Hide GUI Figures from the Taskbar

Did anyone find a way to hide figures from the Windows Taskbar? I'm
creating a GUI that uses multiple figure windows (all of which are
visible), but I only want to have 1 entry in the Windows taskbar.
0
amadod (7)
2/8/2007 4:08:38 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211266 articles. 21 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

Amado DeHoyos wrote:

> Did anyone find a way to hide figures from the Windows Taskbar?
> I'm
> creating a GUI that uses multiple figure windows (all of which are
> visible), but I only want to have 1 entry in the Windows taskbar.

Amado,

When working with multiple figures you can simply set the 'Visible'
property of the figure to 'off' to hide the figure window and remove
it from the task bar.

Try this ...

h = figure;
pause
set(h, 'Visible', 'off')
pause
set(h, 'Visible', 'on')

Scott Smith
www.mat-gui.com
0
scottsmith (22)
2/9/2007 5:25:08 AM
Hi Amado,

There is a better way around this problem, which will only work in Matlab 7.

1) Dock your figures by clicking the small arrow in the upper right of the figure or by typing "set(gcf,'windowstyle','docked')" at the command prompt.

2) The docked figure will be included in a new container and will no longer appear in the taskbar. You can chose to dock this container to the Matlab desktop, in which case it also not displayed in the taskbar.

3) If you have docked all necessary figures in the "Figures"-container, they can be selected the same way you select between multiple files in the editor. Additionally, the figures can be arranged by using the "Tile"-tool, which is displayed in the upper right of the figure container, just beside the docking control.

You'll love it !!!

Sebastian
I'd like to remove the entry from the taskbar without actually hiding
the figure itself. This way, the parent figure and navigation window
will be the only taskbar entry rather than having one for each of the
open windows.
0
amadod (7)

Hiding Matlab figures from windows taskbar?
Hi, I developed a program with multiple figure and dialogs. I wanna hide some of figures and dialog boxes. How can I do it? Thanks in advance Shafa Couldn't you just comment them? Ak Shafa Hosseini nejad wrote: > > > Hi, > I developed a program with multiple figure and dialogs. I wanna > hide > some of figures and dialog boxes. How can I do it? > Thanks in advance > > Shafa > Shafa Hosseini nejad wrote: > Hi, > I developed a program with multiple figure and dialogs. I wanna hide > some of figures and dialog boxes. How can I do it? The easi...

Matlab GUI: can I design auto-hide tool-bar in Matlab?
Hi all, I want to design a tool bar that can be dock on to the top of the screen and can be auto-hide. Can Matlab do this? I ask this question because in my program, everything else is in Matlab, but the GUI looks ugly with simple buttons and menus. I want to have better GUI. Is that doable in Matlab? Thanks a lot, -Gino ...

dock a matlab figure in another matlab figure
I have an easy questions for you expert of matlab. I need to dock a matlab figure in another figure. What is the procedure ??? Thanks for your precious help, Chris Chris wrote: > I need to dock a matlab figure in another figure. Hi, AFAIK, you can't. J�r�me J�r�me wrote: > Chris wrote: > >> I need to dock a matlab figure in another figure. > > Hi, > > AFAIK, you can't. > > J�r�me there's something "similar" since matlab 7 (afaik). however, i don't know how to control this from a program: - open two figures - on each, cli...

how to hide "Figure No. 1" the window title bar for a matlab figure?
Hi folks, I want to hide the window title because I want to show a splash window which only shows an image. How can I do that? Thanks a lot, -Gino gino: <SNIP is ashamed of his/her figure's garland... a hint fh=handle(figure('name','foo')); pause; fh.name=''; pause; fh.numbertitle='off'; pause; fh.toolbar='none'; pause; fh.menubar='none'; us "gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> writes: > I want to hide the window title because I want to show a splash window > which only show...

