hey #2

Determine the positive real root of ln(x^4) = 0.7. (a) graphically, (b) using three iteration of the bisection method, with initial guesses of xl = 0.5  and xu = 2, and (c) using three iterations of the false-position method, with the same initial guesses as in (b).

This class is applied numerical methods with MATLAB for engineers and Scientists second editions.

Help me! I'm confused.

On Nov 14, 6:12=A0pm, "Shannon Cummings" <lastchanceshan...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Determine the positive real root of ln(x^4) =3D 0.7. (a) graphically, (b)=
 using three iteration of the bisection method, with initial guesses of xl =
=3D 0.5 =A0and xu =3D 2, and (c) using three iterations of the false-positi=
on method, with the same initial guesses as in (b).

> This class is applied numerical methods with MATLAB for engineers and Sci=
entists second editions.

> Help me! I'm confused. =A0

--------------------------
Well "hey" to you too.  How about picking a real subject line next
time?  For (a), try the plot() command.  Plot ln(x^4) for a bunch of x
values and see where it crosses a y value of 0.7.  Pretty simple - one
or two lines.
Good luck with your homework.
0
imageanalyst (7623)
11/15/2008 4:10:23 AM
"Shannon Cummings" <lastchanceshannon@hotmail.com> wrote in message <gfl0k1$orc$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Determine the positive real root of ln(x^4) = 0.7. (a) graphically, (b) using three iteration of the bisection method, with initial guesses of xl = 0.5  and xu = 2, and (c) using three iterations of the false-position method, with the same initial guesses as in (b).

x^l (below L), x^u (below u)

 This class is applied numerical methods with MATLAB for engineers and Scientists second editions.

 Help me! I'm confused.

I trying work out and I"m not sure right answer

"Shannon Cummings" <lastchanceshannon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>  This class is applied numerical methods with MATLAB for engineers and Scientists second editions.
>
>  Help me! I'm confused.
>
> I trying work out and I"m not sure right answer

You didn't specify which TEXT BOOK! We can't help you unless you specify the book AND the publisher. And the page this problem is located at.

0
numandina (372)

Web resources about - hey #2 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Sonatype Snares $30 Million Investment Led By Goldman Sachs
Sonatype, a company that helps customers create automated, policy-driven software component security, announced a $30 million round today led ...

Run-DMC to open for Chili Peppers at pre-Super Bowl concert
ATLANTA (AP) — Run-DMC will open up for the Red Hot Chili Peppers at a pre-Super Bowl concert in San Francisco.

Trump on Obama: 'Maybe he feels comfortable' at mosque
KTUU.com Trump on Obama: 'Maybe he feels comfortable' at mosque KTUU.com Donald Trump revived questions of President Barack Obama's religion ...

US Reports First Case Of Zika Virus Contracted Through Sexual Intercourse
The Zika Virus, a virus that is known to be carried by daytime Aedes mosquitoes and has slowly spread in several countries worldwide, has made ...

Hell, yeah, Amazon should open more bookstores
There is collective head-scratching across the InterWebs about a Wall Street Journal report that Amazon will open as many as 300, or even 400, ...

Google Will Now Warn You About Sites With Fake "Download" Buttons
Finding the right download button on a website is the least fun version of hide and seek ever invented. Now, Google’s taking action to warn users ...

UK says it will arrest Julian Assange even if UN rules in his favor
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says he will "accept arrest by British police" tomorrow if a UN panel rules that he has not been detained illegally ...

At CBS, Sumner Redstone is out and Les Moonves is in
CBS announced today that ailing and aging media mogul Sumner M. Redstone, who is 92, has resigned as the company's executive chairman. Leslie ...

Cisco-Jasper deal should make enterprise IoT safer
Cisco Systems' planned $1.4 billion acquisition of Jasper Technologies could make it easier for enterprises to build businesses around services ...

Toyota Ends Scion Brand – Why Did The Japanese Automaker Kill The Millennial/Hipster Brand?
Toyota has decided to end the Scion brand. The Japanese automaker indicated that the brand’s target audience, the millennial or hipster generation, ...