gamma pdf

In the gampdf function, the parameter A and B stad for mean and standard deviation, right?? is there any way to use as input the alpha and beta values of my gamma distribution?? or do I need to compute the mean and stdev previously in my code???

Thaks
comp.soft-sys.matlab 206945 articles. 560 followers. lunamoonmoon (258) is leader. Post Follow

A and B are not mean and stdv,but the scale and shape parameters of the gamma distribution.If you know the parameters of your gamma distribution (normally alfa is the shape parameter A and beta is 1/B,B the scale parameter...but you may have a different nomenclature),you can use them directly with the gampdf to compute the probability density function.

"Rogelio " <rogelio.a.mancisidor@student.bi.no> wrote in message <gat2pt$no9$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> In the gampdf function, the parameter A and B stad for mean and standard deviation, right?? is there any way to use as input the alpha and beta values of my gamma distribution?? or do I need to compute the mean and stdev previously in my code???
>
> Thaks
Thanks mate! I was suspecting that the way I was settig my parameters were wrong. First I tried directly alpha and beta, then mean and std but still didnt get what I was hoping for.

Lorenzo Guerrasio wrote:
> Hi,
> A and B are not mean and stdv,but the scale and shape parameters of the gamma distribution.If you know the parameters of your gamma distribution (normally alfa is the shape parameter A and beta is 1/B,B the scale parameter...but you may have a different nomenclature),you can use them directly with the gampdf to compute the probability density function.

And you can use them in the GAMSTAT function to compute the mean and the variance.

PDF
I use DeskPDF ... it works well and is not expensive (if all you want to do is print PDF documents from FM). http://www.docudesk.com/ -- Al Lawrance British Columbia CANADA -------------------------------------- ajlawrance@shaw.ca http://www.members.shaw.ca/ajlawrance/ ...

Link to PDF
Can I create a hyperlink on an html page to a specific spot in a PDF doc? Say you have a large report and you want the report to open to page 40 when the user clicks the link on your web page. How do I do it? ...

Gamma setting in BF1942?
I have been looking in the config files, buyt they are too cryptic to = me. Any help is appreciated! (BTW Using external measures (monitor, card settings) is possible, but = an annoyance. Also, i can get quite acceptable outdoor gamma, but = indoors is terrible dark) --=20 F r e e "F r e e" <free@spam.nothanx> wrote: I have been looking in the config files, buyt they are too cryptic to me. Any help is appreciated! (BTW Using external measures (monitor, card settings) is possible, but an annoyance. Also, i can get quite acceptable outdoor gamma, but indoors is terrible dark...

Adding headers to PDF files on the fly
I need to add some dynamic headers to PDF files as they are displayed to the user. The headers include some simple meta-data from an SQL-compliant database. This is in a Linux and Solaris environment--the users will be viewing PDF in their browser via Adobe's free viewer software. My goal is to keep it as simple, fast, and FREE as possible. Can you recommend anything for this seemingly simple job? (Read below for what I've already tried) Bonus points if it uses Perl. Command line tools that can be called from Perl via 'system' calls will work too. It must work on the SERVER si...

Adobe Gamma Utility doesn't work
I just installed Photoshop CS2 on a Dell using an ATI Radeon X300 video card. The Adobe Gamma Utility doesn't appear to work. When I move the slider, it has no effect on the two gray squares, one in side the other. I believe that I have managed to adjust my monitor gamma to 2.2 using the Radeon driver software, but I am puzzled as to why the Adobe utility doesn't work. "Leonard Evens" <len@math.northwestern.edu> wrote in message news:34GdnVd7fdh3fBXfRVn-ow@comcast.com... >I just installed Photoshop CS2 on a Dell using an ATI Radeon X300 video >card. ...

gamma and log gamma function
Hi All, =20 I have an expression that I'm trying to calculate where part of it has this form : [gamma(a)/gamma(b)] -[gamma(d) - gamma(g)]. =20 I'm having difficulty because the arguments for the gamma function become too large. It was suggested that I use the log gamma function to resolve this. Basically I would take the exp(log(expression)) and I would be able to avoid the huge number by using the log gamma function. Unfortunately reworking the above expression involves a log of a sum in the numerator so I can't use the log gamma function for that part. =20 Does anyone know ...

Gamma function interactive tool
Hi all, I am trying to build an interactive toolbox for gamma function just like here (http://www.aiaccess.net/English/Glossaries/GlosMod/e_gm_gamma_distri.htm) for matlab. The long-term goal is to create an interactive toolbox for a gamma function for 2D input (x,y). I searched the matlab and the web for information but I still have a question: I know that f = gamma(X); plot(f,x); is going to give me the plot of the gamma function. How could I perform the same to x,y points and visualize the outcome? So basically x,y are points on a plane. After applying gamma function on each ...

