File Contents Won't Update Until File is Opened

Hey,

I ran into this problem before, but cant remember if/how I solved it. Anyways, I'm overwriting a file (objfun.m) based on what the user inputs. I'm using:

fid=fopen('objfun.m','w');
A bunch complex parsing stuff hapens here....
fclose(fid);

Then the new contents of objfun.m are read and used in my program. The problem is objfun.m is not actually changed unless I manually open it. What happens is when I read objfun.m I still get the old contents. If I double click it (manually opening it),I see the new stuff is there. Now, by opening it, it has been changed and I can read the new contents. It's as if the file is not properly updated for some reason until it is manually opened. Is there way to fix this or a workaround?

Thanks
0
Adam

Remembered the solution. I must use clear functions to update the contents. Thanks.
0
Adam

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

Can't do "gem update --system"
Hi, I've update the software on my linux box ( v4 to v5.0 http://clarkconnect.com/ ) upgrade something has gone screwy with my Ruby installation on the machine. Any ideas? My ruby/rails installation was working fine until I did the Linux update. Gem Update Affected (not that the 'md5.so' is actually there in the directory) [root@home ~]# gem --version 1.3.1 [root@home ~]# ruby --version ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-linux] [root@home ~]# [root@home ~]# gem update --system /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/digest/md5.so: libcrypto.so.4: cannot open shared object ...

Compilation Batch File Won't Pipe To File
I tried to make a batch file for compiling Java programs. It looked something like this echo off cls D:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin\javac %1.java>Out.txt type Out.txt notepad Out.txt Except, for some reason nothing gets sent to Out.txt What am I doing wrong? -- "It's better to have rocked and lost than never to have rocked at all." -John Flansburgh Luc The Perverse wrote: > I tried to make a batch file for compiling Java programs. It looked > something like this > > echo off [1] > cls > D:\j2sdk1.4.2_09\bin\javac %1.java>Out.txt > type Out.txt...

Access Won't Open File
I have an *.mdb file that is used as a backend to a VB6 application. The file works fine and is compressed/repaired regulary using VB6 and JetComp. My problem is that Access 2002 won't open the file. Access doesn't give an error message - it does nothing - no pause, no message, no nothing. I would like to be able to manage this file using Access, please help. On 22 May 2006 13:54:29 -0700, "Jereme" <gigaquad@aol.com> wrote: >I have an *.mdb file that is used as a backend to a VB6 application. >The file works fine and is compressed/repaired regulary using VB6 an...

Access won't open file
A2003. I haven't seen this before. You use File/New to create a new database in Access and call it DB1. Close Access, click on db1, Access opens and there's nothing there. Then I try opening the database from File/Open, actually open the file, and there's nothing there. No database window or anything. No new software has been installed on the computer. There are other databases that won't open either by clicking them or from file/open. It is the full, not the run-time version. I am thinking that Access needs to be re-installed, but with all the licensing stuff MS does ...

open file in c / create if file doesn't exist
Hi everyone! I have a problem with trying to open a file in C. The following line in my code is suppoed to open a specified file if it exists and create a new one with this name if one doesn't exist: if ((shfd = open(argv[2], O_CREAT | O_RDWR, 0644)) < 0) my_error("open failed"); If I try to open a file that doesn't exist I get an error: Bus error And when it creates a file it sets permissions to -rw------ instead of -rw-r--r-- as I would hope... Is there something I'm not getting about how O_CREATE works?... However, if I try to open existing file that is no...

can't open 'm file'
when i open 'file-> new-> m-file' this message.... 'Failed to open editor. Load of Java classes failed.' what is it? what is wrong with my computer~~ ninaki wrote: > when i open 'file-> new-> m-file' > > this message.... > > 'Failed to open editor. Load of Java classes failed.' > > what is it? what is wrong with my computer~~ I'm going to assume you're using some version of Windows. I know this is trite, but have you tried exiting MATLAB, restarting Windows, and then restarting MATLAB? Bob Pownall i did it.. ...

