Help: Directx9b caused Matlab font problems

Hi,

I have Matlab R13 and have just upgraded my system to DirectX 9b.

When I restarted Matlab the fonts were quite faint - like using a ball tip
when the ink is running out.
I have changed the font and increased the size to make the text readable.
However it is still quite fuzzy.
I have no problems with any other apps.

Is this a known problem?

Is there a fix around?

Thanks

0
notathome (3)
12/12/2003 5:07:37 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 21 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

Under Win2000sp4 with the same configuration, I don't have any font problem.
I installed DirectX first, then Java VM from SUN, then Matlab.
Try to uninstall-reinstall Matlab.

GV

"Alfy" <notathome@goaway.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> I have Matlab R13 and have just upgraded my system to DirectX 9b.
>
> When I restarted Matlab the fonts were quite faint - like using a ball tip
> when the ink is running out.
> I have changed the font and increased the size to make the text readable.
> However it is still quite fuzzy.
> I have no problems with any other apps.
>
> Is this a known problem?
>
> Is there a fix around?
>
> Thanks

0
valusd (2)
12/13/2003 10:03:14 AM
when i install Matlab 6.5 R13 everythings ko till i restart
I got AMD 2500+ WinXP SP1 with all the updates (including DX9.0B).

0
mamento (5)
1/5/2004 6:29:14 PM
Subject:      Solution
Author:       Jae Yang <gte310z@mail.gatech.edu>
Date:         8 Jan 04 11:25:16 -0500 (EST)

Hello, the matlab's unreadable font is not the videocard driver
problem, or DirectX version problem. It's a java virtual machine
runtime issue. Some MATLAB 6.5 comes bundled with jre (java runtime
enviroment) version that is not the most current. This seems to be the
root of the problem.

go to

MATLAB13\sys\java\jre\win32\jre

directory, if you are using windows and then find out the java runtime
version by reading the readme.txt

If it's not the most current jre that corresponds to your operating
system's jre version (which can be checked by going to C:\Program
Files\Java usually) copy the entire jre directory from the program
file directory (the subdirectory of the java, which should be named
like C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03 if the jre is version 1.4.2)
and paste it into the MATLAB13\sys\java\jre\win32\ directory. Rename
the existing jre directory into something like jre_old and then rename
the copied jre directory as 'jre' but if you run into problem of not
being able to rename the existing matlab's jre directory, it's because
matlab runs on the background, so ctrl-alt-del and terminate
matlab.exe process before changing the existing jre directory name.

This solves the garbled unreadable text problem.
I hope you find this info useful.

Jae Yang

0
zioni77 (2)