help,, change "a" to "A"?

is there any keyword to change a string,, example, from "a" to "A", or vice versa?

thanx,,

On 17 Okt, 09:56, "Alex " <alex.riva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is there any keyword to change a string,, example, from "a" to "A", or vice versa?
>
> thanx,,

doc upper
doc lower

Rune
0
allnor (8509)
10/17/2009 8:18:28 AM
Daer Alex

> is there any keyword to change a string,, example, from "a" to "A", or vice versa?

Do you mean STRREP?

Jan
Rune Allnor wrote:
> On 17 Okt, 09:56, "Alex " <alex.riva...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> is there any keyword to change a string,, example, from "a" to "A", or vice versa?
>>
>> thanx,,
>
> doc upper
> doc lower
>
> Rune

and, for future reference, try

help strfun

and see what happens

none1568 (7453)
10/17/2009 2:00:37 PM
Dear dpb, dear Alex!

> help strfun

Further hint:
  lookfor replace
  lookfor upper
This command searchs the help sections (H1-lines) for matching strings. If the files have meaningful H1 lines (the 1st comment line after the FUNCTION keyword), you can often find a function which satisfies your needs.

Jan
Jan Simon wrote:
> Dear dpb, dear Alex!
>
>> help strfun
>
> Further hint:
>   lookfor replace
>   lookfor upper

yes, that's another way if do have a "look-for" phrase/name to use which
in this case isn't hard.

I suggested the help strfun to let alex see how to find the generic list
of string functions...

none1568 (7453)

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

Is there any """Anti Stringizing operator #"""
Hi everybody:D I've a string that contains the name of a class. Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- versa. As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a string. ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? How can I do it? I don't want to use """HardCoding""". Thanks. babakandme@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi everybody:D > > > I've a string that contains the name of a class. > > Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but > the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- > versa. > As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng > name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA > > But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a > string. > ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? > > How can I do it? > I don't want to use """HardCoding""". > Why all the triple quotes? It sounds like you are looking for the factory pattern. You can't instantiate a class by name dynamically in C++ lik...

"ClientConn", "ClientRate" and "Connect"
Hello. Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? For example: -----part of /etc/mail/access----- ClientConn:192.168.1 1 ClientRate:192.168.1 1 Connect:192.168.1 RELAY ----------------------------------- -- Regards, Sergey Sergey wrote: > Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? > For example: > ClientConn:192.168.1 1 > ClientRate:192.168.1 1 > Connect:192.168.1 RELAY See cf/README. Connect:cyberspammer.com REJECT Connect:TLD REJECT Connect:192.168.212 REJECT would refuse mail from spammer@aol.com, any user from cyberspammer.com (or any host within the cyberspammer.com domain), any host in the entire top level domain TLD, 192.168.212.* network, >.. Hmm, for ClientConn and ClientRate it doesn't seem to be documented. The sendmail X documentation has this explanation: .... icr:10 5 Note, however, that the limits apply only to single IP addresses, they are not aggregated for nets. That is, for the example every single host in the IP net 10.x.y.z can have a maximum incoming connection rate of 5 messages per minute. -- Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster is too lazy to trim his arti...

interface "Matlab" with "Ansys" ??
Did any body know how to interface "Matlab" with "Ansys" ?? I am having matlab optimization code. but,how to interface it with ANSYS I don't no. pl,guide me to solve my problem . with regards Sampath Kumar L Mob :- 9591488258 "Sampath Kumar" <samathkmr.ln@gmail.com> wrote in message <ilkgbg$i5v$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Did any body know how to interface "Matlab" with "Ansys" ?? I am having matlab optimization code. but,how to interface it with ANSYS I don't no. pl,guide me to solve my problem . > > with regards > Sampath Kumar L > Mob :- 9591488258 Hi Sampath, Did you figure this out? I have the same problem. Please share if you can. P. I don't know if it helps but there are some entries on the File Exchange that appear to combine MATLAB and ANSYS: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/?term=ansys Failing that, you guys might want to describe more what kind of interface problem this is. What output does ANSYS produce (A data file? An ASCII file?) and what precisely are you trying to read into MATLAB? Dear sir, I am working the optimization of composite plate and other composite Structures. I have to run the ANSYS with MatLab Optimization code. I have Optimization code. My intension is to run the ANSYS by taking the MatLab output results without Graphical User Interface. The code is generated in such a way that it takes the changes of the thickness and othe...

