generate an output file using c code and read it in matlab

Hello every body
         I want to generate a file using c which when run must show some image moving on screen on a pree specified path and then i want to read the same file in matlab and the screen of matlab must show the same image moving on the screen.
with regards
shahid khan

shahid khan <shahidkhan3@gmail.com> wrote in message <16021750.1230559239618.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org>...
> Hello every body
>          I want to generate a file using c which when run must show some image moving on screen on a pree specified path and then i want to read the same file in matlab and the screen of matlab must show the same image moving on the screen.
> with regards
> shahid khan

So, whats the problem/question?

Simply write the c output file in a format that MATLAB can read.

May I suggest aviread?

0
someone3 (1980)
12/29/2008 3:03:02 PM
Actualy i have written the yuv player for yuv format matlab files i want to write a c code which write the output in yuv format and then i can play it using matlab.
Please can u guide me how to write the file in yuv format
with regards
shahid khan
On Dec 29, 8:50=A0pm, shahid khan <shahidkh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actualy i have written the yuv player for yuv format matlab files i want =
to write a c code which write the output in yuv format and then i can play =
it using matlab.
> Please can u guide me how to write the file in yuv format
> with regards
> shahid khan

Well if you already wrote your own YUV player, you must know the
format.  So then, how difficult can it be to write your own YUV format
file from image arrays?  Go here if you need info on image and video
formats:

http://www.wotsit.org/list.asp?al=3DY
http://www.fourcc.org/indexyuv.htm

There is info there on YUV format.
0
imageanalyst (7621)
12/30/2008 5:08:28 AM
Actually dear i have used a yuv player from mathworks forum.but i do not have detailed information about this format only i studied a couple of conversion formats to move B/W color spaces.
Please give me some literature on yuv format manipulation in c and matlab.
thanks
shahid khan

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

converting c++ code to Matlab code using Matlab 9
im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these codes in my project rather than writing them from scratch. is there some way or a chunk of code that might convert C++ code to matlab code or a ".c" file to ".m" file. please if anyone knows do let me know at the earliest.thanks "fatima " <fatima_naseem2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message <i8ugqn$e9p$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > im working on a project using matlab. i want to use some of the already writen codes in C++. i want to use these c...

Is there any way to use '-t' option in Matlab7, to make Matlab generate C codes from original .m files?
Hi,everyone we have just upgrade our Matlab from version 6.5.1 to 7, and find the mcc in version 7 changed. we originally, use Matlab to test our algorithm and use mcc to translate codes in .m files to .c , to ease our work to porting it to our prototype system. however, the "Deprecated Compiler Options" in Matlab7's help says that the "-t" Option is not supported in this version. I wonder Is there any way to use '-t' option in Matlab7, to make Matlab generate C codes from original .m files? thanks a lot! ...

Converting Matlab code to C using Matlab Compiler
Hello All, Please can I get some guidance on how to Convert a structure from Matlab code to C code using Matlab Compiler. Kind regards Sammy ...

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

C Code generation using Embedded MATLAB
Hi, Is there any workarounds to generate C-code using Embedded MATLAB for variables whose size is know only at run-time and hence memory allocated dynamically. A simple case would be to generate the code to determine the median of a certain number of points, the number of points being known only at run-time. To avoid dynamic memory allocation, suppose I use a worst case size scenario of 4096 data points, the code generated by Embedded MATLAB is specific to this size. I cannot use this generated code to determine the median of, say 4095 points, because the way median is determined is different...

Conversion from MATLAB to C/C++ using MATLAB compiler
I am working on conversion of .m files to c/c++. I am using the MATLAB compiler version 3.0 and MATLAB version 6.5.1. There seem to be a few functions which do not seem to get converted. The error i got while using functions like TRAIN, NETWORK and INIT (all neural-networks related functions used in the general neural network programs, newpnn.m etc) is The MATLAB compiler does not currently support MATLAB object oriented programming and the functions TRAIN , NETWORK and INIT would produce a run-time error. Could anyone please tell me as to how i can circumnavigate this problem or solve this...