PDF Color Problem
hi <<sorry for my english>> when i print documents whit PDF all of my chart's print in black and white:(((( they are very colored in word what i should to do?? help me please Payk ...

view pdf files on Sony clie SJ33
Hi, today I got my Sony SJ33. I'm using Linux and sync with jpilot. What program can I use to view pdf files on the organizer? I found only an Acrobat reader version on adobe.com which can be installed with Windows but not with Linux since it's an exe file. Thanks Chris On Sat, 07 May 2005 16:55:53 +0200, Christian Christmann <plfriko@yahoo.de> wrote: > Hi, > > today I got my Sony SJ33. > > I'm using Linux and sync with jpilot. > What program can I use to view pdf files on the organizer? > > I found only an Acrobat reader version on adobe...

Save For Web embeds 1.8 gamma chunk in png?
It appears to me that Photoshop is embedding a gamma chunk in png images created with "Save For Web". This chunk has a hard coded value of 0.55 which is the reciproce of 1.8. Apparently Photoshop assumes all Mac users have their monitors calibrated with gamma 1.8. Is there no way to make Photoshop use a different value? My (Mac) monitor uses gamma 2.2... Also, when I use "Save As" to create a png image the color profile is embedded even while the "embed profile" is unchecked and grayed out.. This seems odd to me. -- Steven "Steven" <steven@sifre...

How to merge pdf files?
I have a number of pdf files and i want to see them in one file. Can I do that? can u please send me an answer to tranquilled@mail.ru With the full version of Acrobat, you can merge multiple pdf files using Document:Insert. With Reader you are SOL. For freeware, you can do it with ghostscript. "Serge" <tranquilled@mail.ru> wrote in message news:741e5173.0309040546.4711da03@posting.google.com... > I have a number of pdf files and i want to see them in one file. Can I do that? > can u please send me an answer to tranquilled@mail.ru Acrobat 6 actually has a much more...

convert PHP/HTML to PDF
Hi all , I need to convert PHP page or HTML page to PDF . Google , and found some tools as follow , 1) HTML_toPDF -- i have tried to use , however for our client website , the PDF aligment is out and the fields are overlapping each other. 2) R&OS --- ok but did not convert html/php to pdf , thus the format in pdf is different as the html/php format which our clients did not like it. Anyone have any ideas about different pdf tools ? Have some sample code is much appreaciated. Thanks ...

probs with pdf: linux / M$ WinXP
hi all, i have some trouble with pdf-files under linux / M$ WinXP... first some explanations: i have a lot of hi-res bitmaps. when converted into eps using image magick, they look rather ugly, that's why i prefer using jpegs and pdftex. besides that, i'm going to submit my thesis as pdf anyways... i work under linux (of course), but from time to time, i print using acrobat under windoof xp. that brings me to my problem... the symbol \hbar (_only_ used in mathmode) is displayed (and therefore typeset?) properly using the pdf-viewer in kile. under xp, using acrobat, the bar is set _ov...

hyperref bookmarks don't work on pdf viewer/reader
Hi On the .tex file (class report or article) the following is declared \usepackage[bookmarks=true, bookmarksnumbered=true]{hyperref} \hypersetup{ pdftitle={Title} pdfauthor={Me} } Later {dvipdf} or {dvips -Ppdf, ps2pdf} is used to create the pdf file On the viewer/reader (Acrobat) it is not possible to go to the chapter or section while clicking on the bookmarks. Using xdvi for the dvi file bookmarks work without problems, if clicking to the bookmark the chapter is show with a fancy arrow. Is it possible to click the bookmarks to go to a chapter or section on the pdf How can the problem...

view pdf and ps files in java applicetion
hello everybody , i realy need your help in this problem: viewer to pdf and ps files in java applicetion. i download a few programes like "jPDFViewer" but i didn't understand how to use tham in my code ( in a GUI component) if some can help me with this problem i will appreciate it very much , thank you all , roypo ...

Problems creating a PDF file
Hello, I am using PowerBuilder 6.5. We have an application that is creating a file to send it by email to someone else. It works like this: The user enteres a filename, for example mydoc. The application creates a file in c:\temp without an extension, so it creates c:\temp\mydoc. So I switched the printer within the application to the Adobe PDF printer: RegistrySet(ls_printerregkey, "Device", RegString!, ls_targetprinter) adw_source.Modify("DataWindow.Print.FileName='"+ls_filename+"'") RegistrySet("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acr...

how to read/set the display card's gamma table and whitepoint/temperature settings?
Dear all talented gurus, I am not a device guy but I really need to your help on programming the display card. Does any know how to read out the display card's gamma table value? and its temperature(whitepoint)value? Thank you vry muych, -Lucy networm schrieb: > Dear all talented gurus, > > I am not a device guy but I really need to your help on programming the > display card. > > Does any know how to read out the display card's gamma table value? and its > temperature(whitepoint)value? No display cards provide to read or write a gamma table. Only printe...

