Finding Length/Height in image

hi all!

i'm new to matlab and i've to use this program as part of my project.

my project requires matlab to:
- find the height of the player from ground to knee level

i'm able to convert the image to a rather clear bw image. however, i do not know how to target at the spot where i want to find the length at.

can someone give some suggestion?
your help would be very much appreciated :)

thanks
0
serena
3/2/2011 1:05:22 AM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206978 articles. 0 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

On Mar 1, 8:05=A0pm, "serena " <moonstruckseren...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi all!
>
> i'm new to matlab and i've to use this program as part of my project.
>
> my project requires matlab to:
> - find the height of the player from ground to knee level
>
> i'm able to convert the image to a rather clear bw image. however, i do n=
ot know how to target at the spot where i want to find the length at.

> can someone give some suggestion?
> your help would be very much appreciated :)
>
> thanks

Sure.  But first of all, where did you post your image?  Give the URL
to the web hosting site where you uploaded it, such as one you'd get
if you uploaded to uploadhouse.com

Secondly, do you want the height in pixels, or real world units?  If
you want it in real world units, you have to know how many pixels
correspond to 1 cm, such as b y imaging an object of known length like
a ruler.

Third, does it have to be automatic or can it be manual?  If it can be
manual, just call improfile and find the distance in pixels between
the first coordinate and the last coordinate.  Then convert to real
world units if you have a calibration scale factor.  If it has to be
automatic, then you have to segment out your person from the
background somehow, for example by thresholding.  Then sum the array
horizontally to get a vertical profile, and then use find() to find
the row (line) where the segmented person starts and stops (use the
'first' and 'last' option in find()).  Then convert to real world
units if required.

So if you have any more questions, post your image and your code and
clearly and unambiguously describe what the trouble is.
-ImageAnalyst
1
ImageAnalyst
> Sure.  But first of all, where did you post your image?  Give the URL
> to the web hosting site where you uploaded it, such as one you'd get
> if you uploaded to uploadhouse.com
here's the link!
http://img2.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/8294/829407265e5e6c45863a0f680a9e022f04db41a.jpg

> Secondly, do you want the height in pixels, or real world units?  If
> you want it in real world units, you have to know how many pixels
> correspond to 1 cm, such as b y imaging an object of known length like
> a ruler.
i would want the height in real world units eventually.
how would i be able to find out how many pixels correspond to 1 cm?
referring to my image link above, i do know the length of the stick (if there is a need for a known length in the image?)

> Third, does it have to be automatic or can it be manual?  If it can be
> manual, just call improfile and find the distance in pixels between
> the first coordinate and the last coordinate.  Then convert to real
> world units if you have a calibration scale factor.  If it has to be
> automatic, then you have to segment out your person from the
> background somehow, for example by thresholding.  Then sum the array
> horizontally to get a vertical profile, and then use find() to find
> the row (line) where the segmented person starts and stops (use the
> 'first' and 'last' option in find()).  Then convert to real world
> units if required.

at the moment, going step by step, it would be manual.

> So if you have any more questions, post your image and your code and
> clearly and unambiguously describe what the trouble is.
> -ImageAnalyst
i'll give it a try, i'm sure i'll be back here ;)
thanks ImageAnalyst!
0
serena
3/2/2011 2:16:06 AM
plz serena send me cod eif u hav
0
atulyadav (1)

Huh??? No image handler for type 15 defined?
I am trying to load a small PNG image file as follows: wxImage image; image.LoadFile (wxT("bitmaps/new.png"), wxBITMAP_TYPE_PNG); But instead I get: "Warning: No image handler for type 15 defined." This is on Windows (wxMSW). I compiled the library with PNG, ZLIB, TIFF, JPEG, etc. support (or so I believe?) How is it possible that a handler for PNG cannot be found? Thanks, Pam ===== WX : 2.4.2 OS : Windows 2000 COMPILER: VC++ 6 (IDE) __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!...

Image analysis: point regrouping
Hi! My problem sound pretty simple (to me), but I am not quite sure how to tackle it. My overall goal is segmentation of 3d images (cells). I have been using a gradient flow tracking approach, which leaves a "sink" at the center of each cell. I have labeled this sink in the sink matrix. Because my images are not perfect though, I tend to have more than one sink per cell, leading to my program thinking that one object is actually multiple objects. What I want to do is cluster all points in the sink matrix (that are over 0) that are within a certain distance from one another ...

Find and Grep together
Hi All, I am sorry if this is not the right group for this question. I am using find and grep together to find a string in a file from the top level directories. find . -name "*.c" -exec grep "string" {} \; -print | more. | \/ top level directorie I am sure that the string I am searching is in the lower directories where I am searching but this command is unable to find the string which I am looking. Can anyone please help me. My version control tool is clear case and my config spec also supports all the files....

