09-12 02:42, * DFS wrote: >> When it's OSS slopware, of course. >> >> http:/...

When is an error not an error?
The Java language specification claims in: 8.8.7.1 Explicit Constructor Invocations .... "If an anonymous class instance creation expression appears within an explicit constructor invocation statement, then the anonymous class may not refer to any of the enclosing instances of the class whose constructor is being invoked." Helpfully it gives an example: "For example: class Top { int x; class Dummy { Dummy(Object o) {} } class Inside extends Dummy { Inside() { super(new Object() { int r = x; }); // err...

configure: error --- compile error
can u help me and guide a litte bit? please. [root@home cyrus-imapd-2.1.15]# ./configure creating cache ./config.cache checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu checking for makedepend... /home/auser/cyrus-imapd-2.1.15/tools/not-mkdep configure: warning: Makedepend is not installed on this system. You should compile and install the version from the makedepend subdirectory. checking for gcc... gcc checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no checking whether we are using GNU C... yes checking whether gcc accepts...

Objc Nubie: Errors Errors Errors
I've been toying with learning ObjC/Cocoa for sometime and finally got over the hump of "brackets vs. braces" but am wondering why my little test throws so many warnings when run: // gcc FileTest.m -o FileTest -ObjC -framework Cocoa #include <Cocoa/Cocoa.h> #include <Foundation/Foundation.h> int main( void ) { NSString * str = [ [NSStringalloc] initWithString:@"~/samplefromcocoa.txt" ]; NSString * full = [ NSString stringWithString: [str stringByExpandingTildeInPath ] ]; if( [ [NSFileManager defaultManager] fileExistsAtPath:full ] ) { NSLog( @"File %@ exists", str ); } else { NSString * contents = [ [NSString alloc] initWithString:@"Created by FileTest.m" ]; BOOL didWrite = [contents writeToFile:full atomically:NO]; if( didWrite ) { NSLog( @"Creating File %@", str ); } else { NSLog( @"Unable to create file %@", str ); } } return 0; } when run and it has to write the string to disk> 2004-02-11 08:27:03.882 FileTest[2082] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x50d6f0 of class NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking 2004-02-11 08:27:03.885 FileTest[2082] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x50dc80 of class NSPathStore2 autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking 2004-02-11 08:27:03.887 FileTest[2082] ...

Error Using LSQCURVEFIT : Matlab Error
Hi All, I have MATLAB 2007b on my computer along with the optimization toolbox. I attemped to run the lsqcurvefit but ran into this trouble. The error persisted even when I tried the example given in the MATLAB documentation for lsqcurvefit (Ideally it should have worked properly). Surprisingly this command (lsqcurvefit) and my code were working perfectly fine few days ago. But suddenly after I installed MATLAB 2010a TRIAL version, I started running into this problem (lsqcurvefit gave the same error with both MALAB 2010 and 2007 versions). So I uninstalled both MATLAB 2010a Trial vers...

Compiling error... not sure how to address the errors
Hi, Im new here and fairly new to vhdl. Im designing a simple register bank= .. My main issue is handling the integers in a case statement. I think I am = missing something, but I don't know what. Im using ModelSim to code. Here i= s my code. You can paste it in a program and try to compile to see the erro= r I am getting, but I am going to post the errors, in case you dont have th= e program. Thanks: library ieee; use ieee.std_logic_1164.all; use ieee.std_logic_arith.all; entity RegBank16x8 IS=20 port( clk : IN std_logic; wr...

Error 10170 syntax error during compilation
I am new to verilog. It gives a compilation error for the if statement. Could someone help me out by pointing out my mistake?. reg [2:0] next_state, current_state; parameter reset_state = 3'b000; always @(posedge clock) case (datain) 0: { if (current_state == reset_state) begin { next_state = reset_state; } end This is a part of code that I have written. It gives the following error Error (10170): Verilog HDL syntax error at seqdet.v(24) near text "if"; expecting an identifier ("if" is ...

transform
Hi, I get a compiler error when trying to use std::transform to iteratate/modify a list. If I write the same code by hand, it compiles fine. Am I misusing transform, or is this a compiler bug? The types involved are complex templates, but I don't think this should have any bearing on things. ------------------------------- const UserIFSeq& uList; UserIFSeq::const_iterator i; UserISeq users; // // Compiles Fine. // for (i = uList.begin(); i != uList.end(); i++) users.push_back(UserIPrx::uncheckedCast(*i)); // // Produces Error. // std::transform(uList.begin(), uList...