Is there a "break" "continue" equivalent in the "for" or "while" statement in SKILL?
Thank you! madhero wrote, on 07/03/08 09:42: > Thank you! Not directly, but see: http://tinyurl.com/69wte8 http://tinyurl.com/6ycdbn for two related threads in this group. Regards, Andrew. ...

Definition of "shall", "should", "must", etc.
Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms like "shall" and "should" and "must"? I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. Your thoughts... "C. J. Clegg" <reply.to.newsgroup@nospam.no> wrote in message news:jbsbh19g228ne84213f8kh0uvccj5ie6sg@4ax.com... > > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > When in doubt, place an explicit statement that serves to indicate the interpretation that will be used (make certain it is not inconsistent with the customers rules and regulations) > Your thoughts... C. J. Clegg wrote: > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > > Your thoughts... oh ...the beauty of google and having worked in telecomms where this knowledge is an (unfortunate) must (no pun intended) http://standards.ieee.org/guides/style/section...

what is the difference between "tsu", "su" and "sudo"?
Hi all I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting root access. The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and "sudo"? I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there seems to be very little documentation. What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) Thanks in advance, JJ <santa@temporaryinbox.com> writes: >Hi all >I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting >root access. >The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and >"sudo"? Never heard of tsu. Not on my system. >I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there >seems to be very little documentation. So for something like securly logging in why in the world would you use something for which you can find no docs? You look up the barrel of guns to see if they are loaded while you pull the trigger as well? >What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? For something like su, I would say there is no benefit. >And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a >website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) ???? W...

"refreshdata" against "set"
Which one is better, "refreshdata" or "set"? Simply by looking at the code I've noticed that refreshdata does: 1) Finds all the properties of the object which end with 'DataSource' 2)Evaluates all of the relevant variables in the upper workspace 3) Does set(h,....) It looks like there is no advantage in using refreshdata, as it ultimately calls set, but does bunch of other operations. In my GUI, I've implemented polygon movement with both, and using directly "Set" is much smoother. Please correct me if I'm wrong. ...

"Ritual" is "MumboJumbo"
Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still. MumboJumbo are better known for casual games like Luxor. Let's hope they decide to branch out a bit and venture into the Action/FPS games market. Somehow I can't quite see myself getting over excited at the prospect of "Super Collapse: Episode 3- Revenge of the Orange and Blue Marbles". http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=74809 -- Rob Rob wrote: > Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever > get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this > bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still. > > MumboJumbo are better known for casual games like Luxor. Let's hope > they decide to branch out a bit and venture into the Action/FPS games > market. > > Somehow I can't quite see myself getting over excited at the prospect > of "Super Collapse: Episode 3- Revenge of the Orange and Blue > Marbles". > > http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=74809 Oh you bastard, and RIGHT on the exact same minute as me! :) "Rob" <noemailformethx@jsjsaiiowppw.invalid> wrote in message news:5rjfr2d2dhnmjmo4k74p1kl3qrhmnnpv46@4ax.com... > > W...

When to use "." and when to use "!"
I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains it properly. I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 about VB and so on. It's telling me about how to refer to a specific database and has the example:- Dim dbMyDb As DAO.Database Set dbMyDb = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) but, but, but, but - what do those dots (periods, full stops, call them what you will) mean? (OK, it appears to be the same usage as C/C++/Java when referring to class/structure members, but I wish it would tell me that somewhere) Why are there dots used in referring to object members in this case but when referring to controls on forms (for example) one uses "!". Surely there must be somewhere that helps one understand this basic syntax. -- Chris Green Generally, a dot exposes properties and methods and a bang (!) exposes members of a collection. So forms!frmMyForm.Visible refers to the visible property of frmMyForm, which is a member of the forms collection. What makes this harder (or easier, depending on your perspective) to grasp, is that Access has gotten more and more forgiving about using the "wrong" notation. usenet@isbd.co.uk wrote in news:44316bba.0@entanet: > I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains > it properly. > > I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 > about VB and so on....