How to find out the current version of the MySQL installation ?
How to find out (from the command line under Linux) the current version of the MySQL installation ? Or is there a config file which contains the version number ? Werner Werner Sammer <wersam@yahoo.de> wrote: > How to find out (from the command line under Linux) > the current version of the MySQL installation ? > Or is there a config file which contains the version number ? > Werner Command line: mysql --version Regards, Johan -- _____________________________________ Ing. Johan van Oostrum chaos geordend - www.chaosgeordend.nl _____________________________________ >...

Exceeded observation length
Hi everyone, Has anyone of you ever come across this problem: data Have; length CharVar $ 5000 ; CharVar = repeat('a', 5000); do i = 1 to 5000 ; output; end; run; proc transpose data = Have out = Want ; var CharVar ; run; ERROR: Observation length 25000008 too large for file WORK.WANT.DATA. Maximum allowed for this file is 16777191. NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors. WARNING: The data set WORK.WANT was only partially opened and will not be saved. NOTE: PROCEDURE TRANSPOSE used (Total process time): ...

finding max
Hello all I have a matrix a = 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 now I call max(a) ans = 9 10 11 12 to find the max, I have to call max(max(a)) Is there any way I can get the max of a matrix in one command? Thanks sore wrote: > > Hello all > > I have a matrix > > a = > > 1 2 3 4 > 5 6 7 8 > 9 10 11 12 > > now I call > > max(a) > > ans = > > 9 10 11 12 > > to find the max, I have to call max(max(a)) > > Is there any way I can get the max of a matrix > in one command? >...

Re: are character variables always stored in fixed length ? #2
Thanks to Pardee and Puding (in a private response) who have all proposed using COMPRESS as a solution to save disk space. I've vever used that, but seems that compression is a global operation on a dataset, so numerical variables would be affected in performance as well when used in a proc, right ? This is rather limited when constructing datawharehouse with SAS regarding modern SGBD. diana ...

AWT transparent images
Hi, I have a class that extends the Canvas class, and its paint method creates two images, to which it draws images from files. The problem is, some of the images from files contain transparent pixels, and when I draw them, the transparent pixels are replaced not by the image underneath, but by the applet's background colour. Does anybody know what is causing this, and if there's a way to fix it? I've already tried using png and gif images, but that doesn't solve the problem=B7 Thanks, --James. In article <c1e00b2a-3a35-4dbd-bb73-75e9e0ec0415@n33g2000pri.googlegroups...

Find it all
Find it all http://asb-comm-logicx.net/ ...

Narrowed down bottlneck to disk, how can I find out which FS is being hammered? 100% utilization
In my process of drilling down to get to the bottom of our performance issues, I am seeing huge I/O wait on a particular disk. What tools are available to dig deeper, find out which file system is hammering the disk and/or which processes are hogging the CPUS? We are talking 100% utilization here: mpstat output: CPU minf mjf xcal intr ithr csw icsw migr smtx srw syscl usr sys wt idl 0 199 0 259 12 2 176 9 22 30 0 1882 11 6 83 0 1 205 0 259 204 194 176 8 23 34 0 1801 11 5 84 0 2 203 0 289 34 23 176 7 23 31 ...

Using ROWSPAN and fixed height TD

Complicated Find Expression
Hi, I am having problems with my find expression. Basically I want to find to find all files that are _not_ in a test directory and then execute a grep statement on them. The result of that grep statement is further refined by another grep. Finally I would like to echo the result. My grep expression on works fine by itself. The problem is with the find integration. Here is my expression, followed by the output. Thanks for any suggestions/pointers, Mike find ./ -path '*test*' -prune -o -print -exec "grep -PRi 'out.print.*?[^/][^/].*?the' {} | grep -Pi 'out...

Major New Update of Popular Program for Resizing Images
Version 3 of JpegSizer -- a major update -- is now available from http://www.tangotools.com/jpegsizer/ When you need to resize images for emails or the web, JpegSizer offers a unique combination of features: 1. Fully automatic operation 2. Figures out what JPEG compression will achieve the file size you want 3. Resizes pixel dimensions with constraints on both width and height, so that vertical and horizontal images display with the same area 4. Option to sharpen images after resizing 5. Stores your settings for different projects (email attachments, thumbnails, web images...

which of the image format is better for analysis?
Hi, I'll like to know which of the image format is better for analysis. Is it Tiff, JPEG or RAW? I'll appreciate your advice. On Aug 12, 10:02=A0pm, "Kay " <colenaj...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I'll like to know which of the image format is better for analysis. Is it= Tiff, JPEG or RAW? > > I'll appreciate your advice. ----------------------------------------------------------- Kay: I think tiff is best. Jpeg can have compression artifacts which can change thecolors or shapes of objects. Raw is too difficult to deal with. You need special sof...

