Help with parallel computing

I get the following error when running my code over distributed computing server; however, I don't get the error when running it with matlabpool set to local:

??? Error using ==> parallel_function>make_general_channel/channel_general at 843
Undefined function or method 'findCentroidsIndep' for input arguments of type 'struct'.

Error in ==> parallel_function>distributed_execution at 752
    [tags, out] = P.getCompleteIntervals(chunkSize);

Error in ==> parallel_function at 564
R = distributed_execution(...

Error in ==> processVideoDistributed at 85
    numFramesInSegment = size(vidFrames,4);

The function 'findCentroidsIndep' is defined for type struct and works locally.

I am quite sure I am adding the network drive to the path on all nodes.

Any ideas? Thanks
0
bwarnick (1)

"Brady Warnick" <bwarnick@dal.ca> writes:

> I get the following error when running my code over distributed computing
> server; however, I don't get the error when running it with matlabpool set to
> local:
>
> ??? Error using ==> parallel_function>make_general_channel/channel_general at 843
> Undefined function or method 'findCentroidsIndep' for input arguments of type 'struct'.
>
> Error in ==> parallel_function>distributed_execution at 752
>     [tags, out] = P.getCompleteIntervals(chunkSize);
>
> Error in ==> parallel_function at 564
> R = distributed_execution(...
>
> Error in ==> processVideoDistributed at 85
>     numFramesInSegment = size(vidFrames,4);
>
> The function 'findCentroidsIndep' is defined for type struct and works locally.

You could try running

pctRunOnAll which findCentroidsIndep

to see if all workers can find that function.

How are you adding the path to that function for the workers?

Cheers,

Edric.
0
eellis (488)