MATLAB algorithm to MATLAB function code or C code
hallo firends, Can any body help me write this below code into MATLAB object oriented code or C code form please? M=50; % total number of periods. (choose for 1s duration) f0 = 50; % fundamental AC frequency T0 = 1/f0; %fundamental AC period T = M*T0; %Time for M periods (integer M) N=30; % sample points per period. dt = T0/N; % Sample at N points per period (integer N > 20) t = dt*[1:M*N-1]; % Sampling time array A0=120/2; % amplitude of AC signal. Divide by 2 or maybe sqrt (2) ? AC=A0*sin(f0*t*2*pi); % create AC signal. DC0=50; % DC amplitude DC=DC0*ones(1,length(t)); % create a DC signal that is constant of length t S=AC+DC; % total signal is AC signal + DC signal figure(1); plot(t,S); % plot signal. xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Total Signal'); % filter components fAC=S-mean(S); % here is the AC component fDC=mean(S); % here is the DC component figure(2); plot(t,fAC,'r',t,fDC,'b'); % plot AC and DC signals legend('AC','DC'); xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Signal with only AC component'); figure(3); plot(t,fDC,'b'); % plot DC signal legend('DC'); xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Signal with only DC component'); figure(4); % best to plot in Fourier domain u=abs(fftshift(fft(S))); NumPoints=length(t); freq=(1/dt)*[1:NumPoints]/NumPoints; % create frequency axis freq=fre...

c++ read the mat file generated by matlab R2007b
I used c++ to read the mat file generated by matlab R2007b,but I failed.I need someone tell me the steps.thank you! On 15 Nov, 05:57, "weiquan liao" <liao...@163.com> wrote: > I used c++ to read the mat file generated by matlab R2007b,but I failed.I need someone tell me the steps.thank you! Is this a once-only read operation? If so, use matlab to read the data and store them to some text format files, that you can access from C++. If you want to use C++ to access matlab data files on a regular basis, you have a number of options: 1) Use whatever distributable libraries c...

Using matlab/simulink version 4.1 for generating the c code
I will be grateful for your help. I am trying to control the dc motor speed using fuzzy speed controller, the code is generated using Matlab/simulink ( V. 4.1), based on TMS320C30. The whole system has been built by some one, who has left the university, and I do not know how to contact him. This system has been working for may be more than 10 years, number of people has used it in the past. I have been using Matlab\simulink for quite long time, but I am not very good at using the DSP stuff. The problems I am facing are: 1- If I put a saturation block at the controller outpu...

Can you use zlib from Matlab, only using native Matlab code? #2
Hello, I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, and haven't found anything. Thanks very much On Tue, 05 May 2009 15:24:01 -0400, Thomas Dickinson <geoffrey.seaborn@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to decompress a file using zlib, for use by my Matlab > function. Currently I'm doing it by calling Python midway through my > function, but I would like to make it so that I don't need to have > Python installed on whatever computer I'm trying to run my function on. > > I was wondering if there was a way for me to use zlib just using > native Matlab code. I don't know much about compression/decompression, > so I'm open to any suggestions. I've been searching around for a while, > and haven't found anything. > > Thanks very much You cuold try GUNZIP, which the doc says 'uncompresses GNU zip files', not sure if this is the same as zlib though. On May 5, 12:24=A0pm, "Thomas Dickinson" ...

using matlab(simulink)can we generate anykind of code i.e c,verylog,mcode,etc
hi , my name is dileepkumar,and iam newbie in matalab simulation.. Here i want to know that by using a simulink model, can we able to generate the code in any one of the coding languages like 'c' or 'matlab code' or 'verilog'.. if possible please explain, or other wise just tell me weather it is possible or not... "dileep kumar arava" <balu_dil11@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:hph9ib$e0e$1@fred.mathworks.com... > hi , my name is dileepkumar,and iam newbie in matalab simulation.. > > Here i want to know that by using a simulink m...