[ace-users] Can't find ACEd.dll
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C7A8F9.1452B078 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi=20 =20 ACE VERSION: 5.5.8 =20 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Win XP=20 If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you use?: don't know =20 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): =20 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform- specific f...

ow-find without sun 'find' key
I've just moved over to a windows platform from solaris and have installed the windows version of xemacs 21.4. I'm having severe withdrawal symptoms from the loss of the sun 'find' key. So to correct this I would like to bind the M-s key combo to the ow-find function and M-S-s to the ow-find-backward function. I have 2 problems trying to achieve this. 1. I have sucessfully bound the M-s keys to the 'ow-find function using the following code in the init.el file. (define-key global-map [(meta ?s)] 'ow-find) However when I execute the function it returns the follo...

I need to find the rows that exist in one table but not in the other with condition
I need to find the rows that exist in one table but not in the other with this condition: (prod_name exist in table1 and not in table2.prod_name ) AND (prod_name exist in table1 and not in table2.'S'+prod_name ) explanation: i want to know if the product not exit and if the combination of the charachter "S" with the product Name also not exist at the other table B.R yuvi SELECT prod_name FROM table1 as A WHERE NOT EXISTS (select * from table2 as B where A.prod_name = B.prod_name) AND NOT EXISTS (select * from table2 as C where A....

find breakpoint programmatically
Hi All, &nbsp; I accidentally posted this question in the special interest forum by mistake so sorry for the duplicate post but i thought it might never get read over there. <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&amp;message.id=4162" target="_blank">http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&amp;message.id=4162</a> &nbsp; Hi all, &nbsp; I was wondering if there is a way to search the vi hierachy for breakpoints programmatically?&nbsp; Why you may ask? &nbsp; I have a piece of code that take...

Find File Attributes
Hello, As a part of my application,I need to compare files generated everyday.I need not need to compare the file contents.I just need to compare the file size,the line count.The files are named in the format,Hyyyymmdd,H denoting History. At present,I use the Dir function to search for the physical existence of the file and I use the debug.print for functions such as filelen(path),GetAttr() etc. My question is how would I put this as a module so that I can use a date function to compare files generated today with that of yesterday (mondays files to be compared against fridays). Also is it pos...

Re: Find unique records and recode
data one; input old $; cards; 5269-7c 5269-8c 5269-8c 5269-3z 5222-7z 5222-7z 5222-7z ; data two; set one; by old notsorted; new + first.old; run; On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 07:24:43 -0700, tortoise <cychen9@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Hi, >I have one character variable (old). >There are many combinations of "old" variable. >How could I find unique and recode those data to "new"????? > > old new >5269-7c 1 >5269-8c 2 >5269-8c 2 >5269-3z 3 >5222-7z 4 >5222-7z 4 >5222-7z ...

append front panel image to report
I am using Labview V6.1 on a Win2000 PC 2.4 Ghz, 512MB RAM. I am trying to use the append front panel image to report VI to append a VI panel image to a report. I am using notifiers to synch the execution of the VI with the desired front panel an the report generation process. I keep getting an error fron the Append VI that is a 1004 which is VI not in memory. How do I keep a vi in memory? I thought it would stay in memory as it is waiting for a notification from my report section for completion before closing. The notification stuff seems to work properly. Any ideas? Perhaps the VI is ...

How to find out memory leak?
Hi, all! I'm having memory leak problem with my program, but can't find where's the leak. I have a program written in pure-Ruby. It implemented a Chinese word segment algorithm. I call `segment(text)' to get the result. But each time I call `segment', the memory usage of my program (Ruby) increased several handred K- bytes -- the number of bytes of increment is roughly equal during each call. I can see from outside (using `ps' or `top') that the memory is leaking. But I can't find where the leaking goes. I tried to use ObjectSpace.each_object to find out what ...

pro/piping tutorials
Hello, does anyone know where I could find tutorials about pro/E module: pro/ piping? I would really appreciate any info on this. Thanks a lot! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C79EE3.B10443C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <dugave_11@yahoo.com> wrote in message = news:1180099763.016860.34260@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... Hello, does anyone know where I could find tutorials about pro/E module: pro/ piping? I would really appreciate any info on ...

Help finding AIO w/Fax
I looking for an All In One with FAX (flatbed scanner) for less than $200. I have only been able to fine these two: Canon MP390 and HP Officejet 5510. I do not see any that are Epson, Dell, Ricoh or Samsung. I have ruled out Visioneer and Lexmark because of bad reviews. Does anyone know of any other they recommend. Thanks in advance for your help, Bill ...

help
I received an Excel data file that contains a "+/-" symbol (html code \&plu= smn; &plusmn;), that can be copied and displayed in Word, Notepad, "Kompoze= r" html editor, unix vi, pico editors, and load to/retrieve from MySQL oper= ated on linux. But when I need to manipulate the data in perl, I am lost a= s how to recognize the symbol with RE. Could anyone help? Thanks in advance! joe On 2012-12-15 07:19, Joe wrote: > I received an Excel data file that contains a "+/-" symbol (html code \&plusmn; &plusmn;), that can be copied and...