SBCL: couldn't duplicate file descriptor: Too many open files
Hello, From time to time I get the following error "couldn't duplicate file descriptor: Too many open files". I am using SBCL 1.0.54 on Linux. Until now I could not find the cause of this error. Is there some internal facility in SBCL that could tell me something about the file descriptors in use ? The error must be caused by some resources that are not freed. If I knew what are those many open files, it would be easy to correct my mistake. Thanks. Thibault Langlois <thibault.langlois@gmail.com> writes: > Hello, > > From time to time I get the following error "couldn't duplicate > file descriptor: Too many open files". I am using SBCL 1.0.54 on > Linux. > > Until now I could not find the cause of this error. > > Is there some internal facility in SBCL that could tell me something > about the file descriptors in use ? The error must be caused by some > resources that are not freed. If I knew what are those many open > files, it would be easy to correct my mistake. Use WITH-OPEN-FILE instead of OPEN. -- __Pascal Bourguignon__ http://www.informatimago.com/ A bad day in () is better than a good day in {}. On Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:21:10 PM UTC+1, informatimago wrote: > Thibault Langlois <thibault.langlois@gmail.com> writes: > > > > > Hello, > > > > > > From time to time I get the follow...

Kernel.exec won't find a file that File.expand_path can
I'm doing a fork/exec on a .rb file in the same directory as the parent rb. On two systems, this has worked. On the third, to which I just moved, I get /ecod-poll:254:in `exec': No such file or directory - /home/fritza/ecod/mail-tail/ecod-tracker.rb (Errno::ENOENT) I've put debugging puts'es into the code, and the path I'm using looks OK. Feeding the path from the puts to "ls -l" shows that the file exists and is world-readable and world-executable. Would someone please help me figure this out? No doubt it's something dumb, but I'm just not seeing it. ...

In awk -- how to 'cat' a file for it's value and update another file
I have a file (schvoy) with one variable. I have a file (baplie) with many lines. I only want to update the line in file baplie that has $1 ~ /TDT/ and I want to update $3 with the value of file schvoy. I feel like I have tried everything. Please advise the best and easiest way to pass the value in schvoy file using awk. Thanks very much. onewayonlytojesus@yahoo.com wrote: > I have a file (schvoy) with one variable. > I have a file (baplie) with many lines. > I only want to update the line in file baplie that has $1 ~ /TDT/ and I > want to update $3 with the value of file schvoy...

Numbers won't open OneDrive file
Using Numbers on the iPad Pro, one of the options for opening files is to set it to get from OneDrive. I did that. But when you try to actually open a file, up pops an error claiming OneDrive failed to launch. No other info. So I tried to open the OneDrive app, it opens and works fine. But still Numbers won't do it. Found the only solution that actually does work is to 'send' via email and then send that attachment to Numbers. -- Lloyd Previously on comp.mobile.ipad, Lloyd Parsons said: > Using Numbers on the iPad Pro, one of the options for opening files is to > set it to get from OneDrive. I did that. But when you try to actually > open a file, up pops an error claiming OneDrive failed to launch. No other > info. Is the file an Excel file or a Numbers file? -- Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org Double ROT13 encoded for your protection Jeffrey Kaplan <nomail@gordol.org> wrote: > Previously on comp.mobile.ipad, Lloyd Parsons said: > >> Using Numbers on the iPad Pro, one of the options for opening files is to >> set it to get from OneDrive. I did that. But when you try to actually >> open a file, up pops an error claiming OneDrive failed to launch. No other >> info. > > Is the file an Excel file or a Numbers file? > It doesn't matter which file it is or what format until you can actually get the OneDrive plugin to actually open the d...

