Font size and plot size.

Using version 7.1, I have a plot that I make and it looks fine.  I put a
title on the plot it looks fine.  The boss wants the font of the title and
x and y labels bigger, so I

	set(0,'DefaultTextFontSize',24);
	set(0,'DefaultAxisFontSize',24);

as the first 2 lines of my m file.

Now the plot looks like hell because the title is clipped.

Why isn't matlab 'smart enough' to figure out that it needs to make the
plot smaller?

What do I need to do to not have the title clipped?  (new boss and/or
smaller font size are not viable options :-)

Bruce

--
+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
Bruce Bowler        | When a subject becomes totally obsolete we make it

0
bbowler (241)

Bruce Bowler wrote:
> Using version 7.1, I have a plot that I make and it looks fine.  I put a
> title on the plot it looks fine.  The boss wants the font of the title and
> x and y labels bigger, so I
>
> 	set(0,'DefaultTextFontSize',24);
> 	set(0,'DefaultAxisFontSize',24);
>
> as the first 2 lines of my m file.
>
> Now the plot looks like hell because the title is clipped.
>
> Why isn't matlab 'smart enough' to figure out that it needs to make the
> plot smaller?
>
> What do I need to do to not have the title clipped?  (new boss and/or
> smaller font size are not viable options :-)
>
> Bruce

had the same problem once. one option is resizing the axes and figure
object so you get more space. not easy though, and you'll loose the
"autofit" feature (when you resize the figure, the axes won't follow).

michael
0
mwild (177)