#SERVER ERROR: Error while Compiling # FPGA
It seems like I can't compile&nbsp;my FPGA vi to the pci7831r anymore, I get the message "#SERVER ERROR:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Error while Compiling&nbsp; #" when I try to do that. Is there anyone that knows anything about this problem. Recently i have also installed a 6259 Ni-daq device and I want to use it paralel with my FPGA device, could maybe this&nbsp;be the problem? I have attached&nbsp;two pictures of the messages I recieve when I try to compile my program. &nbsp; Thanks in advance &nbsp; /trajkan&nbsp; 1.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/at...

Error compiler MATLAB.
Hi, everyone I've been trying to run an executable that believes in matlab but when I run it I get the following error: That was removed: sl_library_browser_repos \ toolbox \ physmod \ Simscape \ Simscape \ lb_simscape_icons_repos.rps then comes this: Verify file ownership and access permissions and returns to get the same error above I really would appreciate your help. I tried everything but still I can not fix it "Gerardo Felix" <gerardo0_maniaco0@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hr4uso$de8$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, everyone > ...

Matlab compiling error
I wanna compile a m-file but, I faced with an error message such like following. ------------------------------ above things are abbreviated... Input file <C:\DOCUME~1\> named twice. Ignored. cannot open c:\docume~1\ C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2006B\BIN\MEX.PL: Error: Link of 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2006b\work\test\src\test.exe' failed. Error: An error occurred while shelling out to mbuild (error code = 2). Unable to build executable. ??? Error executing mcc, return status = 1. There were errors during compilation process. --------------------------------------------------- ...

Matlab Compiler Error
Hi, WHen I try to create an executable for a matlab scrip that was built with GUIDE, I get the following error: "DOS commands may not be executed when the current directory is a UNC pathname." What am I doing wrong? Mike "Mike Williams" <bruceyincanada@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj4c30$qkc$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, > WHen I try to create an executable for a matlab scrip that was built with > GUIDE, I get the following error: > > "DOS commands may not be executed when the current directory is a UNC > pathname.&qu...

matlab compile error
I have matlab 6.5.1 and borland C++ 5.5 free command line installed. It was working before to compile, now it shows up this error message if I use mbuild -setup: DllRegisterServer in C:\dtdtools\tools\matlab\v6.5.1\bin \win32\mwcomutil.dll succeeded Undefined subroutine &mexsetup::expire called at mexsetup.pm line 728. ??? Error using ==> mbuild Unable to complete successfully Don't know what's wrong, anyone can help? Thanks a lot Willis Hi, I've encountered the same problem, both in Matlab6.5.1 and Matlab7.1 I couldn't find any resolution so far. Could you notify...

Embedded Matlab interface error : error calling MATLAB function 'sf'
Hi, I am using MATLAB 7.6 on a 64-bit machine. I am trying to run a mathematical model containing various user defined embedded matlab function that was previously 'built and run' using same matlab version but on a 32-bit machine. I am getting this error on my current machine setup "Embedded Matlab interface error : error calling MATLAB function 'sf'". I have already visited many matlab central pages yet I am unable to find a solution to this specific problem. N.B: I tried to configure a c compiler through mbuilder -seup on caommand line but it seems that there are no compilers on my new machine, Can this be a reason for my problem? > Can this be a reason for my problem? MATLAB on Win32 ships with a compiler. MATLAB on Win64 does not. You need to install one of the supported compilers (http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2012a/win64.html) for the MATLAB Function block to work. Phil ...

error C2106: error C2057 :error C3304:
I have faced intrinsic errors "error C2106 / error C2057 / error C3304" in Visual studio 2008. Though the source files have included with header files like "math.h" and "ctype.h", compilation gives error as given below. 2>c:\apps\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\string.h(48) : error C2106: '=' : left operand must be l-value 2>c:\apps\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\string.h(48) : error C2057: expected constant expression 2>c:\apps\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\string.h(48) : error C3304: 'PreAttribute': at...