??? CS won't open files on my Mac
When I click on a PhotoShop file, PhotoShop CS opens but the file does not. I have use the PS 'open' dialog to find and open the file. Is there a fix? I threw away the PS preferences, but that didn't help. I'm running Tiger. Thanks. anti-spam wrote: > When I click on a PhotoShop file, PhotoShop CS opens but the file does > not. I have use the PS 'open' dialog to find and open the file. > > Is there a fix? I threw away the PS preferences, but that didn't help. > > I'm running Tiger. > > Thanks. Try this (from Adobe Forum FAQs): ...

? files won't open in PhotoShop Cs
Clicking on a *.psd file opens PhotoShop but does not open the file I clicked on - I then have to use the File menu to track down the file to open it. This started after I reinstalled Mac OS X 10.2.8. Clicking on other file types (excel, dreamweaver, etc.) opens them in their respective applications as expected - PhotoShop is the only problem. Is there a fix? Thanks. In article <20040524055853792-0700@news.charter.net>, ^ <surf@ctant.com> wrote: > Clicking on a *.psd file opens PhotoShop but does not open the file I > clicked on - I then have to use the File menu...

File::Find and filehandles won't open
I'm doing something like this: use File::Find; sub doThis{ open FH,'fileA, or die $!; # just to prove it can be opened!!! close FH or die $!; find(\&process,'some_path'); } sub process{ open FH2, 'fileA' or die "problem FH2: $!"; # won't open now .... } That's dieing like this: "problem FH2: No such file or directory... " Can I not open filehandles in find? What's wrong? I used to do what I wanted with opendir and grep, but I need to read the subfolders. Can I get a list of files that process returns true on? I don't w...

HELP! Quark File Won't Open!!
My master layout file of 60 M in size is in Quark 5.1 on Mac. I tried to open the file by clicking on the file icon and Quark boots then nothing happens with the file open. If I try to open the file from within Quark it tells me "Out of memory." I've assigned 200 mb to Quark and it still doesn't open the file. My other Quark files open fine. HELLLPPPP !!! Sarah >If I try to open the file from within Quark it tells me "Out of memory." The file is quite likely damaged. MarkzTools (from MarkzWare) can diagnose and repair damaged Quark files--it's a commercial program. There's no guarantee, however, that it can salvage that particular file. If it can't, you may have to just open the file in a text editor such as BBEdit and try to salvage the text--the layout and graphic information will be gone. -- Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more: http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html The esteemed cugina <lamoglieprima@yahoo.com> observed: >My master layout file of 60 M in size is in Quark 5.1 on Mac. > >I tried to open the file by clicking on the file icon and Quark boots then >nothing happens with the file open. > >If I try to open the file from within Quark it tells me "Out of memory." > >I've assigned 200 mb to Quark and it still doesn't open the file. My other >Quark files open fine. > >HELLLPPPP !...

File on Mac won't open on Windows?
Hi Folks, I am new to the folling situation: There are 2 existing databases on a MacIntosh running FileMaker Server (I think it's v6). They open and run fine on a Windows box. I am trying to add a new database to the mix. When I open it, it can't be found. Is there a special way of opening files with FM Server? Do I need to add a "group" in order to share the file? Yes, I clicked on "multi-user", etc. as described here: http://www.filemaker.com/help/13-Sharing%20data3.html http://www.filemaker.com/help/13-Sharing%20data2.html http://www.filemaker.com/help/Mac...

CreateFile won't open anything other than a txt file?
I'm trying to write a basic virus scanner that requires me to search through the contents of file but the createfile function wont allow me to open anything but a .txt file. exeFile = CreateFile( file_attr.cFileName, /*file path*/ FILE_ALL_ACCESS, /*requested access*/ FILE_SHARE_READ, /*sharing*/ NULL, /*use default security descriptor*/ OPEN_EXISTING, /*don't create*/ FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, /*attributes - don't change any*/ NULL /*file to use as template. ignore this.*/ ); dwBytesReadFileBuff = 0; char *filebuff = (char*) mall...

matlab (linux) doesn't update when file changes
I run addpath('dir') so that all the function in the dir is recognize. Now I can use funct1() which is in the dir. type path confirms that 'dir' is added in the path. Now I use rmpath('dir') , and still able to use funct1() . Is this a bug ? type path confirms that 'dir' is no longer in the path This, of course, never happened in Windows. Matlab 7.0.1 on Linux -- ThanhVu Nguyen Thanhvu Nguyen wrote: > I run addpath('dir') so that all the function in the dir is recognize. Now > I can use funct1() which is in the dir. type...