mpeg2 read frame using C or C++ or Matlab
Is there any source/library to read single frames from MPEG-2, and save them as images? Converting the whole MPEG-2 video to other more supported formats (such as .avi) occupies too much disk space. Thanks <b83503104@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:1106506437.088185.108040@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Is there any source/library to read single frames from MPEG-2, and save > them as images? Converting the whole MPEG-2 video to other more > supported formats (such as .avi) occupies too much disk space. > Thanks Hi, i know that manage video under lossless format can be difficult. Working in a video team, i have build a lib from VirtualDubMod source code dedicated to Mpeg file of elementary video and program stream decoding, it lead to get video frame in YUV422 raw format..... you can find it on my web site (a french site so look in the news section 2 link added today) http://berniedev.tripod.com/berniedev_site/Index.htm It's a C++ Static lib develop under VStudio 03, Look at ClassMpeg to API...And the 2 file CMPEGVideoFile .cpp and .h to sample.... good luck Have a look at this C suite: http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php there are some example binaries that you can use/modify to do what you want. Piotr b83503104@yahoo.com wrote: > Is there any source/library to read single frames from MPEG-2, and save > them as images? Converting the whole MPEG-2 video to other more > supported formats (such as .avi) occupies ...

using the MATLAB converted C/C++ files/libraries.
Hey guys, I'm very new to MATLAB and have learned a lot in the past couple of weeks. I create a file, .m file, compile it and everything is perfect, I get all kinds of files, including a couple c/c++ files, header files, libriaries, .... What I want to know is how do I use these files for a c/c++ program, how do I implement them into a program? "Joe " <josephemassey@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:fa1h93$b4v$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hey guys, > I'm very new to MATLAB and have learned a lot in the > past couple of weeks. I create a file,...

methods to call matlab in C C++ and call C C++ in matlab
Hi, I am reading the help documents about how to program matlab and C C++ together and my questions are a little bit general. It seems that are several ways to call matlab in C C++ and another several ways to call C C++ in matlab. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something when I try to list them. To call matlab code in C C++, are there two methods available? The first one is Matlab engine and the second one is to use MATLAB Compiler mcc to create C or C++ shared libraries from your MATLAB code. To call C C++ in matlab, are there also two methods? The first one is to call funct...

Conversion from a MATLAB code to a C code used by a DSP processor
Hello, I need to implement image processing in a Digital Signal Processor. I have a code ready in MATLAB, I have tried using MATLAB Coder, but its unable to go past the first line: the imread() function. I have installed the C compiler from MATLAB and that is all. How do I go about the whole of the conversion process? Do I need to install something else? ...

HOW TO USE C CODE IN MATLAB
I am relatively new in image processing and presently embarking on a project topic ' Gaze Tracking' using matlab. I am very conversant with matlab. i know little or nothing about C programming. Most of openCV source codes are written in C.Even the code 'vfm.zip'that is used for caturing image in matlab is a C code. Please could any patient and understanding person tell me the steps i can take to make the C codes work in matlab. Thanks in anticiapation. Mike. MICHAEL OSADEBEY wrote: > > > I am relatively new in image processing and presently embarking on > a >...

Using C-File in Matlab
I'm using a C-File in Matlab. That worked properly on win xp 32 bit with the lcc compiler. Now, I changed to xp 64. I'm using the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 compiler. If I'm calling the C-function, it's not working anymore. Any suggestions? That's the C-code: ************************************************************ /* Header-Dateien einf?gen */ #include <windows.h> #include "mex.h" /* Schnittstelle zwischen MATLAB und C */ void mexFunction(int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { /* Variablen deklarieren */ int state; doub...

using the C++ code from Matlab
Hi Is it possible for me to use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment or i have to write a program for the same problem in C++. With regards karthik ...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; int MAX_NB_CLUST = 20; double *SF, *km, *new_data; int size, dim, K, nbm, aux_size, count_bis, count_aux; double diam_max, diam, vec1_p, vec2_p, dist_min, dis; int combi[1000000][2]; int dist_aux[1000000][2]; /* Check for proper number of arguments. */ if (nrhs != 5) { mexErrMsgTxt("5 input required."); } else if (nlhs > 1) { mexErrMsgTxt("Too many output arguments"); } // Input parameter (MATLAB) new_data = mxGetPr(prhs[0]); size = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[1]); dim = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[2]); K = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[3]); km = mxGetPr(prhs[4]); // Output parameter (MATLAB) plhs[0] = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(1,1,mxREAL); SF = mxGetPr(plhs[0]); // Other variables nbm = size/dim; // Number of points printf("Taille: %d\n",nbm); printf("Dimension: %d\n",dim); //#############################...

matlab 7.1 use matlab C++ math library
I wanna use matlab C++ math library into VC++6.0, but my matlab is 7.1. if i wanna use matlab C++ math library to programme, how can i setup my VC link?? why matlab7.1 doesn't have "extern->include->cpp" file??? In using matlab C++ math library , what difference between matlab 6.X and matlab7.1??? ...