Invalid use of "." "!"
In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? Thanks Never mind..... didnt have enough quotation marks. "Learning" <texson552000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:DQELg.10308$o42.364@tornado.texas.rr.com... > In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... > this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers > to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed > first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am > getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. > > How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? > > Thanks > > ...

gem "before" and "after" filters?

Matching "Goto" for "From"
Hello, i am a newer ,this is a problem when i learn a example, when i simulated it ,there always are warnings such as: Warning: Matching "Goto" for "From" 'untitled/DC Machine/iA/source' not found. Warning: Matching "Goto" for "From" 'untitled/DC Machine/iF/source' not found. Warning: Matching "From" for "Goto" 'untitled/DC Machine/FCEM/Goto' not found. Warning: Matching "From" for "Goto" 'untitled/DC Voltage Source/Goto' not found. Warning: Using a default value of 0.02 for maximum step size. The simulation step size will be limited to be less than this value. now, i can not sovle the problem, so i need you help , thank you ! ...

Is there any way to change "formats" into "values"
Hi All, I have one question. Say there is a simple data, No X 1 Yes 2 No this Yes and No for variable X are formats (1-Yes; 0-No). Is there any function to create another variable X1 with Yes/No as character values? No X X1 1 Yes Yes 2 No No My real data are much more complicated so writing "if..then.." is last thing I will do. Any SAS functions? thanks, Vincent ...

"C" programm in "Matlab" Programm
Hi, i habe a matlab code which is looking like that " in C: unsigned char i, Checksum; unsigned char Command[9]; //Set the “Command” array to the desired command Checksum = Command[0]; for(i=1; i<8; i++) Checksum+=Command[i]; Command[8]=Checksum; //insert checksum as last byte of the command //Now, send it to the module how can i convert it to matlab? thanks for you answer melano "Miland " <miland17@yahoo.de> wrote in message <j0mb4f$48u$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > i habe a matlab code which is looking like that " > > in C: > > unsigned char i, Checksum; > unsigned char Command[9]; //Set the “Command” array to the desired command Checksum = Command[0]; > for(i=1; i<8; i++) Checksum+=Command[i]; > Command[8]=Checksum; > //insert checksum as last byte of the command > //Now, send it to the module > > how can i convert it to matlab? > > thanks for you answer > > melano Make Command a type larger than 1 byte (e.g., uint32), add up the elements, then mod the result with 256. James Tursa ...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Has "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", and "Critical" Flaw

How to work around FORM method="post" changing "." to "_" please?

Dijkstra's "Enumeration" = "Metrics" his "Abstraction" = "Quality"
"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool under the severe boundary condition that we only use it very moderately. We should appreciate abstraction as our main mental technique to reduce the demands made upon enumerative reasoning." ~ EW Dijkstra This is critically decisive because Dijkstra is saying that in most *software engineering" contexts, most of the time, abstraction is key relative to "metrics", the numerical, the quantitative. It is a TOWWWEEERRRING, grand slam "home run". It is of Doug William's 3-4 perfectly pitched Super Bowl touchdowns. It is growth in insight after Dijkstra one of THE very best ran into major impasses attempting to drive development with metrics. His insight is that ABSTRACTION should "lead" the way. While there is the dialectic: metrics<=>abstraction The predominant factor to engage and lead software engineering by is "abstraction". So notation wise better: metrics<=>abstraction* And to denote analyzing or summarizing the dialectic applied in whatever context, from point 'a' to 'b': a,b{ metrics<=>abstraction* Discrete points: a,b; l,q{ metrics<=>abstraction* Have at your own meaningful fun! Elliott -- Global Plans + IID = part of an optimal approach On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:36:17 -0500, "Universe" <universe@tAkEcovadOuT.net> wrote: >"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool und...