.py file won't open in windows 7
Hallow, I try to open a .py file (attached), but what I get is a windows DOS window= opening and closing in a couple of seconds. Ran repair of the program, not= hing happened. I cannot see error messages and don't know where to look for ones. Would appreciate your piece of advice. [cid:image003.jpg@01D15F5B.A41CF980] joseph Yossif Yossifoff Operations CS Core Hot Mobile Office +972539036945, Mobile +972532422649 yossify@hotmobile.co.il This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of th= e...

.ram files won't open in Real Player
I'm running Panther on a G5 and when I download a .ram file, it automatically opens GoLive and of course, just sits there wondering what to do next. Is there a way I can make it open in Real Player (which is what I thought it should automatically open in). I kinda miss File Exchange. Melanie Melanie Lynch wrote: > > I'm running Panther on a G5 and when I download a .ram file, it > automatically opens GoLive and of course, just sits there wondering what > to do next. > > Is there a way I can make it open in Real Player (which is what I > thought it should auto...

File::open and File.open
What exactly is the difference between these? :: is a class method while is an instance method??? If that is so, could someone clarify this with more detail? I use File.open, but File::open works too. However sometimes, this is not the case which adds to my confusion :) For example, I can only do Digest::MD5.new() and not Digest.MD5.new() why is that? I don't fully understand OO programming... perhaps this is my problem. Thank you for your time. -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Robert Klemme schrieb: > Brad Tilley wrote: >> What exactly is the difference betwe...

xsl for an rdf file, src attribute won't create correct link to image file
with the following xsl and xml file, the display of the gif file with the <image/url> tag works. However, the gif file in the <description> tag using the name attribute "src" won't make the correct link to the gif file. why? <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:lc="http://my.netscape.com/rdf/simple/0.9/"> <xsl:output method="html" /> <xsl:template match="lc:RDF"> <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Resource Display Page</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <xsl:apply-templates select="lc:item"/> </BODY> </HTML> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="lc:item"> <P> </P> <a><xsl:attribute name="href"><xsl:value-of select="lc:link" /></xsl:attribute>link </a> <P>image</P> <TR> <TD> <xsl:element name="img"> <xsl:attribute name="src"><xsl:value-of select="lc:description/@src" /></xsl:attribute> <xsl:attribute name="border"><xsl:value-of select="lc:description/@border" /></xsl:attribute> </xsl:element> </TD> </TR> </xs...

Can't open #include file: 'hbclass.ch'
Tengo un archivo fasapos.sh con la siguiente instrucci=F3n: ../../../xharbour/bin/harbour ./../../Des/pos_v313.070/Source/fgeneral - n -I./../include -I./../../xharbour/include el problema es que si lo ejecuto como archivo de comandos me da el siguiente error: xHarbour Compiler build 0.99.71 (SimpLex) Copyright 1999-2007, http://www.xharbour.org http://www.harbour-project.org= / Compiling './../../Des/pos_v313.070/Source/fgeneral.prg'... ../../include/FiveLinux.ch(4) Error F0028 Can't open #include file: 'hbclass.ch' Ahora si ejecuto la instrucci=F3n directamente en el te...

GUI .fig file won't open in Guide anymore???
Hello, I made a GUI using GUIDE in version 6.5 of Matlab. I recently upgraded to Matlab 7 and now the program freezes when I try to open the .fig file in GUIDE. Is this a known issue and is there a solution? Thanks! - Jared ...

Web resources about - File Contents Won't Update Until File is Opened - comp.soft-sys.matlab