File conversion: fortran to matlab

Hello

I have gone through google search, other forums and similar
message posted here also. I have not got really a way to
convert f90 file to matlab file. Its really a big file.
Can anyone please help me?

Thanks.

I just did it today, on a 300 line file, by hand.  If you
know Matlab, Fortran isn't that much different I don't
think.  Just copy and paste, do some rearranging and
relabeling, and you're done.  Really, I have no Fortran
training at all and I figured it out in less than an hour.

I did have to use the online Fortran reference at IBM a
couple of times to find out the syntax of the IF statements,
DO loops, etc.  It still wasn't that bad.
0
spamanon (2437)
6/25/2008 1:19:05 AM
"Sneha " <smithpamola@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have gone through google search, other forums and similar
> message posted here also. I have not got really a way to
> convert f90 file to matlab file. Its really a big file.
> Can anyone please help me?

As an alternative to converting over the file, you may be able to write a
wrapper to make this into a MEX-file:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/bp_kqh7.html

The third and fifth items could be useful for you.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

0
slord (13689)
6/25/2008 3:18:50 AM
"Sneha " <smithpamola@yahoo.com> wrote in message
<g3s1et$g8e$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hello
>
> I have gone through google search, other forums and
similar
> message posted here also. I have not got really a way to
> convert f90 file to matlab file. Its really a big file.
> Can anyone please help me?
>
> Thanks.

Converting Fortran to MATLAB can sometimes be
straightforward, but a *lot* of Fortran stuff has no
direct translation to MATLAB, particularly some of the
newer F90/F95 stuff. You would need to understand
Fortran's pass-by-reference behavior (Fortran purists,
don't bite me on this please!) vs MATLAB's pass-by-value
for function calls, etc. when doing the translation. If
you don't know Fortran very well this could be a rather
large task for you to undertake. And if you have a very
big file as you indicate, then I would take Steven Lord's
suggestion and look into making it a mex routine. Several
people on this ng can help you with that if care to go
that route. Do you have a Fortran compiler available?

James Tursa

Does anybody know a way to convert Matlab code into Fortran and then compile Fortran mex dll file for Matlab 2006a?
Hi all, I want to ask three questions regarding Fortran and Matlab interface. The two tools I am using are: Intel Visual Fortran 10.1 and Matlab 2006a. Q1. What is the best converter to convert Matlab code into Fortran code with readability? My understanding is that Fortran and Matlab are both vectorized and they should be pretty similar and such converter should do a good job. Q2. Is there a wizard for Intel Visual Fortran under MS Visual Studio.Net 2003 or Visual Studio.Net 2005 to set up environments for building mex dll file for Matlab on Windows XP? There is such a wizard tool for...

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

Conversion .mat file from matlab 7.01 to matlab 5.3
I ve saved some .mat files using Matlab 7.01 and i am not able to open the same files using Matlab 5.3. Is it possible to convert them automatically using a function from Matlab 7.01 or Matlab 5.3 to a compatible one for Matlab 5.3? Thank you Leonidas Kakalis wrote: > > > I ve saved some .mat files using Matlab 7.01 and i am not able to > open the same files using Matlab 5.3. Is it possible to convert > them > automatically using a function from Matlab 7.01 or Matlab 5.3 to a > compatible one for Matlab 5.3? > > Thank you Use the '-v6' option of save in Ma...

converting fortran files to matlab files
hi there all, i was wondering if it would be easy or possible to coverting fortran files into matlab files. i have some data that was created in fortran but i really need to work on that data in matlab, i m using matlab version 6.5. if anyone knows and can point me in the correct direction, i would be very grateful, Thank u for ure time Tapan Hi, You have to write mex files : Read this : <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/ch06engi.html> J�r�me I don't understand....... You say: i was wondering if it would be easy or possible to coverting f...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. ...

load5
As a solution to some posts a while ago about reading compressed matlab 7 files in matlab 6, i posted load5 to the file exchange (7734) which does this. Note that the "Other Requirements" field on the FX is outdated as the zip file has both windows and linux versions and DOES search the matlab path if the file is not found in the current directory. ...

mex - matlab calls fortran which calls matlab which calls fortran
Dear All, I'm trying to link matlab and fortran with mex files and engine matlab, in linux OS. My general purpose is the following: 1) a matlab script A calls a mex function B based upon fortran source code 2) mex function B calls another function in matlab C within matlab engine 3) matlab routine C calls another mex file in fortran D While i'm able to do steps 2) and 3), I can't do step 1). Before to show the code, please reply to this simple question: Is it possible to build the overall process 1-3? On 8 Okt, 16:37, "Michele Catalano" <cata...@yahoo.it> wr...

convert a .mat file (Matlab 6.5) to a .mat file(Matlab 4)
Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 version. I want to convert it my file but i son't know why....I've proved with save as..but i had no chance. What i have to do?Someone can help me? Thank you very much! Bye!! Michael wrote: > Hello I've just started using a program, and i need to import data to > this program. There are other options but I prefer to import it from > matlab...but this program only support matlab 4 v...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks.
undefined ...

fortran to matlab conversion
Can someone tell me where I can get services to convert a fortran program to matlab? Hello, you can try the m-file "f2matlab" at: <https://sourceforge.net/projects/f2matlab/> It is not bug-free and the produced code is somewhat hard to read (no indentation), but this is fairly easy to accomplish: just do a "select all" --> "smart indent" in the matlab editor. Be aware that ALL the I/O operation are NOT translated. No way to do it. HTH. Andrea. <http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/> Aude Kentsop wrote: > > > Can someone tell me...

file conversions in matlab
Is it possible to convert text files to xml format via matlab? Thank you Svet > Is it possible to convert text files to xml format via matlab? HELP XMLWRITE ...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks. #2
undefined ...