Read RTF file using MATLAB
Can any experts in MATLAB please provide some commands used to extract text from the RTF file? ...

Using MatLab in C/C++
Is it possible to call MatLab or a MatLab function in C or C++? If so, where can I find info on how to do that? Mike On Feb 11, 8:57 am, "Michael Stachowsky" <mstachow...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to call MatLab or a MatLab function in C or > C++? If so, where can I find info on how to do that? > > Mike See the Matlab engine http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f38569.html Chris "Michael Stachowsky" <mstachowsky@gmail.com> wrote in message <fopk7d$bs2$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Is it possibl...

vectorized computation in C++ such as those in Matlab (Matlab to C++)?
Dear all, Can C++/STL/Boost do the vectorized calculation as those in Matlab? For example, in the following code, what I really want to do is to send in a vector of u's. All other parameters such as t, l1, l2, l3, etc. are scalars... But u is a vector. Thus, t6 becomes a vector. t9 is an element-wise multiplication... The following code was actually converted from Matlab. If vectorized computation is not facilitated, then I have to call this function millions of times. But if vectorized computation is okay, then I can send in just a u vector with batch elements a time. I have many such code in Matlab need to be converted into C++ with vectorization. Any thoughts? Thank you! double t5, t6, t7, t9, t11, t13, t16, t20, t23, t27, t32, t34, t36, t37, t38, t42, t44, t47, t48, t51, t52, t54, t59, t60, t61, t66, t67, t69, t74, t75, t76, t81, t82, t84, t87, t105, t106, t110, t112; t5 = exp(-t * l1 - t * l2 - t * l3); t6 = t * u; t7 = mu1 * mu1; t9 = u * u; t11 = kappa * kappa; t13 = 0.1e1 / (t9 * t7 + t11); > Dear all, > > Can C++/STL/Boost do the vectorized calculation as those in Matlab? > > For example, in the following code, what I really want to do is to > send in a vector of u's. > > All other parameters such as t, l1, l2, l3, etc. are scalars... > > But u is a vector. > > Thus, t6 becomes a vector. > > t9 is an element-wise multiplication... > > The following code was actually converted f...

Web resources about - generate an output file using c code and read it in matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Facebook Testing ‘Select Ad Variations To Generate’ Option In Power Editor?
Facebook appears to be testing a new feature in Power Editor that allows users to more easily test different versions of their ads. continued… ...

Study: Facebook Page Post Ads generate 14% higher ROI for retail sector than Marketplace ads
Page Post Ads in the Facebook News Feed generate 14 percent higher return on investment for companies in the retail sector compared to Marketplace ...

In the Germany iPhone app market, how many downloads/day does one need to generate to become a Top 10 ...
Answer (1 of 3): It highly depends on the country of course. For Germany it takes on a typical day 4k downloads to hit the Top Overall 50 free ...

App Store - iRobohash - Generate unique Robot for you
Get iRobohash - Generate unique Robot for you on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Google Webmaster Tools - Generate robots.txt - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Generate Electricity with Peltier Module - The Seebeck Effect - YouTube
How to generate electricity with a Peltier module and the Seebeck effect along with info about the difference between a thermoelectric cooler ...

Andy Murray's moan over grunting just generates a groan
While Rafael Nadal was repositioning himself among the game's big four last week, Andy Murray was groaning about his opponents grunting to a ...

Inferno expected to generate abnormal, high-altitude cloud
A bizarre weather phenomenon known as a fire cloud is likely to form over the fire raging between Lithgow and Bilpin if weather conditions deteriorate ...

Westfield deal generates $69.5m in banker fees
J.P. Morgan, Rothschild, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, UBS and Morgan Stanley are among a host of investment banks to receive millions in fees.

New taste sensation Akiba generates excitement on opening night
Owners of Canberra's next big eatery, Akiba, are keen to differentiate themselves from the competition.