Figure CreateFcn in GUI Matlab
My GUI was working properly some 15 minutes back and then I think I did something (which I don't remember) and it is giving me the following error: ?? Error using ==> feval Undefined command/function 'figure1_CreateFcn'. Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 75 feval(varargin{:}); Error in ==> Beta_COM_UI at 42 gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:}); ??? Error using ==> struct2handle Error while evaluating figure CreateFcn. I am not able to make head or tail of what happened. Can anyone please enlighten me ?? Thanks very much, Aparna Make sure that: 1. The active ...

MATLAB GUI callbacks and figures
Hi all, How can you close the parent figure from inside a callback? Usually I use handles=guidata(gcbo) and it has all the values stored from the gui editboxes.. and then I just use the function "get" but it does not have the parent figure value! The reason why I am trying to find this value is so that when a user clicks on a button, the .m script goes to the callback function and closes the gui. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks. close(gcbf) should work. "Matt Fig" <spamanon@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gqufv1$cbg$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > close...

matlab gui figure scrollable
I am new to matlab gui, I am trying to make a figure whose size extends beyond the computer screen, so that the user has to scroll down to see the entire page. How can I set the size of the gui such that this gets possible. also, I need to make a table of variable number of rows, so I cannot allocate any particular size to the table in guide, but I want the editboxes and other things just below the table (so that their positions are not fixed but depends on where the table bottom position is.) Is this possible? Please help. ...

Remove a matlab GUI figure border?
Hey, is it possible to remove a Matlab figure's GUI gray border and title bar? If not, is there a way to make them transparent? Thanks! "ZK " <zsk53@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:gs152t$sgr$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hey, is it possible to remove a Matlab figure's GUI gray border and title > bar? You mean in when clicking on the "View" option (at the top of the figure window) and deselect the "Figure toolbar" option? --Nasser Thanks for the response! No, it's more along the lines of: I created a Matlab GUI and it has a cool ...

Embedding Simulink figures in Matlab GUI
Hi all, I'm working on Matlab GUI which controls Simulink blocks while it's running. Is there any way to embed Simulink figures (ie. spectrum scope) onto Matlab GUI? I simply want to control and view the result at the same time on the same GUI. Thanks, Jake Hi Jake, sorry I can't help you as I deal with the same problem. Read the demos in the help menue and try to understand how they implement the graphs. Until now it doesn't work! Maybe somebody else has some experience..?! The script in the demo with few explainations doesn't help! Thanks! J�rgen Jake Hwang wrote: &...

Matlab gui as application gui
Hi , Is it possible, to use (or to develop) an application gui that is just like the Matlab gui ? I would like to have several workspaces with different ways to show data. Many IDE (e.g Eclipse, Visual Stusio etc) have a common type of IDE. I would like to have such a structure for my app. Any advise how to do this ? Thanks Arthur ...

GUI: set figure to gui
hi, i am creating a gui with a timer that will plot something whenever the timer function is called. The problem is that my data is plotting to a new figure instead of the gui. This is what i have in my opening function: function testplot_gui_OpeningFcn(hObject, eventdata, handles, varargin) handles.output = hObject; handles.tmr = timer('TimerFcn',{@TmrFcn},'BusyMode','Queue','ExecutionMode',... 'FixedRate','Period',1); start(handles.tmr); guidata(hObject, handles); For the sake of simplicity my timer function looks like this...

Matlab Gui Menu to direct to new figure
Hi, im sorry im still a beginner in matlab GUI. I have already built an gui interface, with a menu on top eg File, Edit View and etc. The problem is that im not able to re-direct to a 'new display', 'a new gui' when i select my menu. It will either pop up another new figure, so in the end i have two instead of one. But i would like to make it in a way like visual basic gui, where the menu is on top and any change will be jus reflected "below the menu", eg i have a front page, then i select view results from menu, it will change to another figure displaying plots and r...

Help! Matlab gui menu editor and figure
In my gui, I have created a menu with things like file, view, edit, compile results, help and etc....using the menu editor in gui layout editor. I intend to "refresh the gui contents just below the menu" For eg when a user click view in my gui he would be able to view a view simulated results page, instead of the "front page" when people first open my gui. Can you teach/guide me how to do it? Under the content of menu-view callback function, I type an openfig('new figure.fig'), so when ppl press the view menu, it will open up another figure of new contents and grap...