=Iff(([Me]![Gender])="M","Male","Female")
Thanks in Advance! ... I have two textboxes: 1 is visible (and gets its value based on the invisible textbox and displays either "Male" or "Female", and needs to display either male of female based on the value that comes up in the tables record as "M" or "F". I tried: =Iff(([Me]![Gender])="M","Male","Female") 'the [Me] is form, [Gender] is the textbox name and this does not work. Is my syntax wrong or can I just have one box and its displayed value display "Female" if the record says "F"? Thanks! Brian When you say it doesn't work, do you mean the visible text box is empty? Or, does it display an error? Out of curiousity, why are you using two text boxes? I think it might be simpler to use a single combo box. Make its properties like so: Control Source: Gender Row Source Type: Value List Row Source: "M";"Male";"F";"Female" Column Count: 2 Column Heads: No Column Widths: 0" Bound Column: 1 This will give you a drop down list with two rows. Since the Column Count is 2, the "M" and "Male" values are the two columns for the first row and the "F" and "Female" are the two columns for the second row. Setting the Column Width to 0" means the first column will not be displayed but since it's the Bound Column, the "M" and "F" will be used as the value of...

Not finding "available ports" with "instrfind" or "instrfindall"
I have a USB device (fingertip pulse-oximeter) that pretends to be a serial (COMx) port. It works fine and produces really neat data, but only after I manually find the port it's assigned to. I can't get "instrfind" or "instrfindall" (neither with arguments since I want it/them to find everything) to discover what COM ports are avaliable prior to opening and assigning one to my pulse-ox. When I attempt to open COM1 and assign it, I get: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ??? Error using ==> serial.fopen at 72 Port: COM1 is not available. Available ports: COM3, COM4. Use INSTRFIND to determine if other instrument objects are connected to the requested device. Error in ==> PulseOx_01 at 111 fopen(s1); ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Obviously MATLAB understands how to do this, and even returns the available ports in the error message. (For whatever reason, Windows 7 has assigned the pulse-ox to COM4. I discovered this when I opened Device Manager.) For the time being, I "hard-coded" the pulse-ox to COM4. The problem is that if I want to share my routine or use it on another machine, I'll have to go back into Device Manager on that machine and figure out what serial port it's assigned to. If I could at least find the available COM ports, I could query them to find out which one was connected to the pulse-ox. ...

what does "!" do here?
#define HALT __asm CLRA; __asm SWI ! {A}, {A+HX+SR}; this is from Metrowerks hidef.h to define macros for HC08 microcontroller. what does "!" do here? ...

Replacing "RADIO" with "RADIO" NAME="1" VALUE="1", etc..
I am running code below so that "RADIO" gets replaced by "RADIO" NAME="1" VALUE="1" etc. Actually there are 5 RADIO buttons for each question, and the initial web page I generate somehow dord not have NAME="1" VALUE="1", etc. after "RADIO". So I am using Perl to replace simple "RADIO" with "RADIO" NAME="1" VALUE="1", "2", "3", "4", and "5" and for the choices for the problem number 2, "RADIO" NAME="2" VALUE="1", "2", "3", and so on. The problem with code below is that it works only if RADIO button shows up only once in a line. If there are more than one RADIO in a line, I am getting "RADIO" NAME="1" VALUE="1" on and on (the same value) for the rest of the line where RADIO is found. How is it possible for VALUE change from 1 through 5 even though RADIO shows up in the same line?? Any help will be deeply appreciated. $TheFile = "C:\\radio1.htm"; $count = 0; open(INFILE, $TheFile); open(OUT, ">>C:\\radio1out.html"); print 'Search for what?'; chomp($pat = <STDIN>); while (<INFILE>) { $ThisLine = $_; while (/$pat/g) { $count++; if ($count < 6) { s/"RADIO"/"Radio" Name="1" Value="$count"/g; ...

Re: Is there any way to change "formats" into "values"
Use the function PUT. For example charvar = put(numvar,date9.) will write a character value of the date(in date9 format) represented by the number numvar. In this case, you can use your own user defined format as put(numvar,myfmt.). On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:32 AM, duo wan <duo_wan@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I have one question. Say there is a simple data, > > No X > > 1 Yes > > 2 No > > this Yes and No for variable X are formats (1-Yes; 0-No). Is there any function to create another variable X1 with Yes/No as character values? > > No X X1 > > 1 Yes Yes > > 2 No No > > > My real data are much more complicated so writing "if..then.." is last thing I will do. Any SAS functions? > > thanks, > > Vincent > ...

Not finding "available ports" with "instrfind" or "instrfindall" #2
[...]

Web resources about - help,, change "a" to "A"? - comp.soft-sys.matlab