GUI, how can I fill an text field.

Hi,
I designed a GUI with guide and now I want to fill up the fields
during the calculation.
I do not understand it with the handles and how I can attach a
variable with such a field.
An easy to understand example would be very helpful.

Thx a lot

Hideki
0
anis76 (46)

You have to use get and set-commands:

get(handles.my_textfield,'String')
will return the text in the field "my_textfield".

If you want to write into the field:

set(handles.my_textfield,'String','blabla');

or

textstring = 'blabla';
set(handles.my_textfield,'String',textstring);

Good luck (it's a bit hard at the beginning, but when you get used to
it, it becomes pretty simple!),

Bernd

Hideki wrote:

> Hi,
> I designed a GUI with guide and now I want to fill up the fields
> during the calculation.
> I do not understand it with the handles and how I can attach a
> variable with such a field.
> An easy to understand example would be very helpful.
>
> Thx a lot
>
> Hideki
0
broller1 (53)