Error directing BCP In errors to error file
Greetings, I am trying to bcp in data to a table which is in different server . Though the bcp in works fine but the error file is not being created and rejected records are not being directyd to the error file. Query looks like: bcp <db>..test_b_plan_cp in /home/file_out.txt -c -t '|' -S *****-U ****** -P ******-I /home/bcp2db_sql.ini -e /home/bcp2db.error. Can someone please help? TIA. Regards, Rajpreet ...

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ...

Error Directing BCP In Errors to error file
Greetings, I am trying to bcp in data to a table which is in different server. Though the bcp in works fine but the error file is not being created and rejected records are not being directyd to the error file. Query looks like: bcp <db>..test_b_plan_cp in /home/file_out.txt -c -t '|' -S *****-U ****** -P ******-I /home/bcp2db_sql.ini -e /home/bcp2db.error. Can someone please help? TIA. Regards, Rajpreet ...

internal compiler error (bus error) fixed
well, MINE was fixed by simply upgrading from 2 gigs ram to 4 gigs ram. ...

fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
Compiling... overlaod.cpp d:\vc work\cpp\think_in_cpp\chapter10\overlaod.cpp(17) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1786) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information Error executing cl.exe. overlaod.obj - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) when compiling, errors above will apear.I am a newbie in C++, I hope someone here can help me.Following is my source code #include <iostream> using namespace std; class myOverload { public: my...

problem with matlab compile error in matlab6.5 work in matlab 7, help!
hi to all, i have a problem running this code on Matlab 6.5, it running fine on matlab Version 7.1.0.183 (R14) Service Pack 3 (but i have not this version) Matlab 6.5 give me a compilation error: ?? Error: File: C:\Documents and Settings\Roby\Documenti\Tesi\portoni_sd_sa\portoni_sd_sa\portoni_2d.m Line: 23 Column: 19 "identifier" expected, "(" found. row 23 col 19 start from @(points) ... (at line begining with error_function = ) Can u help me to resolve this error? can u give me sugestion how can write this line i'm a beginner and i can't understand why t...

Error code when there is no error??
In my source I have: wndclass.hIcon = LoadIcon (hInstance, "test") ; test.ico is a valid icon. file. Everythig works ok. But when I test for an error like this: ShowLastError(); // no problems here wndclass.hIcon = LoadIcon (hInstance, "test") ; ShowLastError(); // I get "The system cannot find the file specidied" wndclass.hIcon get a valid handle. Here is my ShowLastError program: VOID ShowLastError(void) { LPVOID lpMsgBuf; DWORD error_code; int status; char sa1[1024]; error_code = Get...

Web resources about - FFT error (compiler error?) - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , or external linking . The most common reason for wanting to transform source code is to create an executable program. The name "compiler" ...

Compiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Compile" and "compiling" redirect here. For the software company, see Compile (publisher) . For other uses, see Compilation . This article has ...

Facebook Open-Sources HipHop PHP Compiler Software
Earlier this morning, Facebook officially made their new PHP “compiler,” called HipHop, available as open source software. In the blog post by ...

Art in the Age of Matter Compilers
jurvetson posted a photo: Sheba may be the harbinger of art in the digital age — a mathematical sculptor with digital matter. She manipulates ...

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Typesafe cofounder forking Scala compiler
The main contributor to the Scala compiler, Paul Phillips, has announced on GitHub that he is forking the compiler to “fix some of the innumerable ...

Does Apple's new developer agreement ban Adobe's Flash-to-iPhone compiler?
Given that any kind of formal truce between Apple and Adobe was essentially blown out of the water by Steve Job's very public slating of Flash ...

Apple seeds devs with Safari 5.2 for Lion, Xcode 4.4 with new LLVM compiler
... to the general public this summer. Among the new features: According to Apple, Xcode 4.4 includes an editor for Collada 3D files, compiler support ...

NVIDIA and Continuum Analytics Announce NumbaPro, A Python CUDA Compiler
... are announcing that they are bringing Python support to CUDA. Specifically, Continuum Analytics’ will be introducing a new Python CUDA compiler, ...

IntelliJ Releases IDEA 12, Brings Improved UI, New Compiler Mode, Android UI Designer, And More
I'm not going to pretend to be a developer here, and I'll openly admit that the bulk of what IDEA 12 does is over my head. However, I do understand ...