matlab mex file (fortran)
I want to create the mex file from external fortran file (file.for). I use compaq visual fortran 6.6a and matlab v13. Pleas help me. I have still the same problem. ------------------------------------------------------ >> mex -setup Please choose your compiler for building external interface (MEX) files: Would you like mex to locate installed compilers [y]/n? y Select a compiler: [1] Compaq Visual Fortran version 6.6 in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio [2] Lcc C version 2.4 in C:\MATLAB6P5\sys\lcc [3] Microsoft Visual C/C++ version 6.0 in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Stu...

convert fortran file to matlab
does anyone knows how to convert fortran file to matlab or matlab m-file ? This is no alternative way ... Only option you have is to do by hand/yourself ... I don't think matlab has toolbox for that... and there is NO "go to' command in matlab. On Fri, 7 May 2004 21:39:37 -0400, apphiex wrote: >does anyone knows how to convert fortran file to matlab or matlab >m-file ? Hello, for very easy m-files (that is, m-files that contain only numeric code) you can try the f2matlab program at: <https://sourceforge.net/projects/f2matlab/> Or the perl script f77toM (...

My problem with matlab script node is related to calling function in matlab.&nbsp; I created an m-file function that takes an imput temperature (from DAQ) and defines a material property.&nbsp; My matlab script node doesn't seem to recognize my function.&nbsp; I have placed the function in the folder the vi is currently located, but it doesn't read it.&nbsp; How do I get matlab script node to read the functions I create in matlab? Add the directory to matlab path, or call the .m file with it full name ( D:\..... \myfile.m) Let me clarify, &nbsp; I have pasted my m...

How can I run a matlab file in a PC without Matlab?
Hi, Is there a way of running a matlab program in a PC that doesn't have matlab, or is there a way to make an EXE file of a matlab program? If anyone knows, pleas give me a hand. Thanks Try to use the mcc command. help mcc for more info greetz Stefan "Gabriel" <txiqui@excite.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eedf6f5.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, Is there a way of running a matlab program in a PC that doesn't > have matlab, or is there a way to make an EXE file of a matlab > program? > If anyone knows, pleas give me a hand. > > Thanks ...

Cannot open *.fig files from MATLAB 2008b in MATLAB 2014a
Like in subject, I cannot open figures made in MATLAB 2008b in MATLAB 2014a environment. Scenario: copy *.fig files from 2008b environment into 2014a, set paths with subfolders, try to open *.fig in 2014a. I would like to have a confirmation if it is compatibility problem or not. Here is the answer form MATLAB in Command Window java.lang.ClassCastException: [D cannot be cast to [Ljava.lang.String; at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor.completed(LayoutEditor.java:2217) at com.mathworks.toolbox.matlab.guide.LayoutEditor$ReadFigureCompleted.completed(LayoutEditor.java...

adding some of the files from Matlab central to the offical Matlab releases?
I see some very useful files and commands at Matlab central, and wonder why Mathworks does not add these to the official Matlab release? This will make using these files/commands easier, so that, for example, when sending an .m file to someone, they do not have to go download some additional files from matlab central first to the code. Just for an example, there is the GUI layout manager toolbox http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27758-gui-layout-toolbox And the factorize() and inverse() commands in http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/24119 ...

converting matlab 7 files to matlab 6.5
Does anyone know if it is possible to convert Matlab 7 .mat and .fig files into a format which can be read by Matlab 6.5. Any help would be most appreciated!!! Ben Hi Ben, Try using the export feature within guide to save your .fig file as .m file. Matlab 7 guis have more properties than 6.5 so you will have to remove some of these manually before you can get your file to run Matlab 6.5. Regarding mat files... "SAVE ... -V6 saves a MAT-file that MATLAB 6 can LOAD." Regards, Bobby "Benjamin Bird" <benjamin_bird@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ef0345d.-1...

fortran files compile in matlab
How to compile fortran *.f90 files in matlab. I haved tiped mex *.f90 and I tiped mex *.f90 -f df66opt.bat and i both cases a hade syntax erorrs, but i can same file compile in fortran. Can I compile it in matlab??? Did you read may answer on your previous query??? To compile fortran files in Matlab is not so simple ... You should carefully read the Matlab help for more info: - Calling C and Fortran Programs from MATLAB - Creating Fortran MEX-Files Please read first metlab help and after that ask for help. Michal "Daniel Bozic" <bozic_daniel@yahoo.c...

Mathematica to Matlab
I have got a Mathematica Model from another researcher and I need to convert it into Matlab, as we only have Matlab installed on the university computers. As, I am an absolute novice at Matlab & Mathematica. I will appreciate if you could please advise me how I could convert the Mathematica (*.nb) files into Matlab - so that I can use this Mathematica model in Matlab? Thank you for your help! "Nipun " <nipun1@msn.com> wrote in message <gffpau$hd5$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have got a Mathematica Model from another researcher and I need to convert it into Matlab...

MathCAD2001 to Matlab file conversion
I am looking for MathCAD2001 (MCD file) to Matlab (M file) conversion utility. Thanks in advance, Michal ...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

Fortran conversion to Matlab Help!
Hey All! I found this old fortran program that will help me in some geology research...only problem is I'm just starting to learn Matlab and have little understanding of Fortran. Can anyone help me better understand this code and translate it into a Matlab script? FYI: This is a helper program that runs the function RTNEWT(W2H) to be used in the main Matlab m.file. that is calculating the orbital velocity of an ocean wave It would be a huge help. c*********************************************************************** c REAL FUNCTION RTNEWT(W2H) c c SOLVE: 0 = ...

Web resources about - File conversion: fortran to matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab