Help with a MatLab problem!

The “divide and average” method, an old-time method for
approximating the square root of any positive number "a" can be
formulated as:

x= (x+a/x)/2

(a) Write a well-structured pseudocode to implement this
algorithm. Use proper indentation so that the structure is
clear.
(b) Develop, debug, and document a Matlab function to
implement this equation.

Its basically a problem that by using this formula or function it would give me the square root of a number inserted.

I see you cut the (!) down from 22 to 1.  That is a good start.
Now, where are you stuck?

_UQ_\_\Qodov[vXe_]Q`_QooWoY}d=Q5iIoU`_^Xf*0doRRoeUQ^]UQXSSY
0
spamanon (2437)
2/6/2009 9:31:01 PM
Have you made any attempt at this?
"Tomas " <ortiztomas00@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gmi9ph$mrv$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> The &#8220;divide and average&#8221; method, an old-time method for
> approximating the square root of any positive number "a" can be
> formulated as:
>
> x= (x+a/x)/2
>
> (a) Write a well-structured pseudocode to implement this
> algorithm. Use proper indentation so that the structure is
> clear.
> (b) Develop, debug, and document a Matlab function to
> implement this equation.
>
> Its basically a problem that by using this formula or function it would give me the square root of a number inserted.

What have you done since the last time you posted:

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/243811
0
someone3 (1980)