Filenames displayed above figures in PDF
This is my first time ever using latex to type up a document, so sorry if this is a really simple question... I am using the version of WinEdt packaged with MikTeX to create my document. I want to end up with a PDF file of the document, including figures. I am able to do this using the PDF texify button in WinEdt, and by including the figures as either .jpg or .png files. Everything works fine as I currently have things set up, except that a printout of the file name appears over every figure. So, for example if I include the file "sample.jpg" as my figure, then everything wi...

[ANN] HelpNDoc 2.1
We are glad to announce the release of HelpNDoc 2.1, a freeware (for non-commercial use), easy to use yet powerful and intuitive tool to create HTML help, PDF and WEB based documentation generator. http://www.helpndoc.com HelpNDoc 2.1 features the much requested search functionality in the HTML generated documentation as well as various robustness improvements. As always, HelpNDoc is available for free for personal use without any limitation - http://www.helpndoc.com/download - and is very low priced for commercial use - http://www.helpndoc.com/store - HelpNDoc 2.1 introduces a custom made ...

PDF OCR
Not sure if I saw mention in this group or another? Apparently I've failed to save the link. I'm looking for a FREE software which will OCR PDF files. Thanks in advance "Don" <lostinspace@123-universe.com> wrote in message news:Xns9BD979246AB16lostinspace123univer@207.115.17.102... > Not sure if I saw mention in this group or another? > Apparently I've failed to save the link. > > I'm looking for a FREE software which will OCR PDF files. > > Thanks in advance It is not a very good OCR, but here is the link. (It is free)...

Acrobat plug-in the change PDF version?
I'm finding myself irresistibly drawn towards the new Adobe CS suite and am looking at upgrading at least some of our PCs to the version that comes with Acrobat 6. Only problem is our preflight software has some problems with PDF 1.4 so I doubt it's going to think much of 1.5! I still need to do some tests and see what upgrades there are to the preflight program but I'm sure I have read on this NG in the past about a plug-in that allows you to change the PDF version? Am I dreaming? I know AA6 will let you change the version manually when you have the file open but what I'm look...

Re: Mixture of two gamma distribution
You have two gamma variables A and B (ususally with different parameters= ) with pdf=27s f1 and f2 respectively=2E The pdf of x=2C a mixture of bo= th gamma distributions=2C with mixture probabilities p1 and p2=2C is = f(x)=3Dp1*f1(x)+p2*f2(x)=2E It is like choosing between the two gamma variables with respective prob= =2E p1 and p2=2E For generating random outcomes=2C it is easy=2C generating a random outc= ome with the A gamma distribution with prob p1 and with the B distributi= on with prob p2 (having p1+p2=3D1 of course)=2E Javier ----- Mensaje original ----- De=3A Madan Gopal Kundu =3CM...

Re: For Proc report, how to make split='~' work in PDF?
Lily, Split character only works in header and not in data. '~n' in the data will split the data , first define '~' as escapechar like below ods escapechar = '~'; Data ToPrint; Length TEXT $ 32000; Input Ids= TEXT=; Cards; Ids=1 TEXT=1:RED~nx2:BLUE~nx3:BLACK ; Run; ods pdf file='test.pdf' ; proc report data=toprint nowd; column ids text; define ids/width = 6; define text/flow width = 10; run; ods pdf close; You can also use hex character Check below link for more info http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/templateFAQ/report1.html On Wed, Sep 2,...

Placed PDF or EPS?
I've got an ... oddness. I'm using WinXP, Acrobat 5.0, Indesign 2.0, Photoshop 6.0, Illustrator 10.0. The printer I use for the pub I'm working on prefers I convert PDFs to EPS to place (ads) in the publication. So I do. But just this week, for the first time, I've had a problem with EPS. When I place the PDF, all is fine. When I place the EPS, converted out of Acrobat 5.0, I get warnings about fonts not being found, and all the graphics are listed and marked as missing. The two submitted PDFs I checked were created in Pagemaker 6.5, one on a Mac, one on a Windows machine. ...

linkable pdf
I've tried acrobat distiller, for make a pdf from html, but the html link aren't active anymore once passed in the pdf document. There a way to convert a html to pdf keeping the link active ? thanks vanessa_x78@libero.it wrote: > I've tried acrobat distiller, for make a pdf from html, but the html link aren't > active anymore once passed in the pdf document. > > There a way to convert a html to pdf keeping the link active ? > You can open the webpage in Acrobat, which will convert the html to pdf and preserve the links. The precise steps will vary sli...