Formatting text in edit text box

I would like to be able to format certain words of a paragraph i.e.
change color and make bold etc. The edit text box appears to only
allow plain text. Is it possible to do this, perhaps with another
type of object using ActiveX. Is it possible to embed HTML within
GUIDE?

Any guidance would be appreciated

Many thanks
Nathan Jefferson
0
njeffers (7)

Nathan Jefferson wrote:

> I would like to be able to format certain words of a paragraph i.e.
> change color and make bold etc. The edit text box appears to only
> allow plain text. Is it possible to do this, perhaps with another
> type of object using ActiveX. Is it possible to embed HTML within
> GUIDE?
>
> Any guidance would be appreciated
>
> Many thanks
> Nathan Jefferson

You could try using a text object (not a uicontrol text).

hAx=axes;
hTexObj=text('parent', hAx)

text objects have a number of formatting options (fontWeight,
fontAngle, color etc.) and in addition you can use TeX (and LaTeX in
ML7) formatting.

Igor