In Matlab, how to refer to a control in another gui figure ?
I have a gui with a push button that should open another gui figure when clicked. The second figure contains 6 edit textboxes and 4 axes. I need to display values in those 6 text boxes and images in the 4 axes. I will calculate those values in the first figure's m file. Now how can I refer to the controls in the second figure from the first figure's m file? "papitha " <papitha.jp@gmail.com> wrote in message <h8q8gh$2k7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I have a gui with a push button that should open another gui figure when clicked. > The second figure contains 6...

Image Background hides the plots and the panels in Matlab GUI
Hallo, I am a beginner in using the Matlab GUI, and I have a problem setting an image as a background of my GUI: 1. The code: Within the function '' mygui_OpeningFcn '' I wrote the code: ah=axes('unit', 'normalized','position', [0 0 1 1]); bg=imread('seaside.jpg'); imagesc(bg); set(ah,'handlevisibility', 'off', 'visible', 'off') uistack(ah,'bottom'); 2. The Problem: As I run the code, my GUI has a beautiful image of the seaside as background, BUT I cannot see the Panels anymore (they are behind the background). Therefore, I cannot see the graphs I would like to plot (In mygui there are 3 or 4 axes, where I want to plot some data); they rest behind the background as well. 3.What I have already tried: I have already tried to use the uistack 'up', to select 'bring to front'..but nothing Thank you very much to anyone could help me! Andrea ...

Creating a GUI Listbox in matlab to load saved figures
I want to add a Listbox to my exsisting Matlab code. I want this listbox on the second tab of my code where the graph is plotted. I want the listbox to be populated with .bmp saved plots in the current folder. I have little experience with MATLAB gui and I am having trouble even displaying the list box. Here is my current code [code]function PizanoGUI() x=linspace(-2,2,100); power=1; y=x.^power; ctrl_fh = figure; hPwr = uicontrol('Style','edit','Parent',... ctrl_fh,... 'Position',[45 100 100 20],... ...

Matlab GUI VS VC GUI
Hi, Can you give me some opinion about the advantage and disadvantage for Matlab GUI programming and VC GUI programming, respectively? I am trying to decide which one is the better one for my task. Thanks! Without wishing to sound flippant Matlab GUI's are easy to design but limited in application VC GUI's are more difficult to design but unlimited in what you can do It also depends on what your task is and whether you want the solution to be stand alone or not "Shi" <shifeishifei@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eec6cbe.-1@WebX.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, &...

matlab 7 GUI and GUI spacing
I am still new to the GUI aspect of matlab, but a problem I was having is thats its really hard to fit and organise the elements on a single GUI window. I was wondering is there any function or method to create say a Tabbed lay-out much like the tabbed lay-out for windows (example: the display properties tabbed window, where u can have lots of information like background, font,screensaver, setting etc). if this can't be down, then i would like to know how this problem is overcome in matlab GUIS. thankyou yao li shen wrote: > > > I am still new to the GUI aspect of matlab, but ...

MATLAB GUI: Is it possible to run '' generate code'' from a figure automatically in a .m file(without clicking the option)?
Hi all, I'm working on a GUI which can generate figures from simulation results. I would like to know if there is a function or command that runs ''generate code'' (from a figure) automatically without clicking the option in menu bar? Because I want to get all the user changes that the user has made in the figure, e.g. the user may drag the legend to another position. And among all the features or commands of MATLAB, I think ''generate code'' may be the only one that helps(or do you have any suggestions?) But it's quite troublesome if I click g...

Advanced GUI objects for Matlab GUI application
Hello to everybody! I'm developing a GUI application with Matlab R14 and I'm searching to use some advanced GUI objects. In particular I would like to create a form with a tree structure, like for example the tree structure of the "Contents" right form of the Matlab help. Could anyone suggest me if it is possibile and how to do it? Thank you very much to everybody for any kind of answer. Bye, Alberto. Alberto Paoletti wrote: > > > Hello to everybody! > > I'm developing a GUI application with Matlab R14 and I'm searching > to > use some advanced...

call to matlab function from matlab GUI stalls
I have the following problem. I have created a simple Matlab GUI (for our purposes it can just be considered a Matlab function) which gathers some parameters and then invokes a perl script that in turn calls other perl and Matlab scripts to perform various calculations. If instead of using the Matlab GUI, I run the perl command from the unix prompt, the flow runs and concludes correctly. BUT if I invoke the flow from the Matlab GUI (function), then it runs correctly by calling various other perl and Matlab scripts, but then when it reaches the third Matlab function call, it consistently stalls...

opening matlab figures in older version of matlab
hey, im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: "error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\figs\7b.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." i think its because I may have made the figures in matlab 7 (but im not 100% sure). is this error typical of a version mismatch of that kind? is there a way to modify the figure so that an older version of matlab can open it? matlabnoob wrote: > > > hey, > im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: > > "error using ==>...

MATLAB Gui Help, Piano Keys on Gui?
I'm fairly new and I wanted to create a Matlab gui. I typed in "guide" to get started on my gui but it doesn't seem to resolve my issue. I want to put a piano keyboard on the gui and when each piano key is played, the keys change color. The user doesn't need to actually press the keys on the piano. The piano keyboard layout is just there for them to show which piano keys are activated and deactivated (as the keys will change color). If anyone could show me where to start looking (Links) or tell me how I could even start by getting a piano image on the gui that can do w...

How can I communicate with matlab GUI outside the GUI file?
Hi, I want to know if there is some option to write to MATLAB GUI ( created by GUIDE) data from other files. Let's say I have some text box that I want to send data to, in the usual file created by guide, you can simply write : set(handles.edit1,'string',something); now let's say that I have 2 files : - GUI file - engine file I want to write directly from the engine file to the GUI, how can I do that? (without passing the data to the GUI file ) On 3/3/2011 4:43 PM, Eizo2 wrote: > Hi, > I want to know if there is some option to write to MATLAB GUI > ( created ...

Web resources about - Hide GUI Figures from the Taskbar - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Figure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

International Australian Tattoo Expo: One in five Aussies are inked, new figures show - DailyTelegraph ...
... to tattoos to make their mark. One in four women now have a tattoo. And, overall, one in five Australians have ink on their skin. New figures ...

Ariel Winter flaunts figure in bikini on Instagram - Pics
ARIEL Winter is ready for the heat - and the Modern Family star decided to get a helping hand on which bikini she should hit the beach with. ...

We Know What ‘White-Shoe’ Firms Are, Help Us Figure Out Which Firms Are ‘White Sandal’
Take our survey . Help us describe the world that is West of the Hudson.

People can't figure out how many girls are in this picture
Thousands have commented on an Instagram post that is confusing the internet. People cannot seem to agree on just how many girls are in the picture ...

Brent Patterson was key figure in Navy drug scandal, D.C. lawyer - CBS46 News
An active investigation continues into the suspicious fire that killed a mother and her two daughters. Initially no foul play was suspected, ...

'Pawn Stars' figure jailed in Vegas on weapon, drug charges
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The man known to millions of cable TV viewers as Chumlee on the reality show "Pawn Stars" was being held in a Las Vegas jail ...

Over 2,000 Retirees In New Jersey Are Drawing Six-Figure Pensions
Over 2,000 Retirees In New Jersey Are Drawing Six-Figure Pensions

Ted Melfi’s ‘Hidden Figures’ Adds Glen Powell & Mahershala Ali
... in negotiations to play astronaut John Glenn and House Of Cards’ Mahershala Ali has also joined the cast in director Ted Melfi ’s Hidden Figures ...

Sports Figure Endorses Donald Trump
Donald Trump, a screeching piece of mac ‘n cheese pizza, recently picked up an endorsement from former Yankee Paul O’Neill . He now has another ...